Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is NaVorro really washed or was this more of a money/happiness thing? It wasn't that long ago that he was on the shortlist for best ILB in football, and even after the grisly injuries it looked like he could still play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Money/happiness. He's not what he was because of multiple leg explosions so he's become a coverage liability. Shanny rolled him off on obvious passing downs and that led to a heart to heart and letting him go. It's dumb because he's like 70-80% of what he was which is still good.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's a real bummer, I always liked NaVorro (hot take: thought he was better than Patrick Willis in either guys' prime).

Seems like he knew where the winds were blowing and saw Reuben Foster taking his spot, so he wanted out ASAP and get a shot to start somewhere else. Can't blame him -- NFL players should be more aggressive about taking their talents to better situations, rather than waste their primes on bad teams for "loyalty" nonsense.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's gonna be #5 #4 Apple Cup this year and it's gonna own. Then you'll know true terror from your ginger overlord

Hmm well, about that...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Hmm well, about that...

Thank god the Seahawks didn't play this week because aint nobody winning football from WA this weekend fucks sake

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Coldforge posted:

Outside of durability, no. He's a career backup. They're going to sign Cousins/Garoppolo or draft Rosen/Jackson, and Beathard will be the guy who helps out in the QB room and listens in on the headset for the next three years.

Yeah, Hoyer isn't a long-term solution for a playoff run, but in this 0-5 season I can't blame him alone for the losses. Drops and penalties by the offense are the problem. We need a veteran in to run an offense that is all new and still learning. it's not the kind of situation I'd want to drop a rookie into. Some have thrived in that kind of situation, but on the whole... don't break the kid. I like the promise in this scheme, next year with a better WR corps and a better QB we'll have a real chance of success.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBG-XEjDrS8

Look at the technique on that catch. Just loving look at it. Every player who has a chance at catching the ball ever; WR, RB, TE, CB, LB, SS needs to master looking the ball into their hands, you'll be hard pressed to find a better example. Goodbye NaVorro, you'll always be a Niner in our hearts.

I don't know what Matt Ryan is thinking snapping the ball right there. He has a safety lined up with a free shot at him. If he doesn't have a time out left, then he should audible to something where he rolls right. Suicide.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Benne posted:

Is NaVorro really washed or was this more of a money/happiness thing? It wasn't that long ago that he was on the shortlist for best ILB in football, and even after the grisly injuries it looked like he could still play.

Sounds like a deal to trade him to N.O. was in place, so really just cutting him instead was a mercy.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sounds like a deal to trade him to N.O. was in place, so really just cutting him instead was a mercy.

Entirely possible; they confirmed they did get offers, but he didn't want to go to the teams involved.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Thank god the Seahawks didn't play this week because aint nobody winning football from WA this weekend fucks sake

There's going to be a non contact injury to Kam Chancellor today isn't there :(

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Love you forever and ever Bow

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HELL YEAH IT'S BEAT HARD TIME Y'ALL

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
One of these weeks the Niners are going to win by a couple of touchdowns and they'll be 1 and 6+ with a positive point differential.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

adrian peterson

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hifi posted:

adrian peterson

really highlights how loving stupid new orleans was in using him, eh?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Leperflesh posted:

really highlights how loving stupid new orleans was in using him, eh?

He's still a moron for choosing to go to a team that everybody and their mother knew was a bad scheme fit

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I mean, who could have imagined a Drew Brees team wouldn't pound the rock?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

One of these weeks the Niners are going to win by a couple of touchdowns and they'll be 1 and 6+ with a positive point differential.

Worst teams in the NFL right now;

AZ (2-3): -33
49ers (0-6): -33
NYG (0-5): -40
CHI (2-4): -43
IND (2-3): -62
CLE (0-6): -63

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams hand off the ball to Todd Gurley 20+ times and score touchdowns on Special Team instead of fumbling and win :smugbert:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
With a tough outing against BYE the Seahawks are back to second place in the division :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The last 5 losses had a combinef -13 differential and that has to be setting some records

nah
Mar 16, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams hand off the ball to Todd Gurley 20+ times and score touchdowns on Special Team instead of fumbling and win :smugbert:

Pretty whacky game overall. Hope Fournette is okay

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I mean, who could have imagined a Drew Brees team wouldn't pound the rock?

they gave AP the ball every single time he was on the field, which was a dead giveaway to defenses to stack the box, and they never let him play a whole series

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Leperflesh posted:

they gave AP the ball every single time he was on the field, which was a dead giveaway to defenses to stack the box, and they never let him play a whole series

Not only did the Saints not give AP the ball every time he was on the field, they threw it to him sometimes in addition to handing it off or pitching, so this really isn't true.

Really, the problem is Kamara is a much better back for how the Saints like to run their offense.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

On one hand I wanna be all "its Fournette he always hurt" but on the other he's a great talent I like watching and I wanna see him play heaps.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

They already said he was medically cleared to re-enter the game shortly after he came off but the Jaguar coaches held him out.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
:argh:

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I thought I heard at the end of the game that he was cleared to come back in. I dont know whether or not he did, though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ulmont posted:

Not only did the Saints not give AP the ball every time he was on the field, they threw it to him sometimes in addition to handing it off or pitching, so this really isn't true.

Really, the problem is Kamara is a much better back for how the Saints like to run their offense.

I did not watch all of their games so I guess I missed those times

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NaVorro Bowman is a Raider
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21044406/oakland-raiders-sign-navorro-bowman

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oakland rapidly becoming Wayward Home For NFCW Players Who Were Good in 2013

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Its Rinaldo posted:

Aldon Smith desperately wishing he could get back, smokes more weed instead

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Aldon Smith desperately wishing he could get back, smokes more weed instead

Using an AR-15 as a bong.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Its Rinaldo posted:

They still need secondary help, right? What's Brandon Browner up to these days?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Byron Maxwell could probably be had.

Coldforge posted:

Using an AR-15 as a bong.

In an airport

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Carson Palmer is dead and Zeke Elliott just spent 3 hours making GBS threads in the Niners' mouths. At least the Seahawks won.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

N: the Niners

V: they are bad

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I sure was getting tired of losing close!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I’ve enjoyed the Rams season so far up to the bye, now they have a murderous schedule going forward so welp

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

I’ve enjoyed the Rams season so far up to the bye, now they have a murderous schedule going forward so welp

Don't worry, they still get to play the 49ers once more.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
And the Cardinals (sorry Cards bros :( )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Yea, the with Rams schedule it looks like 9 wins is pretty much the floor. Minnesota, Philly and Seattle are the only games I’d pick against them.

• Locked thread