Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

XyrlocShammypants posted:

What happened to people power to fund elections man, gotta get those birdies out there collecting money right. Why even rely on the dnc?

All that people power and only 2.6 million came from external sources to the DNC, sad

So now you're criticizing the thing you just told me you're for? Are you just hosed in the head or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

white sauce posted:

Taking your sick dog to the vet to get healed isn't "hostile"

Removing all the lanyards, yes-men, and political consultants from the DNC pig trough and launching them into the ocean will be equally therapeutic.

You keep saying that but I don't see any signs of a revolution :shrug:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i think it also has to do with people genuinely not liking hillary clinton and her inability to make herself sound appealing to anyone who isn't a lanyard wearing dipshit

Ah yes, I heard she did that thing with the Benghazi.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Ze Pollack posted:

do you even know what you're arguing for anymore beyond being mad people to your left exist

Answer the question. Why didn't a Bernie like structure raise money for these special elections if they thought they could be converted? Where was the progressive tide in replacing the likes of Price? Or the failing was only the DNC?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Democrazy posted:

Regardless of whatever problem you might have with Hillary Clinton, talking about how smug she was in comparison to Donald Trump is still a sexist sentiment that should be spread in progressive spaces.

Are we going to start calling her bossy too?

Good thing we've got a gender swap study that shows that no, people hate Hillary Clinton's attitude even when she's a man.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Kokoro Wish posted:

Good thing we've got a gender swap study that shows that no, people hate Hillary Clinton's attitude even when she's a man.

He still managed to become president though.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Post moved down by accident

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 5, 2017

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Avirosb posted:

You keep saying that but I don't see any signs of a revolution :shrug:

Then you're not paying close attention

Vladimir Lenin is polling at higher numbers than any republican with people younger than 40, iirc

Change will come slowly, my centrist conservative friend

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Avirosb posted:

He still managed to become president though.

And everyone who isn't enormously wealthy is worse off than before, especially if you have a lot of melanin in your skin, woopsie daisy!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Answer the question. Why didn't a Bernie like structure raise money for these special elections if they thought they could be converted? Where was the progressive tide in replacing the likes of Price? Or the failing was only the DNC?

they did. for example, in montana, Quist managed to come up with a couple million on the backs of progressives.

for some reason, though the DNC decided that they'd prefer to dump five million on Ossoff, rather than spread the wealth. does that concern you, strategically

particularly given their stated rationale: "we're worried Ossoff losing will be spun as a rejection of centrism."

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

white sauce posted:

Then you're not paying close attention

Vladimir Lenin is polling at higher numbers than any republican with people younger than 40, iirc

Change will come slowly, my centrist conservative friend

I've never voted before and if I did so during an American election it would be illegal.
I'm not that into politics, I'm merely fascinated about broken things.

Whenever change might come, it had better come while we still have a planet.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Ze Pollack posted:

they did. for example, in montana, Quist managed to come up with a couple million on the backs of progressives.

for some reason, though the DNC decided that they'd prefer to dump five million on Ossoff, rather than spread the wealth. does that concern you, strategically

particularly given their stated rationale: "we're worried Ossoff losing will be spun as a rejection of centrism."

Yes, that would be the DNC the progressives are trying and failing to take over, citing a lack of monetary funding.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Yes because as I said, it will be slow and will be most successful in places like NY or New Mexico/Arizona urban areas where republicans are more vulnerable and progressive candidates have a chance. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with there not being a progressive challenger in GA06 this year with a fat pot of money to support them because it would have failed.

if dems are gonna take dirty money they might as well spend it wisely instead of throwing it away on people who've hobnobbed with them in d.c. before, but have no political skills at all

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Avirosb posted:

Yes, that would be the DNC the progressives are trying and failing to take over, citing a lack of monetary funding.

the group ostensibly tasked with winning more seats for democrats, refusing to back democrats, on the grounds that they're worried they won't be ideologically pure.

fascinating stuff, eh, friends?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Avirosb posted:

I've never voted before and if I did so during an American election it would be illegal.
I'm not that into politics, I'm merely fascinated about broken things.

Whenever change might come, it had better come while we still have a planet.

If you're fascinated with broken things why don't you start with your own brain

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Avirosb posted:

I'm not that into politics

Wow what a shock.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

I answered two posts at once and it didn't make sense

In the end Quist was massively outspent by the major political PACs and lobby groups on the right. The support of progressives was tepid at best because the candidate had to go full guns among other things in that region of the country

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 5, 2017

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jizz Festival posted:

Wow what a shock.

I'm not alone. 445 pages in and no one has managed to solve the conundrum that is the Democratic party.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

I answered two posts at once and it didn't make sense

You wrote something incredibly stupid and wrong to argue against small-donor funding of candidates, something you're supposedly for. Just go the gently caress away.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

white sauce posted:

Lmao

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

white sauce posted:

Nah, too close for comfort.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Jizz Festival posted:

You wrote something incredibly stupid and wrong to argue against small-donor funding of candidates, something you're supposedly for. Just go the gently caress away.

I did, and I will admit the error (although my point was those donations were ineffective in Missouri, not that they shouldn't be the strategy going forward), but I won't be run out like everyone else who may disagree in this thread. Not like the time I dared to disagree about global conspiracies in the Bernie thread and got probated for being "unchill"

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 5, 2017

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

I did, and I will admit the error, but I won't be run out like everyone else who may disagree in this thread. Not like the time I dared to disagree about global conspiracies in the Bernie thread and got probated for being "unchill"

If you're going to stay, at least be honest. If you actually supported the democrats going left like you claim, you wouldn't be making up poo poo to prove that it won't work.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Avirosb posted:

I'm not alone. 445 pages in and no one has managed to solve the conundrum that is the Democratic party.

We actually do have a pretty good solution. It's the Sanders/Warren/Ellison wing of the party's solution. The problem, of course, is that centrist pearl-clutchers won't hand over the reins of power over the party's direction, because they're too egotistical to acknowledge how bad they are at winning elections.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Jizz Festival posted:

If you're going to stay, at least be honest. If you actually supported the democrats going left like you claim, you wouldn't be making up poo poo to prove that it won't work.

I didn't make anything up in that post. All things considered Missouri was unwinnable and despite the opponent literally attacking a reporter, it was lost. Progressive micro funding to make inroads into congress will happen but not in Missouri and not in Georgia specials. Again, there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean absolute failure. The dnc couldn't help there and the progressive tide wasn't going to do it either

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

I didn't make anything up in that post. All things considered Missouri was unwinnable and despite the opponent literally attacking a reporter, it was lost. Progressive micro funding to make inroads into congress will happen but not in Missouri and not in Georgia specials. Again, there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean absolute failure. The dnc couldn't help there and the progressive tide wasn't going to do it either

:rolleyes: Unfortunately nobody can see the post to see what bullshit this is.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Avirosb posted:

Ah yes, I heard she did that thing with the Benghazi.

Pretty sure that isn't what I said

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Jizz Festival posted:

The context was a conversation where you were asking "where were the small donations from the people during these elections?" They were there, the infrastructure of the democrat party wasn't. You tried to claim the reverse in that post and now you're walking it back because it reveals what you actually think about everything that is going on. Just go away if you can't even be honest.

So let's get back on track. Mainly small donations went to an election that was expected to be a loss and ended up a loss. Meanwhile in Georgia the dnc spent a bunch on an election that was supposed to be a loss ended up a loss. Are we seeing a pattern?

I don't have any problems with the outcomes in general because so many congressional seats fall within 7% margin of victory from the previous elections and can be won. Others seem to look at these events as massive failures.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 5, 2017

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
missouri.

yes.

xyrloc you might want to take a break here.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

I'll tell them, I mixed up in a spreadsheet of funding the names of DNC and GOP congressional campaign groups. Am I supposed to be embarrassed that I am human and made a mistake? The idea that most funding came from the dnc was wrong due to the error but that the spending for his opponent was vastly superior and reached a broadly conservative audience better was not.

The context was a conversation where you were asking "where were the small donations from the people during these elections?" They were there in montana, the infrastructure of the democrat party wasn't. You tried to claim the reverse in that post and now you're walking it back because it reveals what you actually think about everything that is going on. Just go away if you can't even be honest.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Montana. The state was Montana. Please get it right.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Lol somehow I didn't even notice that until now.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Advocate for violent revolution, stay and chat. Mix up two numbers, gotta go! :p

you are repeatedly getting the most basic facts possible under discussion wrong, friend. maybe take a breather, come back when you've learned the first thing about the subjects of conversation?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Ze Pollack posted:

you are repeatedly getting the most basic facts possible under discussion wrong, friend. maybe take a breather, come back when you've learned the first thing about the subjects of conversation?

I'll continue posting thanks.

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Montana. The state was Montana. Please get it right.

Yep that one. Gods country. City of brotherly love.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 5, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

montsouri was unwinnable. you idiots

prove me wrong :smug:

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Stop editing your posts a hundred times. Jesus.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

"I'll continue posting thanks" is what jeffersonclay used to say :( RIP

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the one that earlier you insisted did not exist, yes

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Jizz Festival posted:

I'm on mobile. You should appreciate the effort with the bad connection and all.

Ze Pollack posted:

the one that earlier you insisted did not exist, yes

Well the progressive effort failed so can we address that or do we want to create distractions? It clearly doesn't mean progressive fundraising and campaigning won't work just because that campaign failed? So how is that the message from Georgia for the DNC? Some elections are just not winnable in a given context but you lick your chops and move on

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Jizz Festival posted:

Why do you re-read old posts tho?

• Locked thread