Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

after getting my Titan finished with the story and at 20 and all I'd like to at least have one other 20 before I start getting super into endgame stuff. How's the arc Warlock in D2? I loved that class in 1 but no clue how it carries over.

Rifts are obviously really important, and Arc Soul makes them even better. Pulse grenades do excellent DPS by themselves, too. Stormcaller is really solid in PVP and PVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hitchensgoespop posted:

2. Saw a warlock i think yesterday with an emote that was him drawing a bowl of noodles in neon and then eating them, it was loving legit.

Anyone can get that as a rare drop from bright engrams. All the exotic emotes involve some kind of neon accompaniment.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

Anyone can get that as a rare drop from bright engrams. All the exotic emotes involve some kind of neon accompaniment.

Except Salty *seasons you*

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

cvnvcnv posted:

Neon salt dummy

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

cvnvcnv posted:

Well it has salt particles so it's kind of the same deal.

My clan's tag is SALT. I really want that emote :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

after getting my Titan finished with the story and at 20 and all I'd like to at least have one other 20 before I start getting super into endgame stuff. How's the arc Warlock in D2? I loved that class in 1 but no clue how it carries over.

The paper hasn't gone through all the peer review but the research seems solid, hunters and warlocks are garbage and titans rule everything.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Here's the thing:

Striker > any warlock subclass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the other two titan subclasses.

gently caress hunters.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm a big fan of my Captain America Titan but Striker is also very good yea, and flaming hammer is quite nice if a bit dull when Warlocks have 'throw flaming poo poo' pretty on lock.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

Here's the thing:

Striker > any warlock subclass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the other two titan subclasses.

gently caress hunters.

A properly played Void is the top subclass but yes gently caress Hunters

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
FWC AR and an exotic from Cayde's stashes.

:smug:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ungh

have some

spicy ramen

Yeah eat that bowl

*tosses bowl onto burning corpse*

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

and flaming hammer is quite nice if a bit dull when Warlocks have 'throw flaming poo poo' pretty on lock.

Yeah this is the problem. Flaming hammers are aesthetically rad as hell but sunspots are a real dumb mechanic when the fire lock super lets you fly around raining death, and the other tree just seems kinda meh.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dismayed, can't shade raid blade.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

Lmbo. Level 3 warlock alt getting 7.0 kd.

Bungie, please, fix cruicable.

efficiency is ka/d and crucible is full of thumbless idiots atm.

Both destinytracker.com and guardian.gg are up and tracking now, I don't like the new guardian.gg interface though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Female awoken default dance sucks now and I wish I could change it

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

FWC AR and an exotic from Cayde's stashes.

:smug:

Noice.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 20, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yeah this is the problem. Flaming hammers are aesthetically rad as hell but sunspots are a real dumb mechanic when the fire lock super lets you fly around raining death, and the other tree just seems kinda meh.

To be fair, when you do manage to stand in a sunspot, the difference in the number of hammers you can throw is absurd.

But it doesn't make it less stupid, Destiny is built around movement.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

moist turtleneck posted:

Female awoken default dance sucks now and I wish I could change it

It's a carryover from the first game where the Awoken female has the worst dance as well

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

xzzy posted:

To be fair, when you do manage to stand in a sunspot, the difference in the number of hammers you can throw is absurd.

But it doesn't make it less stupid, Destiny is built around movement.

Yea I've pulled the occasional very cool moves off with sunspots but then I think 'oh right but my level 10 Warlock can do equally cool poo poo without having to make and sit in a pool of piss while everyone around them has jumpy fun shoot times...'

It's an extremely cool class and if the fire warlock didn't exist it'd be my favorite.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
On the other hand hunters make it rain light orbs

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Warlock is the loving best honestly. I just need to find gear that doesn't make me look like a padded parka wearing dork.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Calaveron posted:

On the other hand hunters make it rain light orbs

Waterboys of Destiny

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you get a sub 50 secure rate in supremacy it should delete your account

i love getting 100 percent secure rate on my 18 elims while some loving degenerate with a mida gets 47 percent on his 20 and thinks he's actually doing something

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

What do the Schmoradric Cubes do? How do I use them?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Huxley posted:

Has anyone actually used the "Find a fireteam" feature on Bungie.net? It gives a list of LFG and when you click join it gives you a prompt to join the fireteam, but I'm not sure how that translates over to the live game (and I'm sitting at work right now and can't test).
It doesn't, at least it didn't for me. I might have some weird security setting on but the leader had to send me a friend invite then add me via psn, same as normal lfg sites.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Duke posted:

It's a carryover from the first game where the Awoken female has the worst dance as well

At least in the first game you could pop a second or two of it and it looked like you were celebrating. Now i'm not sure what the gently caress it's meant to represent, i've had to use my custom slot with the thankyou emote.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JoeGlassJAw posted:

What do the Schmoradric Cubes do? How do I use them?

You have quite a treasure there.

Nothing, it's a joke item. Return it to Cayde for some glimmer.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
HOW come devrim never gave me the mida quest

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Darth Windu posted:

There should be a blue crown mission flag on your map called "enhance enhance"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

Did you finish all the post-campaign missions on Earth? They're the ones that show up on the map as the blue icon with a white crown on it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

did you do all the blue quests on earth?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i am glad to have received my sixth lion rampant, instead of one of the many many exotics i do not yet possess. thank you bungie

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Yeah I already did all the earth quests

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah I already did all the earth quests

and you've beaten the campaign and done all that post-game intro jazz?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Akuma posted:

Well it has salt particles so it's kind of the same deal.

My clan's tag is SALT. I really want that emote :(

Same except mine is TOTZ, Bungie please put that in the purchase pool next month when I’ll have enough to buy it thanks

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

and you've beaten the campaign and done all that post-game intro jazz?

I think so yeah. The only purple crown is on Titan

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

AR owns and I regularly have a 66 round clip

pulse rifle shreds due to Having outlaw and kill clip

The rocket launcher has cocoon and cluster bombs and is therefore the best in the game

The sword has both of the best sword perks in one

Apparently the sniper has some insane ADS speed and AA but I dunno because I don't loving have it

I think the SMG is extremely good?!!!

The SMG is super super good, as is the sword. The AR, I'm not as hot about but it's still pretty solid.

More than anything I want the rocket launcher....

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

strangemusic posted:

The SMG is super super good, as is the sword. The AR, I'm not as hot about but it's still pretty solid.

It's really either nameless midnight or the raid AR if you're doing PvE, I guess unless you're going with an exotic primary

The exotic raid shotgun is so loving good, they need to unbug the drat quest so I can unlock the perks and the second shot in the mag :getin:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Darth Windu posted:

Because he doesn't. After you get the mini-tool, go to the Gunsmith in the Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

strangemusic posted:

The raid rocket, sniper, and sword are all top tier. I'm #blessed that despite not getting clan engrams, I still have all the weapons except the pulse