Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe
somebody told me there was a counterprotest at Washington Square but nobody was there on either side so I left.

I'm seriously helpless without facebook events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I'm just going to take what happened as further proof the New York is a garbage city

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It appears it got shown up by Boston so...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

MizPiz posted:

I'm just going to take what happened as further proof the New York is a garbage city

:wrong:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a dude smashed out the confederate flag guys windows and yelled "wutang is for the kids" as he was being put in a squadcar.

owns

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

poo poo, I had no idea that was going on.

I thought it was one of the hate rallys that got cancelled

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Real hurthling! posted:

a dude smashed out the confederate flag guys windows and yelled "wutang is for the kids" as he was being put in a squadcar.

owns

A candle light of hope in a city of darkness.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I guess if it makes you feel any better, I haven't read anything about the NY march. everything seems to be Boston focused and they did a very good job there (the counter protest)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i wonder what the boston "free speech" protesters think about renaming Yawkey Way

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Guess who sucks?

The NYPD.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Guess who sucks?

The NYPD.

I don't get how people can see this poo poo and than day the cops get criticized too much and people just need to talk to them to understand them and their situation

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

KomradeX posted:

I don't get how people can see this poo poo and than day the cops get criticized too much and people just need to talk to them to understand them and their situation

They are under a lot of pressure, they are only human. you can't expect them to even know about, let alone follow, the law or entertain the idea of civil rights.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Just remember, he was the person who ran against Cuomo in 2010. For all the hate Cuomo gets, imagine what things would be like if Paladino had won.

Anyways, here's an Upstate Update.

A local Democrat Rachael Barnhart, who is running against the incumbent mayor Lovely Waren, is being sued by a marketing group for unpaid bills. The timing is suspect, as the person suing her is the head of the theater league that wants to build a proposed arts center that the current mayor supports. Also, he looks like this:

Korthal has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Aug 23, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

felder's got real cool aides working for him

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

"IDC filled with horrible shitheads all the way down" reports this year's least surprising news story.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

mrmcd posted:

"IDC filled with horrible shitheads all the way down" reports this year's least surprising news story.

Felder's too whacked out for even the IDC to associate with him.

He's literally a DINO on a level that Jeff Klein could only dream of.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Crown Heights Bar Owner Refuses To Remove 'Bullet Hole' Wall: 'I'm Sorry I Have A Sense Of Humor'

It would be great if we could get woke twitter to defend her.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im both the dude on the right and the other dude looking at him

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

she probably thinks laughing at a retarded kid is funny

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
That lady isn't from New York, is she.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It begins.

https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/901264454532440064

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
:rolleyes:

Oh no! Great man theory of history isn't 100% accurate, time to engage in full-blown iconoclasty and destroy all history.

I'm so woke!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

:rolleyes:

Oh no! Great man theory of history isn't 100% accurate, time to engage in full-blown iconoclasty and destroy all history.

I'm so woke!

nuclear take detected

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

italians will completely freak out if they try to take away columbus but they probably already vote republican anyway if they care that much.

i'll riot if they take away the school holiday without giving me something else tho

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

uncurable mlady posted:

nuclear take detected

It's only a "nuclear take" if you have no concept of the fact that human history is made up of humans.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

italians will completely freak out if they try to take away columbus but they probably already vote republican anyway if they care that much.

i'll riot if they take away the school holiday without giving me something else tho

I need to rewatch that Sopranos episode.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That lady isn't from New York, is she.
iirc she's not even american, she's a former corporate attorney from canada who decided to come here and splash money around

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

get that OUT of my face posted:

iirc she's not even american, she's a former corporate attorney from canada who decided to come here and splash money around

I'll vote for Trump if he promises to build a border wall around Canada.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MizPiz posted:

I'll vote for Trump if he promises to build a border wall around Canada.

Canada might even pay for it :smith:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Forget Columbus, the real fireworks will come if and when someone can make the Grant's Tomb bullshit stick.

You thought statuefights were bad, people are actively proposing that the remains of a former president be disinterred and removed from the city.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CaptainPsyko posted:

Forget Columbus, the real fireworks will come if and when someone can make the Grant's Tomb bullshit stick.

You thought statuefights were bad, people are actively proposing that the remains of a former president be disinterred and removed from the city.

Sorry, but Grant was no angle, therefore he must be erased from history.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i heard that grant wasn't even a drunk, that was just a line of attack his opponents used against him and it stuck

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

i heard that grant wasn't even a drunk, that was just a line of attack his opponents used against him and it stuck

Tear his loving statue down now!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

When Lincoln heard about the accusations he said he wished his other union generals would drink the same stuff as Grant.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

This is the corniest poo poo.

You see? The red paint symbolizes BLOOD, which is on his hands!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

AJ did it.

https://youtu.be/O4xIjWgBEMU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It's important to fight the root cause of racism and not symbolic outgrowths of it. Don't support toppling statues of Columbus. Instead, support deporting and/or interning all Italian-Americans.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
sun-level take: if someone's bad outweighs their good? no statue for them.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Gg buffalo you sure showed them

Now to elect our Republican-Democrat mayor for a fourth term lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

for what?