botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

deoju posted:

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/923591809846140929

Justice is blind, but she does have scales...

Seriously,what the gently caress? Is there a thread for this Handmaiden's Tale bullshit?

there's a feminism thread in TGRS that would be a good place for this sort of stuff.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I am quoting the whole thing, because it's a doozy, and you're bound to recognize a few of the players if you pay attention to journalists.

I Have A Confession to Make.. I'm Black.

quote:

I have a confession to make. I’m black.

I’m a black guy with black parents and black relatives and even some black friends. I also work at Morgan State, a historically black university. And since we’re keeping it 100, I’m the political editor at The Root, which you are reading right now, and which was co-founded by, and is still editorially run by, black people.

Writing about black culture, life and politics in a compelling and nuanced way makes some people anxious. In fact, a certain strain of nonblack liberal journalists, the kind who complain about “identity politics” and “establishment Democrats,” find all of this blackity blackness suspect and dangerous, and go out of their way to undermine it.

Some of those very people at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and The Intercept wrote about me, called me a liar and tried to discredit me, all because they didn’t like a story I wrote. I gave them some time to clean it up, apologize or make amends—they didn’t—and now it’s time to clap back.

On Oct. 5 I wrote a piece about the Georgia Democratic gubernatorial primary called, “Black Stacey vs. White Stacey: A Lesson in Race Politics From Georgia.”

The main idea of the piece was that in this post-Sanders-vs.-Clinton world, black Democrats like Stacey Abrams often face two parties: Republicans and white Democrats (like Abrams’ opponent Stacey Evans) so obsessed with “working-class voters” (i.e., Donald Trump supporters) that they marginalize or even attack rising black Democratic stars. The Nation ran a piece, “The Obsession With White Voters Could Cost Democrats the Virginia Governor’s Race,” which tapped into similar themes this week.

This is a conversation that many nonblack liberals want to stifle at all costs. Consequently, a boy band of reporters and wannabe political commentators—Greg Bluestein at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Zaid Jilani and Lee Fang at The Intercept—felt that it was their dirtbag-left duty to shut me up.

In my piece, I wrote about the whisper campaign in Georgia that candidate Stacey Abrams is a lesbian, a rumor stoked in part by the campaign of her opponent Stacey Evans.

A few days later, on Oct. 10, Bluestein questioned my quotes and stated that I was an Abrams “supporter.” This was based on no evidence other than—I don’t know—I’m a black guy? Who writes for a black site? An assumption that is not only unprofessional but also the racially journalistic equivalent of “I thought all black people knew each other.”

That same day, Zaid Jilani from The Intercept decided to give Bluestein a signal boost by posting the hit piece on Twitter and claiming that I hadn’t “fact-checked” my work, despite failing to point out what “facts” were in dispute.

Neither of them called me to clarify or discuss with whom I spoke for my story, a normal professional courtesy among journalists. Even worse, if one is going to throw shade, at least have the courage to @ The Root directly.

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/917780869527547904

Then came the best part. I got the following email at Morgan State University:

quote:

From: Lee Fang <lee.fang@firstlook.org>
Date: October 6, 2017 at 7:54:59 PM EDT
To: mpiarequest@morgan.edu
Subject: ~~MPIArequests~~ MPIA Request

Office of the President
Attn: MPIA Request Dr. Don-Terry Veal, Chief Of Staff
Morgan State University 1700 E. Cold Spring Lane Baltimore, MD 21251

Dear Dr. Don-Terry Veal,
I’m a reporter for The Intercept. I would like to a file a request under the Maryland Public Information Act. Per the Morgan State website on record act requests, please see below:
Name: Lee Fang
Address: First Look / The Intercept 604 Mission Street - 7th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105
Specify the records that you are requesting: I am requesting a copy of all emails, including attachments, sent by or received by Professor Jason Johnson (Jason.johnson@morgan.edu) containing the word “Abrams” or “Evans” during the 2017 calendar year. I would also like to receive a copy of all emails, including attachments, between Professor Johnson and the following individuals: Stacey Abrams, Sinclair R. Abraham, Caitlin Highland, Priyanka Mantha, Danny Glover and Lauren Groh-Wargo during 2017. If possible, I would like to view the emails in electronic format.

Journalist Lee Fang (also from The Intercept) sent a Freedom of Information Act request to the university for my emails. While it’s common for professors and academics to receive FOIA requests, let’s be clear: Fang was not reaching out to me as an academic. He wanted to know what I was doing as a journalist, and as journalistic standards go, this is about as out-of-bounds, despicable and cowardly as you can get.

FOIA requests are a tactic used to expose vast corruption, dirty cops and human rights abuses, not to snoop after other journalists who say things you don’t like. I guess Fang was hoping to find some type of nefarious collusion between me and the Stacey Abrams campaign (which is ironic, since I thought The Intercept didn’t believe in collusion).

I’m surprised that Fang thinks I’d be dumb enough to communicate with any political source on my work email. That’s Journalism 101. He might need to retake that class; I’ll save him a seat when I teach it next fall.

I honored the FOIA request, but I didn’t have anything to give him because there was nothing to give.

I am all for journalists rigorously challenging each other in search of the truth, but to use such over-the-top methods to attack a fellow journalist about one little Democratic primary seems like overkill. My beat is black politics. What’s their motivation?

Is is just a coincidence that gubernatorial candidate Stacey Evans, Greg Bluestein and Zaid Jilani all overlapped at different times at the University of Georgia? Or that Zaid Jilani worked at the same college paper Bluestein did? Or that Zaid and Fang both interned at ThinkProgress at the same time?

Is it a coincidence that in the same week that my column ran, Fang sent the FOIA request, followed by Bluestein writing a hit piece and Jilani tweeting that I was a liar? Are they just a bunch of frustrated Bernie Bro friends working as attack dogs for Stacey Evans under the guise of being journalists?

But, wait, there’s more! Does the fact that Bluestein suggested that Marcus Ferrell, former Abrams campaign staffer (and former head of black outreach for the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign), was up to something after appearing on a Kremlin-backed news station discredit his journalism?

Does the fact that Zaid Jilani left his job at ThinkProgress (an arm of the Center for American Progress) after a series of disputed anti-Semitic tweets, and believes that “identity politics” fuel the right wing, make him less legitimate?

Is Lee Fang just a liberal hack with a penchant for error-riddled and misleading reports, topless pics and smoking weed?

Does the fact that all of these men seem to be particularly caustic when writing about people like Kamala Harris, Stacey Abrams and Samuel Sinyangwe while giving similar white politicians a pass make them a bunch of condescending, liberal, anti-black racists?

Or, maybe, association isn’t causation. That just because I’m an African American writing about black politics doesn’t mean I am a surrogate for every black person about whom I write.

Just like the fact that Bluestein, Fang and Jilani have a history of attacking black campaign veterans, politicians and journalists doesn’t mean that they’re a bunch of smug, racist trolls.
Or, maybe, association isn’t causation. That just because I’m an African American writing about black politics doesn’t mean I am a surrogate for every black person about whom I write.

Just like the fact that Bluestein, Fang and Jilani have a history of attacking black campaign veterans, politicians and journalists doesn’t mean that they’re a bunch of smug, racist trolls.

Just like the fact that because they have overlapping educations and careers doesn’t necessarily mean they actually know one another and are working in support of Stacey Evans.

You see, I can play the baseless innuendo game, too, but I’ve got receipts.

Check out the source, because I didn't link to all the sources and receipts they actually have.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Chomskyan posted:

I think you missed my point and are being pretty condescending, but if you want to post some links about the organizations you've mentioned feel free. Literally nobody is stopping you from doing something productive in this thread. In fact, I encourage you to do so
:confused:
Did you mean to quote a different post?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

botany posted:

there's a feminism thread in TGRS that would be a good place for this sort of stuff.

This too. Just noticed that this happened in Quebec, not the US, which is kinda surprising. Thought this might've been some shitheel elected judge

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Can we talk about how scary Jane Doe's story in Texas is, and what it reveals about where reproductive rights are going? They tried to force a 17yo in US Custody into being a walking incubator even though she wanted and had her own money to pay for her abortion. She just got her abortion yesterday, after a month of ACLU involvement. And she's not the only one it's happening to...

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
poo poo I'm an idiot for over looking the location.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Can we talk about how scary Jane Doe's story in Texas is, and what it reveals about where reproductive rights are going? They tried to force a 17yo in US Custody into being a walking incubator even though she wanted and had her own money to pay for her abortion. She just got her abortion yesterday, after a month of ACLU involvement. And she's not the only one it's happening to...

People in custody generally don't get humane access to medical care in the US.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Trabisnikof posted:

People in custody generally don't get humane access to medical care in the US.

Also, in general, Americans wrongly believe that both prisoners and immigrants, especially undocumented immigrants and any overlap of those groups, don’t have meaningful rights or ought not to.

Also also Americans still basically buy into “needing an abortion = slut” beliefs.

The whole business between the Root and Intercept went way off the rails into crazy town when they started trying to FOIA other journalists goddamn.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Can we talk about how scary Jane Doe's story in Texas is, and what it reveals about where reproductive rights are going? They tried to force a 17yo in US Custody into being a walking incubator even though she wanted and had her own money to pay for her abortion. She just got her abortion yesterday, after a month of ACLU involvement. And she's not the only one it's happening to...

I was lucky enough to get an IUD funded by the ACA right before trump got elected. I wanted to have secure birth control just in case of poo poo like this. If anyone who needs one can get an IUD (If you can get to one, Planned Parenthood will do it on a sliding scale fee if you don't have insurance.) I encourage you to do so. There are both hormonal and non-hormonal ones, and they come in a pretty big variety, so chances are you can find one right for you.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Chomskyan posted:

I think you missed my point and are being pretty condescending, but if you want to post some links about the organizations you've mentioned feel free. Literally nobody is stopping you from doing something productive in this thread. In fact, I encourage you to do so

Then ease on back with the centrist labels, my man.

Gimme a bit to get back to base and I’ll post some info.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Can we talk about how scary Jane Doe's story in Texas is, and what it reveals about where reproductive rights are going? They tried to force a 17yo in US Custody into being a walking incubator even though she wanted and had her own money to pay for her abortion. She just got her abortion yesterday, after a month of ACLU involvement. And she's not the only one it's happening to...

Also the creepy statements about how the administration was her acting as her foster father.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Koalas March posted:

[...]

[/quote]

yeah, the Fang/Jilani crew are real good on privacy issues and have no political compass beyond a vague sense of cultural liberalism on any others.

that their reaction to someone hitting them from the left is "WHO IS PAYING YOU TO GO AFTER ME" is several million percent unsurprising

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Koalas March posted:

[...]

I feel like this is a perfect example of how hosed up the current norms are. There seems to be an extrodinary amount of people who believe racism is over. :psyduck:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Koalas March posted:

[...]

But, wait, there’s more! Does the fact that Bluestein suggested that Marcus Ferrell, former Abrams campaign staffer (and former head of black outreach for the presidential campaign), was up to something after appearing on a Kremlin-backed news station discredit his journalism?

Does the fact that Zaid Jilani left his job at ThinkProgress (an arm of the Center for American Progress) after a series of disputed anti-Semitic tweets, and believes that “identity politics” fuel the right wing, make him less legitimate?

Is Lee Fang just a liberal hack with a penchant for error-riddled and misleading reports, topless pics and smoking weed?

Does the fact that all of these men seem to be particularly caustic when writing about people like , Stacey Abrams and Samuel Sinyangwe while giving similar white politicians a pass make them a bunch of condescending, liberal, anti-black racists?

[...]

:boom: That was amazing.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Koalas March posted:

I am quoting the whole thing, because it's a doozy, and you're bound to recognize a few of the players if you pay attention to journalists.

I Have A Confession to Make.. I'm Black.

Check out the source, because I didn't link to all the sources and receipts they actually have.

I don’t know much of Jilani and Fang, but what have seen from them, I thought they were dumbasses. This confirms my thought.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

theCalamity posted:

I don’t know much of Jilani and Fang, but what have seen from them, I thought they were dumbasses. This confirms my thought.

I think Fang had a super brief stint of popularity immediately after the 2016 election for stating some of the bullheaded behaviors driving the Democratic establishment, and then pretty much jumped off a cliff with two lead weights strapped to his feet at the fault of no one but himself.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ze Pollack posted:

yeah, the Fang/Jilani crew are real good on privacy issues and have no political compass beyond a vague sense of cultural liberalism on any others.

that their reaction to someone hitting them from the left is "WHO IS PAYING YOU TO GO AFTER ME" is several million percent unsurprising

It’s funny because they could’ve hidden behind plausible deniability “well he’s just an establishment shill” until they decided to full on try and bludgeon him with the law to get at his sources. That’s some hosed up poo poo.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, posts along the lines of "heh if you're posting about politics on the internet, clearly you're a lazy do-nothing" are really obnoxious, especially since they're universally aimed at the left. I don't think I've ever seen someone on the left attack liberals in this same way. I think it's part of a broader strategy to try and slander the left as a bunch of immature whiny children (contrasted with the calm, reasonable liberal who Knows How To Get Things Done).

I’ll tell you why my hackles are up.

Couple of weeks ago, there was a minor kerfuffle about campaign literature. Justin Fairfax, Lt Gov candidate, is anti-pipeline. LiUNA, the people that would theoretically build said pipeline, withheld their endorsement and requested campaign literature that didn’t feature him. So the LiUNA only mailings had one thing without him, and one thing from the VA AFL-CIO with him.

This somehow lead to leftist groups - your Our Revolution types and so on - to declare Ralph Northam a centrist appeaser who stabbed their ally in the back, and inferred racist motivation (Fairfax is the only POC on the ticket). They declared their refusal to vote for Northam and encouraged others to do the same.

These are people who fought for Tom Periello, Northam’s primary opponent and Bernie-aligned dude who every union endorsed. Since the primary, they have made no phone calls, knocked no doors, and done nothing but complain on the internet.

I won’t lie. I’ve had more goons show up via PM’s via these posts than leftists show up at my door. And I get irritated because our active base looks for reasons to identify out. Republicans, on the other hand, invariably identify IN, and I don’t know how to work on that.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Fang's reply, fwiw https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/923588195182198784

Would be interested in knowing whether the FOIA request complies with journalistic ethics and whether he's made similar FOIAs against white journalists (though "journalists subject to FOIA" has to be a pretty small group).

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 26, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Fang's reply, fwiw https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/923588195182198784

Would be interested in knowing whether the FOIA request complies with journalism ethics and whether he's made similar FOIAs against white journalists (though "journalists subject to FOIA" has to be a pretty small group).

I don't know about journalistic norms, but doing FOIA stuff is basically Fang's main role at The Intercept. Most of the articles he posts are straightforward "I sent a FOIA request, revealing that congressman X is being funded by Y" so it's not surprising that he would be sending them out.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Your Boy Fancy posted:

[...]

I'm not saying this is the singular answer, but maybe because the culture of the party has been wrongheaded for 20+ years now. "The party of the worker" has largely been a fabrication bought by the voting base much the same way republicans sell that they are the "fiscally responsible" party. There's been largely no evidence of either from either side for decades, which is why we need younger people to replace those whom have decided already what the rules are even as circumstances worsen.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Would be interested in knowing whether the FOIA request complies with journalism ethics and whether he's made similar FOIAs against white journalists (though "journalists subject to FOIA" has to be a pretty small group).

This Twitter chain basically amounts to “No You.”

Notably he asserts that Johnson isn’t a journalist at all, that he’s broken no stories, and is merely an opinion writer. His words, not mine. Make of that what you will.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
OurRev considered one of the co-authors of California's Single-Payer Bill to be "too establishment" in the primary for the CA-34 special election.

[...]

Just got done reading the original article, and reading a little about Evans and Abrams

Before I go into the behavior of the Georgia dems, I want to go into the behavior of fang et al.

While the original piece doesn't pull any punches wrt bernie, I see no reason so far why any leftist would support Evans over Abrams. Abrams' campaign appears to discuss aid for the poor more than anything from Evans' campaign, which is actually p sparse on policy compared to Abrams. Further, while abrams talks about "access to affordable healthcare", so does Evans... however, Abrams has the endorsement of Nina turner, who we know is really and truly interested in no-one being left behind wrt healthcare regardless of financial situation. So, I cannot see any reason for fang and the others to go after the article author at all except because he's not particularly kind to the bernie left in his article. Which is p thin skinned and self-defeating imo cause Abrams seems like a great candidate and the main thrust of the article is the lovely way she's being treated by establishment dems despite that.

So, in the original article, the author brings up the dems pulling the exact same bullshit they were pulling with ellison on Abrams. She's being cast as an angry black woman, she's being smeared as a lesbian (which is something no democrat should care about, not something that is the field of leftists or leftism at all) and dems are biting their nails over whether a black woman will drive working class voters away. This is p much the same kind of attacks ellison faced (cept sub lesbian with muslim) and iirc obama faced this bullshit too. And it's absolutely disgusting and needs to stop. Obama being black didn't stop him from being wildly popular, so dems pretending that it was just a fluke and this time the working class will spurn democrats because they ran a black person has to stop. In fact, I'd say anyone suggesting that bullshit needs to be driven out of the party themselves cause they are reinforcing white supremacy by "cowering" in the face of unmanifested racism. Hell, I'd say their concerns are a manifestation of racism itself.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 26, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Notably he asserts that Johnson isn’t a journalist at all, that he’s broken no stories, and is merely an opinion writer. His words, not mine. Make of that what you will.

That's a pretty weird claim for Fang to be making when it is pretty clear that Johnson doesn't just write exclusively opinion pieces: https://kinja.com/drjasonpolitics

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Trabisnikof posted:

People in custody generally don't get humane access to medical care in the US.

Well this is a big pile o' bullshit. They're absolutely supposed to get access to medical care, by law. And even if they often don't it doesn't mean we shouldn't be upset when much-needed medical care is denied.

She is in custody from getting caught at the border during a crossing and is in a US shelter until her case is settled, not in jail. Once they examined her in custody, they and she discovered she was pregnant - she had not previously known. This is when she decided she wanted an abortion and would pay for it, and when the government began intervening, as there is apparently a new policy coming from the Office of Refugee Resettlement that allows it to veto an unaccompanied minors’ abortion decision. They basically tried to hold her by force in the shelter they were keeping her in until it would be too late to abort.

poo poo, a judge in Texas even allowed Jane Doe to get the judicial waiver the abortion under Texas law (by state law anyone under 18 must get consent from guardians/parents for abortions). She even got a guardian and attourney assigned by the state, who respected her decision and were going to transport her, until the federal government stepped in saying that doing so would be tantamount to “facilitating abortion.”

Radish posted:

Also the creepy statements about how the administration was her acting as her foster father.

According to the ACLU, the man we have to blame for all this paternal 'we know what's better for her' creepiness is https://www.acf.hhs.gov/about/leadership/scott-lloyd

Known for such hits as Knights of Columbus and Terri Schiavo
http://www.kofc.org

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 26, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

deoju posted:

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/923591809846140929

Justice is blind, but she does have scales...

Seriously,what the gently caress? Is there a thread for this Handmaiden's Tale bullshit?

Not surprised it was in Qubec.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Oxxidation posted:

leftists and trump have a great deal in common

- oversized children
- hate democrats
- have a Tweet for a brain

with “allies” like you who needs enemies

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

with “allies” like you who needs enemies

Remember Oxxidation is a fulchrum clone. So, just a utter sociopath who doesn't want their taxes raised.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Condiv posted:

[...]

This is a great post overall but I think it's worth pointing out that the sexuality smear is especially insidious because we're talking about Georgia and a black woman and it's an extremely obvious play for non-black suburbanites to be hateful towards her.

Trabisnikof posted:

That's a pretty weird claim for Fang to be making when it is pretty clear that Johnson doesn't just write exclusively opinion pieces: https://kinja.com/drjasonpolitics

lmao

Of course the black guy "isn't a real journalist" and "has broken no stories" what a prick ahaha.

The fucker deleted the tweet though or at least I can't find it. :mad:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

with “allies” like you who needs enemies

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
By the way Trump is giving some speech or whatever on the opioid crisis - not that you care, or should.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nevvy Z posted:

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!

that room was huge, they totally could have set up a wrestling or boxing ring next to the giant table

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Office Pig posted:

By the way Trump is giving some speech or whatever on the opioid crisis - not that you care, or should.

Is this week finally the time for the ~state of emergency~???

note: no, no it is not.

edit:

boner confessor posted:

yeah it's printed on your pay stub dude

normally i would agree that the average american is not particularly observant but lol if you think that anyone who works for a wage job isn't incredibly aware of how much of a slice the government takes out of their paycheck

(quote is from the trump thread)

I have a question: is there any serious talk or movement to try and make reducing or eliminating sales taxes at the local and state level and replacing them with progressive income taxes a thing on the left? I feel like it ought to be and that it would help poorer people who make less money, based on what I know of tax systems, but maybe I'm super dumb and wrong (I'm super dumb and wrong anyways).

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 26, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that room was huge, they totally could have set up a wrestling or boxing ring next to the giant table

Remember, the original ending had them engage in a pie fight.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 26, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Your Boy Fancy posted:

So the House just passed the tax cutting thing by four votes and you all are still banging on about Hillary Clinton, huh?

Right on.

USPOL: Yes But Hillary

What exactly do you want to talk about WRT the tax cut

because if you want we can just have half a page of "Yes. That is bad."

like, what exactly do people who downvote threads with actual debating want out of a D&D thread. Dadchat and Trump TVIV?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Talmonis posted:

This thread is a prime example of why we're going to get crushed again in 2018 and likely 2020. The far leftists among us loving despise "Liberals" even more than centrists

Which is why a greater proportion of Sanders supporters turned out for Clinton in 2016, than Clinton supporters turned out for Obama in 2008.:nallears:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Your Boy Fancy posted:

[...]

Maybe they shouldn't have betrayed Fairfax and sold out to corporate interests. It's pretty transparent that lobbying dollars are more important than representing voters and their interests. So why wouldn't people be excited and passionate about knocking and doors to usher in a group that dropped them at the first wiggle of a checkbook?
:iiam:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Remember Oxxidation is a fulchrum clone. So, just a utter sociopath who doesn't want their taxes raised.

What's your end game Crowsbeak?

I mean you've been trying to radicalize people here a long time. At least one of our more notable accelerationists is from you. What radicalized you?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Las Vegas shooting victims are receiving death threats from conspiracy theorists who believe they are actors and can't afford their medical bills on top of it.

  • Locked thread