Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

"Early stages of planning and hiring" = 3 years

no wonder this poo poo takes forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

within minutes of posting that dropbox link my sharing access got restricted for generating too much traffic :laugh:
so here is the back up for that discord recording
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6SB-B1cyoLbY3gxTWI2bU5FUjA/view?usp=sharing

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Stimpire lore summarised the event:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I love that the original release date was November 2014, yet this guy thinks that CIG not even starting until that year looks good for them

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Revisionist history.jpg

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

awkward hi 5 at 36 second of the clip

https://clips.twitch.tv/AffluentGenerousBisonYouDontSay

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

lazorexplosion posted:

Face over IP

:laffo:

in a space game where you spend most of your time in a space suit and/or in a seat staring out into space. They decided to work on that.

This is breathtakingly retarded.
Magnificent.

in space can they see you PARP?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Foo Diddley posted:

I love that the original release date was November 2014, yet this guy thinks that CIG not even starting until that year looks good for them

no u see that was before some random poll on the forums which asked backers if they wanted to delay the game another 5+ years

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
We have a project I'm leading at work that's now about six months late from the original schedule, owing to a number of technical issues, timetable conflicts and lack of personnel resources. Thanks to Crobbers, every single time that there's been another delay for whatever reason, I've just said to myself "well things could be worse, at least it isn't Star Citizen" and just changed the deadlines. We're now finally getting it to the finish line, and while there'll probably still be some unexpected issues to work out, well, at least it isn't loving Star Citizen 3.0.

So thanks for all the paaarps, Chris!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
star citizen 2001

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
A space Odyssey.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

happyhippy posted:

This guy has out conned a con artist.
Somehow he managed to convince Chris to give them a poo poo load of the bank loan over to make a peripheral worse than a joystick.

how many neckbeard shutin autists want a web cam though?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Percelus posted:

willem dafoe will always be gren gobberlin to me

"But now that you've really pissed me OWWWWAAAHF?" lol I love that bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1etvYj6aPqY

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 26, 2017

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Dark Off posted:

within minutes of posting that dropbox link my sharing access got restricted for generating too much traffic :laugh:

This is excellent, and best listened to in tandem with watching the livestream in tandem, (with livestream turned down low obv). :)

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
has anyone said farceware yet

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
"Chris, we should lock down the featureset for Star Citizen's MVP release in 2020, the scope is large enough"

"I can't do that Dave"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cde01HNKQVw

:allears:

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

BeigeJacket posted:

I feel very hungover from the booze.

That and mainlining 3 hours of pure CIG.

The webcam gimmick is such an odd hill for them to plant their flag on.

Not really, it's a functional 3rd party product they can easily bolt on to the foundationless buggy mess that is Star Citizen. Add in Crobberts obsession with mocap and FIDELITY and it's a natural fit.

In one stroke Chris gets to show off "progress" that CIG barely has to do work for and at the same time he gets to make his dream game/movie/story more cinematic.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I started to reply, then realized I don't give a poo poo and these idiots deserve to be scammed. They won't learn, they won't care, and it's not worth the effort.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Dark Off posted:

Cool! Does anyone have a video recording of the presentation without pieces cut out?
Together it will be a document in the history of the internet age's art of international dumpster fire appreciation.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Taintrunner posted:

Even worse: that's all they had. Just think how many thousands of dollars of crowdfunded dollars they've burned to create commercials to sell in-game ships. Not a grounded vertical slice, not stabilizing the loving build - but they put the most love into loving advertisements.

lol wasn't chris' original pitch that they wouldn't have to waste cash on pesky publisheresque things like advertising, so every dollar backed actually if you think about it was worth like six?

Bumbler
Dec 17, 2005

With face tracking CIG can now automatically detect when you look away from a ship commercial and detract UEC from your account as a penalty

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

I'm behind but thank you for the reminder, AP -- I've been sampling the deluge of post-show reactions but somehow I forgot the Relay gang. Any Relay episode that has Erris saying "this is bad" inside the first 90 seconds is one I will make time for.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
in the stimpire they'll know if you look away from the public executions. they'll know if you don't cheer. they just know and eterniate you

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

G0RF posted:

I'm behind but thank you for the reminder, AP -- I've been sampling the deluge of post-show reactions but somehow I forgot the Relay gang. Any Relay episode that has Erris saying "this is bad" inside the first 90 seconds is one I will make time for.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuspiciousVastStarlingSoBayed

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
good lord this game

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

good lord this game

is good

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Video games are escapist fantasy. I specifically play them to become a space princess or a ninja murder hobo or whatever other long list of cool things that you can be in a game that I am not in reality. One of the things that I am definitely not in reality is a professional face actor. I'm not even an amateur face actor. I have no idea why anyone thinks that I'd want to spend a bunch of money on gear to transmit my awkward face into a game.

The headline feature of this demo was the ability to put on community theatre in space.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Almost 4000 posts???

This better be the ELE or 3.0 was delivered and it's 2000 posts of or buying back in and starting guilds.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mne nravitsya posted:

Major props to our mod Beet Wagon as his were the last words I can remember being uttered before we all plunged over the edge into the abyss that was the Star Citizen live stream (QFM) "Guys, please don't do anything inappropriate in the forum, the thread is starting to pick up speed!!!!AAAIIIEEEEEE!!!" or some sort of squealing/pleading for a last moment of calm before the madness.

I'm still like seven pages behind and desperately trying to catch up but yeah this is an accurate description of trying to moderate the thread over the last 24 hours lol.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Titanic posted:

Almost 4000 posts???

This better be the ELE or 3.0 was delivered and it's 2000 posts of or buying back in and starting guilds.
Well...

And

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

No, no, NO. NO.

I am not falling for this again, I lost 50 bucks to X:rebirth, I'm not losing another 50 to this.

Same. Rebirth was a Roberts-grade con.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Thanks man, I have learnded somefink

Daffan
Feb 24, 2013

Fargin Icehole posted:

No, no, NO. NO.

I am not falling for this again, I lost 50 bucks to X:rebirth, I'm not losing another 50 to this.

Same. I saw the trailers and stuff and was like wow it looks good. Played it and yeah... too bad steam refunds didn't exist then.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Combat Theory posted:

What I decided to comment on is much smaller and much more telling about CIGs way of thinking in my opinion. The buggy. Well not exactly buggy but that 6 wheeled Apc they archered from Alien 2.

We all know that cry engine has a class for vehicles with okay-ish functionality. Indeed they used that for the grey cat for example (that buggy thing for the hangar)
But that's not what the APC or any of the levitation vehicles run on.
But you have to understand what this means for a gameplay versus cinematic design side. For gameplay, this is disastrous. It means that the player is unabled to predict what a vehicle is gonna do because we humans don't have a feeling for movement parameters, we have a feeling for repeatable mechanics. At the same time it's a blessing to the cinematics, because you can now go and tell a live simulation of a vehicle "how to look like" instead of going the route of actually finding a mechanical tune to support that visual appeal (which is likely impossible, because what looks good usually doesn't drive good) and now that you read this about the vehicle suspension, you should all take a good look at the ships landing gear too.

Checks out.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm still like seven pages behind and desperately trying to catch up but yeah this is an accurate description of trying to moderate the thread over the last 24 hours lol.

None of us broke the rules.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fargin Icehole posted:

No, no, NO. NO.

As long as I can change ships instead of being restricted to dumb drones or whatever Rebirth was about, I'll buy it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

None of us broke the rules.

Except that one guy

Edit: This guy specifically

Daztek fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable