Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
"Pats RBs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
~*~belichicanery~*~

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

RCarr posted:

I know I'm going to regret dropping Burkhead. I already do in fact.

After that discussion about dropping Burkhead for Blount the other day I ended up keeping Burkhead. But Blount is still out there, waiting...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Jota posted:

Need to drop one player to pick up a kicker in a 2 RB 3 WR no flex 0.5 PPR league

McFadden
Maclin
Robby Anderson
Luck
Doug Martin

Probably just gonna drop McFadden. Only reason I haven't is because he's basically my only backup RB until Week 5 when Martin is back and even with only 5 man benches there isn't a lot of other options out there and I'm deep at WR with Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Alshon jeffrey, Stefon Diggs

If you're deep at WR and don't have a backup RB then I think the easy drop is Anderson, not McFadden.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zypher posted:

Can't wait for all of us to reminisce in five weeks time and laugh about how many times Burkhead's name came up in this thread

If we're collectively as good as the very best fantasy football analysts, a mere 40% to 60% of everything this thread was sure about up till now will prove to have been dead wrong.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Imagine this level of hype for Branden Bolden. Did you know he had over 100 carries in his first two years with NE, at a 4.9 ypc, and 5 touchdowns? He showed proficiency in the passing game, recording 21 catches in just 12 games in 2013. Did you know Burkhead has just 87 career carries, a sub 4.3 career ypc, and has never caught more than 17 passes in a season? That he has 4 career touchdowns, or just half of Bolden's total?

Rex Burkhead, a bit of a downgrade from Brandon Bolden.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Our league has punters this year, and I'm very excited. Special teams are best teams

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Is Marquette King a good fantasy punter? Serious question.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That boy in GB with the hang time punts might be good.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Zypher posted:

Is Marquette King a good fantasy punter? Serious question.

With our points system, he's probably the second best in the league. Johnny Hekker is the best by a pretty good margin though, and I happen to have him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

With our points system, he's probably the second best in the league. Johnny Hekker is the best by a pretty good margin though, and I happen to have him.

can you please post the scoring for punters? I'm very curious

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jota posted:

Need to drop one player to pick up a kicker in a 2 RB 3 WR no flex 0.5 PPR league

McFadden
Maclin
Robby Anderson
Luck
Doug Martin

Probably just gonna drop McFadden. Only reason I haven't is because he's basically my only backup RB until Week 5 when Martin is back and even with only 5 man benches there isn't a lot of other options out there and I'm deep at WR with Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Alshon jeffrey, Stefon Diggs

Don't drop McFadden. Someone is going to grab him and use him against you when Zeke finally gets suspended. Drop Anderson.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

can you please post the scoring for punters? I'm very curious

Punts Inside the 20 (PT20) - 1
Punt Average 44.0+ (PTA44) - 3
Punt Average 42.0-43.9 (PTA42) - 2
Punt Average 40.0-41.9 (PTA40) - 1

I think every league with punters has their own way of scoring though. You'll very rarely get more than 8 points in a game, but we all love weird stuff like that, so it's pretty fun.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
@SportsCenter: In case you need a little help setting your fantasy lineup, our analysts think these guys will go off in Week 1. https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/905868397833064448/photo/1

FYI

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Santheb posted:

In my PPR league, the commish set the timer to 30 seconds and ended up auto picking Kelce and Reed back to back. His RBs are DJ, Abdullah, and Lacy. Thats it.

I've got Zeke, Crowell, K. Hunt, Mixon, Kamara, and J. Conner. My TE however is Witten, no backup because this dude has +20 durability and will never miss a game.

Should I throw any of those guys out there to try and get Reed or Kelce? Or just roll with old man Witten in 1 PPR and try and work the waiver wire later?

Quoting this because I talked to the guy at work today. He didnt want to do Hunt for either TE straight up. He said he was worried about Mixon because of the "third string on the depth chart" thing. He said for both Hunt and Mixon he'd do either TE, but thats being a little greedy on his part I think.

Could we work out a deal? My WRs are sorta weak, I dont have much to offer him there. Evans, Watkins, Cobb and DJax are my only WRs, it might be better for me to keep an eye out for a WR I could trade for instead of a TE.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

headcase posted:

What do y'all think about Jordan Matthews? His ADP seems way too low to me. What is the big fear with a QB upgrade, offensive scheme upgrade, and a talented rookie running the other side?

I went with stashing Corey Davis, but I fear he is going to be like every other Titan rookie receiver ever.

He's complete garbage OP. Complete. Garbage.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I, for one, am excited at the prospect of Burkhead exploding and letting me trade him away for a ransom.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

Punts Inside the 20 (PT20) - 1
Punt Average 44.0+ (PTA44) - 3
Punt Average 42.0-43.9 (PTA42) - 2
Punt Average 40.0-41.9 (PTA40) - 1

I think every league with punters has their own way of scoring though. You'll very rarely get more than 8 points in a game, but we all love weird stuff like that, so it's pretty fun.

Thanks! I love weird stuff like this and would love to include punters and coaches in my leagues scoring. Is the yardage just the yards the ball travels or does it take return yards into the calc?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Leperflesh posted:

If we're collectively as good as the very best fantasy football analysts, a mere 40% to 60% of everything this thread was sure about up till now will prove to have been dead wrong.

Truth. It's just so easy to generate a convincing narrative about how the future might unfold despite (because of?) such limited evidence to work from.

About this time last year I was busy reading novels out of RawlsSmilesAtAPressConference dot jpeg.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

Lol if your percentage of wrong takes isn't north of 95%

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

coronaball posted:

@SportsCenter: In case you need a little help setting your fantasy lineup, our analysts think these guys will go off in Week 1. https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/905868397833064448/photo/1

FYI

thanks u for hot taek

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

pubic works project posted:

Don't drop McFadden. Someone is going to grab him and use him against you when Zeke finally gets suspended. Drop Anderson.

Gobias Ind. posted:

If you're deep at WR and don't have a backup RB then I think the easy drop is Anderson, not McFadden.

Yeah, you're both right. Thanks!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you own Le'Veon Bell, here's a thought. Consider starting him week 1. We hear at Wet Fart Fantasy News think he may be in line for some decent numbers.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks! I love weird stuff like this and would love to include punters and coaches in my leagues scoring. Is the yardage just the yards the ball travels or does it take return yards into the calc?

I believe it's just how far the ball travels. I've thought about suggesting coaches, just because it sounds fun, but I don't know if the rest of the league would go for it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

If you own Le'Veon Bell, here's a thought. Consider starting him week 1. We hear at Wet Fart Fantasy News think he may be in line for some decent numbers.

wow now that's a hot take!

Spoeank posted:

Lol if your percentage of wrong takes isn't north of 95%

In all seriousness the only reason the famous fantasy predictors get as high as like 50% is because we're including all the hot takes like "start Bell."

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

I hear this from some people I respect but I'd like a more solid track record before I consider Le'Veon Bell a 'must start'

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
I just received a pretty interesting trade offer I'm leaning heavily towards doing, just wondering if anyone wants to give me some thoughts or feedback please?

I give up:

Carson Palmer
Lamar Miller
Tevin Coleman

FOR

Matt Stafford
LeSean McCoy
Taylor Gabriel

These are our two teams below; I feel like it's a pretty decent trade for me picking up Stafford and Shady at the expense of Palmer (which is my backup QB to Prescott for match up play) and an upgrade for Miller to Shady.

The only part I'm a bit concerned with is getting rid of Coleman for Gabriel, but I was hoping to pickup some help with my WR corps since losing Cameron Meridith in the preseason (no longer pictured on my roster)

This is a good deal for me yes? (my team on the left)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

IKillForPie posted:

I just received a pretty interesting trade offer I'm leaning heavily towards doing, just wondering if anyone wants to give me some thoughts or feedback please?

I give up:

Carson Palmer
Lamar Miller
Tevin Coleman

FOR

Matt Stafford
LeSean McCoy
Taylor Gabriel

These are our two teams below; I feel like it's a pretty decent trade for me picking up Stafford and Shady at the expense of Palmer (which is my backup QB to Prescott for match up play) and an upgrade for Miller to Shady.

The only part I'm a bit concerned with is getting rid of Coleman for Gabriel, but I was hoping to pickup some help with my WR corps since losing Cameron Meridith in the preseason (no longer pictured on my roster)

This is a good deal for me yes? (my team on the left)

I'd trade those 3 for McCoy alone probably.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Upgrading a starter to a better starter is always worth trading away several bench players.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So there's a guy in one of my 14 team leagues that is starting Torrey Smith, Rishard Matthews, and Mohamed Sanu. So he's pretty desperate for WRs. The only valuable players on his team are Cam, LVB, Beast Mode, and Gronk. I really don't think I can pry anyone other than Beast Mode off of him.

My RB/WR roster: DJ, Montgomery, Hunt, Blount, Riddick, Duke, Alshon, Tyreek, Crowder, Parker, Moncrief.

I was thinking of offering him Blount, Riddick, and Crowder for Beast Mode (and some junk to even out the trade). Too much? Not enough?

I could also try to pry LVB off of him by doing Montgomery, Riddick, and Tyreek but I don't think he'd bite at first and I don't want to scare him off.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Lol if you didn't take Burkhead+Woodhead so your team name could be Gimme Head.

BRB changing team name.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

coronaball posted:

FYI

Is there one of these for WRs? I need to know whether Antonio Brown is a good play

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Gillislee, Burkhead, White and Lewis active https://t.co/NTByuabhwK

Lmao

Oh and Philip Dorsett is active sweet a nice hosed up wr situation too why not

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I mean, I probably should drop Kenny Britt for James White.

I mean, what air yards does Rotoviz even know

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

the_american_dream posted:

Lmao

As someone with no horse in this race, GO DION!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

on the bored wop posted:

Is there one of these for WRs? I need to know whether Antonio Brown is a good play

I dunno man, matchup isnt ideal. They might dogpile the Browns so bad that he sits by the second half. Whats your bench looking like?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

Lmao

Well, yeah! Rex is a special teams stud, Lewis an explosive kick returner, Dorsett could potentially be on punts and Malcolm Mitchell went to IR so they need another field stretcher, White is an awesome pass-catching back and Gilly is a monster between the tackles. Do your job everybody!

Who am I kidding nobody knows the mind of BB

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Super happy I have a league with Rodgers, Ajayi and Gillislee and I have to roll with Gillislee tonight.

:stonk:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im starting to believe these odb in danger of playing reports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

Well, guys that'd go at the end automatically for $1 may wind up going for 2 or 3 and that'd make each of those dudes take several times longer to draft.

Oh I get it. I always forget that happens in online auctions. When people ask questions I automatically picture irl auctions, and I need to stop doing that.

• Locked thread