Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Late to housing chat, but lol @ all your rich people places. My current 6-month solution is 270 square feet for 1050. Yes, that's Euros. About 1300 bucks for an actual hole in the wall. I mean, it's newly-renovated, inner city with a balcony and in a green enclosure, but loving lol Munich. Rent prices are an absolute joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
congrats, you live in a parking space. I thought that microstudio poo poo was just a bay area/seattle/new york/japan thing, but I guess cramming bodies into high rises is pretty profitable everywhere

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Late to housing chat, but lol @ all your rich people places. My current 6-month solution is 270 square feet for 1050. Yes, that's Euros. About 1300 bucks for an actual hole in the wall. I mean, it's newly-renovated, inner city with a balcony and in a green enclosure, but loving lol Munich. Rent prices are an absolute joke.

Holy poo poo Duzzy, that's a small apartment.

If you lived in my area for an extra $450 you could pay the mortgage on a big giant house and yard in a zero crime area.

You ever visit the states again come to Southwest Tennessee it's my favorite place in the U.S., minus the weed laws. CO, CA, WA, NV, and, OR are way better in that department. But I can live like a king here and put money away too.

I bet downtown Munich is better, but goddamn that cost of living.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It's really just the ludicrous rent that wrecks the cost of living, especially now. The job owns a whole lot, but I caught the absolute worst loving time to look for an apartment.

The next semester starts in Oktober just after reunion day, so all the students are flooding the market wir searches and requests, and on top of that, it's Oktoberfest, so literally every single loving thing is booked.
Check out hotel prices for shits n giggles. Inflation for even single nights in hostels is through the roof, so I decided to just settle into a stupidly-overpriced serviced apartment for 6 months, and postpone a permanent solution until February or so.

I almost landed a really good place on the outskirts, but right next to a subway stop, 2 rooms, 800 square feet and balcony for 850 Euros, which would have been amazing, but it wasn't available until November 1st.

Job still owns, wrecked a Rolls for science on friday, hosted a delegation of high tier Japanese dudes from a supplier on Monday. Our go-to guy in charge was sick, so my colleague decided I was master of ceremony and protocol like an hour before because "my English is good" and he didn't know poo poo about customs.
Improvised the gently caress out of it, had a whole bunch of awkward moments, but still a weird fun day.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
TDY in Brooklyn for another week. Need pizza recommendations, will take subway. Done Grimaldi's (I know), di Fara, Sottocasa, Williamsburg and table 87.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Evil SpongeBob posted:

TDY in Brooklyn for another week. Need pizza recommendations, will take subway. Done Grimaldi's (I know), di Fara, Sottocasa, Williamsburg and table 87.

Go hit up some kosher delis in south Brooklyn for a hot pastrami on rye. Let your nose be your guide. Also look for fresh bagels from one of the hole in the wall bagel shops.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Said gently caress it and got a new WD 1TB SSD. I'm not one to have terabytes upon terabyes of data. SSD has gone down in price a lot, definitely, but wish it went down a bit more. 1 TB is $300-400 depending on if you want USB 3.1 i think?
Hell yes. I finally got around to swapping in an SSD to my desktop as the system drive after finally getting fed up with it taking ten minutes to become usable after booting. Now all of my computers are booting from SSDs and I'm a happy camper. :)

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Go to the dollar slice place on the corner of Fulton and Nostrand. It's one dollar per slice. Extrapolate that to a whole pie (hint: that's a whopping eight dollars). To be clear: it is definitely not the best pizza in NYC, but it's by far the most bang for your buck.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Job still owns, wrecked a Rolls for science on friday,

Wait what?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Stop bitching, I live in a space maybe 2m by 2m

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

nwiniwn posted:

Wait what?

There's some kids in Ethiopia that could use that car :mad:

Two Finger posted:

Stop bitching, I live in a space maybe 2m by 2m

What is this in freedom units?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

nwiniwn posted:

Wait what?

Occasionally, I go out to join the engineers for field analysis on the testing track, and some of those tests involve driving cars over simulated obstacles.

Sometimes, this kills the car.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Duzzy you literally have my dream job, congratulations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't actually drive any of the cars yet, I'm only licensed for the two closest proving grounds and non-camouflaged vehicles so far, I might not be eligible for the development driving license after all, because I'm technically supposed to manage the testing, not go out and get my hands dirty myself, but my team leader already requested a number of trainings for high-speed/crossdynamics testing that got granted, so there's still a lot of optional fun driving, I just won't get to drive actual loving batmobiles in public.

But with poo poo hitting the fan increasingly, the workload is gonna get a bit more intense in the next couple of months

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
basically Duzzy gets to pretend he's an American driver in expensive cars

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wrecking fancy cars? What are you a Bay Area Chinese trophy wife?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A lot of the firms I am applying to have a distinct requirement to exercise discretion with sensitive financial statements.

I have a secret security clearance.

Should I put that on my resumé? And if so, how and where?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

A lot of the firms I am applying to have a distinct requirement to exercise discretion with sensitive financial statements.

It never hurts, unless you're applying to a company that does a lot of work on behalf of foreign entities (for example, lobbying for foreign governments, managing their finances, or whatever). In that case, they may assume you don't want to risk losing it and might pass you over.

I usually just put it at the top in the same section as my certifications.

psydude fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 21, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Throw it into the qualifications. If you had SCI access or a polygraph, you can mention those.

Those last two are more for three letter agency jobs, but it can't hurt and as long as your statement isn't more descriptive than "Top Secret security clearance with SCI access / Counterintelligence polygraph", you're not making it classified.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

iOS 11 on my iPhone 7+ feels way laggier. ~Is Apple doing it again???~

[quote="“redneck nazgul”" post="“476613849”"]
Those last two are more for three letter agency jobs, but it can’t hurt and as long as your statement isn’t more descriptive than “Top Secret security clearance with SCI access / Counterintelligence polygraph”, you’re not making it classified.
[/quote]

I think you’d probably have to be a little more descriptive than that. Unless the hiring manager is prior military they’re probably not going to know what SCI means and how it’s relevant.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I think you’d probably have to be a little more descriptive than that. Unless the hiring manager is prior military they’re probably not going to know what SCI means and how it’s relevant.

You can break out the acronym for SCI but nothing more specific than that: Anyone who knows clearances knows what it means, anyone who doesn't will either see clearance and go "Cool!" or ignore it outright.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Good job Cole, you just broke the requirement rule.

Make your clearance a bullet point in the skills/certifications section of your resume.
blah blah XXX clearance since XXXX

Weather continues to be oddly chill in this state, curse you global warming?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

[quote="“redneck nazgul”" post="“476614273”"]
You can break out the acronym for SCI but nothing more specific than that: Anyone who knows clearances knows what it means, anyone who doesn’t will either see clearance and go “Cool!” or ignore it outright.
[/quote]

I mean with a line like “cleared for access to sensitive programs with additional scrutiny through SCI,” not by specifically naming programs. There’s a way to make it sound more fancy to the person who doesn’t know clearances.

But really, it’s probably not worth using the space.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If I were a three letter intelligence agency and I only took paper fingerprints what agency would I be?

Literally asking for a friend. Trying to figure out who the potential client is :ninja:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vasudus posted:

If I were a three letter intelligence agency and I only took paper fingerprints what agency would I be?

Literally asking for a friend. Trying to figure out who the potential client is :ninja:

ATF. No budget, no electronic records.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

ATF. No budget, no electronic records.

Coulda sworn FBI required paper fingerprints too? huh.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

If only gip's true hero OPSEC WIZARD would return from exile and save us all.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

If only gip's true hero OPSEC WIZARD would return from exile and save us all.

Gleep Glop rarely posts so OPSEC WIZARD isn't coming back.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The true lost champion of gip remains whoever did the HoneyBoy Bradley & 50 foot ant alts.
Now watch it come out that grover of all people was the genius behind them.
:commissar:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

50FA stories were too accurate about how the army sucked to be Grover.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

50FA stories were too accurate about how the army sucked to be Grover.

Perhaps Grover was the false flag poster of a legit vet who was so disturbed by events he experienced in military service that he intentionally lied about his experiences as well as something something something i've lost the thread of how to explain Grover in a conspiracy nut way.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Groverhaus was built on a soundstage. You can see the matte painting in the background you poor gullible fools.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

If IDR could fake out gip for years, welp....
I just don't know.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

If IDR could fake out gip for years, welp....
I just don't know.

:ninja:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

It's busy re-caching all your poo poo plus learning your behaviors. It'll get faster once it's done.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Gleep Glop rarely posts so OPSEC WIZARD isn't coming back.

HDI is the OPSEC WIZARD though.

We all figured it out in the Battlefield 4 days when he was drunk and talked about loving a fat chick under the wrong account.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm assuming NSA WIZARD is Shim.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

No NSA wizard is real and he is the NSA equivalent of an e-4 :colbert:

I want to believe.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Late to housing/neighbor chat, but I have an old chinese neighbor next door who cooks amazing food for us occassionally. On the other side is a bunch of Thai and Cambodian immigrants that share a group house and work most of the time. They're pretty nice and whenever I'm grilling at the same time they are, we exchange whatever we're grilling with one another.

We pay 2400 for a two (three if you count the finished attic) bedroom house. It's expensive as poo poo, but I have a nice yard and I can walk to the metro or bars, so it's worth it for now.

Also, watched The Accountant last night. The shooting parts were cool, but that plot, :wtf:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also, watched The Accountant last night. The shooting parts were cool, but that plot, :wtf:

It's great fun if you realize it's basically a 2 hour commercial marketed directly to get me to buy a Barrett.

It succeeded in that regard :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We should kidnap IDR and leave him in Syria.

• Locked thread