Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

call to action posted:

the fact that verrit exists should be all the proof anyone needs to abandon the DNC before their epic shellacking in 2018

Things around here are going to get twice as ugly then too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

that sounds about as real and relevant to the totals as the Bernie-Trump crossover vote.

Every single take I heard on why people were voting Hillary in the primary boild down to one of the following

1) I actually like Bernie but the concept of actually electing a politician I like confuses and bewilders me :ohdear:
2) I'm very excited at the prospect of a woman with the right letter next to her name becoming President, to the extent that other concerns are secondary at best, and I am highly suspicious of anyone whose priorities differ
3) My extreme hero-worship of the Democratic Party has led me to conclude that stature within the Party is an equivalent concept to fitness as a politician and human being

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
why doesn't she just shut the gently caress up and take her L, she's not convincing anyone that it was literally everyone else's fault but hers why she lost

i've read excerpts from her book and i cannot find a single passage where she actually takes blame for something without equivocating, which is insane

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

jfc

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Willa Rogers posted:

i don't know how I got my gang tag or what it means but I'm ok with a murder spree as long as wj is the first up against the wall.

I feel like I have agreed with this going back to like wddp so hell yeah let's do it

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

Voting now to be conducted by ranked choice, except the ranks are "how enthusiastic are you to cast this vote"
Buddy that's better suited for Approval voting, not Ranked Choice.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jesus this forum is going to be hella toxic come 2019

thank god we won't live long enough to see it

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

we should all turn on each other now so we don't miss out

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

zegermans posted:

I'll never grow tired of the amazing grand conspiracy that outsmarted millions that was broken wide open by the crack PIs of the most hated thread in C-SPAM

Zegermans, I've got bad news for you, but Hillary lost.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
you damned idiot poops

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

“The variety of candidates is a positive here, and many of the lesser known can serve as a cudgel to move the more established candidates further to the right. In this scenario, we don’t want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more ‘Pied Piper’ candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party,” read the memo.

“Pied Piper candidates include, but aren’t limited to:

• Ted Cruz
• Donald Trump
• Ben Carson

We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to [take] them seriously."

yes I'm aware of the russian intelligence emails. My point is given how the media reacted to her what makes you think she could have been effective in this

also like Trump was ever gonna lose the GOP primary running on a line of pure racism

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

lmao youll still be modding this place when it happens why the gently caress would anything good happen to you

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

Every single take I heard on why people were voting Hillary in the primary boild down to one of the following

1) I actually like Bernie but the concept of actually electing a politician I like confuses and bewilders me :ohdear:
2) I'm very excited at the prospect of a woman with the right letter next to her name becoming President, to the extent that other concerns are secondary at best, and I am highly suspicious of anyone whose priorities differ
3) My extreme hero-worship of the Democratic Party has led me to conclude that stature within the Party is an equivalent concept to fitness as a politician and human being

maybe you should talk to people outside of this forum.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

loquacius posted:

most of the primary hillary voters i know were in it for the lower taxes but also had super legitimate reasons not to vote republican ever

they would probably be republicans if not for social issues, basically.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

freckle posted:

you damned idiot poops

thats me

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i live near numerous nuclear targets so I'm gone as soon as the missiles are in the air

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

most of the hillary voters i knew irl voted for hillary because theh didn't know who anyone else was

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

i live near numerous nuclear targets so I'm gone as soon as the missiles are in the air

how's minot north dakota these days

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

I have and it usually went one of these:

1. "I couldn't possibly bring myself to vote for that woman, so I voted Trump. I'm sorry"
2. "I refuse to vote for Hillary, so I voted third party"
3. "Hahaha look at the candidates I didn't vote, gently caress this country"
4. "I grit my teeth and voted for Hillary regardless and look what that got us"
5. "I can't believe this is happening!! Everyone I know voted for Hillary!!!"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

yes I'm aware of the russian intelligence emails. My point is given how the media reacted to her what makes you think she could have been effective in this

also like Trump was ever gonna lose the GOP primary running on a line of pure racism

The media gave her mixed coverage, depends on what media company we are talking about.

It wasn't all negative. But lmao Hillary's team agreed to elevate trump and now we are all paying the price

Thx guys

(Btw they are all profiting wildly off the stock market, so they win even if the rest of us lost)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"broad-based prosperity and a balanced budget under Clinton"

THAT'S ALL SHE CAN COME UP WITH EIGHT YEARS FOR HER HUSBAND?!?!

THIRD WAYISM IS CANCER

I hope Hillary Clinton gets loving throat cancer

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
This is why there needs to be less twitter and more open source social networks that can mimic everything twitter does, without their central garbage moderation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OStatus

Dems make their own twitter
DSA make their own twitter

Everyone make their own twitter, without limits of 140chars

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

zegermans posted:

maybe you should stop talking to people inside this forum

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ThndrShk2k posted:

This is why there needs to be less twitter and more open source social networks that can mimic everything twitter does, without their central garbage moderation

so

Gab?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

sUCK ZONe

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Shear Modulus posted:

how's minot north dakota these days

it's lovely it looks suspiciously like new jersey but it's home

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ThndrShk2k posted:

Posters of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your character limits!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There is getting to be a near zero chance I will vote den in 2018 or 2020.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is there anywhere in america that isnt near nuclear targets besides the middle of nowhere montana

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Shear Modulus posted:

is there anywhere in america that isnt near nuclear targets besides the middle of nowhere montana

Montana is probably littered with silos and therefore targets

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

steinrokkan posted:

lol @ the idea that people weren't pushed during the primaries to vote for Hillary. and that hillary wasn't the only candidate receiving attention for a majority of the primary process

it's even a loving CSPAM meme that she was hailed as the un-defeatable pragmatic statesman by every self-styled political analyst chode (while Bernie was a loon who should vacate the stage not to damage her). gently caress, tons of people were literally arguing that primary debates should be banned because they exposed hillary to attacks

but im absolutely sure that you would just accept say Lincoln Chaffee as the winner of the primaries without trying to convince people against voting for him

Thomas Frank had a really good article about how this dynamic played out in the media:

https://harpers.org/archive/2016/11/swat-team-2/?single=1

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

My point is given how the media reacted to her what makes you think she could have been effective in this
:ssh: You don't have to be in direct control to manipulate. Machinations don't have to be outright beneficial in appearance to be beneficial in reducing the exposure of another candidate. Gotta work with what you got and it's means testing the media, which loves means testing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I had at least one real IRL person in mind for each of those, but I confess that most under-35 Hill voters were 2)s and most over-35s were 3)s

not a lot of people wanted to admit to 1)

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gab_(social_network)

Not FLOSS enough and it's isolated/centralized
Go Free/Libre open source with self hosting capabilities and federated networking or go home.

Twitter is proprietary/closed and that's part of the problem.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
any twitter / other alternative version of big sites will turn out like all the others

dead and also full of pizzagaters

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shear Modulus posted:

Most of iowa is just fallout drift area. My area is supposed to be outside of that too.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Most of iowa is just fallout drift area. My area is supposed to be outside of that too.

most of the heavy farming areas are fallout zones.

because ive seen nuke maps that shows massive amounts of nukes getting dropped in wyoming and the dakotas just to make a giant death cloud that irradiates all crops lmao

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm happy hillary is back and running 2020.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

weird this isn't playing anymore i have to open it in another tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh Snapple! posted:

Shut up zegermans