Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I'm not sure Cavs fans are the example you want to put forth as a group that doesn't burn jerseys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Max Rappaport traced the origin of the phrase "Trust the Process".

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/900385043239108609

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Defensive Player of the Year: James 'Flight' White

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Al Thornton is evidence of why you should never draft super late seniors even if they are very athletic. See also: Wesley Johnson

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Away all Goats posted:

Don't let this trade distract you from the fact that Melo is still on the Knicks

I read on some rando site that the Rockets consider Ariza untouchable in a Melo trade which, if true, god bless Daryl Morey

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Rockets bitch

(That felt so weird to type)

It gets easier with practice

Balls of brass I guess. Was it Monta Ellis who turned down like $12m which was a huge deal at the time and then fired his agent and signed with Dallas for less

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm not sure Cavs fans are the example you want to put forth as a group that doesn't burn jerseys

Fans Known For Burning Jerseys Don't Burn Jersey

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Fans Known For Burning Jerseys Don't Burn Jersey

Hahah, I like that

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
guess im ok with not ever having copped that kyrie jersey. it is what it is, it it is.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/BaronDavis/status/900499592159969280

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Of course Boston, despite being the Mecca of higher education, doesn't always display the wisdom and intelligence that it should.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/900449792865837056

IT sucked and I'm glad he's off my team.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nah at least with Lebron there is that sense of betrayal as he left. Getting mad and burning Thomas's Jersey is the dumbest thing ever as he wanted to stay and didn't push to get a contract done so they could get Hayward.

There is no "betrayal" here which makes it worse than Bron's stuff.

Edit: Just to be clear all burning of Jersey's are dumb, unless the player like assaults/murders or rapes someone. Some reasons are just more dumb than others.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 24, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Who will throw their body into LeBron in an attempt to stop his dunks now though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Nah at least with Lebron there is that sense of betrayal as he left. Getting mad and burning Thomas's Jersey is the dumbest thing ever as he wanted to stay and didn't push to get a contract done so they could get Hayward.

There is no "betrayal" here which makes it worse than Bron's stuff.

Edit: Just to be clear all burning of Jersey's are dumb, unless the player like assaults/murders or rapes someone. Some reasons are just more dumb than others.

I also think it doesn't matter that a group of what appears to be young teenagers is stupid and decided to burn a basketball jersey because stupid people do stupid things and it doesn't represent much beyond the fact that they're stupid

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
look, i gotta burn somethin

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
No I will judge the entirety of the Boston fanbase by those arsonist teens.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
:420:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

No I will judge the entirety of the Boston fanbase by those arsonist teens.

I can't argue with that.

Brolander posted:

look, i gotta burn somethin

This either

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

Man I wonder if we could do an old bad sports opinion thread here with out it turning into helldump

Look i can no longer stop you but I cannot stress enough just how bad an idea this is

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
The TRP bad football posts thread has a rule that you can't link to SA posts. I think the same rule should apply to the NBA one

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Fellas

https://twitter.com/alexiskmorgan/status/900514658632728576

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Not pictured: Klay's fanny pack of weed

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Klay "Animal House" Thompson

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Animal house, house, house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRrwl6qT-d4

Rumor: Young Bulls ‘can’t stand’ Dwyane Wade

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/23/rumor-young-bulls-cant-stand-dwyane-wade/

Chicago Media & Chicago Bulls Ownership need to be put in a pot and boiled

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 24, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

though lmao is Kyrie really loving bad at shots in the 5-10 foot range lol.

Isiah's floater game is loving deadly.

IT also goes to the line way more often when he goes to the rim so I'd bet his ts% on close shots is higher. Harden is loving ridiculous good god

zoux posted:

Aren't those shots terribly inefficient

Not if IT is the one taking them. As the Spurs (and most of basketball history) have demonstrated, a midrange jumper is not an inefficient shot if...it's not one. The point of Moreyball is MOST players are really bad in that territory and even if you build an offense around creating good looks there, it has to be insanely good to outpace an offense that takes 3s instead. Not that like, secretly Michael Jordan was bad at 15 foot jumpers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Rumor: Young Bulls ‘can’t stand’ Dwyane Wade

hell, same

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

IT also goes to the line way more often when he goes to the rim so I'd bet his ts% on close shots is higher. Harden is loving ridiculous good god

Not if IT is the one taking them. As the Spurs (and most of basketball history) have demonstrated, a midrange jumper is not an inefficient shot if...it's not one. The point of Moreyball is MOST players are really bad in that territory and even if you build an offense around creating good looks there, it has to be insanely good to outpace an offense that takes 3s instead. Not that like, secretly Michael Jordan was bad at 15 foot jumpers.

Kyrie is a loving wizard at avoiding contact in the lane. Which yeah isn't great for drawing fouls(see Derrick Rose)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership.

gently caress that Jump Shooting rear end bitch Ray Allen tho...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wade's presence at Bulls practices this season will be exclusively limited to heckling the garbage young guys as he gets massaged on the sidelines

GarPax will buy him out when he crosses the line and points out that Kris Dunn is really bad

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

verbal enema posted:

Just out if curiosity what is Your Team

Warriors since 1988. Season tickets for years and years of the worst basketball ever seen in the NBA.

Now living a dream and I hope I never wake up

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

i respect kris dunn the bredda stays moisturised

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

This or the J-Rich spike from Barnes vs. the Mavs in game 6 of We Believe are tied for my favorite Warriors play of all time. God those playoffs were amazing.

Question, and I'm sorry if it's been asked or covered already, but do original stipulations of a traded pick stay with that pick or can they be altered down the line?

I.e. if New Jersey's pick had been top 3 protected, that would have passed through to Cleveland, right?

If so, can a team add stipulations on to a pick in a second hand fashion? Could Boston theoretically have top 3'd Brooklyn's pick or are they required to keep it in the same format as it was originally conveyed?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

TheKevman posted:

This or the J-Rich spike from Barnes vs. the Mavs in game 6 of We Believe are tied for my favorite Warriors play of all time. God those playoffs were amazing.

Question, and I'm sorry if it's been asked or covered already, but do original stipulations of a traded pick stay with that pick or can they be altered down the line?

I.e. if New Jersey's pick had been top 3 protected, that would have passed through to Cleveland, right?

If so, can a team add stipulations on to a pick in a second hand fashion? Could Boston theoretically have top 3'd Brooklyn's pick or are they required to keep it in the same format as it was originally conveyed?

I think just recently (maybe with the latest CBA) they allowed teams to change/add protections when they on trade a pick. Like the Lakers to Philly pick that was moved as part of Boston trading down in the draft

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

CP3 also has a mean-rear end mid-range game. That's another reason I think he and Harden will annihilate defenses.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
HMM WHO SPONSORED THIS???

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
On the one hand one of my favorite things to do the past 3-4 years is to go to Staples on the game before Christmas, it's become a tradition. On the other hand, I don't really know if I want to financially support this team as long as Magic is in charge, on the other hand someone is going to buy that ticket anyway if I don't so it's sort of a pointless protest.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

DeimosRising posted:

Mid-range jumpers are mostly just important for spacing. They're inefficient, but if your team is only taking 3s and driving to the lane then they are easier to defend. Gotta keep defenses honest. Having a big man who can step out and hit a mid-range jumper really helps clear out the paint.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rick posted:

On the one hand one of my favorite things to do the past 3-4 years is to go to Staples on the game before Christmas, it's become a tradition. On the other hand, I don't really know if I want to financially support this team as long as Magic is in charge, on the other hand someone is going to buy that ticket anyway if I don't so it's sort of a pointless protest.

Rick, my friend... go to the games and have fun! Then come here and we can all make fun of Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

HMM WHO SPONSORED THIS???

I'm trying to figure out how I would describe the dorky cardigan over the crisp shirt and tie look but I'm coming up short. It looks bad, though.

• Locked thread