Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
darthbob is somehow both of these kids.
https://youtu.be/iFZMhe1WeCQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

I need a Ken Burns narrator explaining to me what a rimshot is for me to truly get it.

The new guy is not as good as Keith David. He was all right for Prohibition, but totally wrong for Vietnam.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

the old ceremony posted:

this post is high art hat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just winced so hard i drew blood

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jose posted:

forum poster yeah i eat rear end doesn't want to talk about assholes

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Were you worried people wouldn't know what a rim shot is?

SpacePig posted:

I mean, gently caress, there's a smiley for it.
:rimshot:

e:
Even one for you, Bob.
:downsrim:

:(

SpacePig posted:

darthbob is somehow both of these kids.
https://youtu.be/iFZMhe1WeCQ

Exactly what I was hoping for.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

is he jerking off or stimming

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Jastiger dies on weird hills all the time. He's the Cuthbert Allgood of SA.

David Bowie Knife
May 22, 2010

KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME
:suicide::suicide::suicide:
KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

SMOKE CRACK IS A BTICH

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

snergle posted:

is he jerking off or stimming

Probably he's actually twitchy as a result of being on absurd amounts of amphetamines.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Caufman posted:

The new guy is not as good as Keith David. He was all right for Prohibition, but totally wrong for Vietnam.

The narrator feels more like a "character" in itself in Ken Burn's other work, I think the oddness comes more from the fact that Vietnam doesn't really do that (it can't really do that) than the narrator himself.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

darthbob88 posted:

Probably he's actually twitchy as a result of being on absurd amounts of amphetamines.

TCC went over Hitler's drug cocktail and even they were pretty impressed.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

TCC went over Hitler's drug cocktail and even they were pretty impressed.

This is pretty impressive because this is the same group of people that were pouring powdered drugs into their eyes because they didn't understand what "eyeballing" an amount meant.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I heard one of them took acid once and thinks he's a glass of orange juice.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is pretty impressive because this is the same group of people that were pouring powdered drugs into their eyes because they didn't understand what "eyeballing" an amount meant.

I hope there's a relevant quote to this story, because I'd very much like to read whatever exchange lead you to learn this.

XenoXiaoyu
Mar 28, 2006

Give us your HANDS
Anyone have the quote of the young girl growing up in a bad household where she had to take care of her siblings and grows up to take care of her husband? And the husband grows up where his mom has to take care of everything and he grows up as a man child? And the cycle repeats? Can't find it anywhere.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Go back 3-4 pages, it was posted recently.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I hope there's a relevant quote to this story, because I'd very much like to read whatever exchange lead you to learn this.

At work, but I know is in the Sagas thread. I'll dig it up sometime tonight.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

SpacePig posted:

This never happened, the chain of events was something like TCC finding a drug that needed to be dosed in micrograms, FYAD started making fun of them for eyeballing the amounts using poo poo like "oh fill the top circle of an 8 on a credit card", and GBS apes the thread but totally missed what "eyeballing" meant and assumed it meant putting it in your eye like the poo poo from the first episode of Cowboy Bebop. MAYBE like one poor soul actually tried it.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

it's from the phenazepam/JOOSE threads, if that helps

there is also a great quote from a dude who took too much and woke up days later to find he had (unsuccessfully) tried to buy a grand piano from ebay despite the fact that it was bigger than his apartment

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ocarina

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

This never happened, the chain of events was something like TCC finding a drug that needed to be dosed in micrograms, FYAD started making fun of them for eyeballing the amounts using poo poo like "oh fill the top circle of an 8 on a credit card", and GBS apes the thread but totally missed what "eyeballing" meant and assumed it meant putting it in your eye like the poo poo from the first episode of Cowboy Bebop. MAYBE like one poor soul actually tried it.

Awwwwww, that sucks. I thought it was a thing that actually happened. Like a PI mod killing a bird with a heater.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've only seen one quote from someone who legitimately thought that's what eyeballing meant, and it's always possible they were being a smart rear end. Like the rest of the stuff in the Joose threads it's been told and retold so many times it's become a tall tale.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

sadly, that's not from SA. :(

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-735246.html

quote:

Hospitalised me 3 times, this one is potent chaps, don't listen to them stupid people talking about eye balling. As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital.

theflyingorc has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Sep 28, 2017

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

purple death ray posted:

I've only seen one quote from someone who legitimately thought that's what eyeballing meant, and it's always possible they were being a smart rear end.

Someone not being earnest on the SA forums?! What heresy is this?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
[quote="“CaptainViolence”" post="“476859456”"]
it’s from the phenazepam/JOOSE threads, if that helps

there is also a great quote from a dude who took too much and woke up days later to find he had (unsuccessfully) tried to buy a grand piano from ebay despite the fact that it was bigger than his apartment
[/quote]

Hell, you don't need joose for that. One of the hosts of a podcast I listen to got blackout drunk and bought two (2) pianos on eBay.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

SpacePig posted:

It's a staple of threads like this, but with phenazapram or whatever it was, you needed amounts in the milligram/Liter for a dose and it required very precise measurements or to add a poo poo-ton of water/alcohol to dilute it. Instead of precisely measuring how much of this insane drug to add to a diluting liquid, some people would 'eyeball it' by adding the ratio that looked right.

So forums users misread one insane practice (not precisely measuring how much of this drug you should be taking) with a different insane practice (taking the hopefully correct ratio'd dose and injecting/inserting it into the eyes).

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

CaptainViolence posted:

it's from the phenazepam/JOOSE threads, if that helps
people who haven't read joose threads probably have a hard time believing they actually happened

here's where the thead got its "not Monday anywhere" title:

CascadingStyleSheet posted:

I bought a sheet of Che Guevara blotter paper off the net to apply mine to once it arrives. I got that one because it's just a simple black and white of the iconic picture everyone knows and I'm worried about ingesting a load of toxic ink. I have no idea how they print them but it seems like an unhealthy thing to eat. I would have gotten a blank sheet if I could. I sure as hell wouldn't make my own with an inkjet printer.

-----

I just had one square so i'll see if I turn into a ragging zombie.

-----

Took this shiuff on friday, maybe onyta a few git or ` 10 I don;r remenef Now a day leter and i feell on other planet, track a 6 pod tea to sttle down. Cant barlwly walk or anthing.

I can't have goone far or downwaything
Thisi stuff with will wreck you and make
Thnkgg I just need freech air

-----

I kook my first does friday and now it suddenly monday,I ‘m still too cross-eyed to write properly but never really had any positive effect during that time. Cant’ wait for this poo poo ti sbe to gone so I can juct get on wth wahat i’m doing.
Had a few fhours oa work and feel better. Very hard to forn any thoughtsm feel dizzy and crosseyed and very tried. I reality hope ll these clocks are correct.
Total zonbification.
Don’t think i’ll do again. Nasy Hangover at this amount.

[editorial note: at the time this was written, it was not Monday. Anywhere.]

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Sep 29, 2017

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Maxwells Demon posted:

or to add a poo poo-ton of water/alcohol to dilute it

It's insoluble in water, barely soluble in alcohol. Some goons were able to dissolve it in propylene glycol or Everclear but wound up ODing anyway because it takes several hours to take effect, days to wear off, doesn't give you a buzz, and side effects include loss of inhibition, poor coordination, and amnesia. So they'd dose, then take more an hour later, then take more an little later, then forget they took that so take some more, taking larger doses each time and this could go on for several days.

Lots of crashed cars, restraining orders, and really funny eBay purchases.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
TCC is three addicts standing in a circle, each of them looking at the other two and thinking "thank god I'm not some junkie like those guys".

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Guy Mann posted:

TCC is three addicts standing in a circle, each of them looking at the other two and thinking "thank god I'm not some junkie like those guys".

Time works the same way.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

a very clear thinker posted:

I'm worried about ingesting a load of toxic ink

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
What a dope, every decent junkie knows you consume small amounts of ink in order to develop a resistance

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

XenoXiaoyu posted:

Anyone have the quote of the young girl growing up in a bad household where she had to take care of her siblings and grows up to take care of her husband? And the husband grows up where his mom has to take care of everything and he grows up as a man child? And the cycle repeats? Can't find it anywhere.

It is not that great of a quote, people who have dead parents or a parent who disappears tend to do OK, the people that repeat the pattern that the quote describes are the people who did have their parents physically present, but were constantly neglected and could never figure out why. Like the four-year-olds who grow up with a hoarder parents, and they're already desperately trying to scrub the floor.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Syd Midnight posted:

It's insoluble in water, barely soluble in alcohol. Some goons were able to dissolve it in propylene glycol or Everclear but wound up ODing anyway because it takes several hours to take effect, days to wear off, doesn't give you a buzz, and side effects include loss of inhibition, poor coordination, and amnesia. So they'd dose, then take more an hour later, then take more an little later, then forget they took that so take some more, taking larger doses each time and this could go on for several days.

Lots of crashed cars, restraining orders, and really funny eBay purchases.

WTF? No buzz and it causes temporary dementia? What's the loving point of taking this poo poo? :psyduck:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

XenoXiaoyu posted:

I posted it recently, click for my posts.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Outrail posted:

WTF? No buzz and it causes temporary dementia? What's the loving point of taking this poo poo? :psyduck:

They wanted to see what its like to president of the united states

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Outrail posted:

It's Friday
"I'll just try it once to see what it feels like, as a laugh"
An hour passes
"I'll just try it once to see what it feels like, as a laugh"
Now it's Thursday and you own a baby grand piano

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
That really was the funniest poo poo, because people were posting those loving HORRIBLE trip reports, and I swear the first response from multiple people was like: WHERE CAN I GET SOME?

Arm reduction, ladies and gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

It was used in Russia to detox people from alcohol iirc.

It is not pleasant but then it isn't supposed to be it's to keep you from dying of the DTs like librium or diazepam.

God only knows what would make you want to use it recreationally.