Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

The first one did. For reasons I can't remember, you got merged with an elf badass' soul and he can do cool poo poo.

I almost forgot about the 'oh gently caress we're out of money' ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

new ace combat game lookin real pretty, and no sign of that loving terrible DOGFIGHTING MODE bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTlrPM93wF0&t=228s

Full disclosure this dude is confirmed pretty loving bad at this game.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 25, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

rip in peace, Itep

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Slim Pickens posted:

I almost forgot about the 'oh gently caress we're out of money' ending

I got to it late, then pubg dropped and I haven't touched my PS4 since I started playing it. Still haven't finished that one.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

new ace combat game lookin real pretty, and no sign of that loving terrible DOGFIGHTING MODE bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTlrPM93wF0&t=228s

Full disclosure this dude is confirmed pretty loving bad at this game.

Sweet. Last Ace Combat was lame as gently caress.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
axes are just the best

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Third World Reggin posted:

axes are just the best

Until one gets used on you and you become a stump of a man.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Until one gets used on you and you become a stump of a man.

That's what regeneration is for, or that one tonic that grows limbs

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I like the cheevo for wearing your own face

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

Play it until you get to Act IV then YouTube the “true ending.”

Act IV is just a grindy, boring shitfest.

Yeah act IV is a slog if you wanna power through it. Just play it at your own pace, don't burn out :)

Also holy gently caress the new Wolfenstein isn't half-assing things, the opening sequence is really loving difficult to watch.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah act IV is a slog if you wanna power through it. Just play it at your own pace, don't burn out :)

Also holy gently caress the new Wolfenstein isn't half-assing things, the opening sequence is really loving difficult to watch.

Care to elaborate?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Care to elaborate?

Spoiler tags please

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Care to elaborate?

You start as a kid and your mom is protecting you from your dad as you hide in a closet. Your dad is a huge racist that wants to beat your rear end for hanging out with a black girl (you can guess which term he uses), your mom pushes him back and gets clobbered in the face for it. Your dog busts out of the closet and attacks, only to get chucked against a door frame. Cue a little mini boss fight where you're throwing stuff at your dad who just power walks through everything, says you're a weak piece of poo poo, and chokes you out. You wake up in the basement as he's lashing your arms to a saw horse and calls your dog in to eat. Ties dog to wall, shoves a shotgun in your hands tells you to shoot dog. Your window to miss dog is super narrow. Even if you miss he just takes the gun from you and shoots your dog anyway.

gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Man, video games are getting hosed up.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am really bad at Shadow of War. I died like four times so far. It's fun as poo poo though, I'm just running around killing captains.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

You start as a kid and your mom is protecting you from your dad as you hide in a closet. Your dad is a huge racist that wants to beat your rear end for hanging out with a black girl (you can guess which term he uses), your mom pushes him back and gets clobbered in the face for it. Your dog busts out of the closet and attacks, only to get chucked against a door frame. Cue a little mini boss fight where you're throwing stuff at your dad who just power walks through everything, says you're a weak piece of poo poo, and chokes you out. You wake up in the basement as he's lashing your arms to a saw horse and calls your dog in to eat. Ties dog to wall, shoves a shotgun in your hands tells you to shoot dog. Your window to miss dog is super narrow. Even if you miss he just takes the gun from you and shoots your dog anyway.

gently caress.

Dude that's really hosed up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

orange juche posted:

Dude that's really hosed up.

Yeah it was really unpleasant and I'm hoping at some point you take care of it.

Sure explains why BJ is the way he is, though.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Goddamnit I'm struggling really hard to not read that. Are you playing it Beeb or have you just watched streams?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Goddamnit I'm struggling really hard to not read that. Are you playing it Beeb or have you just watched streams?

Don't read it you really don't want to.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Selected streamers/youtubers have copies of the game already iirc

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I don’t wanna read the spoiler but is the graphicness of it on par with the earlier game when the bad nazi dude kills your squad at the start of the game?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
That's downright goddamn cherry compared to this hosed up perverted poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dude McAwesome posted:

I don’t wanna read the spoiler but is the graphicness of it on par with the earlier game when the bad nazi dude kills your squad at the start of the game?

Way beyond the start of the first game. Way, way beyond. Like, the No Russian mission in Call of Duty MW2.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I saw it on a youtube let's play thing. Someone in the Games thread mentioned the game sure starting things off on an unexpected note and I wanted to see what it was. It's loving different alright.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Honestly that was pretty bad but it didn't make me feel nearly as uneasy and anxious like the spoilered bit did. Like that was all ooooh I'm gonna slap your poo poo Deathshead!!! :argh: This is just awful and I really, really, really hope there's some thing where you make it right.

The game sure isn't loving about when it comes to making bad people Bad People.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I preloaded it, looking forward to murdering Nazis on Friday

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Slim Pickens posted:

I preloaded it, looking forward to murdering Nazis on Friday

:same:

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/923275423617830918

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Honestly that was pretty bad but it didn't make me feel nearly as uneasy and anxious like the spoilered bit did. Like that was all ooooh I'm gonna slap your poo poo Deathshead!!! :argh: This is just awful and I really, really, really hope there's some thing where you make it right.

The game sure isn't loving about when it comes to making bad people Bad People.

Having seen it, I'm like 90% sure who the first Nazi BJ killed is

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I do not need spoilers (nor will I read them) to justify playing a video game that is about killing mother loving Nazis and klansmen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I still want to drop LSD and have a technicolor gecko. And since the previews showed Hitler I hope we get to shove an icepick through his skull.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

GTA V is finally on sale, might grab that for thirty bucks and then plow through it in the next four-day.

The microtransaction bullshit is all in the online aspect, right? I'm pretty much looking to only chill through single player like every GTA I've played before, hoping it's decent.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

GTA V is finally on sale, might grab that for thirty bucks and then plow through it in the next four-day.

The microtransaction bullshit is all in the online aspect, right? I'm pretty much looking to only chill through single player like every GTA I've played before, hoping it's decent.

You can get mods that give you all the microtransaction poo poo for single player

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yep, that's all the online stuff. Which kinda sucks as there's a lot more functionality in online than there is single player for some really weird reason. But you can probably duplicate most of it with a cheat tool or something.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
If you end up modding it or using a cheat trainer, make a back up copy first of the game files.

If you have no intention of ever going online, then ignore the previous.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
GTA V is probably one of the best single player open world games just because of the massive variation of poo poo you can do.

I never touched online outside of halfway through the first mission.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Aw yeah three hours to nazi punching time

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Nazi murdering stimulator 2 is about the only game I've ever pre loaded

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it's unlocking :kheldragar:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'd buy and install it, but I just remembered that there's a censored version being distributed in Germany.

Now, my Steam account is still 100% linked to the US, including payment credit card, so I'm being offered the regular version, but I'm kinda concerned with having my game rolled-back or mandatory-patched or something in the future.

Honestly don't even give too much of a gently caress about it being illegal to partake in the distribution of a game where you can punch virtual nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I forgot how god awful slow the unlocking process is on a spinning drive.

This poo poo wasn't even encrypted apparently. It's already on pirate sites. So not even sure what it's doing.