Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Social anxiety is a disease and it DOES affect others negatively, they're allowed to feel put out by rudeness and dismissal

Yeah, but at some point you take a hint or notice the pattern and quit throwing it out there again and getting your feelings hurt again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The brothers a hospital doctor with his own family, he should be happy to have seen him once in the last decade.

Still it was a dick move for him to not bust into his brother's room the two times he was hospitalized and make a big scene shouting stuff like, "Who's the clown running this operation I demand the best for my brother!" That's the entire point of having doctor relatives.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

tactlessbastard posted:

And yes, getting drunk and texting young parents late at night is real a real dick move. It's not like it couldn't have waited and you won't be there to take care of the baby you just woke up for the TWO loving HOURS IT TAKES TO GET IT BACK TO SLEEP I'LL FUCKIN CUT YOU DAD QUIT CALLING LATE WHEN YOU'RE BORED
Turn off your ringer wtf. This is 2017, it's not like calling the house phone at 1 am in 1995

A couple of my friends had babies, and they specifically want late-night texts. Like they're gonna be up at weird hours, and they want social interaction with adults and something to do

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

Turn off your ringer wtf. This is 2017, it's not like calling the house phone at 1 am in 1995

A couple of my friends had babies, and they specifically want late-night texts. Like they're gonna be up at weird hours, and they want social interaction with adults and something to do

Yeah but I don't think she'd be pissed off if the content was innocuous and the interaction was wanted.

OP repeatedly says "her personality is just flirty" and people say/do really dumb poo poo when they're drunk

We don't know what she was texting to him but I'm not making favorable assumptions based on what she's posted in the original thread

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Anne Whateley posted:

Lol just play WoW like all the other schedule weirds.

---

Our [14F&11M] parents bought this massive plot of land that use to be a summer camp. Our parents are planning to do massive overhauls to it, but we want to live in a cabin each.

quote:

Forgive me if this is strange in the way it's structured. We've both had zero sleep because of all the travel. My brother and I just moved to America from England. It's like 1:30 am here, and we're going to go to bed soon. Our parents bought this massive plot of land that use to house a summer camp. We walked around it today, and it's still a camp. There's the dining room that they called the mess hall, the cabins, fire pit area, a zipline, the lake . We have a normal family. My brother and I get on great, and are fine with our mum and dad. They want to do massive renovations/remove all the unwanted stuff which includes cabins. We want a cabin to ourselves. One for me and one for my brother.

tl;dr: My brother and I would like a cabin to ourselves to stay in as our rooms. Although we're not sure how to make our Mum and Dad ok with it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Lol just play WoW like all the other schedule weirds.

the most fun i ever had playing wow was when i worked a graveyard shift and got home at 3 in the morning

we raided with australians and kiwis and it was incredible

Our [14F&11M] parents bought this massive plot of land that use to be a summer camp. Our parents are planning to do massive overhauls to it, but we want to live in a cabin each.

mom should just let them do it and tear them down when they get bored

these kids will be tired of living in cabins in about three months

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 11, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

blarzgh posted:

Look, I fuckin hate this lady, and even if I presume every known fact against her I still think the Real Housewife of /r/Relationships is in the wrong here.

If some girl is being inappropriate with your husband, you tell your husband, and maybe you tell her off as well. But not in a screaming fit in front of everyone. Thats just another way of saying, "I'm the crazy one."

Depending on the age of the baby (I'm guessing only a few months), she's probably still all hormonal aside from sleep-deprived, and had to just calm down her baby after that ding-dong woke him up.

Like, my dad said that not too long after my older brother was born, my mom's parents came to visit. Next thing he knew, my mother, who rarely raised her voice and practically never cursed, was screaming at the top of her lungs and telling her mother to get the gently caress out of their house etc. Apparently her hormones )and likely some comment from her mother she didn't like) pretty much turned her into the Hulk.

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Mirthless posted:

mom should just let them do it and tear them down when they get bored

these kids will be tired of living in cabins in about three months

I stayed at a "motel" based on this exact premise and the cabins were actually big enough to make really sweet little studio apts out of. American children require a ton of space apparently.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

HCFJ posted:

I stayed at a "motel" based on this exact premise and the cabins were actually big enough to make really sweet little studio apts out of. American children require a ton of space apparently.

those cabins were almost certainly not sleeping only 1-2 kids originally, you can pack a lot in with bunk beds

as far as the English kids go it definitely seems like it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to let them play house with two of the more structurally sound cabins- which also might be fun and characterful guest houses/art studios/storage sheds down the line, though based on the circumstances I doubt that their parents would see it that way

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

Yeah, but at some point you take a hint or notice the pattern and quit throwing it out there again and getting your feelings hurt again

No!!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That would be radical, get your dumb loving children out of your hair for at least a few extra hours every day. I'm all for it.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

hmm
My [39F] boyfriend [41M] seems to enjoy searching for messages insulting or defaming him

u/Throwaway_WorriedGF posted:

Throwaway because I don't know if he uses Reddit.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a couple months now. He has a somewhat high profile job in a popular industry. Several times when I've been at his house I've noticed on his computer that he has a page open on a forum with a bunch of messages from people talking about how much they hate him, saying he's killed women, etc. which makes no sense because he's a great, loving man who would never hurt a soul. Whenever I glance at his computer screen it looks like he's always got this forum open. What's stranger still is that one of my investigations showed that he was searching for his name to find these messages.

Is this normal? Should I say anything? He's really a very nice man and I don't think it's good for him to be looking at these kinds of messages constantly.

TL;DR; : Boyfriend is always looking at rude, vulgar messages about himself. What should I do?.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Werong Bustope posted:

hmm
My [39F] boyfriend [41M] seems to enjoy searching for messages insulting or defaming him

It's that Danish submarine guy isn't it :gonk:

audiophileai
Jun 25, 2015

sounds like masochism to me :fap:

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I bet it's Derek Smart

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Research has shown that even people who identify as introverts are happier when they are acting extroverted, it is just a fact that an introvert is not a natural state for a human being. It means someone needs assistance from the outside to help them blossom into their true self, their functional self.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
For the last time Pick I don't wanna talk about your goddamn hydrangeas

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

For the last time Pick I don't wanna talk about your goddamn hydrangeas

I was never able to give you your jalapeño plant. I still tend it all summer, and it gave several jalapeños. I ended up putting them in the compost, and I don't know if I will plant a jalapeño for you next year. I think it's important to move on. Also I don't like jalapeños, so when I see them, I can only ever really think of you.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Research has shown that even people who identify as introverts are happier when they are acting extroverted, it is just a fact that an introvert is not a natural state for a human being. It means someone needs assistance from the outside to help them blossom into their true self, their functional self.

Research has also shown that people who identify as squares are happier when they're stoned out of their gourds, too. Evidently being sober is not a natural state for a human being either!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Straight White Shark posted:

Research has also shown that people who identify as squares are happier when they're stoned out of their gourds, too. Evidently being sober is not a natural state for a human being either!

It is not, nitrogen is a narcotic.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

I was never able to give you your jalapeño plant. I still tend it all summer, and it gave several jalapeños. I ended up putting them in the compost, and I don't know if I will plant a jalapeño for you next year. I think it's important to move on. Also I don't like jalapeños, so when I see them, I can only ever really think of you.

For some reason I imagine an elderly woman saying this to a gravestone at the end of a Lifetime movie.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Werong Bustope posted:

hmm

rule #173: Don't date anyone who has a forum dedicated to how much they suck as a person.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

Free drugs for everyone!!!!

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

For some reason I imagine an elderly woman saying this to a gravestone at the end of a Lifetime movie.

That's Picks whole shtick

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jalapeños are scrub tier peppers. Git you in on some ghost action.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

In this, as in many other things, you are quite wrong.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No I am right.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Jalapeños are scrub tier peppers. Git you in on some ghost action.

Heat is not the only thing that makes a good pepper. Jalapeños are a good all around peppers dammit. Yes, you should have more than just those if you like heat, but most of the ghost/other high scoville unit peppers of late are all heat and no taste at all.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Motronic posted:

Heat is not the only thing that makes a good pepper. Jalapeños are a good all around peppers dammit. Yes, you should have more than just those if you like heat, but most of the ghost/other high scoville unit peppers of late are all heat and no taste at all.

a single jalapeno diced up in chicken tikka masala really throws it over the top

it's incredible how much mileage you get out of a single decent sized jalapeno, and they're so so so cheap, we can get them 10 for a dollar out here

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
If you can't appreciate the humble jalapeño, then you're not worthy of the higher peppers.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hey, remember the saga of the guy that got ash on the bed and ruined the mattress trying to clean it then just ubered the gently caress out of there?

:siren:We have an update!!!!! :siren:

[UPDATE] Fiance[24M] went to great lengths to hide spilled ash at my parent's house. In the process, he ruined a mattress and got an Uber without telling anyone

quote:

Well. Some of you guys called it. My fiance finally came over to discuss what happened. He broke down and told me that he got diarrhea all over the bed and was trying to remove it from the mattress. He'd taken a bunch of laxatives earlier and was experiencing stomach pains so he decided to smoke. Then he was apparently so high that he didn't realize he was making GBS threads until he sat up.

This made sense for awhile until I remembered the marijuana he left at the foot of the bed. He started getting agitated when I asked about that and claimed it wasn't his. I honestly don't know why he'd choose to lie about that because they were obviously his. He accused it of belonging to my 9-year-old brother.

Before this, I wasn't so much mad as I was confused and embarrassed. It made me mad that he would accuse my little brother of that. He was out of the woods, my parents had forgiven him, I'd forgiven him now that I understood better...just so stupid.

Anyway, he got extremely agitated and we had a big fight. He got physical with me which he's never done before because I opened the place where he keeps his stash. There wasn't just weed in there.

It's been a really hard day. My eyes hurt from crying. Relationship and wedding are over. I called his parents to tell them so that they could try to get him help. After he attacked me I don't want to be the one to do that but I hope he gets the help he needs from his family.

tl;dr: He didn't spilled abv, he poo poo the bed

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hey, remember the saga of the guy that got ash on the bed and ruined the mattress trying to clean it then just ubered the gently caress out of there?

:siren:We have an update!!!!! :siren:

[UPDATE] Fiance[24M] went to great lengths to hide spilled ash at my parent's house. In the process, he ruined a mattress and got an Uber without telling anyone

quote:

Anyway, he got extremely agitated and we had a big fight. He got physical with me which he's never done before because I opened the place where he keeps his stash. There wasn't just weed in there.

It's been a really hard day. My eyes hurt from crying. Relationship and wedding are over. I called his parents to tell them so that they could try to get him help. After he attacked me I don't want to be the one to do that but I hope he gets the help he needs from his family.

oh god, this is really crushing

:cripes:

i wish this dude had just been a stupid idiot and not an actual goddamn junkie. stories like this really hit me in the gut.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sounds like he poo poo a bed both physical and metaphorical

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The first half is true. Humans are wired for social contact and even introverts enjoy and benefit from socialization, they just get tired of it more quickly. If you genuinely can't stand to interact with people that's not introversion, that's a deeper issue.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Ah, the Trainspotting defense

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
does ABV = already vaped weed?

or something else?

dang kids

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I assuming she just misspelled "ash"

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
in the original update she was going on and on about ABV, I just wasn't sure if that was just used up weed or something else

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

The flower of love will never bloom under a pickup truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Jeff Sichoe posted:

in the original update she was going on and on about ABV, I just wasn't sure if that was just used up weed or something else

Okay, then I have no idea