Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Wasn't there something with a newborn fetus in part 9? This is why Part 9 isn't cannon.

If I remember correctly Jason could be reborn through the baby because it was a descendent of the Voorhees bloodline, also Creighton was using her for bait and leverage.

Ghostpilot posted:

How's this for irony: the only time I can recall Jason being depicted as killing children was in the NES(!) Friday the 13th.

Even in the ONE film to have actual children in it (FVJ doesn't count, dream sequence) Jason merely walks in, looks around, and leaves.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Unless you use mods, but then you probably turned the kids into jiggle titty anthromorphs anyway

Goddamnit mods when?! That one guy on Youtube made some awesome mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEK5buGzs0M

EDIT:

Skunkrocker posted:

Part 4 I suspect would get -Stun Resist, -Grab Strength, and -Knives, but +Running, +Defense, and +Destruction. And a goddamn machete, for christ's sake.

Bringing this old post up, this was the first time I remember attempting to come up with Part 4 stats... let's see how correct I was!

+Run ✓
+Destruction ✓
+ Defense Weapon Strength

- Stun Resist Water Speed
- Grab Strength Shift
- Knives Traps

...hey, two of six ain't bad right? :smithicide:

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

If I remember correctly Jason could be reborn through the baby because it was a descendent of the Voorhees bloodline, also Creighton was using her for bait and leverage.

This is correct.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Conspiracy theory: did the dead/dormant Jason possess Roy in part 5?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Coffee And Pie posted:

Conspiracy theory: did the dead/dormant Jason possess Roy in part 5?

People have made that argument, that Jason influenced Roy.

Though honestly I think Roy just went nuts. His MO was nothing like Jason. Jason would have tracked down the person who pissed him off the most first, after all. We know that thanks to Alice!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I don't think the movie itself offers any more of an explanation than that Roy's a copycat killer, which is probably enough to be getting on with.

Wikipedia says that the novelization of the sixth movie is the source of the Jason influence argument, but of course, canon is a hazy thing in this franchise.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

cliffdiver posted:

I’m interested.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/921004131330019328
:spooky: :iiam:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

It's still probably Roy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I keep seeing people saying Roy's just a regular guy and can't work with the normal Jason mechanics since he's not an invincible monster, but they know he ate a chainsaw to the chest and a loving bulldozer running him down, right? :psyduck:

Or it might have been a machete slash to the chest, either way he fought a chainsaw and came out on top. Dude's a beast.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Danaru posted:

I keep seeing people saying Roy's just a regular guy and can't work with the normal Jason mechanics since he's not an invincible monster, but they know he ate a chainsaw to the chest and a loving bulldozer running him down, right? :psyduck:

Or it might have been a machete slash to the chest, either way he fought a chainsaw and came out on top. Dude's a beast.

Jason 2, 3 and 4 were just regular dudes too. The Jason powers are meant to replicate his ability to seemingly be anywhere and everywhere at once. Also why not, because in the Friday the 13th universe we had a telekinetic, dead rising from the grave, a toxic chemical which turns you into a baby, demonic possession, spaceships, and this dance:

Also, if :reddit: cracks the blue dot code before the goons do, I'm going to be disappointed in you all.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jason can't teleport so why is it a problem that Roy could

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Considering :reddit: has far more ultra sperg traffic than we do...

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Danaru posted:

Even part 2 Jason recoiled in terror when Amy came at him with the chainsaw.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Amy was pretty cute and cool right up until she pissed herself.

Edit: Amy Steel was the actress, the character was Ginny

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 19, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
lol found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CzO7z1dZ1A

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This will be what happens at a high Fear level when you hide under the bed now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Meh Jason tracking down the final girl from part 1 is when they were still kinda deciding what kind of character Jason was. Maybe it wasn't explicitly retconned but it's completely out of step with later movies.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the other final girls killed him, that's ok

that first final girl killed his MOM

and NOBODY touches mom

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Amy was pretty cute and cool right up until she pissed herself.

Edit: Amy Steel was the actress, the character was Ginny

Im so sorry, I know this has been discussed but I can't remember the final answer. Was it definitively her or the rat?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TOOT BOOT posted:

Meh Jason tracking down the final girl from part 1 is when they were still kinda deciding what kind of character Jason was. Maybe it wasn't explicitly retconned but it's completely out of step with later movies.

Nah, Alice just hosed up royal.

Generally jason doesn't give a poo poo unless you're on his property. If you're where he believes His Land Is, he will try to run you out and then try to kill you.

If you leave, he does not care.

If he's not aware of you, he does not care. This is why the Jarvis household was fine until Jason stumbled on them. Same thing with the other camp in Part 2- they were fine right up until Jason realized people were there.

Alice? Alice killed his mom.

Alice made Jason care about her as a person.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Im so sorry, I know this has been discussed but I can't remember the final answer. Was it definitively her or the rat?

The director had claimed it was from the rat, but people think that was a cover because of how dumb it looked and how bad it fit with her character. Ginny got spooked a couple times, but she kept her poo poo together mostly. Enough to chase Jason off with a chainsaw, and later to put on his mother's sweater in an attempt to kill him. She was pretty badass, and she certainly should not of let loose just from a the sight of a rat considering the psychopathic murderer 3 feet away. But the volume of the piss puddle suggests it's from a human.

I liked part II a lot having re-watched it recently - we got a lot of the game inspiration from that one it looks like.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Danaru posted:

Roy will work exactly like a regular Jason, only the main difference will be that instead of a cabin, you find a parked ambulance. In the ambulance is a photo of his son, that be picked up like Pams Sweater.

Using the photo will stun Roy, just like the sweater - only the main difference will be that you hold the photo up, and the audio line is his son saying 'I got two chocolate bars, see? Don't tell the girls..'

CHOCOLATE

FIle photo:

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 19, 2017

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Roy will work exactly like a regular Jason, only the main difference will be that instead of a cabin, you find a parked ambulance. In the ambulance is a photo of his son, that be picked up like Pams Sweater.

Using the photo will stun Roy, just like the sweater - only the main difference will be that you hold the photo up, and the audio line is his son saying 'I got two chocolate bars, see? Don't tell the girls..'

CHOCOLATE

FIle photo:

:allears: god drat I hope that's what they do.

They probably won't but it would be amazing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've been thinking about Roy and his ambulance a bunch, they can even keep his jackass coworker laying dead out the driver's seat to make the player character flip poo poo, like when they notice Alice's corpse in Jason's shack. It's perfect they GOTTA add my boy Roy :saddowns:

Also I just played a round where Jason quit while I was beating his rear end and oh man I lost my poo poo afterwards at how he just crumpled. Who needs Tommy Jarvis?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Danaru posted:

I've been thinking about Roy and his ambulance a bunch, they can even keep his jackass coworker laying dead out the driver's seat to make the player character flip poo poo, like when they notice Alice's corpse in Jason's shack. It's perfect they GOTTA add my boy Roy :saddowns:

Also I just played a round where Jason quit while I was beating his rear end and oh man I lost my poo poo afterwards at how he just crumpled. Who needs Tommy Jarvis?

All the people that smack talk Roy as 'just a regular guy' and 'wouldnt work as a Jason' need to suspend the gently caress out of their disbelief and just roll with it.

Pam I admit might need a unique game mode, but Roy works with mostly cosmetic poo poo changed. Maybe even make the photo item useable by any counselor, regardless of gender. Consider it a special weakness for him.

In other news, had a quick game last night and randomed up Chad. Spawned next to a cabin with a baseball bat. Good times. Jason appeared shortly after as it appeared the phone was nearby - so a game of deadly cat and also cat broke out.

He'd smash down a cabin door, I'd pop him with the bat, down he goes. I climb out the window.
He morphs outside, I'd pop him with the bat, down he goes. I climb into another cabin.
He smashed down the door, I'd pop him with the bat, bat breaks, down he goes. I find another bat, climb out window. He shifts outside, misses the grab, I'd pop him with the bat, down he goes.

Repeat for like, 5/6 stuns. The the last one he loudly exclaims over the mic OH FOR gently caress SAKE and morphs away. Didn't see him for the rest of the game - got in a repaired car and drove off.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

a cock shaped fruit posted:

CHOCOLATE

FIle photo:

Seriously how can anyone hate the idea of playing as Roy if we get a bunch of dumb sound clips of the ghost of this doofus driving him to kill?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Hell, why not have Augustus Gloop just be part of the regular counselor rotation, for the irony of having Roy murder him.

Multiples of him, every match.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Augustus Gloop

LMAO

I also genuinely endorse the idea of having an actual fat poo poo as a counselor, Lachappa has far too much nerd cred + sex appeal to be the token fat guy.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Part 2 is the one that I'd call the most legitimately scary of the series, all the others are just a little too ridiculous to be scary.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well I'd say parts 1 and 2 are the only real "grounded" entries (and I guess also part 5 minus Roy's invulnerability), and then they continue to stretch believability until it totally snaps by part 6.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I learned how to say gently caress your mother in Chinese, the game is educational too.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I have been playing this game enough for the past couple days to be level 10 and have had some cool matches and more boring people matches so I wanted to find some goons. I signed up on the steam group - what is next? Randomly friend people there and add them? I am blitzstrahl on steam if you see random invites from me.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

rio posted:

I have been playing this game enough for the past couple days to be level 10 and have had some cool matches and more boring people matches so I wanted to find some goons. I signed up on the steam group - what is next? Randomly friend people there and add them? I am blitzstrahl on steam if you see random invites from me.

Join the discord. It's in the OP.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Skoll posted:

Join the discord. It's in the OP.

Ah ok - thanks. I read through the op but missed that and only saw the stuff at the bottom about finding other players.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

So explain where this came from because that's obviously a Friday 8 map.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
"Atlantic Ocean" hahahaha. That's cracked me up for some reason.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

joylessdivision posted:

So explain where this came from because that's obviously a Friday 8 map.

I'm stumped, reverse Google image search turned up nothing and it's not on the twitter/official forums, unless I missed it. A fans creation?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

So earlier tonight I had a glitch where Jason couldn’t attack, break windows grab or anything except use traps or throwing knives. It just happened again in my last game and a guy was cool enough to hit me to fix it - it happened three times in one game. Is this common or was I just really unlucky? I’ll put down that I prefer playing as counselors if I have to but although it was funny in the last game since everyone was cool I’d prefer to avoid it. Oh and in the same game when I glitched other people couldn’t interact with windows, although for them some worked and some didn’t.

• Locked thread