Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gluten Freeman posted:

and that's where the party toilet comes in

but what made it illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like they weren't even really bullying him and it was just some honest good fun ribbing. Like that he had social development issues that made him take it so hard I think his sis coulda handled it better but I don't think there was really any malicious intent there.

this is the response every observer has to deliberate, targeted bullying

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
The biggest mistake that woman made is that she didn't put ranch dressing in it. No casserole is complete without ranch.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Admiral Ray posted:

The biggest mistake that woman made is that she didn't put ranch dressing in it. No casserole is complete without ranch.

Cream of mushroom soup.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pick posted:

but what made it illegal

It wasn't illegal until people started making GBS threads raw fish lasagne into it. At that point it was immediately a crime.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

maskenfreiheit posted:

I [18M] said something stupid to my sister [20F] cause I didn't even know what it meant. She showed our friends, and now they all won't stop making fun of me for it every time we hang out. Its really getting on my nerves.

I'm eagerly waiting for the update where OP spends a thousand words telling us about the time his sister did the thing where she looked like she was putting her hair in a ponytail but wasn't.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

quote:

Me (25f) and my best friend (35m) have been planning for a CosPlay Con and have spent thousands of dollars in prep. The Con is this weekend and my fiance (26m) of 3 years has said I can't go at the last minute. What should I do? I'm supposed to be on a plane tomorrow.Relationships

submitted 13 hours ago * by FFcosplay

I literally never thought I would be in this position with my fiance, he's never showed the slightest hint of jealousy over anyone, especially my best friend "Mike." I have known Mike since I was 15 and we really connected over our love of RPG, fantasy and CosPlay type things. My fiance has known Mike was in the picture since well before I met him. I love Mike to death but there isn't a shred of romantic attraction to him and there never has been been.

We have known about this upcoming Con for a long time and Mike and I decided to go all out. Our plan was to go as Princess Sarah and Dark Knight Leon from Final Fantasy. We have spent countless hours on our costumes. We really wanted to blow this Con out of the water so we have spent thousands of dollars on these Costumes and although they are one character, they are both modular and can be used for the entire weekend. I have looked forward to this like you wouldn't believe.

I think it was in March when I told my fiance that Mike and I were planning on going, and I asked him to come with us. I wasn't aware of this but fiance's college football team has a huge game this weekend and he really wanted to be there so we agreed that Mike and I would go and he would stay here. No hard feelings at all for the last, what, 5 months? In fact other then showing him my costume he never said a word about it.

Well just now fiance asked what the sleeping arrangements would be, I told him (again btw) that Mike and I would be sharing a hotel room to save some money. My fiance literally freaked out, he said there's no way I would be staying in the same hotel room as Mike. That he would leave me and the wedding would be off. I told him that Mike and I have stayed in a hotel room many, many times (all before I was engaged, but still) and nothing has ever happened and that in fact he knew what our plans were. He said that he didn't know what my plans were and that I never told him. I said i did tell him. He then said "the final word" is that if I stay in a hotel room with Mike it's over.

I honestly don't know if he's bluffing but I have worked so hard for this, my tickets and hotel room are non refundable. My best friend worked really hard on this and I would be screwing him over if I don't go. I feel like it's so unfair of my fiance to lay this on me at the literal last minute. I have looked for other hotel rooms and even AirBNB to see if we can make something else work but there must be something going on in that city because everything is booked or upwards of $300 a night which I can't even begin to afford, neither can Mike.

How should I handle this and what should I do?

tl;dr: I've planned for months and spent thousands of dollars in prep for a CosPlay Con this weekend. I was attending with my best friend Mike and at the last minute my fiance says I can't go. What should I do?

Edit: well this way turned into more about my debt than anything, people just have to trust me that I'll get it figured out and I'm not at all worried about it. Also my fiancé has not been in touch for over 12 hours now and won't respond to texts. I'm just going to go on the trip.

When your fiance isn't your best friend, maybe you shouldn't marry them!

tl;dr: Marry Mike!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

maskenfreiheit posted:

I [18M] said something stupid to my sister [20F] cause I didn't even know what it meant. She showed our friends, and now they all won't stop making fun of me for it every time we hang out. Its really getting on my nerves.

This kid definitely has some issues. Just the obsessively detailed day-by-day breakdowns of insignificant minutiae... :spergin:

Also holy gently caress make your own friends kid what kind of 18-year-old boy has the same social group as his 20-year-old sister?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

BluesShaman posted:

People having their spouse as their best friend is the reason divorce rates are so high.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

It wasn't illegal until people started making GBS threads raw fish lasagne into it. At that point it was immediately a crime.

Raw fish lasagne with mayo on it, made ahead of time, then allowed to sit out at a potluck.
I'm pretty sure the OP's wife needs to be investigated for possible breaches of the Biological Weapons Convention.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

BluesShaman posted:

How does a dude who cares deeply about college football end up engaged to an anime cosplay person?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BluesShaman posted:

Check the ages on that

Sharing a hotel room with an anime cosplay enthusiast who you've known since you were 15 and he was 25, definitely not going to get weird, no sir

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Since I read the sushi casserole post I've been frantically googling sushi casserole recipes. Literally all of them involve either baking the fish or starting with imitation crab meat, sashimi casserole returns nothing similar to what was described. I'm concluding that this was, as someone said, the wife's attempt to murder her coworkers.

e: and the fish he couldn't identify was fugu she deliberately prepared wrong

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

BluesShaman posted:

The reddit detective squad was on the case about why a second hotel room wasn't an option:

quote:

I'd belive that OP is broke and acting in good faith if she just mismanaged money (you need to be literally burning money in the fireplace for that cos to be $1000) and there's 10 people packed in a hotel room for 2. That sounds more normal.

OP needs to stop being an e-girl and start living real life. No one puts up with that kind of poo poo.

Edit 2: OP has a fine arts degree, graduated last year, still not looking for jobs, but not worried because she has a degree which equals a good job, so she can totally pay off all the debt she put herself into for this con in a snap if she wanted to. She has $24 to her name (ignoring her thousands in cosplay debt), but don't worry, her idea to open an online cosplay store will make her a multi millionaire by the time she's 30.

I'm not even kidding, look at her post history.

Oh my sides 😂

Don't date get engaged to anime nerds

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

quote:

:siren:I have known Mike since I was 15 and we really connected over our love of RPG, fantasy and CosPlay type things:siren:

lol @ the 25 yo completely normal, not creepy dude bonding with the 15 yo girl over ~*fantasy and CosPlay type things*~

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Known Lecher posted:

The reddit detective squad was on the case about why a second hotel room wasn't an option:

Don't date get engaged to anime nerds

Well that's usually a self-correcting problem.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well that's usually a self-correcting problem.

You mean because they murder each other

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

coronatae posted:

Since I read the sushi casserole post I've been frantically googling sushi casserole recipes. Literally all of them involve either baking the fish or starting with imitation crab meat, sashimi casserole returns nothing similar to what was described. I'm concluding that this was, as someone said, the wife's attempt to murder her coworkers.

e: and the fish he couldn't identify was fugu she deliberately prepared wrong

I made some pretty good sushi bowls once but they used real sushi rice and imitation Krab(shut up it was still good) and proper veggies, and weren't in a casserole dish layered like a lasagna and left to sit out at room temp for multiple hours

so there's that

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

maskenfreiheit posted:

Am I [21F] over-sensitive, or is my bf [22M] some kind of pedophile?

This has been posted sometime before and I remember there being a update, the girls was his niece or something.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

the heat goes wrong posted:

This has been posted sometime before and I remember there being a update, the girls was his niece or something.

That would be awesome :unsmith:

Anime is sick filth for losers so shocker anime girl is fitting the type

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I don't have 40 pictures of my niece saved on my phone

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Captain Yossarian posted:

Sorry your niece is so lame

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Captain Yossarian posted:

Congrats on not being in a Whatsapp/Telegram family group with someone who sends a billion photos of their kids per day, I guess.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ZearothK posted:

Congrats on not being in a Whatsapp/Telegram family group with someone who sends a billion photos of their kids per day, I guess.

It took me a while to realise whatsapp saves all the photos in your phone.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Pick posted:

but what made it illegal

I knowingly violated UN regulations on the harvesting of endangered Party Toilet trees! I violated them, knowing the profit would cover all possible legal fees and fines, with a hefty margin leftover to launder through my Party Toilet pay-cam site!

It's the perfect crime! I am the Bela Lugosi of Illegal Party Toilet #Content! None can stop my inexplicable empire!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'd assume illegality could come from some horrible plumbing hack or sanitation rule.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

The party toilet was just a porcelain bowl of water with a drain that illegally hooked into the neighbor's plumbing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

BluesShaman posted:

Redditors protesting too much:

quote:

... He chose to stay home to watch other people play a game. He spent months not caring about something so important to her that she has spent a ton of money and time on (once again, just to watch people he doesn't know) to the degree he didn't ask or pay attention before now what her lodging would be.

He lost any legitimacy to be upset or lodge ultimatums a long time ago.

quote:

My very best friend, man of honor at my wedding, best person I know, is almost twice my age. We met in 2009 or 2010 and I love him with all my heart- as a friend. My husband also likes him and respects our friendship is just that, friends. It doesn't always have to be creepy.

quote:

But is it? Women solidify brain connections earlier in life than men do, meaning they mature sooner than their male counterparts. They have larger vocabularies than their male peers and they are often looking further into the future of their lives than their male peers. Why then would it be surprising for women to seek out conversation with older men who are more likely to match their maturity level? Additionally, context matters. Not everyone will mature at the same rate due to the context of their personal experience. Some people may be stunted simply due to a lack of experience, living in a sheltered household or due to their own personal drive. It shouldn't be taken to mean that there's something malignant about their motives.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

chose to stay home to watch other people play a game. 

Easy there in that glass house, anime hobby girl

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

tactlessbastard posted:

Easy there in that glass house, anime hobby girl

The original post even made it sound like he's actually going to the game, which makes that even worse. Even a lovely college football game is a lot of fun when you're there. I go see UConn get blown out once a year with my friends and it's way better than being at some gross convention, and I've never felt the need to spend several thousand dollars on it.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

TheKennedys posted:

I made some pretty good sushi bowls once but they used real sushi rice and imitation Krab(shut up it was still good) and proper veggies, and weren't in a casserole dish layered like a lasagna and left to sit out at room temp for multiple hours

so there's that

The recipes weren't inherently bad but they all used fish that had been cooked. The comments for this post revealed that she got Chinese market mystery-fish which she filleted herself, and since she prepared the dish the night before, it was raw fish of dubious origin and preparation hanging out in mayo overnight in addition to the hours spent at the potluck.

At this point I wish I could take a sample of the dish just to see what kinds of wondrous things were growing in it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

If that dude isn't going with a group of friends he's just as weird as she is but at least he isn't spending thousands to go, probably.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Admiral Ray posted:

If that dude isn't going with a group of friends he's just as weird as she is but at least he isn't spending thousands to go, probably.

Considering she mentioned it's his alma mater, I'm pretty sure he's going with people he knew from college. Who goes to sports games alone, anyway?

(The answer to that is probably "people romantically involved with cosplay enthusiasts", now that I think about it)

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

anime ruins everything even threads on this forum

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Haifisch posted:

Redditors protesting too much:

Don't date redditors, because if they want to date you it means you are a child and should not be dated anyways

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BluesShaman posted:

Lol at someone who would get upset over this. The age difference does make their relationship weird (and is maybe what's setting the would be husband off) but like drat if you can't trust your SO to share a room with someone when they travel (particularly when you were invited) you should probably just die alone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Football man is better off leaving her as his hobby is cheap, somehow smells better, and he has a job instead of dreams yet to be crushed.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Football man is better off leaving her as his hobby is cheap, somehow smells better, and he has a job instead of dreams yet to be crushed.

Yeah there's some whole separate issues going on there to the point where I wonder if the ultimatum is less about jealousy and more just an explosion over her hobbies and life attitude that the con itself directly represents.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

maskenfreiheit posted:

A mutual friend raped somebody. My girlfriend and I have very different opinions about it

the comments section has some gems:

:murder: A, then your gf, and then track down that commenter, as well.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but a hat trick just might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

maskenfreiheit posted:

A mutual friend raped somebody. My girlfriend and I have very different opinions about it

the comments section has some gems:

:sever: with your GF and go beat the poo poo out of A.