Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Actually we're all watching in the hope that a giant/dragon/boat stomps on some more people/tits/our own balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I wish the whole cast of Game of Thrones stepped on my balls, on all our balls

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

foreverially

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
maybe its because I read redwall books as a kid, but I don't find grrms food descriptions even a little excessive.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
CS Lewis meal descriptions were the best

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

suck my god drat DICK. you fucken thread

proof of concept posted:

I hope a giant steps on some more people.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Why do Jon Snow's picnics always get interrupted?

loving Ants!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This thread is about how bad the show is in advance.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Supreme Allah posted:

CS Lewis meal descriptions were the best

"there's nothing to beat good freshwater fish if you eat it when it has been alive half an hour ago and come out of the pan half a minute ago"

Always remembered that line.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
if a giant stepped on me technically he also step my balls

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Cersei uses the money to buy a crate of all the unsullied's balls and proceeds to step on them when kings landing is sieged.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

bitmap posted:

so the whole red god who appears to be the only real god wants some king to get sacrificed why and everyone ignores it nothing gets explained and cool, the end

This is one of the legit reasons why Martin will never finish this poo poo. Instead of providing just anymore info at all about R'Hllor over Feast and Dance he keeps relegating him to some kind of purgatory between literal deus ex machina and nebulous trickster God. He's really past the point where it can be explained easily. Idk where it goes from here.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

COMRADES posted:

I know this one is kinda dumb but it bugs me that the've switched actors out a few times. In one of the recent episodes Berric Dondarion tells Jon he knew his dad and that he had sent him out to arrest the Mountain. Right. But when you look at that scene in Season 1 it's a completely different guy and it bothers me.

HBO fires actors when they complain or demand slightly more money per episode.

Also all the money they spent on CGI battles and dragon scenes would have been better spent on more tits. I have more fond memories of the parody play with Fake Sansa than anything that happend in this cheesy set piece season.

etalian fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 31, 2017

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

etalian posted:

Also all the money they spent on CGI battles and dragon scenes would have been better spent on more tits. I have more found memories of the parody play with Fake Sansa than anything that happend in this cheesy set piece season.

I can't remember a single battle from all of GOT but I remember Lena Headey getting banged by her bro in the first ep

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lil Peeler posted:

I can't remember a single battle from all of GOT but I remember Lena Headey getting banged by her bro in the first ep

You don't have a heart if you didn't lol at his season 1 troll antics like mocking Jon Snu willingly joining a dumb suicidal organization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FbdNu2dvuw

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

etalian posted:

Also all the money they spent on CGI battles and dragon scenes would have been better spent on more tits. I have more fond memories of the parody play with Fake Sansa than anything that happend in this cheesy set piece season.

Counterpoint: The attack on the loot train owned.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I hope Tormund smashes some more people

https://youtu.be/B2S6xgOV0ls

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

el B posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf6Hrg5wDNU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Waltzing Along posted:

The bad writing was not showing the scene between Sansas meeting w/ LIttledick and his execution. The scene where Sansa goes to Bran and asks his advice and Bran is like, Little is a prick and this is what he has done blah blah blah. It is implied but not shown. It was probably filmed but they felt it was more important wasting 30 minutes at the dragon pit rather than having a sensible narrative.

Oh wait, but then it wouldn't be a surprise when the twist comes and it's not Arya on trial. Fine, don't show the Bran scene, at least mention off hand that they talked or anything really. Most of the people who watch this show are dumb as bricks and probably read the books and unless things are spelled out for them with terrible book writing can't figure things out.

You were right!

http://www.avclub.com/a-scene-explaining-one-of-game-of-thrones-most-baffling-1798632257

quote:

Which brings us to Arya and Sansa Stark. Although the recently reunited siblings’ feud ended up being part of a secret scheme to bring about Littlefinger’s final reckoning, that scheme was kept secret from the audience as well. So were the showrunners just being sloppy by having Arya and Sansa fake-threaten each other alone in a locked room in a world where there is no electricity, let alone hidden cameras? Was Littlefinger listening at the door with a dragonglass goblet to his ear? And what the hell was Bran doing at the inquest? As Variety explains, Arya’s animosity towards her sister was real, and its sudden reversal was supposed to be explained away in a scene that was cut from the season-seven finale:

“We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, ‘I need your help,’ or something along those lines,” Isaac Hampstead-Wright, who plays Bran on the show, says. “So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, ‘Oh, poo poo.’”

So, basically, Arya really did intend to kill Sansa, but changed her mind when Sansa offered up Littlefinger’s throat for the slitting instead. And Bran knew, because he knows everything, but wasn’t going to say anything until Sansa asked. And the show meant to explain all of this, but cut it in favor of Jon Snow’s butt. Silver linings, we guess.

10 internet points to you.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Fartbox posted:

I wish the whole cast of Game of Thrones stepped on my balls, on all our balls

When you think about it isn't this what the show has been doing for the past 7 years?

Ocean Book posted:

maybe its because I read redwall books as a kid, but I don't find grrms food descriptions even a little excessive.

I read through all of WoT before I ever even heard of gurm's dragon titty books. I'm pretty much immune to excessive descriptions.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

el B posted:

lol lord of bones was a bitch in the books too, I nevr saw this scene but that's exactly how he should'v died

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

el B posted:

It owns how everyone rags on Brienne as being unattractive but he sees her a sexy destructive trophy wife.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Tormund's crush on Brienne is one of the best original things the show has come up with and it's a shame they won't do anything with it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i just watched Fate of the Furious on a flight and man its really weird seeing that dude in semi-normal modern clothes

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

etalian posted:

It owns how everyone rags on Brienne as being unattractive but he sees her a sexy destructive trophy wife.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The whole Arya wants to kill her sister thing is impressively bad knowing there wasn't some secret wink-wink-nudge-nudge-saynomore going on between her and Sansa.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Girl if you looked any more like Emilia Clarke I would be dragon my balls across your face.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Girl if you looked any more like Emilia Clarke I would be dragon my balls across your face.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

I thought I wanted to see her with Jamie but then I matured as a person.

GIANT REDHEAD BABIES TO RULE THEM ALL :swoon:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Girl, you're so hot you must be my sister.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Arcsquad12 posted:

The whole Arya wants to kill her sister thing is impressively bad knowing there wasn't some secret wink-wink-nudge-nudge-saynomore going on between her and Sansa.

I feel like arya getting duped makes sense, beyond her separation from sansa she's also p new to the whole super assassin thing and LF missleading her by intentionally leaving stuff around that implicates sansa is in flavor of both her and him. Sansa getting duped doesn't really as she's been burned by LF so many times, but if the plot was that she went "wait a minute, this doesn't entirely add up" and talked to Bran then that's actually p solid writing for how she learned of his plot and turned it back on him; she was distrustful because she knew he was a snake and consulted her brother for help. Together as a family they played off their own developments/strengths and trapped him.

It just falls flat when there's not a scene showing that's how they turned the tables.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Girl, I want to show you my moon door.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
So can the white walkers raise any dead person or do wights have to have been killed by other wights?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

That changes a lot man, especially for Sansas character since she was willing to murder Arya

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Coohoolin posted:

So can the white walkers raise any dead person or do wights have to have been killed by other wights?

The dragon drowned and became hypothermic, yet it was raised.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

this season actually makes perfect sense, but they cut all the scenes that made it make sense to get it down to 7 episodes

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
They cut the titties too :argh:

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

best scene in the series is Tormond smiling at Brienne

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bacontotem posted:

best scene in the series is Tormond smiling at Brienne

When they are eating at the table, wiggled his eyebrows, then tongue? The way she looks at him

I agree the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

etalian posted:

Excuse me, not everyone is here for the tits.
I'm hoping we'll see a decent dong at some point!