Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dick Trauma posted:

I noticed that I could have a second retainer so I wanted to find out what strategies people use with them. I have botanist, leatherworker and carpenter and intend to pick up pretty much all the gathering and crafting jobs since I enjoy noodling around with them. Should I make this next retainer a gatherer?

I have a Black Mage retainer for hand me down gear and a Miner retainer so I can replenish my shards every hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well poo poo I missed this. The fight music isn't Antipyretic but it's my second choice instead :getin:

And did that big brawl feature TWO Cruise Chasers?

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

If it's possible at all it'll be downed within 48 hours of the patch dropping.

The question is if more than 5ish groups will clear it in the next month.

The devs are expecting 72 and they've been preeetty close to right on the money for their raid clear predictions lately.

And way more than five groups will clear it within a month.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

>Bahamultimate Twintania auto-attacks for 25k (32k crit) on non-Tanks

Oh God.

>Twisters and stack mechanic happen at the same time

Oh God.

>Death Sentence hits for nearly 100k unmitigated and applies a Slashing debuff that makes his auto-attacks hit four times harder

Oh Go- well, no, that's just Partydad's Stormsplitter on steroids.

>Yoship says this is the only easy part of the fight(s), and it's right at the start

Oh God.

re-used mechanics and content that just hits harder. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

FaintlyQuaint posted:

The devs are expecting 72 and they've been preeetty close to right on the money for their raid clear predictions lately.

And way more than five groups will clear it within a month.

then how is it a super hard boss? I judge hardness based on how long top groups take to kill something. Didn't a4s take a few weeks? And this is supposed to be harder?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 29, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
source your quotes lmao

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Didn't an overtuned fight kill raiding on smaller servers a while back? My memory is hazy.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

re-used mechanics and content that just hits harder. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

then how is it a super hard boss? I judge hardness based on how long top groups take to kill something. Didn't a4s take a few weeks? And this is supposed to be harder?

A4S took a long time to clear because it had a hard dps minimum that was not possible without gearing up.

This is launching while everyone at that level of raiding is in bis gear so it will be 100% figuring out mechanics. Unless it's tuned incorrectly.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

a4s 'required' progression gear to clear, which would take weeks to acquire. there's no ilvl increase in this patch, so there's no real reason it would take weeks to clear. it didn't take people weeks to figure out a4s, it took weeks to get the numbers to reasonably do it.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7NlIr9JtE

I love this game's weird-rear end glitches.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Didn't an overtuned fight kill raiding on smaller servers a while back? My memory is hazy.

The first two sets of Alexander were generally acknowledged to be horrifically overtuned. A6S killed a lot of statics, including mine, and while I never raided during Midas I'm told that A3S was also horrific.

I think Unending Coil is much less likely to do that because Deltascape Savage exists and has a pretty good difficulty curve.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the world firsters are going to clear in 72 hours because they have the appropriate level of gear for the fight and 72 hours is equivalent to a solid month or two for most groups just in raw hours.

assuming they sleep and eat 8 hours a day, the world firsters will take 48 hours of mechanics practice, which is 5-6 weeks equivalent for a normal 3x3hr/week static.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

So the turtle people are the first beast tribe of SB

Which means someday i really can glam into a ninja turtle

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wish they'd break convention and release the crafting beast tribe early for this expansion cycle, because all my boys are 60+ now and I really don't feel like leveling the hard way, but I know they won't :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

then how is it a super hard boss?

because they're expecting it will take the 8 best players to have ever played the game three days of play to beat the content. there's however many million/hundred thousand players active in the game and of that player base, the % of players who will ever kill it before the game dies is probably well under 1%.

like, if you can even unlock it, you're part of an extremely privileged group of players with a skill level well above almost every other player of the game and you're talking in a thread where people have a level of interest well above most who play the game too. It's content for 0.01% of the player base. (I ain't gonna see it and I don't care to)

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 29, 2017

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I don't want any of the games from the ShopTo promotion. I pay my subscription by direct debit every month - if I buy the 60 day time card from the promo will that pause my payments for 60 days or do I have to stop my subscription manually?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Dr Snofeld posted:

I don't want any of the games from the ShopTo promotion. I pay my subscription by direct debit every month - if I buy the 60 day time card from the promo will that pause my payments for 60 days or do I have to stop my subscription manually?

It should. If you're on the basic plan (the cheaper one that only lets you have 1 character per server) you have to switch to the more expensive one and then back when the 60 days is up.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Does the ShopTo promotion work for people outside the EU? I also missed the Amazon promotion and would like the armor/fancy cloud.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

A4S was tuned in a way to continuously kill you by virtue of your character's item level not being adequate for the challenge. You couldn't outskill A4S murdering your entire raid from full HP with vit melds, shields and raidwide damage reductions with its aoe. 48-60 hours of progression is hard when you're already at maximum item level ala Ultimate. You can't "gear up" to meet/beat the challenge until 4.2 at a minimum. You either beat it on player skill or you just don't win. Mechanics can only be so challenging without being impossible, essentially. They can't just make the numbers higher because you can't gear up to make it any more survivable.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Note Block posted:

Does the ShopTo promotion work for people outside the EU? I also missed the Amazon promotion and would like the armor/fancy cloud.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/298950-About-the-EU-campaign-for-maid-outfit-and-fat-chocobo?p=4417086#post4417086

doesn't look like it. fuckin sucks since it'll probably never show up in the store

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

That's a loving bummer.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

Well poo poo I missed this. The fight music isn't Antipyretic but it's my second choice instead :getin:

They have to save the good poo poo for well... The Good poo poo.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've not raided since t9s in coil, but I see the choreography pulled off in a3s and neo ex death and it blows my drat mind. I feel like theres a mechanical limit being skirted, only so many ways you can fill an arena with orange areas and have it feel new.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jinh posted:

I've not raided since t9s in coil, but I see the choreography pulled off in a3s and neo ex death and it blows my drat mind. I feel like theres a mechanical limit being skirted, only so many ways you can fill an arena with orange areas and have it feel new.

You're right.

We need a raid that requires you to solve a towers of Hanoi puzzle while killing the boss.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

You're right.

We need a raid that requires you to solve a towers of Hanoi puzzle while killing the boss.

Lol

SWTOR really wasn't a very good game, huh

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://twitter.com/dammitkallie/status/913316693941686273

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Lol

SWTOR really wasn't a very good game, huh

I caused so many wipes in the minefield as OT... :negative:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This is great.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Haha who says macros suck

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Thundarr posted:

And did that big brawl feature TWO Cruise Chasers?

I'm still trying to figure out which one that is myself, i feel bad that I can't ID it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The worst part? They were a whm

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think you could probably do a lot better with yugioh macros than just having one that says YU-GI-OH {Draw}!!

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

I don't understand. Do you take insult to me calling this patch out for what it is? That being garbage, and would prefer connoisseurs of garbage to flock to this game so that you might be among people of your own tastes, and not have to drag your eyes across all this wrong-think? Just because WoW players eat garbage doesn't mean we have to.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pikavangelist posted:

I don't understand. Do you take insult to me calling this patch out for what it is? That being garbage, and would prefer connoisseurs of garbage to flock to this game so that you might be among people of your own tastes, and not have to drag your eyes across all this wrong-think? Just because WoW players eat garbage doesn't mean we have to.

*nods politely while considering how to spend tomestones*

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gotta stick to the gimmick

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Pikavangelist posted:

Holy poo poo, the official forums never stop giving.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Holy poo poo, the official forums never stop giving.

To the females who are saying that a relationship is something that develops naturally out of a normal friendship.... I mean no disrespect, but I feel like that's not how it works of you're a male, since is traditionally up to the guys to make that push to relationship status. So it would make sense if, in a female's perspective, it would seem like it just happens.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

The worst part? They were a whm

i'm stealing this gimmick

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I just had this pointed out to me, but the 4.1 trailer drops a Shiba Inu minion on you with no fanfare at 3:00 in.

:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Leofish posted:

I just had this pointed out to me, but the 4.1 trailer drops a Shiba Inu minion on you with no fanfare at 3:00 in.

oh my god he's wearing the LITTLE DOGGIE BANDANA :pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Leofish posted:

aaaa

:3:

Bleu posted:

oh my god he's wearing the LITTLE DOGGIE BANDANA :pusheen:

We have one of those already! I think it's even from a MSQ reward. Not that it's not cute as all hell.