Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Hardcore shill Bulevine is losing faith

*edit* refactored cat taxxe

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Just noticed, they never have any drinks or anything 'extra' when they have meetings.
In my company, there is always a few drinks around the table, hell it would be strange to see no one with at least a redbull or cardboard coffee cup.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Just running through the numbers, if they do intend on selling a 'limited' amount of this new ship, and assuming it's 2,000 like past limited sales, they're trying to fill a hole of $1.7M (on top of the usual sales that Citcon generates). Maybe they're hoping to just stumble to the holiday stream with that 1.7 mil and generate more sales from the S42 stuff there?

Whatever's going on, the company can't be doing well at all right now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

happyhippy posted:

Just noticed, they never have any drinks or anything 'extra' when they have meetings.
In my company, there is always a few drinks around the table, hell it would be strange to see no one with at least a redbull or cardboard coffee cup.

Maybe that studio doesn't have a barista like every other company on earth.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If you say a item is limited you sell more of it, especially if nerds are your main customer group. Digital Items are by design never limited, they are just code, but nothing is stopping your from saying it is limited ofc.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

IcarusUpHigh posted:

*edit* refactored cat taxxe

I've never seen a catte with training wheels before. Rehab catte?

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Bofast posted:

No, cat wheelchair.

Taxxe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXlF3sa9xs

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Bofast posted:

It's called a kitty cart... its back legs are paralyzed. :( Cart allows kitty to walk around without dragging his back legs on the ground. :(

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Maldoror posted:

It's called a kitty cart... its back legs are paralyzed. :( Cart allows kitty to walk around without dragging his back legs on the ground. :(

Poor catte :ohdear:

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Bofast posted:

Poor catte :ohdear:

Look at the bright side, at least he or she is not a pug.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
They make them for dogs too.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
My dog will be needing one of them pet wheel chairs in a year's time. For now I just carry him up and down the stairs.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BloodyScab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo

Lead gameplay engineer.

This is the guy who cried on reddit because a coder goon here critiqued a coworkers coding. He agreed 100% it was poo poo but was still upset.

At first glance I thought this was a fallout 4 vid from the thumb

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen - Going nowhere fast

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16172-The-Shipyard-Ship-Technical-Information

Is it just me or are they slowly copying Elite : Dangerous, the game that they hate so much?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

no_recall posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16172-The-Shipyard-Ship-Technical-Information

Is it just me or are they slowly copying Elite : Dangerous, the game that they hate so much?

Well Crobs loves other people's ideas since his are so bad.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

no_recall posted:

They just have to scream "NEVER DONE BEFORE, BUY NOW, LIMITED QUANTITY, IN STOCK" loud enough to drown out everything else, and nobody will notice that its just copied.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi posted:

They just have to scream "NEVER DONE BEFORE, BUY NOW, LIMITED QUANTITY, IN STOCK" loud enough to drown out everything else, and nobody will notice that its just copied.

It worked for years, why should they stop now?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

no_recall posted:

As far as I'm concerned both games are just copying Tau Ceti on the Commodore 64.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

DancingShade posted:

As far as I'm concerned both games are just copying Tau Ceti on the Commodore 64.

Original Elite came first.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

Elite was an inspiration for Tau Ceti, so nice try, Citizen.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Reason I said, copying ED was because its obvious.

SRV (Surface Recon Vehicle) - Vehicle
SLF (Ship Launched Fighter) - SNUB

Ship Landing Pad requirement S / M / L - SMALL / MEDIUM / LARGE "Ship"

Next thing I would say is that CIG will have Small / Medium / Large landing pads, you know so there's more gameplay for air traffic controllers.

Lol.

edit : Sandi was the best air traffic controller since she was a little girl.

edit2: what happened to boarding and docking collars?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

what happened to boarding and docking collars?

Boarding and docking collars were never promised to be in the game. Nice try, goonie.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Variable 5 posted:

Boarding and docking collars were never promised to be in the game. Nice try, goonie.

Did they ever claim that the ships would be playable?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Did they ever claim that the ships would be playable?

The thread intern is about to get a huge raise.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

no_recall posted:

Docking collars were indefinitely shelved because the shitheap of an engine that they cobbled together went nutso when you tried to connect two ship entities.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 20, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's some top tier internet lawyering right there

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Hey Agent, remember months ago when you got that anonymous email from a CIG employee saying that work is finally taking off and rapid progress is being made on 3.0?

:lol::lol::lol: good times.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Lladre posted:

My dog will be needing one of them pet wheel chairs in a year's time. For now I just carry him up and down the stairs.

Our dogge is in the same position. Although he can still do stairs, just slower and slower. But I have to pick him up to put him on the couch and into the car now. Still likes to go for two walks a day, but getting shorter and shorter walks. He still enjoys playing with treat balls & bottles though. Not too shabby for a 14.5 year old mutt.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Latin Pheonix posted:

Hey Agent, remember months ago when you got that anonymous email from a CIG employee saying that work is finally taking off and rapid progress is being made on 3.0?

he might've been just a little optimistic

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Daztek posted:

ICEY + Steam Link bundle for like 10bux**: http://store.steampowered.com/app/553640/ICEY/

**Shipping not included, only US + selected countries

Despite it's Anime styling, ICEY is a game EVERYONE in this thread should play, because it's a perfect 4th wall game developer shattering piece of comedy.

I mean, it led me to make these months ago...

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

no_recall posted:

Reason I said, copying ED was because its obvious.

SRV (Surface Recon Vehicle) - Vehicle
SLF (Ship Launched Fighter) - SNUB

Ship Landing Pad requirement S / M / L - SMALL / MEDIUM / LARGE "Ship"

Next thing I would say is that CIG will have Small / Medium / Large landing pads, you know so there's more gameplay for air traffic controllers.

Lol.

edit : Sandi was the best air traffic controller since she was a little girl.

Just realized that Elite has had the ability to launch snub fighters for a year and that still can't be done on the constellation.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Daztek posted:

ICEY + Steam Link bundle for like 10bux**: http://store.steampowered.com/app/553640/ICEY/

**Shipping not included, only US + selected countries

That's a helluva deal. Thanks.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
The sound of this house of cards falling down is going to be so satisfying, we haven't even gotten to the primary structure collapsing yet, just the odd card pirouetting out of position. I can't wait. I can't wait! :munch:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Latin Pheonix posted:

I hope there are still plenty of laughs to be had for the goons in the alternate universe where CIG actually made 3.0 work as promised :ohdear:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

McGiggins posted:

Now I have to go and buy a new hotas before trying to set it all up again. The top gun fox 2 pro I inherited from my father when he gave up gaming now longer works as it used to, it lists lazily to the right. Suggestions for good hotas that will not break bank?

Thrustmaster T.Flight — basically the same thing for a new era.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Companies wish they could pay for literally insane defenders like this

Asking for a refund on a product that has not been delivered and is three years past it's release date disgusts this guy because he thinks it's a disgusting act of fraud where you are complicit in committing felonies and an outright attack on the company itself.

This poo poo is usually only regulated to places like the Church where some of the congregation will accuse you of attacking god with your sinful ways. Wal Mart or Apple loving wishes they could get customers to stand at the returns desk and berate people with insane screeds that make no sense about how they are betraying the dream the company represents instead of returning a product for a refund that the extensive consumer laws are quite clear about.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
forgot that this also turned out to be true 100% from September 2016 (behavior interactive helped build some of the new moons/maps, this comes directly from an AtV or Chris Roberts quote)

TheAgent posted:

• there's yet another new studio involved (most likely contractors/outside dev pool) for planet artwork/maps