Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

[quote="“orcane”" post="“477084164”"]
Titan (Super) is going to be balanced around YoshiP beating it with 7 other hardcore dev members on a computer directly connected to the server, then being confused people can’t dodge the million weights of the land in a golf putting green-sized arena.
[/quote]

Yoship supposedly took over 2 months to beat O4s on the live server. If it's something he and 7 other devs could clear quickly Elysium and the like going to clear it in under 24 hours.

A developer is probably going to be pretty good at their own game due to number of hours played but most are not at the highest tier of raiders.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Also, with regard to Lost Canals..... I was joking about 3 doors.... then they made it real. :negative:

You fucks better be ready to run a gently caress ton of that place in a week!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
does yoshi-p just roll into random raid finders or something, or does he have a real static

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
We still have no idea when Eureka is coming out or what it is, right?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think that's something that could be funny if it's like, a story thing, where your earliest runs include scripted moments of your NPCs playing like bad pubbies and it just translates into a mechanic that you have to deal with like any other solo instance, but if it's an organically-occurring thing that you have to grind through then uhhhh well we'll see i guess

If your conjurer repeatedly screws up and then wanders back to the barracks with the gladiator's head in tow, :sever: immediately.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Our squaddies are basically pubbies that we've been sending into PotD over and over.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thundarr posted:

One of six bomb patterns + double weights + sumo stomp. Followed by Titan summoning two full sized brothers for tag team landslides. (Landslide markers not visible)

Bow down, overdweller.

Stop this madness. :negative:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
LotA, Ultimate Bone Zone.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ReWinter posted:

We still have no idea when Eureka is coming out or what it is, right?
Last Yoshida said it was "on or beyond 4.15", maybe 4.2 which imo kinda sucks for the relic but oh well they have to make sure its good content, they can't gently caress up Diadem for a third time. As for what it is, no not really but it sounds like they're trying to evoke old school rear end open world MMO content. That's kind of what Diadem was trying to do also, but badly.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Based off of what? All I've seen are some boss screenshots, did something substantial come out?

Diadem was awful and then they took feedback on what people hated about it to make diadem 2.0, which was still awful. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they're gonna able to pull that kind of stuff off this time, either

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

Reiterpallasch posted:

does yoshi-p just roll into random raid finders or something, or does he have a real static

he's said he rolls pf and random. japan seems a little more organized about their random parties, like using macros at the start to tell people what to do/where to go for certain mechanics.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It'd be cool if Eureka also included methods/shortcuts for old relics and anima, if only to keep it populated for a longer time. While they worked for keeping older content populated when they were current, relic and anima activities are basically just a relatively random smattering of stuff. Concentrating some of that into Eureka would keep it even more populated, rather than having relic/anima players doing things more or less alone.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
THREE DOORS

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I still believe in Left.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think the biggest problem with Diadem was the lack of any kind of reward structure for being there TBH. Like if you're not a gatherer there was really zero reason to go. I even had a little bit of fun with Diadem 2.0 but after you get your pegasus and see and fail the emergency mission a couple times why would you spend any time there. Meanwhile people go crazy over the Yokai watch event and that is literally just grinding the same fates out over and over again 666 times.

It wouldn't make the content any better but if there was some kind of persistent meter that you filled up by loving around in Diadem, people would at least engage with it. They might not enjoy it but they'd engage. That seems to be what they've alluded to in the past when they talk about what Eureka will be. Castle Crushbone/Abyssea 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Remember when tryhards got really mad at 285 weapons before they realized they were impossible to actually get?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I think the biggest problem with Diadem was the lack of any kind of reward structure for being there TBH. Like if you're not a gatherer there was really zero reason to go. I even had a little bit of fun with Diadem 2.0 but after you get your pegasus and see and fail the emergency mission a couple times why would you spend any time there. Meanwhile people go crazy over the Yokai watch event and that is literally just grinding the same fates out over and over again 666 times.

It wouldn't make the content any better but if there was some kind of persistent meter that you filled up by loving around in Diadem, people would at least engage with it. They might not enjoy it but they'd engage. That seems to be what they've alluded to in the past when they talk about what Eureka will be. Castle Crushbone/Abyssea 2017

I don't think anyone actually likes Yokai Watch.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

Remember when tryhards got really mad at 285 weapons before they realized they were impossible to actually get?

Oh yeah, they were livid. I don't even know what they look like.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I would kill many men for Ultimate Crystal Tower.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Truga posted:

Yeah, but how the hell are you going to play it?

You have a lot of keys on your keyboard and most music, outside of improv, is going to be a set rotation so in most ways, it's not going to be especially difficult* because you'll just bind your keys, learn the patterns and repeat them till you're good at it.

*Music and instruments are really hard to play, obviously, but playing FF14 harp isn't going to be especially difficult in comparison to picking up an acoustic guitar and playing fingerstyle flamenco.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So it looks like monthly sub+ the 2 free weeks for hitting 30 on one of the new servers post-Stormblood actually cost me the Falcon. Not showing up in my additional items and no delivery when I logged into check. Ah well.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think anyone actually likes Yokai Watch.
Yeah but they still do it. Another piece of content no one actually likes doing but everyone still does: relic weapons. Combine the bad content that no one does (Diadem) with the bad content that a lot of people still do anyway (relic weapon) and you get Eureka, nice job Yoship

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh they weren't impossible, I know a couple of those tryhards who grinded Diadem 2.0 for days 24/7 until they got their lucky drop, complaining the whole time about how much they hated it and how bitter they were about it being better than their Alex thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They should combine FATE books with the Umbrite step, but to get the sands, you have to farm light for each.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I will enjoy Eureka if it's an endless series of sidequests because 20 years of playing mmos has me conditioned to enjoy sidequests. If it's the same pseudo fate garbage that Diadem was, well I'll have to see how cool the relic is before I can be assed to bother with it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

With three doors, they should make Lost Canals into Let's Make a Deal, with a chance to get a windup goat minion.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

I will enjoy Eureka if it's an endless series of sidequests because 20 years of playing mmos has me conditioned to enjoy sidequests. If it's the same pseudo fate garbage that Diadem was, well I'll have to see how cool the relic is before I can be assed to bother with it.
What if its a bunch of hunt marks + the mob killing part of anima books?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

homeless snail posted:

I would find this better than Diadem and probably also do it if it gave you some currency towards buying unique Eureka things and xp. I am also somewhat distressed by this realization.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

With three doors, they should make Lost Canals into Let's Make a Deal, with a chance to get a windup goat minion.

Always switch doors.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think that's something that could be funny if it's like, a story thing, where your earliest runs include scripted moments of your NPCs playing like bad pubbies and it just translates into a mechanic that you have to deal with like any other solo instance, but if it's an organically-occurring thing that you have to grind through then uhhhh well we'll see i guess

I'm reading it as something like a Tales game, where you can issue general AI patterns and orders for your team members, but in this case your options for doing so expand as you work with your squadron.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

homeless snail posted:

50/50 split, gently caress hunts but I can kill 10 of x things 24/7.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Trasson posted:

I'm reading it as something like a Tales game, where you can issue general AI patterns and orders for your team members, but in this case your options for doing so expand as you work with your squadron.

As long as my squad healer acts like Raine instead of Estelle, i'm fine with this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Can't say I was expecting Yojimbo to be the boss of that postgame SB dungeon.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Axle_Stukov posted:

As long as my squad healer acts like Raine instead of Estelle, i'm fine with this.

To be fair, if you built Estelle with the right skills she'd be a paladin, not a healer and also an indestructible murder-juggernaut.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Durrr, it's me, I confused Eureka with the Ivalice raid. Now I understand why people are saying it's gonna suck. :downs:

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
So... I have all these Leve quest allowances saved up, what should I be doing with them? They seem really inefficient for leveling combat classes, and I'm having trouble parsing the crafting class guide I found. Something about triangle trade and warping all over the place?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not even a tryhard and I'm still mad about that.

BIS loot that has a low drop rate from a rare spawn is not good design imo.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Alloran posted:

So... I have all these Leve quest allowances saved up, what should I be doing with them? They seem really inefficient for leveling combat classes, and I'm having trouble parsing the crafting class guide I found. Something about triangle trade and warping all over the place?

You should spend them leveling crafting and gathering classes yeah. Dunno what crafting guide you're looking at but generally the idea is it tells you what the most efficient leve is and you teleport back and forth between the levemete and the target delivering items until you're high enough level to go to a new area and do it again.

For gathering you basically just do like combat leves except you're gathering instead of fighting.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Alloran posted:

There are three kinds of leves, all with different names and plates that I can't be hosed to remember. But there are three resources: Leves, Time, and Stuff. Each one is hard on a different one.

In one kind, the reward looks kind of lovely, but you can turn in triple the stuff for triple the reward. This one is hard on your Stuff, so do this if that's what you have lots of.

In another kind, the person who gives you the leve and the person you turn it into are in different cities. This one is hard on your Time because you have to run back and forth if you're doing it a bunch.

Lastly, there's the bog standard "give me A Thing, I will give you XP and money." That is the one that is hard on Leves, because you only turn in the one thing and it's right there.

I'm not sure what "triangle trade" is, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's something like "pick up a leve in City A, drop it off in City B and take a new leve, take that to City C, where you get a leve that has the dropoff in City A, repeat until you want to shoot yourself."

Typically, if you want to do leve stuff, you pick something that's cheap and/or easy to make and just keep doing the leve that requires it. Keep in mind that sometimes they ask for stuff you can just buy from a store, in which case you can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's a leve in Costa del Sol for level 30 (or 35?) carpenters where you turn in Oak Longbows. You can sit in between the leve giver and the turn in NPC and just watch your xp bar explode.