Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

LDR from 60-70 on tank also gives you a cracked cluster which is pretty nice money (I think DH VI materia sells for like 70k)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

vOv posted:

LDR from 60-70 on tank also gives you a cracked cluster which is pretty nice money (I think DH VI materia sells for like 70k)?

Heavens eye, savage might, and savage......the other one, all seem to bounce between 50-80k, yeah. Pretty good money for 30 minutes’ work.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ruta posted:

I want to see this.

Edit: for the record, I'm not saying you should save the LB for DPS. I'm just not convinced it's easier to get the healer to solo than it would be to just learn it.

Yeah, GCO is a bit intimidating but it isn't incredibly difficult to just learn and do as long as you focus only on your part. I basically saw it the first time one night and cleared the next. I don't doubt that it's possible to sac strat GCO but it seems more like a bragging rights thing for the healer than an efficient way to handle the fight.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Bolow posted:

So I'm super burnt the gently caress out on PotD, and kind of want to start working on my DRK. Are the Command Missions decent XP all the way to 60 or am I still condemned to do the 50-60 grind in there?

Like other people have said, if you don't want to do PotD, don't loving do it. You can chain run REAL dungeons. Do your leveling roulette every day and then just queue up for whatever highest dungeon you qualify for. You can do the 50/60 roulette too to change it up a bit. And trial roulette.

PotD might be the fastest on paper way to level but what are you racing for? Do what you enjoy. I don't even level my DPS 50-60 in PotD because its loving mindnumbing.

For additional content, I'm now a double furry

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
with everyone else off the table there's no loving around with stack markers or petrifies, and flood of naught/almagest is a joke to heal through if you don't have to worry about allagan field. plus you don't have to use any cooldowns to heal, so the gently caress-you off-schedule grand cross delta + almagest after isn't a threat.

the healer just does three color lasers/flood of naughts, the same way you've been doing it the whole fight, then hits a button.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i mean obviously if your group has GCO down already you shouldn't switch, it is a dps loss.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

50-60 dr is fun because you can just chain pull the entire dungeon and dynasty warriors the trash. I’m still not sure how it compares xp-wise to just running the latest dungeon you have available, but it’s usually quick and it’s a nice change of pace from the grind.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Instead of doing 70 potd runs to go 50-60 do like 4 lldrs and 4 raid roulettes.

Throw in a squadron palace or heavensward beast tribe if you wanna get ~~crazy~~

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 20, 2017

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Rascyc posted:

Scholar was over buffed anyway, nobody should complaining about that job.

But goddamn is it the most fun~

I wasn't complaining about it at all, it's fun! Plus it's nice to not be super-reliant on having a good DPS like Astro can be. With that said, it's not nearly as straightforward, the fact that you have to choose between using your resource for more damage or more healing makes it a bit more complex than AST.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I beat FFXIV!

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ruta posted:

I want to see this.

Edit: for the record, I'm not saying you should save the LB for DPS. I'm just not convinced it's easier to get the healer to solo than it would be to just learn it.

I mean it changes a combination of stack, knockback shriek and whatever else mechanics that everyone must do correctly or wipe into the healer dodges two antilights with no additional mechanics and gets hit by the third one before lb ressing everyone. There is absolutely zero debate on which one is easier

For the record I am in the same static as bleu, and gco is the easiest part of the fight for everyone involved doing with that strat. basically every other mechanic is harder by comparison

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rhonne posted:

I wish all the races had as much of a difference between the two types as the humans do. Instead, most of them are "this one has a funny nose and different skin options"

I'll have you know that being forced to choose between little fangs and vertical pupils was one of the most difficult decisions of the whole game.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jay Rust posted:

I beat FFXIV!

Everyone hates those boots but I jam them into every gear set I possibly can on bard, they're so spicy

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Jay Rust posted:

I beat FFXIV!

Jesus, there is actually an ending and you achieved it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

a kitten posted:

I'll have you know that being forced to choose between little fangs and vertical pupils was one of the most difficult decisions of the whole game.

I agree, it is animal abuse to not let you take both.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Jay Rust posted:

I beat FFXIV!

Seems a bit sacreligious to be using Amon's Hat on a MCH. Just the hat, though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I beat FFXIV!

Rad Max

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2uJl8XDDGA

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Jinh posted:

Everyone hates those boots but I jam them into every gear set I possibly can on bard, they're so spicy

This just in: hating those boots makes you wrong and ugly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"I'm going to ruin your fiesta runs!"

Bolow posted:

So I'm super burnt the gently caress out on PotD, and kind of want to start working on my DRK. Are the Command Missions decent XP all the way to 60 or am I still condemned to do the 50-60 grind in there?

You could always do PvP to level and get access to PvP glams as a bonus; but yeah, do the regular stuff as a DRK.

The main reason to heal or tank a CM is to get a feel for the class in a low pressure setting.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I beat FFXIV!

What is that hat I MUST HAVE IT

E: Also how is pvp exp these days? I haven't played any Frontline since that change

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 20, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Magres posted:

What is that hat I MUST HAVE IT

E: Also how is pvp exp these days? I haven't played any Frontline since that change

Amon’s hat, a brd/ mch drop in CT2. Dehumanize yourself and embrace the grind

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Syrcus Tower is fun, not so much after the 50th run but the Crystal Tower series has such great glams.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Syrcus Tower is fun, not so much after the 50th run but the Crystal Tower series has such great glams.

Syrcus is the best of the 3 because it takes like 10 minutes now.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Wacky Delly posted:

Syrcus needs a lower item sync badly. Every fight is just a punching bag until the boss remembers it actually has mechanics, except oops it died thirty seconds ago.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Wacky Delly posted:

It's weird, Syrcus was probably the hardest of the three CT things on launch; every boss had at least one Do This Or Wipe mechanic. Nowadays you can ignore the mechanics completely (except for Ancient Quaga I guess) and blow through it in 10-15 minutes. LotA still has some Bone Zone, meteors, and Ancient Flare, and WoD has some mean parts with Angra whatever and the Cloud of Darkness, and level sync weirdness means it's not as much of a massacre as the other two.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Angra whatever

Angry Mango

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Squadron Stone Vigil is kind of nuts. 400k xp every 8 minutes. Took me from 42 to 49 in about an hour.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Is there any worse feeling than trying to figure out when to Ten Chi Jin on a new boss and getting it wrong every single time?

super sweet best pal posted:

"I'm going to ruin your fiesta runs!"

I like you.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

Is there any worse feeling than trying to figure out when to Ten Chi Jin on a new boss and getting it wrong every single time?

I like you.

Yes. It’s being a smn and hitting DWT right before the boss goes invuln for 15 seconds

Actually I take that back; it’s having a cheesy macro bound to Living Dead and casting it right after you die

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

SonicRulez posted:

Imagine a Wildfire exploding on an invincible boss, forever.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
My personal bane of existence as a BLM is hard casting flare and watching as my target dies right before I finish casting flare. :negative:

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

SonicRulez posted:

I like you.

TCJ and you have to move immediately (why does it go away on movement whhhyyyyyy)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I want you all to imagine being a Bard when Straighter Shot procs, you hit Barrage and go to fire off Refulgent Arrow and then the boss goes away.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Last night I did ala mhigo as RDM and accidentally back flipped into an art of the sword line that killed both me and the healer.

I did, however, learn that a pld who remembers they have clemency does not need a healer on that boss

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Just a reminder: if you are still wanting to work on YoKai stuff, you have :siren: 11 days remaining :siren:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
grudgingly barraging an empyreal arrow on brd, only to have your next heavy shot proc refulgent

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
benediction goes on cooldown, green numbers floating in the air for a second over the tank's corpse

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
fast instance causes halicarnassus to autoattack immediately after the spellblade holy during library phase, killing the tank from full before you cast finishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
literally everything about judgement bolt in shinryu's first phase