  • Post
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

the old ceremony posted:

i'm black baby goku and i'm here for one reason only: to find the father of my child

Welcome home.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

.
I thought BBG knew his husband's name already.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

corn in the bible posted:

He claims it's actually his sorting list for stuff on the art site. So he merely TOLERATES rape art but HATES pokemon art, which I think we all can agree is fair

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

knows a black guy posted:

Thank you Marriott, the half hour of free mini muffins really helped me work through some stuff.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Cugel the Clever posted:

Little people (midgets/dwarfs) and the mentally handicapped (retards/idiots/imbeciles/morons/dummies) really should aim to address the underlying issue behind the words' usage as pejoratives, with also trying to take ownership of the terms some use to their detriment. Otherwise you're just going to see society turn the next "clinical", "unbaggaged" term for them into another insult—a process that's been described as a euphemism treadmill. "Retard" itself came into being in an effort to popularize an initially non-pejorative term for the mentally-handicapped.

Homosexuals (gays), on the other hand, led successful campaigns to both transform society's view of homosexuality and claim the word "gay" for themselves. This also had the effect of pushing stronger slurs (human being) even further outside the bounds of acceptable discourse, though still at times used as a badge of pride within the community. You still get retards and bigots that try to use them that way, but, unless you live in a particularly backwards area, the use of the terms as pejoratives is greatly diminished. The evolution of the word "friend of the family" in the African American community and broader society parallels "human being", and it's hard to say whether we as a society can ever achieve the racial equity necessary for it to ever become a shared positive term in the way "gay" is becoming (and there's plenty of debate about whether or not the term should instead be excised entirely, though that horse has probably left the barn).

I can see little people being successful at reducing the usage of their descriptors as insults, especially with more exposure for them in popular media that emphasizes their humanity. Reduce the "novelty" in seeing a little person and affirm that they're just like you or me. Probably should have gone just championed "dwarf" as it rolls off the tongue a lot easier than "little person" and has cool Tolkein-esque connotations in popular culture, but whatever—I guess they made their decision.

As for the mentally handicapped, however, it's probably impossible to dissociate any term used for them from a colloquial pejorative, nor keep any new term from becoming an insult. If there is one that thing serves as the foundation of how humans characterize humanity, it is intelligence—principally: self-awareness, communicative ability, and complex reasoning. No matter how much some try to put divider between terms used for the voluntarily moronic and the involuntarily handicapped, I just don't see it sticking because language is too drat fluid and we humans are loving retarded.

Really, if there's one word used as an insult that is long overdue for a sea-change to transform its negative connotations to positive, it's pussy. Pussy's loving fierce and don't need none of your poo poo. There have been more and more positive uses in popular protest, but even these more-progressive-than-not forums still uses it to mean "weak" or "pathetic" with disgraceful regularity.

Anyways, this long, possibly-offensive rambling from a white male cracker is courtesy of me procrastinating on going to sleep. The Schadenfreude is on my future, sleep-deprived self.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Well???

Do you have some quotes or what???????

I smell hilarity here but drat if I'm going poop touching for it.

Unfortunately, the only funny thing about Jordan Peterson is that alt-right supporters are paying him $50k a month on Patreon on top of his tenured university professor salary because he said some stupid poo poo about misgendering transsexuals and gussied it up as free speech.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

McGavin posted:

Unfortunately, the only funny thing about Jordan Peterson is that alt-right supporters are paying him $50k a month on Patreon on top of his tenured university professor salary because he said some stupid poo poo about misgendering transsexuals and gussied it up as free speech.

son of a bitch makes $65,000 a year!?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Outgroup! Outgroup! Quick, pejoratives!

Come on dude, gimme something solid to laugh at.

Though yeah fine the image of a professor hangtenning off a tidal wave of Hitler money for screaming about how bad Hitler is is pretty funny for how dumb a conception that it is.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Pick posted:

son of a bitch makes $65,000 a year!?

You missed a 0. $750,000 a year just from Patreon. Convert that to CAD and it's $900,000. Plus he's a tenured professor at Canada's largest university, pulling down a $175,000 CAD salary, so at least $1,075,000 CAD. Plus YouTube ad revenue, plus paid speaking engagements. Dude's gotta be making at least $1,000,000 USD a year from pandering to American stupidity, which is kinda funny if you think about it.

Oh, his Patreon went up to $63,000 USD a month. I adjusted the numbers.

McGavin has a new favorite as of 08:11 on Sep 12, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

McGavin posted:

You missed a 0. $600,000 a year just from Patreon. Convert that to CAD and it's $725,000. Plus he's a tenured professor at Canada's largest university, pulling down a $175,000 CAD salary, so at least $900,000 CAD. Plus YouTube ad revenue, plus paid speaking engagements. Dude's gotta be making at least $1,000,000 a year from pandering to American stupidity, which is kinda funny if you think about it.

loving shut up dipshit don't gently caress up my half assed academia salaries joke i don't loving care who this guy is

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I don't know how he connects calling someone by their correct gender to Marxism. It's baffling.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Pick posted:

loving shut up dipshit don't gently caress up my half assed academia salaries joke i don't loving care who this guy is

You're just upset you majored in STEM instead of making fat stacks off your controversial heteronormative opinions.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

McGavin posted:

You missed a 0. $750,000 a year just from Patreon. Convert that to CAD and it's $900,000. Plus he's a tenured professor at Canada's largest university, pulling down a $175,000 CAD salary, so at least $1,075,000 CAD. Plus YouTube ad revenue, plus paid speaking engagements. Dude's gotta be making at least $1,000,000 USD a year from pandering to American stupidity, which is kinda funny if you think about it.

Oh, his Patreon went up to $63,000 USD a month. I adjusted the numbers.
I'm sorry, this is not the Star Citizen drive-thru.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

We Know Catheters posted:

I don't know how he connects calling someone by their correct gender to Marxism. It's baffling.

Those who protested him in the past kept bringing literal hammer and sickle flags. I don't know the causality here, but there's that.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Karate Bastard posted:

Those who protested him in the past kept bringing literal hammer and sickle flags. I don't know the causality here, but there's that.

In his words:

quote:

I will never use words I hate, like the trendy and artificially constructed words "zhe" and "zher." These words are at the vanguard of a post-modern, radical leftist ideology that I detest, and which is, in my professional opinion, frighteningly similar to the Marxist doctrines that killed at least 100 million people in the 20th century.

It doesn't connect.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it's the newest sport. we release a bald eagle in a transparent enclosure, then we watch as it slams itself against the walls. we watch in silence, without blinking. we sit with our fingers in are laps and they curl and uncurl in spasmodic motions like the twitches of a dying spider's legs. there's a commentator, but he never says anything, just breathes heavily through his microphone. nobody gets up until the eagle stops moving

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TinTower posted:

I wanna go,
To the late night,
Techno Hitler,
Cocktail Show.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

We Know Catheters posted:

In his words:
It doesn't connect.

So I'll pour out some more words here in an area where I'm not really qualified.

His argument seems to be that there's a school of thought called postmodernism which stems from actual marxism proper, and it came about in france (Jaques Derida et al) when marxism became unmarketable since it had become apparent that it invariably led to atrocity and genocide wherever "true marxism" was being attempted. So as far as I've understood it postmodernism is a relabling of those same thoughts, only you don't call it "class war" anymore but "war of the oppressors versus the oppressed", and somehow the proponents of postmodernism have made trans people issues their cause to champion, as evidenced by the statements of self-professed postmodernist professors and backed up by their students. Postmodernists are heavily involved in identity politics, and this pronoun stuff is being heavily pushed on by these postmodernist people. So I guess that's why he says that? As an aside though it is not obvious at all that actual trans people actually benefit from postmodernist involvement, for example because postmodern thoughts actually undermine the position of actual trans people. For example one postmodern idea is that your identity is yours to choose and you can choose it to be whatever you like (so why don't you choose not to be trans?). There's other stuff too, like they seem to be taking the privilege of speaking on behalf of the trans people, when they haven't asked them if that's what they want, or what they actually want. How could they? There's no trans people association with a common agenda that I know of that elected to have these people speak for them, but most of them seem to be wanting not so much attention please, and prefer to just go about their day please, because they have enough to deal with without their identity being the focus of an international circus. Though if you're interested in this stuff you should probably get your info from someone who knows what they're talking about, because I don't really. Jordan Peterson seems to make a lot of sense to me when he talks, but if anyone has a recommendation on better sources feel free to share them I guess?

Sorry, I don't normally seriouspost, but this stuff hurts people if you get it wrong, so one should probably make an effort to be right, even if it involves showing everyone how ignorant you really are, like I just did right here. I'll try not to drone on and on about this.

e: I was inspired by van goatse below here to go looking for stuff wrong with Jordan Peterson's take on postmodernism. If anyone's interested, here's a critique video on youtube defending postmodernism by someone who got annoyed enough with JP's slander of Derrida et al to withdraw their Patreon support. It seems quite well put together, but hey, who am I to judge. I mostly just post dumbass poo poo for laughs lol

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Sep 12, 2017

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I think that every time you ascribe any kind of meaning to the term "postmodern", you are removing yourself on tiny step from reality and up into your own rear end.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm not a fan of Postmodernism but I'm going to clarify a few things about it for Karate Bastard's benefit.

Peterson's wrong because gender identity and pronoun issues have little or nothing to do with Postmodernism. There's a distant relationship in much the same way as human beings and oak trees are distantly related biologically.

Then there's his implication that Postmodernism is a kind of Trojan horse for Marxists. That's just an old right-wing conspiracy theory that the alt-right has resuscitated.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 10:06 on Sep 12, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My druid horoscope tree is cypress.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm not a fan of Postmodernism but I'm going to clarify a few things about it for Karate Bastard's benefit.

Peterson's wrong because gender identity and pronoun issues have little or nothing to do with Postmodernism. There's a distant relationship in much the same way as human beings and oak trees are distantly related biologically.

Then there's his implication that Postmodernism is a kind of Trojan horse for Marxists. That's just an old right-wing conspiracy theory that the alt-right has resuscitated.

This is not a funny forums quote :smith:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sebmojo posted:

This is not a funny forums quote :smith:

Apologies.

In recompense, enjoy some classic Lowtax:

Lowtax posted:

You're the dumbest motherfucker this side of the Pecos, and I have absolutely no idea what side of the Pecos the servers are on.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 10:21 on Sep 12, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

[...]

It's so strange that you like Jordan Peterson! Super unexpected imo. I think we can make this a funny quote if we had context.

Karate Bastard posted:

That's the face of a man who knows that he touched a friend of the family so now he's a friend of the family too.

Karate Bastard posted:

This poo poo sucks, you fag.

Karate Bastard posted:

That's actually pretty homo. Does anyone have it with mustard instead?

Edit: Woah! I never even noticed I got probated for this, but I guess I can see how you can take it for a slur on homos, which is not at all what I intended. Rather the opposite! I just meant to comment on the irony that this gentleman, who looks indeed very tough and gangsta and homophobic, actually looks rampantly homo in this gif, which I strongly doubt was his intention. Double the irony that I seem to be as blind as he as to the impressions I make, so apologies for any offense caused. Homo away to your hearts' content, friends! But gently caress apologizing about people who use mustard for skin lotion, because that poo poo is hilarious.

Is this post-modern now? :shobon:

e: Last time he was probated for "fag" I checked his rap sheet to see if it was a poor joke (still bad) or if he had a record of things like this

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 11:46 on Sep 12, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dunno, but it's kinda beautiful.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

EmmyOk posted:

It's so strange that you like Jordan Peterson! Super unexpected imo. I think we can make this a funny quote if we had context.

Is this post-modern now? :shobon:

Yeah like I said I rarely seriouspost, but prefer to just blurt out inanities hoping it'll be funny. That middle idiocy there for example was me citing the most preposterous gas lock comment I ever saw on here, by lowtax himself nonetheless, but I guess it wasn't recognizable/funny enough. I live in a very tolerant area and tend to forget that many people still don't, and might not find that stuff funny at all.

So yeah, guess I'm postmodern.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
More like postmortem.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

slurs are not just inherently funny on their own, you just sound like a kid on Xbox live from 2006.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Tsunemori works in hr and has been posting e-mails he's been getting lately:

quote:

From: "Jhanda Patel" <enruteiapnci@qnd.com.au>
Date: 6 Aug 2017 5:39 pm
Subject: Contracts Look at history and you ku who to work with
To: <Contracts>

Contracts,

This is a gentalman email between only you and me.

Nobody is racist these days, but we still look into histories when we make choices.

200 years ago when British setup colonies, they sent Indian troops to manage those places, from west Africa to southeast Asia. We were loyal, hardworking, always took care of dirty works, you know what I mean. The Blood of British and Indian soldiers flow together, this is what the Queen said when he visited my country.

Now many years past, but we never change. When you run your Australian business, why don't we follow tradition, and hire Indian managers to manage the place? We are loyal, hardworking, and take care of dirty works for you. We are the people your business need to conquer the planet. Let's work together and manage those Asians, Filipinos, Latinos, Africans, or even some of those helpless lazy locals who are spoiled, just like the sweet old days!

Contracts, What is your answer? The British Empire is a thing of the past, but its legacy shouldn't be forgotten. Ally with us, and we share the prosporous. I am not denying Asians, Filipinos... They are even more important, because the create value directly for your business. But we Indians are better at managing then any other, this is proven by history!

Yours most devoted honest and loyal brother,

Jhanda Patel

quote:

From: "Iris Shelton" <kyfvjrynuwpb@rup.com.au>
Date: 16 Jul 2017 5:38 pm
Subject: en Listen Contracts DO NOT fire any Indian staff or they can fix you up really good
To: <Contracts>

I beg you please Contracts, Don't even try this anywhere in Australia.

I run small business, an Indian staff below performance so I laid him off last year and guess what, he employed some Indian lawyers to sue me for racial descriminition .

I lost it and now have to settle it with almost everything I have.

Let this be lesson for both of us Contracts, I know things are hard these days, but please, if you have to let someone go, just go for those Chinese, Italians or Lebanese, they won't even squeak! Even those locals, they make sense and are easy to talk over, just don't touch the Indians! they have a union or something, too powerful, just don't touch them and you will be fine.

I have to go now, really hope you are never in this kinda trouble.

best wishes

quote:

From: "Derek Moody" <vmwqnczsua@sot.com.au>
Date: 20 Aug 2017 5:08 pm
Subject: Contracts want you know how happy I am with my Indian Manager
To: <Contracts>

Contracts,

Last month I got a new boss who moved from India to Australia 2.5 years ago. And he is really nice person.

Frankly speaking he is the best manager I have seen, better then any local managers who sort of always have some drinking or drug problem.

I think your company is a bit too "white" to be honest. Hire some Indian managers. Look Contracts I am white and I don't mind my managers to be from Indian back ground. They are Aryans too, and they don't wear burka like those Arabics. What a ideal group of people to manage us, they make less trouble then those Chinese who are taking our houses away.

Contracts, please promote more Indian workers to be managers. Please tell me in the next meeting you tell this to your group, everyone in the company will surely like it.

regards,
Derek

quote:

From: Sharya Limbu <tbwzdfvlkidvt@dee.com.au>
Date: 13 August 2017 at 18:53
Subject: Contracts perhaps you should step down f little bit?
To: Contracts

Contracts, Can you just step down please?

There are more and more people from India working in Australia nowadays, even more are applying here, make no mistakes they are Australian residents. You certainly know it by reading those resumes.

Many of my friends can't get the attention they deserve, which I would friendly point out that perhaps Australian HR like you are not familiar with criterias in those resumes which are written in different ways.

We need more HR from Indian Background, as I said, we understand those resumes better, so we can introduce more candidates from our cultral background as we deserve.

Can you step down from recruiting people and let someone from India to look after it? Plenty here and we are all Australian residents who have rights to work.

Please let me know if you can decide on it so I don't have to escalate this to your manager.

Regards,

Sharya Limbu

quote:

From: "Sophie Burbury" <vrytwcykfar@sop.com.au>
Date: 27 Aug 2017 9:16 pm
Subject: Contracts too easy to be HR these days
To: <Contracts>

Contracts, still reading resumes all day?

Look, I found a quick way here, if you see anyone with Indian name, just shortlist him for interview. It will make your life easier.

We all know that Indian candidates pass interviews easier then any other people. They are smart, and managers love them. And we have plenty of them everywhere in Australia.

I am a recruiter and I start doing this last year, and I almost earn 7 figures now. Contracts you should also do this, it will make everyone life easier.

Just don't recommend any local workers anymore. My sister she was HR in her company and she always recommand lots of local white people over Indians and guess what? Someone reported her for being racist and she got fired. How dumb is that you tell me.

It is time to do the right thing and easy thing now Contracts. Shortlist Indian names only, and it saves you lots of time. Nobody can go against you. Indians have a legal union or something to help you.

Regards,

Sophie

quote:

From: Raghu Gupta <ysieydadjhfhxu@gop.com.au>
Date: 3 September 2017 at 23:13
Subject: t Contracts shocking news they sacked hundreds
To: Contracts

Contracts,

Look at the picture below! DHS sacked hundreds of subcontractors, shocking isn't it? You better search for this news and read it yourself. They haven't said in the news but I bet they are local white workers who were sacked due to fraud.

Let this be a lesson for all of us, local Australian workers have worse performance then workers from India, also they are less honest and cheat their managers. And this is the reason they got sacked.

Think in this way Contracts, if they had hired people from India background than this won't have happened. Indian worker are much more honest when working. They do a better job too. We have plenty of them here in Australia, many of them are Australian citizens.

Contracts you need not over look this issue, it is tax money from you and me. Should we write to DHS and advise them to hire more people from Indian background? We certainly do. Please do it. You also should hire more of them to purge those white parasites in your company.

regards,
Raghu

quote:

From: "Patanjali Tawade" <yekbhvzwip@too.com.au>
Date: 10 Sep 2017 9:49 pm
Subject: Contracts Eat Beef In Your Home Before Coming to Work
To: <Contracts>

Contracts,

Sorry about this email but I have a complaint to make. My friend said you have beef for lunch at working place. Do I need to educate you that it can be offensive to people from Indian background? I thought Australia is a good country to respect multiculture but you are exception.

I think our minister had made things clear, he said before you go to india, eat your beef in your country.(look at the news I enclosed it for you) Translate in our case, it should be eat beef at home before you come to work. As you know we have more Indian workers nowadays, and look around you we are everywhere. I think eat beef at home instead of at work place will help you living a happier life. I am sure both my motherlands(I am Australian Resident for 15 years) will stand behind me on this.

I think I do not need to say anymore Contracts. Just kindly do not eat beef at work so you can keep Fairwork away. Do you really think Fairwork doesn't have Indian employees?

Contracts please also kindly let your co-workers know about this info and this will make your team happier. Thank you for your time.

regards,
Pat

Palpek has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Sep 12, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This should be an F Plus episode.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Palpek posted:

Tsunemori works in hr and has been posting e-mails he's been getting lately:

This is genius. They are trying to appeal both to bleeding heart lefties, and bona fide imperialists; people who believe in multiculturalism, and racists. They deserve to be managers, imo.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Palpek posted:

Tsunemori works in hr and has been posting e-mails he's been getting lately:

these made me screech with laughter like an electrocuted retard

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

hahahaha

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's a subtle joke but I like it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Socks4Hands posted:

👏 For👏twelve👏years,👏you👏have👏been👏asking:👏Who👏is👏John👏Galt?👏This👏is👏John👏Galt👏speaking.👏I👏am👏the👏man👏who👏loves👏his👏life.👏I👏am👏the👏man👏who👏does👏not👏sacrifice👏his👏love👏or👏his👏values.👏I👏am👏the👏man👏who👏has👏deprived👏you👏of👏victims👏and👏thus👏has👏destroyed👏your👏world,👏and👏if👏you👏wish👏to👏know👏why👏you👏are👏perishing—you👏who👏dread👏knowledge—I👏am👏the👏man👏who👏will👏now👏tell👏you.”👏The👏chief👏engineer👏was👏the👏only👏one👏able👏to👏move;👏he👏ran👏to👏a👏television👏set👏and👏struggled👏frantically👏with👏its👏dials.👏But👏the👏screen👏remained👏empty;👏the👏speaker👏had👏not👏chosen👏to👏be👏seen.👏Only👏his👏voice👏filled👏the👏airways👏of👏the👏country—of👏the👏world,👏thought👏the👏chief👏engineer—sounding👏as👏if👏he👏were👏speaking👏here,👏in👏this👏room,👏not👏to👏a👏group,👏but👏to👏one👏man;👏it👏was👏not👏the👏tone👏of👏addressing👏a👏meeting,👏but👏the👏tone👏of👏addressing👏a👏mind.👏

👏“You👏have👏heard👏it👏said👏that👏this👏is👏an👏age👏of👏moral👏crisis.👏You👏have👏said👏it👏yourself,👏half👏in👏fear,👏half👏in👏hope👏that👏the👏words👏had👏no👏meaning.👏You👏have👏cried👏that👏man’s👏sins👏are👏destroying👏the👏world👏and👏you👏have👏cursed👏human👏nature👏for👏its👏unwillingness👏to👏practice👏the👏virtues👏you👏demanded.👏Since👏virtue,👏to👏you,👏consists👏of👏sacrifice,👏you👏have👏demanded👏more👏sacrifices👏at👏every👏successive👏disaster.👏In👏the👏name👏of👏a👏return👏to👏morality,👏you👏have👏sacrificed👏all👏those👏evils👏which👏you👏held👏as👏the👏cause👏of👏your👏plight.👏You👏have👏sacrificed👏justice👏to👏mercy.👏You👏have👏sacrificed👏independence👏to👏unity.👏You👏have👏sacrificed👏reason👏to👏faith.👏You👏have👏sacrificed👏wealth👏to👏need.👏You👏have👏sacrificed👏self-esteem👏to👏self-denial.👏You👏have👏sacrificed👏happiness👏to👏duty.👏

👏“You👏have👏destroyed👏all👏that👏which👏you👏held👏to👏be👏evil👏and👏achieved👏all👏that👏which👏you👏held👏to👏be👏good.👏Why,👏then,👏do👏you👏shrink👏in👏horror👏from👏the👏sight👏of👏the👏world👏around👏you?👏That👏world👏is👏not👏the👏product👏of👏your👏sins,👏it👏is👏the👏product👏and👏the👏image👏of👏your👏virtues.👏It👏is👏your👏moral👏ideal👏brought👏into👏reality👏in👏its👏full👏and👏final👏perfection.👏You👏have👏fought👏for👏it,👏you👏have👏dreamed👏of👏it,👏and👏you👏have👏wished👏it,👏and👏I—I👏am👏the👏man👏who👏has👏granted👏you👏your👏wish.👏

👏“Your👏ideal👏had👏an👏implacable👏enemy,👏which👏your👏code👏of👏morality👏was👏designed👏to👏destroy.👏I👏have👏withdrawn👏that👏enemy.👏I👏have👏taken👏it👏out👏of👏your👏way👏and👏out👏of👏your👏reach.👏I👏have👏removed👏the👏source👏of👏all👏those👏evils👏you👏were👏sacrificing👏one👏by👏one.👏I👏have👏ended👏your👏battle.👏I👏have👏stopped👏your👏motor.👏I👏have👏deprived👏your👏world👏of👏man’s👏mind.👏

👏“Men👏do👏not👏live👏by👏the👏mind,👏you👏say?👏I👏have👏withdrawn👏those👏who👏do.👏The👏mind👏is👏impotent,👏you👏say?👏I👏have👏withdrawn👏those👏whose👏mind👏isn’t.👏There👏are👏values👏higher👏than👏the👏mind,👏you👏say?👏I👏have👏withdrawn👏those👏for👏whom👏there👏aren’t.👏

👏“While👏you👏were👏dragging👏to👏your👏sacrificial👏altars👏the👏men👏of👏justice,👏of👏independence,👏of👏reason,👏of👏wealth,👏of👏self-esteem—I👏beat👏you👏to👏it,👏I👏reached👏them👏first.👏I👏told👏them👏the👏nature👏of👏the👏game👏you👏were👏playing👏and👏the👏nature👏of👏that👏moral👏code👏of👏yours,👏which👏they👏had👏been👏too👏innocently👏generous👏to👏grasp.👏I👏showed👏them👏the👏way👏to👏live👏by👏another👏morality—mine.👏It👏is👏mine👏that👏they👏chose👏to👏follow.👏

👏“All👏the👏men👏who👏have👏vanished,👏the👏men👏you👏hated,👏yet👏dreaded👏to👏lose,👏it👏is👏I👏who👏have👏taken👏them👏away👏from👏you.👏Do👏not👏attempt👏to👏find👏us.👏We👏do👏not👏choose👏to👏be👏found.👏Do👏not👏cry👏that👏it👏is👏our👏duty👏to👏serve👏you.👏We👏do👏not👏recognize👏such👏duty.👏Do👏not👏cry👏that👏you👏need👏us.👏We👏do👏not👏consider👏need👏a👏claim.👏Do👏not👏cry👏that👏you👏own👏us.👏You👏don’t.👏Do👏not👏beg👏us👏to👏return.👏We👏are👏on👏strike,👏we,👏the👏men👏of👏the👏mind.👏

👏“We👏are👏on👏strike👏against👏self-immolation.👏We👏are👏on👏strike👏against👏the👏creed👏of👏unearned👏rewards👏and👏unrewarded👏duties.👏We👏are👏on👏strike👏against👏the👏dogma👏that👏the👏pursuit👏of👏one’s👏happiness👏is👏evil.👏We👏are👏on👏strike👏against👏the👏doctrine👏that👏life👏is👏guilt.👏

👏“There👏is👏a👏difference👏between👏our👏strike👏and👏all👏those👏you’ve👏practiced👏for👏centuries:👏our👏strike👏consists,👏not👏of👏making👏demands,👏but👏of👏granting👏them.👏We👏are👏evil,👏according👏to👏your👏morality.👏We👏have👏chosen👏not👏to👏harm👏you👏any👏longer.👏We👏are👏useless,👏according👏to👏your👏economics.👏We👏have👏chosen👏not👏to👏exploit👏you👏any👏longer.👏We👏are👏dangerous👏and👏to👏be👏shackled,👏according👏to👏your👏politics.👏We👏have👏chosen👏not👏to👏endanger👏you,👏nor👏to👏wear👏the👏shackles👏any👏longer.👏We👏are👏only👏an👏illusion,👏according👏to👏your👏philosophy.👏We👏have👏chosen👏not👏to👏blind👏you👏any👏longer👏and👏have👏left👏you👏free👏to👏face👏reality—the👏reality👏you👏wanted,👏the👏world👏as👏you👏see👏it👏now,👏a👏world👏without👏mind.👏

👏“We👏have👏granted👏you👏everything👏you👏demanded👏of👏us,👏we👏who👏had👏always👏been👏the👏givers,👏but👏have👏only👏now👏understood👏it.👏We👏have👏no👏demands👏to👏present👏to👏you,👏no👏terms👏to👏bargain👏about,👏no👏compromise👏to👏reach.👏You👏have👏nothing👏to👏offer👏us.👏We👏do👏not👏need👏you.👏

👏“Are👏you👏now👏crying:👏No,👏this👏was👏not👏what👏you👏wanted?👏A👏mindless👏world👏of👏ruins👏was👏not👏your👏goal?👏You👏did👏not👏want👏us👏to👏leave👏you?👏You👏moral👏cannibals,👏I👏know👏that👏you’ve👏always👏known👏what👏it👏was👏that👏you👏wanted.👏But👏your👏game👏is👏up,👏because👏now👏we👏know👏it,👏too.👏

👏“Through👏centuries👏of👏scourges👏and👏disasters,👏brought👏about👏by👏your👏code👏of👏morality,👏you👏have👏cried👏that👏your👏code👏had👏been👏broken,👏that👏the👏scourges👏were👏punishment👏for👏breaking👏it,👏that👏men👏were👏too👏weak👏and👏too👏selfish👏to👏spill👏all👏the👏blood👏it👏required.👏You👏damned👏man,👏you👏damned👏existence,👏you👏damned👏this👏earth,👏but👏never👏dared👏to👏question👏your👏code.👏Your👏victims👏took👏the👏blame👏and👏struggled👏on,👏with👏your👏curses👏as👏reward👏for👏their👏martyrdom—while👏you👏went👏on👏crying👏that👏your👏code👏was👏noble,👏but👏human👏nature👏was👏not👏good👏enough👏to👏practice👏it.👏And👏no👏one👏rose👏to👏ask👏the👏question:👏Good?—by👏what👏standard?👏

👏“You👏wanted👏to👏know👏John👏Galt’s👏identity.👏I👏am👏the👏man👏who👏has👏asked👏that👏question.👏

👏“Yes,👏this👏is👏an👏age👏of👏moral👏crisis.👏Yes,👏you👏are👏bearing👏punishment👏for👏your👏evil.👏But👏it👏is👏not👏man👏who👏is👏now👏on👏trial👏and👏it👏is👏not👏human👏nature👏that👏will👏take👏the👏blame.👏It👏is👏your👏moral👏code👏that’s👏through,👏this👏time.👏Your👏moral👏code👏has👏reached👏its👏climax,👏the👏blind👏alley👏at👏the👏end👏of👏its👏course.👏And👏if👏you👏wish👏to👏go👏on👏living,👏what👏you👏now👏need👏is👏not👏to👏return👏to👏morality—you👏who👏have👏never👏known👏any—but👏to👏discover👏it.👏

👏“You👏have👏heard👏no👏concepts👏of👏morality👏but👏the👏mystical👏or👏the👏social.👏You👏have👏been👏taught👏that👏morality👏is👏a👏code👏of👏behavior👏imposed👏on👏you👏by👏whim,👏the👏whim👏of👏a👏supernatural👏power👏or👏the👏whim👏of👏society,👏to👏serve👏God’s👏purpose👏or👏your👏neighbor’s👏welfare,👏to👏please👏an👏authority👏beyond👏the👏grave👏or👏else👏next👏door—but👏not👏to👏serve👏your👏life👏or👏pleasure.👏Your👏pleasure,👏you👏have👏been👏taught,👏is👏to👏be👏found👏in👏immorality,👏your👏interests👏would👏best👏be👏served👏by👏evil,👏and👏any👏moral👏code👏must👏be👏designed👏not👏for👏you,👏but👏against👏you,👏not👏to👏further👏your👏life,👏but👏to👏drain👏it.👏

👏“For👏centuries,👏the👏battle👏of👏morality👏was👏fought👏between👏those👏who👏claimed👏that👏your👏life👏belongs👏to👏God👏and👏those👏who👏claimed👏that👏it👏belongs👏to👏your👏neighbors—between👏those👏who👏preached👏that👏the👏good👏is👏self-sacrifice👏for👏the👏sake👏of👏ghosts👏in👏heaven👏and👏those👏who👏preached👏that👏the👏good👏is👏self-sacrifice👏for👏the👏sake👏of👏incompetents👏on👏earth.👏And👏no👏one👏came👏to👏say👏that👏your👏life👏belongs👏to👏you👏and👏that👏the👏good👏is👏to👏live👏it.👏

👏“Both👏sides👏agreed👏that👏morality👏demands👏the👏surrender👏of👏your👏self-interest👏and👏of👏your👏mind,👏that👏the👏moral👏and👏the👏practical👏are👏opposites,👏that👏morality👏is👏not👏the👏province👏of👏reason,👏but👏the👏province👏of👏faith👏and👏force.👏Both👏sides👏agreed👏that👏no👏rational👏morality👏is👏possible,👏that👏there👏is👏no👏right👏or👏wrong👏in👏reason—that👏in👏reason👏there’s👏no👏reason👏to👏be👏moral.👏

👏“Whatever👏else👏they👏fought👏about,👏it👏was👏against👏man’s👏mind👏that👏all👏your👏moralists👏have👏stood👏united.👏It👏was👏man’s👏mind👏that👏all👏their👏schemes👏and👏systems👏were👏intended👏to👏despoil👏and👏destroy.👏Now👏choose👏to👏perish👏or👏to👏learn👏that👏the👏anti-mind👏is👏the👏anti-life.👏

👏“Man’s👏mind👏is👏his👏basic👏tool👏of👏survival.👏Life👏is👏given👏to👏him,👏survival👏is👏not.👏His👏body👏is👏given👏to👏him,👏its👏sustenance👏is👏not.👏His👏mind👏is👏given👏to👏him,👏its👏content👏is👏not.👏To👏remain👏alive,👏he👏must👏act,👏and👏before👏he👏can👏act👏he👏must👏know👏the👏nature👏and👏purpose👏of👏his👏action.👏He👏cannot👏obtain👏his👏food👏without👏a👏knowledge👏of👏food👏and👏of👏the👏way👏to👏obtain👏it.👏He👏cannot👏dig👏a👏ditch-or👏build👏a👏cyclotron—without👏a👏knowledge👏of👏his👏aim👏and👏of👏the👏means👏to👏achieve👏it.👏To👏remain👏alive,👏he👏must👏think.👏

👏“But👏to👏think👏is👏an👏act👏of👏choice.👏The👏key👏to👏what👏you👏so👏recklessly👏call👏‘human👏nature,’👏the👏open👏secret👏you👏live👏with,👏yet👏dread👏to👏name,👏is👏the👏fact👏that👏man👏is👏a👏being👏of👏volitional👏consciousness.👏Reason👏does👏not👏work👏automatically;👏thinking👏is👏not👏a👏mechanical👏process;👏the👏connections👏of👏logic👏are👏not👏made👏by👏instinct.👏The👏function👏of👏your👏stomach,👏lungs👏or👏heart👏is👏automatic;👏the👏function👏of👏your👏mind👏is👏not.👏In👏any👏hour👏and👏issue👏of👏your👏life,👏you👏are👏free👏to👏think👏or👏to👏evade👏that👏effort.👏But👏you👏are👏not👏free👏to👏escape👏from👏your👏nature,👏from👏the👏fact👏that👏reason👏is👏your👏means👏of👏survival—so👏that👏for👏you,👏who👏are👏a👏human👏being,👏the👏question👏‘to👏be👏or👏not👏to👏be’👏is👏the👏question👏‘to’👏think👏or👏not👏to👏think.’👏

👏“A👏being👏of👏volitional👏consciousness👏has👏no👏automatic👏course👏of👏behavior.👏He👏needs👏a👏code👏of👏values👏to👏guide👏his👏actions.👏‘Value’👏is👏that👏which👏one👏acts👏to👏gain👏and👏keep,👏‘virtue’👏is👏the👏action👏by👏which👏one👏gains👏and👏keeps👏it.👏‘Value’👏presupposes👏an👏answer👏to👏the👏question:👏of👏value👏to👏whom👏and👏for👏what?👏‘Value’👏presupposes👏a👏standard,👏a👏purpose👏and👏the👏necessity👏of👏action👏in👏the👏face👏of👏an👏alternative.👏Where👏there👏are👏no👏alternatives,👏no👏values👏are👏possible.👏

👏“There👏is👏only👏one👏fundamental👏alternative👏in👏the👏universe:👏existence👏or👏non-existence—and👏it👏pertains👏to👏a👏single👏class👏of👏entities:👏to👏living👏organisms.👏The👏existence👏of👏inanimate👏matter👏is👏unconditional,👏the👏existence👏of👏life👏is👏not;👏it👏depends👏on👏a👏specific👏course👏of👏action.👏Matter👏is👏indestructible,👏it👏changes👏its👏forms,👏but👏it👏cannot👏cease👏to👏exist.👏It👏is👏only👏a👏living👏organism👏that👏faces👏a👏constant👏alternative:👏the👏issue👏of👏life👏or👏death.👏Life👏is👏a👏process👏of👏self-sustaining👏and-self-generated👏action.👏If👏an👏organism👏fails👏in👏that👏action,👏it👏does;👏its👏chemical👏elements👏remain,👏but👏its👏life👏goes👏out👏of👏existence.👏It👏is👏only👏the👏concept👏of👏‘Life’👏that👏makes👏the👏concept👏of👏‘Value’👏possible.👏It👏is👏only👏to👏a👏living👏entity👏that👏things👏can👏be👏good👏or👏evil.👏

👏“A👏plant👏must👏feed👏itself👏in👏order👏to👏live;👏the👏sunlight,👏the👏water,👏the👏chemicals👏it👏needs👏are👏the👏values👏its👏nature👏has👏set👏it👏to👏pursue;👏its👏life👏is👏the👏standard👏of👏value👏directing👏its👏actions.👏But👏a👏plant👏has👏no👏choice👏of👏action;👏there👏are👏alternatives👏in👏the👏conditions👏it👏encounters,👏but👏there👏is👏no👏alternative👏in👏its👏function:👏it👏acts👏automatically👏to👏further👏its👏life,👏it👏cannot👏act👏for👏its👏own👏destruction.👏

👏“An👏animal👏is👏equipped👏for👏sustaining👏its👏life;👏its👏senses👏provide👏it👏with👏an👏automatic👏code👏of👏action,👏an👏automatic👏knowledge👏of👏what👏is👏good👏for👏it👏or👏evil.👏It👏has👏no👏power👏to👏extend👏its👏knowledge👏or👏to👏evade👏it.👏In👏conditions👏where👏its👏knowledge👏proves👏inadequate,👏it👏dies.👏But👏so👏long👏as👏it👏lives,👏it👏acts👏on👏its👏knowledge,👏with👏automatic👏safety👏and👏no👏power👏of👏choice,👏it👏is👏unable👏to👏ignore👏its👏own👏good,👏unable👏to👏decide👏to👏choose👏the👏evil👏and👏act👏as👏its👏own👏destroyer.👏

👏“Man👏has👏no👏automatic👏code👏of👏survival.👏His👏particular👏distinction👏from👏all👏other👏living👏species👏is👏the👏necessity👏to👏act👏in👏the👏face👏of👏alternatives👏by👏means👏of👏volitional👏choice.👏He👏has👏no👏automatic👏knowledge👏of👏what👏is👏good👏for👏him👏or👏evil,👏what👏values👏his👏life👏depends👏on,👏what👏course👏of👏action👏it👏requires.👏Are👏you👏prattling👏about👏an👏instinct👏of👏self-preservation?👏An👏instinct👏of👏self-preservation👏is👏precisely👏what👏man👏does👏not👏possess.👏An👏‘instinct’👏is👏an👏unerring👏and👏automatic👏form👏of👏knowledge.👏A👏desire👏is👏not👏an👏instinct.👏A👏desire👏to👏live👏does👏not👏give👏you👏the👏knowledge👏required👏for👏living.👏And👏even👏man’s👏desire👏to👏live👏is👏not👏automatic:👏your👏secret👏evil👏today👏is👏that👏that👏is👏the👏desire👏you👏do👏not👏hold.👏Your👏fear👏of👏death👏is👏not👏a👏love👏of👏life👏and👏will👏not👏give👏you👏the👏knowledge👏needed👏to👏keep👏it.👏Man👏must👏obtain👏his👏knowledge👏and👏choose👏his👏actions👏by👏a👏process👏of👏thinking,👏which👏nature👏will👏not👏force👏him👏t9👏perform.👏Man👏has👏the👏power👏to👏act👏as👏his👏own👏destroyer—and👏that👏is👏the👏way👏he👏has👏acted👏through👏most👏of👏his👏history.👏

👏“A👏living👏entity👏that👏regarded👏its👏means👏of👏survival👏as👏evil,👏would👏not👏survive.👏A👏plant👏that👏struggled👏to👏mangle👏its👏roots,👏a👏bird👏that👏fought👏to👏break👏its👏wings👏would👏not👏remain👏for👏long👏in👏the👏existence👏they👏affronted.👏But👏the👏history👏of👏man👏has👏been👏a👏struggle👏to👏deny👏and👏to👏destroy👏his👏mind.👏

👏“Man👏has👏been👏called👏a👏rational👏being,👏but👏rationality👏is👏a👏matter👏of👏choice—and👏the👏alternative👏his👏nature👏offers👏him👏is:👏rational👏being👏or👏suicidal👏animal.👏Man👏has👏to👏be👏man—by👏choice;👏he👏has👏to👏hold👏his👏life👏as👏a👏value—by👏choice:👏he👏has👏to👏learn👏to👏sustain👏it—by👏choice;👏he👏has👏to👏discover👏the👏values👏it👏requires👏and👏practice👏his👏virtues—by👏choice.👏

👏“A👏code👏of👏values👏accepted👏by👏choice👏is👏a👏code👏of👏morality.👏

👏“Whoever👏you👏are,👏you👏who👏are👏hearing👏me👏now,👏I👏am👏speaking👏to👏whatever👏living👏remnant👏is👏left👏uncorrupted👏within👏you,👏to👏the👏remnant👏of👏the👏human,👏to👏your👏mind,👏and👏I👏say:👏There👏is👏a👏morality👏of👏reason,👏a👏morality👏proper👏to👏man,👏and👏Man’s👏Life👏is👏its👏standard👏of👏value.👏

👏“All👏that👏which👏is👏proper👏to👏the👏life👏of👏a👏rational👏being👏is👏the👏good;👏all👏that👏which👏destroys👏it👏is👏the👏evil.👏

👏“Man’s👏life,👏as👏required👏by👏his👏nature,👏is👏not👏the👏life👏of👏a👏mindless👏brute,👏of👏a👏looting👏thug👏or👏a👏mooching👏mystic,👏but👏the👏life👏of👏a👏thinking👏being—not👏life👏by👏means👏of👏force👏or👏fraud,👏but👏life👏by👏means👏of👏achievement—not👏survival👏at👏any👏price,👏since👏there’s👏only👏one👏price👏that👏pays👏for👏man’s👏survival:👏reason.👏

👏“Man’s👏life👏is👏the👏standard👏of👏morality,👏but👏your👏own👏life👏is👏its👏purpose.👏If👏existence👏on👏earth👏is👏your👏goal,👏you👏must👏choose👏your👏actions👏and👏values👏by👏the👏standard👏of👏that👏which👏is👏proper👏to👏man—for👏the👏purpose👏of👏preserving,👏fulfilling👏and👏enjoying👏the👏irreplaceable👏value👏which👏is👏your👏life.👏

👏“Since👏life👏requires👏a👏specific👏course👏of👏action,👏any👏other👏course👏will👏destroy👏it.👏A👏being👏who👏does👏not👏hold👏his👏own👏life👏as👏the👏motive👏and👏goal👏of👏his👏actions,👏is👏acting👏on👏the👏motive👏and👏standard👏of👏death.👏Such👏a👏being👏is👏a👏metaphysical👏monstrosity,👏struggling👏to👏oppose,👏negate👏and👏contradict👏the👏fact👏of👏his👏own👏existence,👏running👏blindly👏amuck👏on👏a👏trail👏of👏destruction,👏capable👏of👏nothing👏but👏pain.👏

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
now THATS the funny post. close the thread emmy

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm not sure birds get irony.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

purple death ray posted:

slurs are not just inherently funny on their own, you just sound like a kid on Xbox live from 2006.

I think he was trying for Pewdiepie live in 2017.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Holy poo poo. Amazing work.