Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Photex posted:

CSGO sound loving sucks, just make sure you're using HRTF and that's about as good as it's going to get. Some maps are also just really loving bad when it comes to figuring out direction like Nuke for example or Mirage (I can never tell if they are in bapts or underpants)

I remember this being so incredibly easy to tell in 1.6 and Source. Am I crazy or is that your (and others) experience as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Crimson posted:

I remember this being so incredibly easy to tell in 1.6 and Source. Am I crazy or is that your (and others) experience as well?

yes, nuke was not my favorite map back then either but you could distinguish things being above or below you in source. i think that technology may be lost forever

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Gross.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

When you hear random headshots from across the map as if they were right next to you is when you know your sound settings are right

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

drunken officeparty posted:

When you hear random headshots from across the map as if they were right next to you is when you know your sound settings are right

sounds like I've got a perfect setup then

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

They supposedly fixed that a while ago, but God that was annoying.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Nope, still experiencing it to this day. It's rare though.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Suran37 posted:

They supposedly fixed that a while ago, but God that was annoying.

I still get this at least twice per game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
not as much as i used to but yeah it happens here and there.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Dude is being a piece of poo poo complaining about us. He outfrags us but not by much. He buys AK 2nd round. I warn him not to lose it. He loses it, and the ct saves it for third.
He buys ak 3rd round. I tell him to stop it. He loses it. We lose the round.
While bitching incessantly, he blocks our awper at ramp, and complains about this. I tell him the awper should be complaining about him, since he blocked it, and he's watching mid. You know, the thing an awper should do. He teamkills me.
I bide my time, waiting for him to gently caress up like I know he will. Lo and behold, he buys a molotov, but unexpectedly, he fucks up and it bounces back. I do my best tibethan monk impression and stand on it, killing me and kicking him from the server. Justice has prevailed, but at what cost..?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Negatives of slogging through silver games:
-lots of children
-lots of random racism
-people don't know calls even on popular maps
-too much talking
-no one manages their money

Positives:
-My $5 skins and knife I got for free get constantly complemented
-The enemy team also has the same kind of people
-It's incredibly easy to frag those people

That said, ranking up is still taking loving forever.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ThePeavstenator posted:

-lots of children
-lots of random racism
-too much talking

Positives:

I find children are way more chill than adults. Adults just start swearing or get super passive aggressive immediately.
Managing money is true though. Always look at the others and end ip "oh guess we're going for it again. Another bizon/ump it is"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Even at eagle 2 i saw people that forced every round. It was raree but it will never stop happening

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I have never met a toxic belgian so I nominate belgium as the chillest cs go nation

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

ThePeavstenator posted:

-lots of children
-lots of random racism
-too much talking

Positives:

We should slog through some Silver games together. I think we're on at similar times too if goonmans are any indication.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

is a great gun if you feel friendly and want to tickle the guy with the armor :confuoot:

chillest people to play with are people who are older and have like, families and stuff so they don't stress over imaginary shootmans and just generally people who have other stuff going on in their life to give them perspective/outlets in terms of physical hobbies etc.

Bohemian Nights posted:

I have never met a toxic belgian so I nominate belgium as the chillest cs go nation

This is wrong and the real answer is actually Russia because it's real chill to play with your team on mute (coms are a crutch for bad gamesense)

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ilmucche posted:

I find children are way more chill than adults. Adults just start swearing or get super passive aggressive immediately.
Managing money is true though. Always look at the others and end ip "oh guess we're going for it again. Another bizon/ump it is"

True but it gets annoying when I have to keep telling them to shut up because I'm listening for footsteps, or they're not aiming at the group of people I'm shooting at, or they keep asking for the AWP I have so they can miss with it.

Plus there's like guaranteed to be at least one throwaway account with a Hitler/KKK/Swastika/etc icon that spends the game either typing or saying the n-word.

Viper_3000 posted:

We should slog through some Silver games together. I think we're on at similar times too if goonmans are any indication.

Sure, I'm ThePeavstenator on Steam.

Kehveli posted:

chillest people to play with are people who are older and have like, families and stuff so they don't stress over imaginary shootmans and just generally people who have other stuff going on in their life to give them perspective/outlets in terms of physical hobbies etc.

This is why I prefer goonmans.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
"bindtoggle X voice_scale 0.2 1 1" enjoy your mute button

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Bohemian Nights posted:

the english are the worst

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
cheeky frags

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The only reason to mute someone is because they are either playing music or soundclips which is an instant permanent mute, or won't stop literally screaming or blowing into the mic. You babies.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

cheeky frags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Dongicus posted:

the english are the worst

agree 100%, can go from zero to category 1 toxicity in the span of knife round to pistol

Kehveli posted:

This is wrong and the real answer is actually Russia because it's real chill to play with your team on mute (coms are a crutch for bad gamesense)

nah, just give russia a tiny bit of lip service and they'll love you

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 25, 2017

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

youre walking a fockin ostrich you daft oval office

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i saw this the other day and thought of emu man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo4QCOHfrac

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
UK people are indeed very toxic, but the toxicity to throwing game ratio is much lower than across the Iron Curtain. First language English speakers are freer to speak their minds and complain. Finns are probably the chillest.

My biggest complaint about UK players (on ESEA) was that they pretty much universally suck. It's like, gr8 a UK player on my team, now I lose.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

The only reason to mute someone is because they are either playing music or soundclips which is an instant permanent mute, or won't stop literally screaming or blowing into the mic. You babies.

:ughh:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I never mute anyone, I say I mute them in VoIP and then don't it actually has a pretty good effect

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Photex posted:

I never mute anyone, I say I mute them in VoIP and then don't it actually has a pretty good effect

the classic bitch move

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Is ESEA worth it if you don't have friends or a team that also is on it? Is there a significant goon presence on it?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ThePeavstenator posted:

Is ESEA worth it if you don't have friends or a team that also is on it? Is there a significant goon presence on it?

yes esea is fine for solo but unless you're like lem+ you're gonna get chewed out for sucking every single match

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

i saw this the other day and thought of emu man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo4QCOHfrac

fucken moove ya fat dick

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Bohemian Nights posted:

yes esea is fine for solo but unless you're like lem+ you're gonna get chewed out for sucking every single match

Not in the D ranks, but at that point you really shouldn't be paying for ESEA.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

ThePeavstenator posted:

You would be wasting your money if you got ESEA.

e: If you feel like you're still learning in goonmans then you're not ready for esea. Just keep MMing.

Kwilty fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 25, 2017

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Happy just rage quit holy poo poo

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Hoshi posted:

Happy just rage quit holy poo poo

Lol what match?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

He was account sharing with me, it was me.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
more like eseGAY

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Alighieri posted:

He was account sharing with me, it was me.

Story checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

ThePeavstenator posted:

slogging through silver games

i have mostly been playing other games in recent years but i still play cs:go once every month or so to maintain that literal bottom tier because playing ranked games there is pretty much always full of the most unintentionally funny people

from my experiences they know their callouts, they know buying strategies, they have seen hours worth of youtube tutorials... and yet their aim is so bad that that you can just run around with whatever guns you want and do alright