Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I got sch/smn to 70 today. Sometimes the best glams are the ones handed to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

Leofish posted:

If you bought the Sleipnir mount during the 30% off sale (or before, I guess), it's going to be able to fly come 4.1 in October.

Still doesn't have the right number of legs, but what are you gonna do?

Friggin FINALLY

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

WrightOfWay posted:

Finish Stormblood MSQ and you can pick up the quest that unlocks it in Rhalgr's Reach. I think the fights themselves require 300 ilevel.

Might be time to start gearing up the blm who's been neglected at 70 ever since cracked crystals became a thing.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leofish posted:

If you bought the Sleipnir mount during the 30% off sale (or before, I guess), it's going to be able to fly come 4.1 in October.

Still doesn't have the right number of legs, but what are you gonna do?

It's tempting, but despite how much time I dump into this game $17 is still really too much for a mount.

On the other hand, I'll be able to chuck sparkles at people from my broom, and that's pretty neat.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 20, 2017

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Velthice posted:

I got sch/smn to 70 today. Sometimes the best glams are the ones handed to you.

Tall club/gun club.

Kinda sad that it's the one class that I hadn't bothered setting up a fancy glamour on, because I just got new gear for it last night. Oh well, the Orthodox aiming stuff looks pretty good regardless.

edit: now on twitter for your tweeting pleasure. I'm internet famous now!

https://twitter.com/EorzeanModel/status/910349065677877249

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 20, 2017

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yuck. Elves.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Rastan Beeza posted:

Huh, why did all the dungeons and trials suddenly go from needing 4 chars for a team to 8 all of a sudden when I finished 2.0 ARR MSQ? I know I started doing some 8 teams with an instance battle and the last two 2.0 MSQ dungeons, but I thought that was an occasional thing.

What is up with that? Is it like that for all dungeons now, or because I'm picking up all these Hard mode versions?

anything labeled "dungeon" is 4-man by definition. There are a handful of 4-man trials in ARR but after lv50 everything labeled "trial" is 8man regardless of difficulty.

Praetorium and Castrum Meridianum are two bizarre exceptions to this rule, and there's nothing else like them in the whole game. Everybody knows they were a mistake.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I have nothing against Elezen but I have seen more in this thread recently than I have in game.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Just wondering, is there any goon presence on Exodus?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I have nothing against Elezen but I have seen more in this thread recently than I have in game.
Elezen are generally the rarest race in game overall. Female Duskwight Elezen are the least common combination, even less than both varieties of femroe. :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
And Highladies are the best race.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This is almost entirely my fault, since I like to stick random selfies onto my posts. I figure that if I'm telling people about, say, when to use Nocturnal vs. Diurnal sect, why not stick a picture of my neat Astrologian glamour of the moment on it? Unless it's really bugging people I guess.

According to the one census thingy there are slightly more Femelezen than Roegadames overall, although they're the two rarest race/gender combinations by far. On the other hand, goons love them some Femroes (for good reason!) so that's probably not the case on Excalibur. Personally I like Elezen because I think they look a bit more mature than the other races in a good way, but I'm weird.

Also, Velthice is a mad genius with /gpose and its Instagram filters and I'm just following in her footsteps.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I once thought about fantasiaing into a Elezen. This thread convinced me that not doing it was a good idea.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

According to the one census thingy there are slightly more Femelezen than Roegadames overall, although they're the two rarest race/gender combinations by far.
Yeah, that's why I specified Duskwight, since Wildwood Elezen are comparatively a lot more common. Same reason Roe aren't the least common race even if the femroes are rare as heck, since the guys get played fairly often.

Malthuras posted:

I once thought about fantasiaing into a Elezen. This thread convinced me that not doing it was a good idea.
Elezen can look pretty good, you just have to tinker in chargen. The default settings tend to be kind of bland compared to most of the races.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Mister No posted:

Just wondering, is there any goon presence on Exodus?

this used to be listed in the op and may still be alive with some goons

Shy fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 20, 2017

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Xillah posted:

I could actually move to Excalibur. It's the EU server, Omega, that's not on the list.

How bad would the lag be?

Late, and I see you already started the transfer. It's noticeable but playable. Unless you're planning to do high-end raiding, playing with goons on a server not in your region is definitely more helpful than playing on a random server close to you just for the ping.

For me, playing on Excalibur from Switzerland, all actions (especially interacting with items in the game world) have a noticeable delay, this is not a critical issue but it makes the game feel extra sluggish. It was bad before the server move, it's slightly worse now.

In some fights like Titan I have practically no reaction time to get out of circles before they hit, but occasions where I get hit by spells whose AoE markers I was out out of are not frequent anymore. Combat is generally fine, but when I try to cast spells as I stop/start moving, the lag is obvious. If you want to do poopsock content, the latency will cost you quite a bit of DPS, makes it more likely you'll miss a last second instant heal on a tank, etc.

The worst part definitely is dealing with off-GCD abilities though. Weaving more than one between GCDs is basically impossible, and even the one is not always working. Ninjas are especially bad here with mudras, they were bad when I was playing with 150 ms and they're atrocious at 200 ms. Often, the game takes a second+ just to notice I pushed the first mudra, so even single-mudra ninjutsus don't reliably fit between GCDs, and you have to actively clip the GCD for the 2-/3-mudra ones to make sure they're not going off in the wrong order and give you bunny ears.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I transferred from Excalibur to Omega and cannot in good conscience recommend any euro to play on Excalibur under any circumstance. While it's true that the margin of performance you lose isn't really necessary outside savage/extreme raiding, the impact to your moment to moment game experience is night and day. I used to think the game was really awkward and clunky, as surely some 150 latency can't make that big a difference. But no it isn't, and yes it can. I honestly cannot say if knowing what I know now I'd have stayed on Excalibur even if there was no goon presence on Omega, but coupled with timezone issues I'm leaning towards not.

Maybe if you're still young and wild and can stay up all night playing video games without hating yourself you could justify it, but I sure as hell can't. Gonna miss all you guys I had to leave behind though.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Hra Mormo posted:

I transferred from Excalibur to Omega and cannot in good conscience recommend any euro to play on Excalibur under any circumstance. While it's true that the margin of performance you lose isn't really necessary outside savage/extreme raiding, the impact to your moment to moment game experience is night and day. I used to think the game was really awkward and clunky, as surely some 150 latency can't make that big a difference. But no it isn't, and yes it can. I honestly cannot say if knowing what I know now I'd have stayed on Excalibur even if there was no goon presence on Omega, but coupled with timezone issues I'm leaning towards not.

Maybe if you're still young and wild and can stay up all night playing video games without hating yourself you could justify it, but I sure as hell can't. Gonna miss all you guys I had to leave behind though.

Yeah, I was poo-pooing the lag difference when we were building up to moving but it's really great having 25 ping.

Now we just need transfers to Omega to reopen

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Did someone say Elezen?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Anything is better than Roegadyn women.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Verranicus posted:

Not true, they are a close second to giraffes:

I'd have more action shots but I'm at work.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Wacky Delly posted:

Not true, they are a close second to giraffes:

I'd have more action shots but I'm at work.

I'm not partial to elezen but that's a great glam.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

UHD posted:

I'm not partial to elezen but that's a great glam.

No glam that is mostly a given set can be called "great," the only glams that matter are ones that make an entire suite of disparate source pieces look like they fit together. hth

e: just so I'm not solely making an unhelpful shitpost, try this-

Crimson Liberator:
Head: Amatsu Hachigane (FFXI crossover event) OR Gryphonskin Eyepatch (50*** LTW)
Body: Conqueror's Vest (Sohr Khai/Hullbreaker hard)
Weapon (covers hands): Sultan's Fists (i240 Anima) OR the freebie 70 fists
Feet: Replica Allagan or High Allagan, dyed Dalamud Red OR Valerian boots (Castrum Abania)

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 20, 2017

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The Monk AF2 clown pants are never a good idea. Unless you want to be a clown, then they're perfect.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Verranicus posted:

What? The Roegadame Paladin looks the most badass out of them all!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Roegadames are the only acceptable race.

I don't play one because I've not earned the right.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
roegadamaes, elefemmes, lalabelles, mi'ladies, hyers

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is Stormblood the first time anyone voice acted said Roegadyn? I remember thinking that's not how I've been pronouncing it.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
How are you guys getting the narrow vertical frames with gpose? Although now that I mention it, I suppose you could just be narrowing the FOV a lot? I'd also welcome any other gpose related tips, I never used it until a few days ago, now it's my favorite thing.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Mister Olympus posted:

No glam that is mostly a given set can be called "great," the only glams that matter are ones that make an entire suite of disparate source pieces look like they fit together. hth

I didn't know that and still think it looks cool :shrug:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Darksaber posted:

How are you guys getting the narrow vertical frames with gpose? Although now that I mention it, I suppose you could just be narrowing the FOV a lot? I'd also welcome any other gpose related tips, I never used it until a few days ago, now it's my favorite thing.

you can rotate the camera so that its 90 degrees from start.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!

Darksaber posted:

Rotate the camera to 150 Eorzean not-degrees in the gpose control window, take your selfies, then rotate it to vertical in your favorite image editor. This is absolutely essential if you're a selfie whore who plays as a Roe, Highlander, or Elezen.

Also, I need to get MCH to 60 so I can wear the Shire fedora and go around calling catgirls Mi'ladies. Or should it be Mila'dies?

Leofish posted:

Did someone say Elezen?

:syoon:

Elezen haters gonna be short and salty.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Darksaber posted:

Hit R to bring up a settings window. Use Q and E to rotate the camera, WASD to move it around, and mouse wheel to move it in and out. Space makes the subjects face the camera. Use /sit to reset your character if they're looping an emote or something you don't want. 1 freezes all animations, while 2 lets you freeze one subject at a time. You can also put up to three lights around the set. Almost all that can just be done from settings window.

If you want a vertical image, rotate your camera, snap a pic, then rotate it back using paint or whatever.

Also yes glamour pose is the best thing.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
hello fellow cowboy roegadyn

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

UHD posted:

I didn't know that and still think it looks cool :shrug:

Its the MNK set glamoured onto something else so it counts :colbert:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I love ff14forums.txt

https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/909899840225730561

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mister Olympus posted:

In my world a glamour is great if it isn't something that I've seen 12+ other people wear when going about my business in the game.

Like, it's not shisui, bikini, the Garlean Tekko or a maid outfit so it's at least 50% great (because skimpy top counts as either shisui or bikini.)

The only good glamours are my own glamours :colbert:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
let he who hasn't gotten a tank killed by casting "just one more" holy cast the first stone

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I was up in the middle of the night and managed to create a new character on Excalibur. I had no idea how long I had before it was locked again so I entered the first name that came to mind: Tali Whacker.

No turning back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If I were a tank*, I'd be downright proud if my WHM let me die because they were holying so much.

* = I'm not a tank because lol tanking when you can holy everything until either the enemies are dead or you are.