Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

but how did Sirsee get the wild fir into the very thin ice berg? i don't know about that, i don't know

qyburn (a wizard) did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

That episode was so bad it made me believe all the dumbest spoilers from the next season.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Ginette Reno posted:

How long would it take the zombie army to reach anywhere meaningful anyways? Obviously the show doesn't give a gently caress about that with all the teleporting going on but if you look at the pace those zombies move at I can't picture them marching anywhere with any speed, though they do have the advantage I guess of never having to stop to eat or rest.

The funny part is if the good guys hadn't brought a dragon to them, they may as well have just walked right back where they came from.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So how many episodes we at now with no Ghost

I think ...17? All of last season and all of this one. Maybe more, because the last I can recall seeing Ghost was the episode where Jon gets resurrected, I think.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Where was this posted? I made this stupid image yesterday and posted it to reddit so now I'm mega curious as to how it got 50k views on imgur in a day.

I saw it on Imgur, no idea where else it might be making the rounds.

JBP posted:

The Bronn and Cersei poo poo seems really unprofessional. I've suffered loving horrible exes at work for a lot less money.

I guess they can be divas in their position, but still.

They have been in at least one scene together, for all of 30 seconds, back in S3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo793y10pMs

I think they might've been in a scene or two together during the Blackwater Bay episode, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe the tensions during those few interactions were so bad that the "no more shared sets" provision had to be written in for them.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I was really hoping for some night king/white walkers reveals this season. It seems like they are just going to be nameless villains without any motivation at this point. 6 episodes next season is not enough to establish them as anything other than "kill everything, make snow angels".

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

well they're about twice as fast as humans sprinting so 30 mph, so about 500 miles a day to account for obstacles. so they can be in winter fell in hours and King's landing in days

hmm what kind of obstacles are we talking? Large rock chunks perhaps?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

drunken officeparty posted:

hmm what kind of obstacles are we talking? Large rock chunks perhaps?

no, they'd be permanently stuck on those.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Harton posted:

I was really hoping for some night king/white walkers reveals this season. It seems like they are just going to be nameless villains without any motivation at this point. 6 episodes next season is not enough to establish them as anything other than "kill everything, make snow angels".

If we're lucky we'll get an exposition dump from Bran in one episode for 2 minutes that fills in a tiny bit of backstory for them.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

rope kid posted:

One of my favorite things about Westeros is military fortifications being in places where no one would give a poo poo.

Someone famously gave a poo poo in Kings landing.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

hottubrhymemachine posted:

If we're lucky we'll get an exposition dump from Bran in one episode for 2 minutes that fills in a tiny bit of backstory for them.

The white walkers were created by children. They rebelled. They evolved. There are 3 CGI model.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lool who the gently caress thought the ball kicking thing was good writing.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Bran will have a vision of a human dude loving the Night King's wife on a moonlit night, and then he'll see the NK seething off to one side, swearing vengeance against all mankind.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

if only the First Men had known a ditch full of water could repel the dead as effectively as The Wall

could have saved trillions

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Also, if zombies can't swim how did they fix the chains to the dragon in the lake?

They just dropped em down to the ones already on the bottom from the battle.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so why did arya and sansa fight in private if it was all a set up. these writers are such poo poo.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

so why did arya and sansa fight in private if it was all a set up. these writers are such poo poo.

I believe Sansa got the idea that Littlefinger was up to no good in this episode when he told her to imagine the worst thing somebody can do, and yes.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

I'm looking at my phone every few minutes now waiting for the Preston Jacobs video alert. Come on, phone.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Could LF not just ask to take the black then peace out to essos somewhere along the way? The smartest guy in westeros literally gets undone by an airhead, a 12 yr old and an autist.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

banned from Starbucks posted:

Could LF not just ask to take the black then peace out to essos somewhere along the way? The smartest guy in westeros literally gets undone by an airhead, a 12 yr old and an autist.
The timing would've been pretty bad for that considering the wall just came down. Surely ravens are going out from Eastwatch.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kromlech posted:

The timing would've been pretty bad for that considering the wall just came down. Surely ravens are going out from Eastwatch.

Bran saw the whole thing through his own ravens

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahahahah the reveal of jon's parentage might be the worst executed thing in the history of television.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahahahah the reveal of jon's parentage might be the worst executed thing in the history of television.

What about Littlefinger?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The biggest giveaway that the S8 spoilers are fake is that a dire wolf has significant screentime.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Groovelord Neato posted:

No, ruining boatsex with incest was magnificent. But they should've gone whole hog and shown explicit, hot sex for few minutes to get the viewers really into it THEN drop the incest bomb, like right as Dany climaxes or something

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahaha why the gently caress did rhaegar look just like viserys. he was supposed to be one of the greatest warriors in westeros. hahahah this loving show.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just gonna point out again that Cersei said "elephants" and the unconfirmed leaks say that elephants are gonna step on people. A lot of those spoilers are gonna turn out to be real.

The leaks also reference Cersei's "miscarriage" that was in the season 7 spoilers but never actually happened.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahaha why the gently caress did rhaegar look just like viserys. he was supposed to be one of the greatest warriors in westeros. hahahah this loving show.

Maybe he still is and just looks like a dweeb

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Constant posted:

Bran saw the whole thing through his own ravens

*extremely D&Dishly*

"Idea. What if Bran was warging into the NK and not the Ravens!"

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

I guess you could say that level 20 assassin Arya was wise to LF's tricks and 'lurking in the shadows' BS from the get go, and quickly informed Sansa of this, meaning that the scenes where they were fighting were simply done to mislead him as they knew full well he'd be spying on them. I suppose the convoluted reasoning would be that Sansa knew if she had sent for LF to be brought before her in front of everyone, he would've realized something was up and fled. Whereas if he truly thought that he'd driven a wedge between her and her sister, then he'd stand in the hall with the the rest of them and give her the opportunity she needed.

More likely, though, the whole thing between Sansa and Arya was played completely straight, and Sansa only turned on LF after his dumb little "sometimes I like to play a game" moment.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Groovelord Neato posted:

He probably does crossfit

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

Nah theon's fight edited with awkwardly-placed heroic music was way worse

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nah because that reveal is the biggest single moment in the series. they've had years to plot out how they were gonna get to it.

RBA Starblade posted:

Maybe he still is and just looks like a dweeb

i can see how he lost to robert since he was literally half his size.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Viserys is a rhaegar cosplayer

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Shneak posted:

The biggest giveaway that the S8 spoilers are fake is that a dire wolf has significant screentime.

Maybe the reason they killed one of the dragons was so they could use the extra CGI budget to bring Ghost ba-ahahahaha

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk in Space posted:

I guess you could say that level 20 assassin Arya was wise to LF's tricks and 'lurking in the shadows' BS from the get go, and quickly informed Sansa of this, meaning that the scenes where they were fighting were simply done to mislead him as they knew full well he'd be spying on them. I suppose the convoluted reasoning would be that Sansa knew if she had sent for LF to be brought before her in front of everyone, he would've realized something was up and fled. Whereas if he truly thought that he'd driven a wedge between her and her sister, then he'd stand in the hall with the the rest of them and give her the opportunity she needed.

More likely, though, the whole thing between Sansa and Arya was played completely straight, and Sansa only turned on LF after his dumb little "sometimes I like to play a game" moment.

I'd to think Sansa bought his bullshit and was planning on trying to kill Arya and Bran got a future-vision of this and went "OK, enough with the bullshit! It was Littlefinger, here's how he did it. I have to go back to psychic bird watching now, stop trying to kill each other you loving morons."

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Yo, is there a Theon version of this gif yet?

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 28, 2017

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

poo poo if my aunt looked like Emilia Clarke I'd have to gently caress her at least once.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Groovelord Neato posted:

lool who the gently caress thought the ball kicking thing was good writing.

Dave Hill

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

banned from Starbucks posted:

He got brain damage all season when he hung around doing absolutely nothing for no reason and was killed in, according to the cliff notes version of the scene (which was much better) "MAYBE" was killed. They had no idea what to do with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah what the gently caress

• Locked thread