Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

The underwater areas in FFXIV, especially the Ruby Sea, are so loving weird. They are goddamn huge for areas that have almost nothing in them.

The Sea of Clouds, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's what it reminded me of. I don't know why I was thinking of Gran Pulse.

Because FF13 also had a big plains area with steppes in the name.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Brainamp posted:

Because FF13 also had a big plains area with steppes in the name.

Stockholm Syndrome would also have been an acceptable answer for this.

(Because FF13 was bad)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Steppes made me really wish for some settings tweek to push the draw distance to some absurd level.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
ff13's combat system, was, good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I made it to the final boss of FF13 and had no idea who it was or why I was fighting it

FF13-2 proved that the only real problem in it was the plot though, I loved that game

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Ibblebibble posted:

I think the best thing about Lochs is the music which might be one of my favourite zone themes.

The Lochs and Azim Steppe do have some of the best background music in the entire game. The Lochs in particular has this awesome combination of foreboding yet triumphant, too bad that the night version of it is kind of meh.

Also, I posted a few days ago about doing some EX/Savage content with other people that were a bit late getting to the level 70/fancy gear train, and got quite a few replies in here, but not a whole lot of more concrete responses (outside of no less than three people offering me their discord channel). So yeah, if anyone's interested, reply here or message me on Discord at Estelle Auberlaint, Smug Elezen#4324. Don't make me put together a recruiting poster in Adobe Illustrator, I barely remember how that thing works.

technically this should probably go on the offsite but I don't know if many people who aren't already active raiders would see it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I want to edit alec baldwin's abc chalkboard to always be casting holy

PUT THAT loving COMMENDATION DOWN

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

ff13's combat system, was, good

:yeah:

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

The Lochs and Azim Steppe do have some of the best background music in the entire game. The Lochs in particular has this awesome combination of foreboding yet triumphant, too bad that the night version of it is kind of meh.

Also, I posted a few days ago about doing some EX/Savage content with other people that were a bit late getting to the level 70/fancy gear train, and got quite a few replies in here, but not a whole lot of more concrete responses (outside of no less than three people offering me their discord channel). So yeah, if anyone's interested, reply here or message me on Discord at Estelle Auberlaint, Smug Elezen#4324. Don't make me put together a recruiting poster in Adobe Illustrator, I barely remember how that thing works.

technically this should probably go on the offsite but I don't know if many people who aren't already active raiders would see it.

I'd definitely participate but I'm still puttering along. I just hit 70 on white mage and finished Emanation so I have some MSQ still left to go thru though.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You must really love sidequests. After the issues the game was having around launch, I pretty much stopped bothering. I hit 70 just before the last dungeon.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I did all side quests because I can't handle going into a zone and seeing an exclamation point marker sitting there

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fister Roboto posted:

PUT THAT loving COMMENDATION DOWN

I wish i knew it well enough to write a full spoof but i'm cooking at the moment.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ibblebibble posted:

I think the best thing about Lochs is the music which might be one of my favourite zone themes.

Walking into that zone for the first time with its music playing and the silhouette of Ala Mhigo looming over in the distance was pretty rad.

Like this:

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 26, 2017

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
So what's the current status of the WF Bahamut groups? Anyone finished phase 3 yet?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

The Lochs night theme is also one of my favourites. :( There's something about the piano that replaces the trumpets that makes it really lovely.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Walking into that zone for the first time with its music playing and the silhouette of Ala Mhigo looming over in the distance was pretty rad.

Like this:

That was a drat good moment in SB, but they've changed the music in the towns in the Lochs to have the generic Ala Mhigan town theme rather than the Lochs day theme, which is a shame.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Too bad bahamut egi was too big for this chart.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Warrior of Light needs seven friends to kill Bahamut on the hardest difficulty, but Louisoix just gave him a left hook.

Why can't we play as Louisoix instead of some random mute?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I wandered out to Hyrstmill after I finished getting the Atma's for my Warrior Relic, because I really like the look of the Atma Bravura. And apparently there was a quest I had missed after completing my Zodiac weapon.

He wants 50 pieces of Alexandrite to make a kettle :psyduck:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Warrior of Light needs seven friends to kill Bahamut on the hardest difficulty, but Louisoix just gave him a left hook.

Presumably because it would be a very short game when you left hook Bahamut and die immediately afterwards.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not if it's a prequel! :colbert:

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Uh, have you actually watched the cutscenes in the Coil?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bolow posted:

So I wandered out to Hyrstmill after I finished getting the Atma's for my Warrior Relic, because I really like the look of the Atma Bravura. And apparently there was a quest I had missed after completing my Zodiac weapon.

Do it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This is seriously good advice.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i decided to start leveling up gatherers starting with Miner and i must say, i knew it was going to be a boring,grindy bit of playtime but i must say it is certainly relaxing in a wierd way. It definitly makes DPS queue times go faster too!

Is there a particular order i need to level these up in like with Crafters or is it basically whatever? I just can't wait until i can start getting maps to do

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Botanist and Miner get the same skills with different names, and Fisher gets a whole different set. There's no ordering, so do what you like.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i decided to start leveling up gatherers starting with Miner and i must say, i knew it was going to be a boring,grindy bit of playtime but i must say it is certainly relaxing in a wierd way. It definitly makes DPS queue times go faster too!

Is there a particular order i need to level these up in like with Crafters or is it basically whatever? I just can't wait until i can start getting maps to do

if you plan on getting everything up to 70 eventually then there is no reason you can't do them all at the same time, letting them all share the same set of gear so you don't have dozens of randomly leveled pieces of gathering gear taking space in your inventory.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sarrisan posted:

if you plan on getting everything up to 70 eventually then there is no reason you can't do them all at the same time, letting them all share the same set of gear so you don't have dozens of randomly leveled pieces of gathering gear taking space in your inventory.

maintaining the will to live is a decent reason not to

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bolow posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyChillyTomatoPhilosoraptor

More Ultimate Baha stuff from Phase 3.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
lol I rolled back the Win 10 fall creator's update and it corrupted my character config files.

I guess now's a good time as ever to re-do my keybinds and UI but man this sucks.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

that's more likely the new wonderful UI bug they introduced

open HUD layout, hit the 2 number in the box on the middle of your screen and then 1 again

it will likely put things back

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ilifinicus posted:

that's more likely the new wonderful UI bug they introduced

open HUD layout, hit the 2 number in the box on the middle of your screen and then 1 again

it will likely put things back

no, the files were straight up corrupted. I had to delete the entire folder and let it repopulate because I couldn't even get past the character select screen.

The wonderful UI bug was nice enough to only reset the position of my job gauge and...change my GC turning setting to "all gear" from "only in inventory". Goodbye Red Mage gear, I didn't really need you anyway. This was before everything got nuked, of course. I haven't fixed it yet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/UglyEnergeticHabaneroFUNgineer

Further progress on Phase 3

Dynamo > Dive > Earth Shaker > Aether Explosion Twintania thing > Hurricanes > [missing a couple more mechanics here cos I forgot their names] > Regular rotation > Baha/Twin divebombs > Megaflare and Nael drops heavensfall, which you need to knock you into towers

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 26, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

jalapeno_dude posted:

Uh, have you actually watched the cutscenes in the Coil?

Yes. I was kidding. I know it killed him and I know it required him to summon the Twelve and suck up a ton of aether.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
are the people who might actually get a world first kill streaming? seems kind of weird to do as it could let other guilds use your strats. It's why the world first wow guilds never stream their progression.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

are the people who might actually get a world first kill streaming? seems kind of weird to do as it could let other guilds use your strats. It's why the world first wow guilds never stream their progression.

lol, I for one am glad this behaviour isn't getting normalized in this game.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah sounds lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

It's probably less of an issue because there's not a series of bosses. If you get to the final boss 3 days ahead of the next guy, streaming your progress can squander your lead. If you all start at the same point, not so much.