Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Tofu Survivor posted:

Man I live in RI and there's an IHOP in Providence and a Denny's in North Providence. If RI has both of these things there's no way the other states don't.

Well yeah, I think MA has like one of each too. But that's one. For the whole state. The way these people talk, Waffle Houses down south are like Dunkin Donuts up here. I live halfway to nowhere, Upstate NY and I could walk to a real-deal diner, and in less than 30 minutes drive to at least 5 or 6 others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kzersatz posted:

drat true, in Michigan there is a place called Fleetwood Diner, that place has the best hash I've ever had.

Afghan or Humbolt?

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.

beep-beep car is go posted:

Well yeah, I think MA has like one of each too. But that's one. For the whole state. The way these people talk, Waffle Houses down south are like Dunkin Donuts up here. I live halfway to nowhere, Upstate NY and I could walk to a real-deal diner, and in less than 30 minutes drive to at least 5 or 6 others.

Unfortunately I'm out in the boonies so there's nothing within immediate range, but I can drive like 20 minutes to a small local place that has pretty good breakfast.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice
Hippie

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Texas and Florida have both IHOP and waffle house plus huddle house in old waffle house buildings.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Raffleticket retrieved from in town at the hospital

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

DICK DICER posted:

Raffleticket retrieved from in town at the hospital

I a going to be jacking in solidarity when you are jacking the camper up and down.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I Bought A Truck: Bad Breakfast Decisions ITT

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This thread never fails to deliver.. Thing sent to address.. Ends up in town at hospital where friend of landowner works.. kuz why not.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I bought a truck - Just jacking it for a whiffle

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

tater_salad posted:

This thread never fails to deliver.. Thing sent to address.. Ends up in town at hospital where friend of landowner works.. kuz why not.

Friends wife of son of land owner lol

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

I can't get over how flat and desolate everything looks. As someone who lived in Seattle inch, how is biking where it's all practically perfectly flat?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

beep-beep car is go posted:

I can't get over how flat and desolate everything looks. As someone who lived in Seattle inch, how is biking where it's all practically perfectly flat?

I can absolutely assure you it is not

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

kzersatz posted:

drat true, in Michigan there is a place called Fleetwood Diner, that place has the best hash I've ever had.

Line is always insane there. I've only been able to get it once.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I'd be willing to bet money that the food there is really good.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice

Larrymer posted:

Line is always insane there. I've only been able to get it once.

Wife and I have been to the one in Ann Arbor, and Lansing, given, they're always at like 10PM when were craving pancakes

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Locator posted:

They make a drat fine ribeye

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

There's a place in Toronto that's kind of the same, it's called the Lakeview diner (it does not have a lake view), open 24h

So good for that 4am I'M DRUNK AND WANT CHICKEN AND WAFFLES AND A BEER craving.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

kzersatz posted:

Wife and I have been to the one in Ann Arbor, and Lansing, given, they're always at like 10PM when were craving pancakes

Been to the A2 one for actual breakfast once. Late night was always silly packed and I'd end up having to get drunk food elsewhere.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
I don't know what this is all about claiming all of New England has diners. The real ones peter out in Connecticut and by Massachusetts what we have is miserable little things that only sell breakfast crap and close at 2PM. I do live one exit away from an IHOP, for what that's worth...

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Has the thread discussed the FEMA wafflehouse test yet, because that's my favorite Wafflehouse Thing

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol finally heading back to town got stranded due to my 5th flat and had to walk to Mr tire because I left my loving 15mm back at camp

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The Locator posted:

It is not.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Did you try the ribeye? :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
6th. loving. Flat.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Birdchat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dYWhkSbTU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

6th. loving. Flat.

Get this man some no flat tires!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Red_October_7000 posted:

I don't know what this is all about claiming all of New England has diners. The real ones peter out in Connecticut and by Massachusetts what we have is miserable little things that only sell breakfast crap and close at 2PM. I do live one exit away from an IHOP, for what that's worth...

NH's Red Arrow would like to have a word with you. I've had many a drunken meal after closing time there when I lived in Manchester. Open 24/7 and, at least the last time I was there, had solid diner grub.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What size tires again? I've got some puncture-resistant 26" conti contacts hanging on a wall that I'll never use.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The boneranger hardcases off the trek are troopers. These loving continentals have been garbage.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

nm posted:

Dave, can that bike clear a 700x42? I f so, I got some used gravel tires.

Slim Pickens posted:

What size tires again? I've got some puncture-resistant 26" conti contacts hanging on a wall that I'll never use.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

700x32 but the bonerangers are 35. I'm thinking about the 42s, they should fit just fine

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Memento posted:

Out of curiousity, what year was this? I've been working since 1997 and I have never received an actual cheque for my pay, except for one time in late 1999 when the upload to the bank didn't work for whatever reason so my boss paid us all by cheque then gave us a long lunch hour to go to the bank and deposit it. Direct deposit all the way, even when I worked casually as a factory hand or at a late-night petrol station.

I worked for a corporate owned store, they still did paper checks (and pay stubs) until the mid 00s as an option, and offered direct deposit "as a benefit" once you'd been there 3 months. I had direct deposit, but a lot of the insiders (cooks, phones, etc) didn't.

They don't issue checks or even paystubs at all anymore - you can have the manager print off a pay stub, but your only options to get paid there now are direct deposit or have them put it on one of those scummy reloadable prepaid debit cards that charge fees for every tiny little thing.

The Pizza Hut franchise I worked for a few years ago only did paper checks. They're a large franchise, but only managers could get direct deposit. And they were drawn on some bank that nobody has ever heard of (Happy State Bank) - I stumbled across a building with their name on it once, but there was no bank branch in there, just offices.

Real Name Grover posted:

Naw man, Waffle Houses are for you Southerners. We don't have a single one in all of Nebraska. poo poo, there are only, like, two Denny's too. It's all Perkins, Village Inn and Cracker Barrel. Not the same :(

Village Inn is pretty good for a chain. My hometown still has several.

I have a Denny's and a Waffle House within walking distance. Then there's this place about 10 minutes away.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Texas and Florida have both IHOP and waffle house plus huddle house in old waffle house buildings.

(Far) West Texas doesn't have Waffle House. I'd never seen one until I moved to Dallas (grew up in El Paso). I don't think you'll find one west of Midland/Odessa?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hasslehof back at camp and my bank card finally showed up

the sky is falling

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's gonna turn out to be the first one they sent, which is now canceled, right?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nope, it worked

FOLLOW UP QUESTION WHY WOULD YOU ROLL PIN THE HEFFALUMP IN PLACE

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Superior American Engineering.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless