Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

therobit posted:

That was the full text. Still, don't gently caress without wrapping it up if you aren't OK with some possibility of a baby.

There's still some small chance if you do wrap it up. People who have hetero PiV sex need to come to terms with the possibility that a pregnancy might result. And men additionally need to come to terms with the fact that they can't control whether or not their partner aborts.

It seems like OP has done all that, so he's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think something we need to make clear to teenage boys is that even if they communicate their desires in plain terms and use the best protection available to them that choosing to have sex is still agreeing to be responsible for kids.

After all, the stats on unwanted pregnancies decrease in areas where abstinence only education is pursued and the laws and healthcare do their best to force women to have kids they don't want.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
But we can agree that this particular kid seemed to already know that? I’m pretty pleased he seems down with taking financial responsibility, if nothing else.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah dude is handling this the right way

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, this dudes all class. :rolleyes:

Go read the thread. Dude makes less then minimum wage and from what I can gather from your backwards legal system he is probably going to end up in jail.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody know how/if there's an archived version of this one before the post was removed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2nb4lq/i_28f_dont_want_to_go_to_a_friends_24f_wedding/

The comments section is insane (birth control lies, the subject of the OP's ire finds and starts posting in the thread, the wedding is more than a year away, etc.), and I'm dying to see if there's a way to reverse find the OP.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Xik posted:

Go read the thread. Dude makes less then minimum wage and from what I can gather from your backwards legal system he is probably going to end up in jail.

He’s 18, right? I mean, yes, way more horrid than I had hoped. Sure. Yes.

Even at his most douche-like, though, he still claims he’s willing to pay whatever amount the law can drag out of him. AND NOT A PENNY MORE.

That’s! yeah. Okay, you win.

e: He IS young though. I’m so torn here. Even taking SOME responsibility puts him head-and-shoulders above most.

burial fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 16, 2017

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I think something we need to make clear to teenage boys is that even if they communicate their desires in plain terms and use the best protection available to them that choosing to have sex is still agreeing to be responsible for kids.

After all, the stats on unwanted pregnancies decrease in areas where abstinence only education is pursued and the laws and healthcare do their best to force women to have kids they don't want.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say here. What do you think we should be telling boys? If you have PiV sex as a guy a kid may result and there's nothing you can do about it after the fact. It's not what most guys would prefer but it's how the world works.

It also really doesn't have anything to do with abstinence only education or health care.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Xik posted:

Just lol that he seems to think that if he can't pay nothing can happen to him.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Meme Emulator posted:

I asked my husband to open our relationship. He's been sleeping with transexuals ever since and I don't know how to feel. (self.polyamory)

Please, I am NOT transphobic. I just don't know how to feel about this. Please read before down voting.

My [45] husband [49] and I opened our relationship a few months ago. Admittedly he was opposed to it initially, but I managed to convince him of the benefits and how it would allow us to explore our sexual fantasies safely. I wanted him to experience more women, because he lost his virginity to me and has been faithful ever since then (at least I believe so).

But it's lead to a very strange situation. We have been married since college, over 20 years, and in that time my husband has always been a very reserved person. He knows how to please me, but he was never a kinky person... He's romantic and we have had a healthy sex life, but he's never even shown an inkling of a kinky side.

So when we opened our relationship, I was expecting (or perhaps hoping?) he would try and find his kinky side with other women. I thought that maybe he was too afraid to open up to me. Turns out this is not the case, because literally less than a week of our relationship being open, he slept with this young transgirl (early 20s I think) without even attempting to hide it. He just acted normal and said it was "something different".

This was just the start. Every single week without fail, hell normally several times a week, he has brought a young transgirl to our house to sleep with them. No women at all. He just keeps sleeping with young trans girls (who always look like they are only just above legal age) in our bedroom.

The thing is, I have NEVER considered myself bigoted against people for their sexuality, but this has me SO CONFUSED about how to feel. He never showed any signs of attraction to transgirls, especially considering he's always been very conservative/reserved. I want to yell at him and say "STOP! WHY AREN'T YOU ATTRACTED TO WOMEN LIKE ME?" but I know that would be so hypocritical of me. I have been so upset by this I haven't even slept with anyone other than my husband since we opened our relationship.

I keep maintaining this facade about how great it is, and then find myself crying when he's gone. I start thinking that if he's not attracted to other women, then he's probably not even attracted to me.

Our children are also unsure how to feel about the entire ordeal. And.. I don't know what to tell them.

Please right now I need advice, I know I shouldn't be so judgmental but I am so confused so please don't hate me.

Where is he finding all these transgirls

asking for a friend

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Zzulu posted:

Where is he finding all these transgirls

asking for a friend

I would bet a dollar that there is an app for that.. Or just try your luck with Grindr for now :butt:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Like I said earlier, he’s probably paying them, because how many 20 year olds of any stripe are going to want to come over and gently caress some 50yo dude with his wife (and kids?!) in the House?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Clark Nova posted:

Like I said earlier, he’s probably paying them, because how many 20 year olds of any stripe are going to want to come over and gently caress some 50yo dude with his wife (and kids?!) in the House?
lots of trans people are desperate for anything even remotely resembling affection and/or positive attention and will lower their standards accordingly to get it

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
There are a TON of early 20s trans sex workers, though, because it is often one of the easiest ways for them to make money when legitimate employment remains absurdly hard for them to obtain. Partially because of this, trans women have one of the highest rates of HIV infection out of any other demographic. (IV drug use is also a major factor, which is probably also a consequence of poverty) This is another good reason for his wife to be upset, but she still can't get past the penis

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I know weäre all super progressive here but your husband banging transexuals would be something most people on this planet would have a hard time gettin past

we're just not there yet where it is totally normal bros

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Zzulu posted:

I know weäre all super progressive here but your husband banging transexuals would be something most people on this planet would have a hard time gettin past

we're just not there yet where it is totally normal bros

I understand having a hard time wrapping your head around it, just, there's a lot more going on here worth getting mad about than "ew, she's got a penis?!?!"

Her adding a bunch of qualifiers about how she's totally not transphobic while using multiple slurs to describe them isn't helping her point

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Something tells me that his ability to find a bunch of trans girls willing to sleep with him may not be as new of a situation as she thinks, and that perhaps his tendency to 'work late' or go on trips for work has been curtailed as of late.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
What are you talking about "multiple slurs," literally the only thing she called them is "trans girls." She wasn't judgey or "ew" about them, she's just worried her husband is "ew" about her.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

What are you talking about "multiple slurs," literally the only thing she called them is "trans girls." She wasn't judgey or "ew" about them, she's just worried her husband is "ew" about her.

Meme Emulator posted:

I asked my husband to open our relationship. He's been sleeping with transexuals ever since and I don't know how to feel. (self.polyamory)

I keep maintaining this facade about how great it is, and then find myself crying when he's gone. I start thinking that if he's not attracted to other women, then he's probably not even attracted to me.

So, I guess it's only two lovely things she says? My bad.

In before somebody comes in to "Um, actually, Transexual totally is not a slur because..." me

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

How is transexual are slur? It's the loving definition

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Whorelord posted:

How is transexual are slur? It's the loving definition

:cripes:

The word you are looking for is transgender

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Mirthless posted:

So, I guess it's only two lovely things she says? My bad.

In before somebody comes in to "Um, actually, Transexual totally is not a slur because..." me
okay I was just looking at the post itself where she says "trans girl" half a dozen times and "transsexual" (which yeah is deprecated) not at all. I guess we're both wrong

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

okay I was just looking at the post itself where she says "trans girl" half a dozen times and "transsexual" (which yeah is deprecated) not at all. I guess we're both wrong

Yeah, sorry! I definitely overstated it

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

:cripes:

The word you are looking for is transgender

Just checking, you are aware that has become settled terminology among trans people within the last decade right? Most people literally do not know this stuff.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Patrick Spens posted:

Just checking, you are aware that has become settled terminology among trans people within the last decade right? Most people literally do not know this stuff.

Edit: I'm getting worked up over this and I guess it wasn't as known as I thought, just keep it in mind guys

If Jefferson Beauregard Sessions can get it right nobody else has an excuse

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 16, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I didn't honestly know "transexual" is a bad word nw

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Me either. I'm not hip to the lingo.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

what's the full text cause if he's willing to pay child support and communicated from the beginning he had no interest in a kid I don't think he's the pos here at all.

tricking someone into having sex with you under false pretenses is sexual assault

if he'd agreed to use a condom and didn't, he'd be guilty of sexual assault. if he'd lied about his religion he'd be guilty of sexual assault. if he had a twin brother and banged the twin's wife while she was under the pretense he is the brother, it's sexual assault

but a guy clearly communicates he does not wish to have children, and only wants to have sex with partners who would abort if other measures failed, and he's a jerk for saying "well, I told you I don't want kids, have fun raising them on your own" and he's a deadbeat, not a victim

:thunk:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

If you're getting worked up over a 50 year old woman using the term transsexual I honestly don't know what the gently caress to tell you

Not every person ever has an updating dictionary installed that keeps them up to date on the latest woke terminology, and not every use of a badwrong word is an intentional slight against someone else

All these things said, she opened up the relationship and got owned, and thus there is nothing we can have for her but derision.

Also, oh man oh geeze we're getting into the subject of male reproductive agency relative to post-conception birth control measures, this conversation always goes well. Generally, I feel like a man should have the ability to give up all rights to a child at conception if it was clear he had no interest in ever having a child and has no interest being in that child's life, with no allowed visitation or any parental rights towards the child whatsoever, but I'm not a lawyer and I'm sure that sort of law being put in place could be abused to hell and back. Also, should have to offer to pay for abortion first, if woman doesn't wanna and there would be no medical issues incurred from doing so blah blah blah you get what I'm saying.

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 16, 2017

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Blade Runner posted:

Generally, I feel like a man should have the ability to give up all rights to a child at conception if it was clear he had no interest in ever having a child and has no interest being in that child's life, with no allowed visitation or any parental rights towards the child whatsoever, but I'm not a lawyer and I'm sure that sort of law being put in place could be abused to hell and back.

The state and the law don't give two shits about what the parents want or wanted, they only care about ensuring the maximum amount of feasible support for the child, which is as it should be.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blade Runner posted:

Also, oh man oh geeze we're getting into the subject of male reproductive agency relative to post-conception birth control measures, this conversation always goes well. Generally, I feel like a man should have the ability to give up all rights to a child at conception if it was clear he had no interest in ever having a child and has no interest being in that child's life, with no allowed visitation or any parental rights towards the child whatsoever, but I'm not a lawyer and I'm sure that sort of law being put in place could be abused to hell and back. Also, should have to offer to pay for abortion first, if woman doesn't wanna and there would be no medical issues incurred from doing so blah blah blah you get what I'm saying.

Yeah, that's the issue... it would be abused. There's not really a good solution.

After all, the kid didn't decide to be born.

You might be able to figure out some sort of penalty for the mother though (or open up civil action). But there's have to be a pretty high standard of proof (like text messages or recorded audio discussing what would be done if birth control failed).

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

Anybody know how/if there's an archived version of this one before the post was removed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2nb4lq/i_28f_dont_want_to_go_to_a_friends_24f_wedding/

The comments section is insane (birth control lies, the subject of the OP's ire finds and starts posting in the thread, the wedding is more than a year away, etc.), and I'm dying to see if there's a way to reverse find the OP.

Couldn't figure it out but there's an update about it that's also been deleted.
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2oe9li/updatei_28f_dont_want_to_go_to_a_friends_24f/

Lots of choice things in that one quoted from the deleted post.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My [45F] husband [46M] took our 18 year old son to see a prostitute because he felt like it would be a boost to his romantic life, what should I do?Relationships (self.relationships)

quote:

So my husband and I have a 18 year old son who is a senior in high school. It’s no question to anyone that has met my son that he’s not exactly slated to be on the cover of GQ and he's fairly quiet and reserved. But we’ve never been worried about that and we both love him dearly. He’s a good self-motivated kid who rarely gets in trouble, gets good grades, and we are not one bit worried about his future. I wouldn't trade my son for anyone else.

But tonight he wanted me to talk about something, I assumed it was about college because that’s what’s on our minds right now. He revealed to me that Friday night, my husband took him to see a prostitute. I was told that they went to BDubs to catch a college football game. My heart dropped and I thought I felt the room was spinning, I had so many questions so I had him start from the beginning.

Apparently he and my husband have begun talking seriously about girls and sex recently. I’m not offended by this, I understand why he went to my husband and why my husband felt it necessary to not tell me. At some point in one of these conversations, my son admitted to him that he was a virgin, he had never held hands with nor kissed a girl, and that to his knowledge no one has ever crushed on him. So apparently my husband felt that if our son experienced sex first, he wouldn’t be so focused on it when he’s trying to talk to girls and when it does happen he won’t be so inexperienced and bumbling. So my son claims that when they left the house that night he thought they were going to dinner. But right when they pulled out from our driveway, my husband explained to our son that there was a prostitute ready if he wanted to lose his virginity. My son was taken aback and couldn't believe it, but he relented and said he wanted to se her. The second shocker of the night came when he revealed where this prostitute serviced him. Apparently a family friend of ours that comes from the same ethnic group as my husband has connections so to speak. So my husband took my son to go to our friend’s home, where he called the prostitute and they had sex in our friend’s guestroom while my husband and our friend went to BDubs. I won’t go into the gory details of the encounter, just that my son enjoyed the sex, he thought it was fun, and the sex worker was patient with him (she even dropped the usual “how to get a girl to like you” platitudes when he told her how inexperienced he was).

I thanked my son for his honesty, I asked him if he was okay (he’s fine), then I sent him to his room while I tried not to explode at my husband. My husband apologized for lying to me, but defended his decision. He said the prostitute was somebody our friend could trust and he said something along the lines of how male virgins have less of a chance of getting laid as they grow older without having sex, and that this is a turning point for our son because now he'll have more motivation to lose weight and take care of himself to attract girls. I argued that it's not his call to make our son lose his virginity that way, and that it would have been better for him to help our son understand the nuances of dating and sex. For the record, prostitution is neither legal nor accepted in our corner of the United States, but we do live in a state where the age of consent is 16 so my son is well over that.

I'm just not sure what to do right now. I'm more angry at my husband than if he went to see the prostitute himself, because I don't know how this can mentally affect my son down the road. Right now it seems like he'll be okay and maybe I'm just overreacting, but I'm so conflicted.

tl;dr: Husband took our virgin son to a prostitute, not sure what to do, if anything

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yeah, that's the issue... it would be abused. There's not really a good solution.

After all, the kid didn't decide to be born.

You might be able to figure out some sort of penalty for the mother though (or open up civil action). But there's have to be a pretty high standard of proof (like text messages or recorded audio discussing what would be done if birth control failed).

The internet has really internalized the idea that the scope of one's responsibilities only extends as far as they want or expect it to, but that's not how it works, or even good.

You take risks, you accept the consequences of those risks. Its called "tough poo poo."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

My [45F] husband [46M] took our 18 year old son to see a prostitute because he felt like it would be a boost to his romantic life, what should I do?Relationships (self.relationships)

Sorry, ignoring everything in this story to laugh at how she sent her 18 year old son to his room and he did it.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Your husband is fighting the incel menace, this is good

blarzgh posted:

The internet has really internalized the idea that the scope of one's responsibilities only extends as far as they want or expect it to, but that's not how it works, or even good.

You take risks, you accept the consequences of those risks. Its called "tough poo poo."

This is an argument used against abortion a lot. There are obvious other things that go on with a woman's body changing over pregnancy and her having to carry a human life for 9 months, but the primary thrust(heh) of a "You did the gently caress crimes, you do the pregnancy times." argument is the same.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

that's a loving A+ father right there, drat

e: the actual events are of debatable ethics but I gotta say his intentions were pretty spot on as far as "if you get sex over with maybe you won't fixate so hard on women as sex objects" IMO

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Blade Runner posted:

This is an argument used against abortion a lot. There are obvious other things that go on with a woman's body changing over pregnancy and her having to carry a human life for 9 months, but the primary thrust(heh) of a "You did the gently caress crimes, you do the pregnancy times." argument is the same.

Once its a baby human, its not your body anymore.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Barudak posted:

Sorry, ignoring everything in this story to laugh at how she sent her 18 year old son to his room and he did it.

It's cool how the dad is trying to help the kid feel more capable of succeeding in the world and the mom's first step is "go back to your room while your parents deal with this", thanking him for his honesty like he's still a child, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

blarzgh posted:

Once its a baby human, its not your body anymore.

Sure, but again, the argument vis a vis "If you didn't want a kid, you shouldn't have hosed." equally applies to abortion, so it just doesn't strike me as at all compelling.