Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Girl Adrift:

So there's no real auto fishing? The highest I upgrade to autofishes but still throws me into a fight if i cant catch it automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Synthbuttrange posted:

Girl Adrift:

So there's no real auto fishing? The highest I upgrade to autofishes but still throws me into a fight if i cant catch it automatically.

Assuming your DPS is high enough, you can still auto catch the fish even if you get thrown into a fight. You only skip a fight if the fish you are catching is a lower level than the highest level version of that fish you've ever caught.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If you want to just idle-fish then you have to set your cast gauge low enough that everything it hooks will be at an automatic catch level.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Okay, now I see why ItRtG isn't more popular: it keeps introducing new mechanics that are useless until you've progressed far past when they're first introduced. It's exactly the opposite of what good idlers like Realm Grinder and Mine Defense do and it's bizarre.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 21, 2017

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Sindai posted:

Okay, now I see why ItRtG isn't more popular: it keeps introducing new mechanics that are useless until you've progressed far past when they're first introduced. It's exactly the opposite of what good idlers like Realm Grinder and Mine Defense do and it's bizarre.

I actually just loaded my save on kong and was surprised at how much stuff has been added. On the same subject, does the mobile version seriously not sync with Kong?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

ItRtG chat: I just got a pet token from a free draw. I take it this is one of the more rare drops -- which pet should I unlock?

If you can get a free pet, I think Dragon is the highest tier one.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Merijn posted:

If you can get a free pet, I think Dragon is the highest tier one.
That was true last year. There are more pets (including 3 secret ones)

Get robot it has highest stats.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Ignoranus posted:

I actually just loaded my save on kong and was surprised at how much stuff has been added. On the same subject, does the mobile version seriously not sync with Kong?

You can port a Kong save to Steam but I have no idea about mobile. I never played it on Kong, only on Steam and it's been fine. I was pretty confused at first but I found 2 resources which cleared a lot of it up, I'll link them here in case someone finds them useful too.

Basic beginning guide - https://pastebin.com/t8uBRVLk
Challenges guide - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701036862

Even then though, nothing really explains things like crystal factory or V2 UBs. I'm currently doing another ulitimate baal challenge to get my multipliers back down a bit before doing the last 15 ultimate universe challenges.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Len posted:

Do we have anyone playing Deep Town? It's very much a clicker game but I've been playing it and there's guilds that do... something.

You start out on ground level and work your way down a mineshaft building mining platforms to get materials for crafting and occasionally floors will have a boss type thing you have to out dps to move forward. 

It starts out with just coal and copper but eventually you get boatloads of different things from the mine that can craft. Things you dig up and craft can be sold for money or used as upgrade fodder. There's also quests that pop up sometimes like "farm x of y" or "get x mining platforms to level y".

Just wondering if we have anyone playing and a guild already or if I should make one because why not

Edit: here's an invite link. I get free stuff if you use it.

Join Deep Town crafters ranks, and we both get a free chest! https://zcb5x.app.goo.gl/?link=http...3uCX9JTkYssn1Xw

Giving this a shot, thanks!

Is there a guild?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Enigma posted:

Giving this a shot, thanks!

Is there a guild?

I made one I'm too lazy to actually invite people so it's an open guild for now. Mine Cart Carnage

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
http://www.kongregate.com/games/tovrick/sword-fight

Surprising amount of content.
Level up your sword guy, and then eventually start a school and try again as a new student.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/tovrick/sword-fight

Surprising amount of content.
Level up your sword guy, and then eventually start a school and try again as a new student.

Which stance is best?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Came here to post that game, I'm pretty much tired of all other idle games and this one at least does something somewhat original in a fun presentation, plus it's new and will probably get updated a lot.

I started out with the fencing stance, but at some point in the game (around level 40-50) the computer gains access to skills like 'power strike' before you do, and the dual-wield associated skill 'combo' seemed really neat and powerful, so I just switched to that. Does anyone know how to unlock additional combat skills and stances? I'm assuming beating the tournament after provost?

edit: apparently combo is not related to dual-wield after all? But in the comments someone claimed to have done the math and dual wield has the fastest offline gains, for everything else use whatever you think is cool.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 22, 2017

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Oenis posted:

Came here to post that game, I'm pretty much tired of all other idle games and this one at least does something somewhat original in a fun presentation, plus it's new and will probably get updated a lot.

I started out with the fencing stance, but at some point in the game (around level 40-50) the computer gains access to skills like 'power strike' before you do, and the dual-wield associated skill 'combo' seemed really neat and powerful, so I just switched to that. Does anyone know how to unlock additional combat skills and stances? I'm assuming beating the tournament after provost?

edit: apparently combo is not related to dual-wield after all? But in the comments someone claimed to have done the math and dual wield has the fastest offline gains, for everything else use whatever you think is cool.

I don't know if this is exactly what you're asking, but I got power strike when I hit 5 strength.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
That's also good to know, but I was looking for the speed skill which in turn enables combo strikes. It unlocked after 3 points in aggression for me just now. (edit: and 5 in accuracy)

Oenis fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 22, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Oenis posted:

Offline gains are based on your 8 best gold per second, which depends entirely on level of enemy and time to kill. Dualwield tends to have very fast kills.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I think actually fencing might be the best? You only have one weapon you need to spend money on, and the associated skill gives +17 stats overall compared to the others' +15.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Since the equipped gear changes if you just look at the different stances i am thinking that they are supposed to be used to counter different enemy stances, sorta like a rock paper scissor system.

I haven't seen any evidence for this but have not looked either, just a hunch.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Since the equipped gear changes if you just look at the different stances i am thinking that they are supposed to be used to counter different enemy stances, sorta like a rock paper scissor system.

I haven't seen any evidence for this but have not looked either, just a hunch.

Spreading your skills thin like that isn't all that viable I don't think.

Also, I just unlocked the school and awards tabs, there's an "exploit" where if you (buy and) sell 20/50/200 items, you gradually increase the sale price of items to the point where you can make a 20% profit for each item bought and sold. Supposedly that is intentional by the developer, and granted, compared to the money you earn later in the game it's not all that much for all the clicking you have to do.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
For the selling skills, they have the highest potential for earning of anything, as its exponential. Buy two items, max them both, sell them both, repeat.

It's a pain, but approximately every four times you do it, you reach the next item level.

What I'm dreading is trying to get a master 50 levels higher than any other master. I feel like I'd better just get it over with.

GrossMurpel posted:

I think actually fencing might be the best? You only have one weapon you need to spend money on, and the associated skill gives +17 stats overall compared to the others' +15.

If you've got a +17 item, sell it, rebuy it. Repeat 3-4 times, Now you can afford two +17 items.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 23, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Oh, forgot about upgrading and then selling. That's quite handy then, even if it's a hassle to do.

Since this game lacks a wiki, and this knowledge is useful to have for potential new players maybe we can collect and list the award rewards here for now?

Here are the ones I know:

Late Bloomer (reach level 50 without winning tournaments): +50% exp
Trader/Merchant/Arms Dealer (sell 20/50/200 items): sell for 100/110/120% of price
Brainstorm (have three masters with 1 point in innovation): Raise Fighting Skill Level Cap +5
Head Master (have one master 50 levels higher than the other two): +5 mastery skills for highest master

That's all I've got down, but Frugal gives +50% money I think?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Oenis posted:

Oh, forgot about upgrading and then selling. That's quite handy then, even if it's a hassle to do.

Since this game lacks a wiki, and this knowledge is useful to have for potential new players maybe we can collect and list the award rewards here for now?

Here are the ones I know:

Late Bloomer (reach level 50 without winning tournaments): +50% exp
Trader/Merchant/Arms Dealer (sell 20/50/200 items): sell for 100/110/120% of price
Brainstorm (have three masters with 1 point in innovation): Raise Fighting Skill Level Cap +5
Head Master (have one master 50 levels higher than the other two): +5 mastery skills for highest master

That's all I've got down, but Frugal gives +50% money I think?

Researcher is a 20% bonus to research rate so long as the master has wisdom 3
Prodigy: +50% xp
Master Blacksmith: 10% cheaper gear and upgrades
Collector: same
Soldier's/Brigand's/Rogues: +50 to a stat
Basic Training: +30 to attack/defend/hit, +10% damage and hp
The first 6 are all skill unlocks.

topheryan
Jul 29, 2004
Any recommendations for a good idle incremental game for iOS? I like games with more idle than clicking (for example, Clicker Heroes with the idle artifacts). Checking in to upgrade things fine, I just don't like required constant tapping, at least at higher levels.

I've tried Endless Frontier (didn't really do it for me), Clicker Heroes (reached about as far as I want to go in it), Realm Grinder (too active and not great on mobile, but seems cool), Nonstop Knight (pretty good, but more active the more you progress) Tap Titans and probably some others.

Not sure if there is a whole lot out there that I haven't tried, but figured it is worth asking

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Egg Inc. is pretty neat. I think there's some tapping needed early on but eventually it goes away. Mind you, when I was playing a lot it was also getting rebalanced and upgraded and stuff a lot so I dunno how the early game is now. Probably want to avoid it if you don't like chickens though :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Feel like i am missing something with Sword Fight. I am on the third run now but not actually getting any further than my first run. The skills the master had are cheaper but the skills the previous master had is not, which means that whatever skills your master had are the ones you need to keep using, or said in another way, if you ever try out a different skill you "reset" your progress.
Mastery points don't accumulate either, so you will have to level further every time or you will also lose progress.

?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ineptitude posted:

Feel like i am missing something with Sword Fight. I am on the third run now but not actually getting any further than my first run. The skills the master had are cheaper but the skills the previous master had is not, which means that whatever skills your master had are the ones you need to keep using, or said in another way, if you ever try out a different skill you "reset" your progress.
Mastery points don't accumulate either, so you will have to level further every time or you will also lose progress.

?

Have you unlocked the school yet? You have to appoint a second master to be able to diversify assuming that's actually working. I haven't yet bothered because once Scrolls are unlocked you can reduce Mastery and Fighting skill costs to 1 point each (up to the level of scroll you grind out). And no, that is NOT cumulative with master skill reduction, if you have a strength 10 scroll it doesn't matter if none of your masters have 10 strength, you'll be able to get to 10 strength for 10 points anyway, and you only need to have a master with one point in a skill to start training a scroll. It's exactly as good as it sounds both for getting disciples buffer faster and making mastery points go the distance.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016

Ineptitude posted:

?

This is where I got stuck as well. And I made the huge mistake of asking for advice in Kongregate chat....

How do you get multiple masters???? I must be missing something really huge because I have no idea why this game is so popular.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Kraven Moorhed posted:

ItRtG chat: I just got a pet token from a free draw. I take it this is one of the more rare drops -- which pet should I unlock?

I hope i'm not too late but THE ROBOT. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET THE ROBOT

1) can only be gotten via pet token
2) one of the highest starting growths of alll pets
3) (the biggest reason) its special ability is +100% to growth campaign bonus. This means your big guy ALSO adds dpuble growth to your little guys making them big guys even faster.

If you already have the robot then i suggest the eagle for similar reasons but its bonus is the item campaign. More rare item drops is real good.

Also i'll take the time to plug itrtg.wikia.com - it's a bit buried in the faq in-game but its basically the "official" wiki. I also had a hand in writing up a good amount of it :D

something fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 23, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Numberwang posted:

This is where I got stuck as well. And I made the huge mistake of asking for advice in Kongregate chat....

How do you get multiple masters???? I must be missing something really huge because I have no idea why this game is so popular.

IIRC the school becomes open for purchase once you become a master (as opposed to a provost).

e: Once you've beaten that, the final tournament also unlocks the last category of Master skills for your disciple once promoted and duels.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 23, 2017

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

something posted:

Also i'll take the time to plug itrtg.wikia.com - it's a bit buried in the faq in-game but its basically the "official" wiki. I also had a hand in writing up a good amount of it :D

Let me take the time to say thanks, then - I've finally returned to ItRtG (you can sync Kong with Android through the "Connect" option on the "Info" button) and I've been using the info on the Wikia pretty heavily. The "Speedrunning" page made me finally realize that it's OK for me to rebirth with lower multipliers and that it's even worthwhile to stockpile some God Power. Now I'm trying to build some of that up so I can actually progress.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I took a long break from Idling to Become God for a long time, and when I got back in, I realized I could easily have done arty.

So I'm doing that now, gonna get that turtle.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

something posted:

Thanks for that, I've been referring to it constantly.

Speaking of which, I just read about "planet defense" on the wiki, but I can barely find any other reference to this anywhere else, and no sign of it on the planet tab or its explanation screen. What is it?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
It might be referring to the crystal feature. Complete a UBC (Ultimate Baal Challenge) to unlock it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ignoranus posted:

Let me take the time to say thanks, then - I've finally returned to ItRtG (you can sync Kong with Android through the "Connect" option on the "Info" button) and I've been using the info on the Wikia pretty heavily. The "Speedrunning" page made me finally realize that it's OK for me to rebirth with lower multipliers and that it's even worthwhile to stockpile some God Power. Now I'm trying to build some of that up so I can actually progress.

I kinda feel that I'm trapped in this at the moment. I just started playing this a couple of days ago, and left the game running overnight, and came back to some significant creation achievement related bonuses, but now my subsequent runs are requiring a significant amount of time investment to regain those achievements to keep moving forward. Should I keep doing this to keep getting stronger to kill more gods (I just killed Diana this run)? I'm not at the point where gods continually give GP, so maybe it is too early to worry about it.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Ignoranus posted:

If you head to room 1 on Kong, you'll find me dispensing speedrunning tips, if you're really into that sort of thing.

I kinda really like speedrunning in general.

Klungar posted:

I kinda feel that I'm trapped in this at the moment. I just started playing this a couple of days ago, and left the game running overnight, and came back to some significant creation achievement related bonuses, but now my subsequent runs are requiring a significant amount of time investment to regain those achievements to keep moving forward. Should I keep doing this to keep getting stronger to kill more gods (I just killed Diana this run)? I'm not at the point where gods continually give GP, so maybe it is too early to worry about it.

Speedrunning is generally started when you're on the cusp of beating baal, or post baal. The first run up the gods is a bit of a slog no matter how you do it. But when you get close to baal/beat him for the first time, you could start doing 1 hour rebirths and mostly staying in the coatlicue-baal range, and farming some early GP. Also, a tip for you at the diana stage - gently caress creation achievement bonuses. Gett just a couple low-hanging ones, then make clones all day, every day, hit the soft 99,999 cap ASAP. That'll help you gain momentum.

something fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 23, 2017

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

something posted:

Speedrunning is generally started when you're on the cusp of beating baal, or post baal. The first run up the gods is a bit of a slog no matter how you do it. But when you get close to baal/beat him for the first time, you could start doing 1 hour rebirths and mostly staying in the coatlicue-baal range, and farming some early GP. Also, a tip for you at the diana stage - gently caress creation achievement bonuses. Gett just a couple low-hanging ones, then make clones all day, every day, hit the soft 99,999 cap ASAP. That'll help you gain momentum.

This is probably my issue then, I'm only at about 11k currently because I spend most of my run building non-shadow clone stuff. Thanks!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, just defeat a new god each rebirth on your initial climb up the god ladder and your multipliers should be fine.

Also never forget to kill all your clones at the end of each run, raising your clone cap is a big deal.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
So, I have a question for anyone who tried my NGU game a while ago - I've continued working on bits of it here and there, and I had an idea to hopefully make the adventure/loot system more engaging. Right now it feels a bit bland to me cause it's just "Get gear from one zone,boost it to max, wait a long time til you reach the next zone unlock, rinse and repeat."

Do you think it'd be better if any given loot, and any given stat on it, had a variance on its capped stats of 10-20%? So what I mean is, say an item right now has the following caps for its stat bonuses:

20/100 attack
4/20 def
Special: Energy Power 5/10

Right now, every drop of that item is gonna be just that. With the system i'd maybe like to do, the drop could be something like:

23/87 attack,
5/22 def
Special: Energy Power: 6/11

or on another drop:

16/106 attack,
3/17 def
Special: Energy Power: 4/13

The idea being, getting any drop from a new zone is gonna be a nice improvement, then for the next while you're going through drops and occasionally ditching an old drop for a new one which rolled better stats.

Would that be "fun"? Or just an RNG slog?

something fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 23, 2017

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

something posted:

So, I have a question for anyone who tried my NGU game a while ago -

I'm not a fan. In fact, I'd say that drops should be much less random. I'd suggest a way to break down excess gear drops instead, using it to craft enhancers/other gear pieces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Elswyyr posted:

I'm not a fan. In fact, I'd say that drops should be much less random. I'd suggest a way to break down excess gear drops instead, using it to craft enhancers/other gear pieces?

That's an interesting idea So, you'd be able to convert one piece of gear to another? What first came to mind was a tf2-esque style. Insert piece of gear you don't want, output is some sort of resource akin to "metal". that + gold = item of your choice, within that tier.

something fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 23, 2017