Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Meiteron posted:

I'm loving sorry are those the goddamn motherfucking dragon helpers from loving T9 and also Ultimate Phase 2 just chilling in the outside in that upper right screenshot

gently caress my life

E: Twin and Bahamut are up there too so this is the fifth trio attack oh my god why would you do I can't even

https://clips.twitch.tv/GentleThankfulVanillaHassanChop

PLD op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

I've never passed up on making 10,000,000 gil with less hesitation.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 28, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rascyc posted:

what if we're just

did that dude ever get out of prison for tax fraud

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Reiterpallasch posted:

He never went to prison.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Reiterpallasch posted:

thats an anime girl

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

There was some blurb in the encyclopedia about some contraption in Azys Lla that was originally used to talk to communicate with Bahamut Jail that got repurposed for interstellar communication. So I guess we could get some Allagan spacemans in the future

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They solved the heavensfall knock into towers successfully, then the orange zones in the third picture chase you around the arena.

Then Bahamut returns to his normal rotation and based on the time passed and HP totals, the first two pictures are the fifth and final based on datamining Trio mechanic.

It's the furthest part of the fight publically known so far.

Looking over the datamine myself, there might be six trio attacks. The two we have yet to see are "Tenstrike Trio" and "Grand Octet". One is explicitly called a trio attack, and I have a hard time believing this is Tenstrike considering it has an octet of dragons.

Which begs the question of why one is happening before the other despite what was listed on the datamine. Perhaps they phase-pushed?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SL the Pyro posted:

Looking over the datamine myself, there might be six trio attacks. The two we have yet to see are "Tenstrike Trio" and "Grand Octet". One is explicitly called a trio attack, and I have a hard time believing this is Tenstrike considering it has an octet of dragons.

Which begs the question of why one is happening before the other despite what was listed on the datamine. Perhaps they phase-pushed?

This is Grand Octet.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I was actually pretty all right with this patch's MSQ and didn't understand the complaints until I got to this last step. Just what in the world?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Archyduke posted:

I've never passed up on making 10,000,000 gil with less hesitation.
Cute beats loot, always take the minion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rascyc posted:

I was actually pretty all right with this patch's MSQ and didn't understand the complaints until I got to this last step. Just what in the world?

Put the duty button on a keybind and spare yourself the frustration. Trying to click that button with my mouse led to the game not registering what I was doing until it was too late.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Put the duty button on a keybind and spare yourself the frustration. Trying to click that button with my mouse led to the game not registering what I was doing until it was too late.

The first part went well enough for me, even if it was a bit hairy sprinting back and forth wildly. Then I got to the actual fight part of the duty, got about halfway through it, and got nailed for 40,000 damage by the big targeted AOE thing. Fordola didn't have her barrier up, I wasn't standing in a second AOE, it just decided to hit for 10,000 more health than my maximum.

I just went back in as a Scholar and made sure to have a full Adlo shield on me at all times after that. Took like 20 minutes but it worked.

That said, I would like to know who thought that duty was a good idea so I can throw something at them.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Just lol if your WoL isn't a tank.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
At that part, considering the NPCs were all "Hurry, we won't last longer assfsdafs", I wound up doing my RDM combo on her in a panic and wound up slightly out of the barrier.

Of course, since my mouse issues ensured I repeated that thing multiple times, I had so much Echo that it barely scratched me and I ran back into the barrier and finished the duty. :v:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

To anyone who cares: Ultimania stream will be going live in 5 hours, providing there are no hang-ups.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: Attention friends :siren: my static, Maximum Dirt, will be having a melee dps slot open up soon. We are currently doing ultimate prog which should tell you around where your skill level should be at. At minimum you should have neo exdeath experience though a kill is not strictly necessary.

Even with that scary requirement I wouldn't call us hardcore. We're just a bunch of dudes who somehow Helen Keller our way through fights. Atmosphere is usually relaxed and I rarely have to crack the whip. Basically The Bad News Bears of raiding. If you get really worked up or tend to yell at other people (my job) this is probably a bad fit for you. Likewise if you're very progression oriented and focused, that isn't quite us.

Nin or Drg are preferred but sam is also acceptable if you play it well and don't mind me cursing your name.

Raid times are 8:30 to 10:30 PDT every Wednesday Friday and Sunday. Punctuality is god.

If you're interested, message:
Holli Would#2113 on discord (Best)
Holli Would in game (okay)

You could be trying out as soon as next week!

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like that's my shittiest recruitment post yet. We're doomed.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Velthice posted:

I feel like that's my shittiest recruitment post yet. We're doomed.

If you compare the number of people that won't apply to your static to the number of people that will, your recruitment drive does seem to be a failure.

Sorry about that.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How many people have neo exdeath xp but no static?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xun posted:

i know people who have beaten O4S only using pugs

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
groups implode all the time for all the reasons at all levels of prog, so no harm in asking

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

also this

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Xun posted:

There's tons of people in the recruitment discords who fit that criteria. Also this was a really easy tier for some and people are looking to jump.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

Xun posted:

Didn't yoship (lol yoship auto corrects to Yoshida) down o4s in a pug?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Huh thats weird, back when I was pugging I could barely find groups that could even do OS2 right :shrug:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Countblanc posted:

thats an anime girl

Thank you

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xun posted:

Huh thats weird, back when I was pugging I could barely find groups that could even do OS2 right :shrug:

this is still the norm.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

hihifellow posted:

Didn't yoship (lol yoship auto corrects to Yoshida) down o4s in a pug?

The japanese PuG scene is pretty different though, from what I remember reading. More people use it over forming full time statics and such so there is an actual sizable pool of competent players to work with was the deal, I think? The etiquette around using the duty finder is quite different too, where PF is for practice and then duty finder is when you feel confident and want to go for the clear.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Xun posted:

O3S seems to have a higher success rate than O2S in pugs for me some weeks. Theres a big selection effect going on.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

My nightmare is over I finally got a clear party that could actually kill O2S.

Now onward to O3S and Shin EX :shepicide:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Xun posted:

The general population is gradually learning the fights, but also more importantly they have better gear now. Even the casualest of casuals will be able to have a full set of 340 armor and a 330 weapon in a few weeks.

I think they've really struck the right balance with raiding so far in Stormblood.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Obligatum VII posted:

The japanese PuG scene is pretty different though, from what I remember reading. More people use it over forming full time statics and such so there is an actual sizable pool of competent players to work with was the deal, I think? The etiquette around using the duty finder is quite different too, where PF is for practice and then duty finder is when you feel confident and want to go for the clear.
There's a JP guy on Balance who swears that pug life on JP is very much just as lovely. Something like the approach may be different but they are just as mistake probe and quick to lob blame and fail to clear. I remember him finally pug clearing o4s in a pug about a month after launch and that dude was always trying whenever I checked in.

That's my input on this topic!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

:siren: Ultimania is live! :siren: Time to see how bad of an idea this was! COME AND BE MERRY WITH US!

Countblanc posted:

it's me, I'm the guy who didn't wait for his raid static

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
your pip cam shot is ridic

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I keep watching you do the vanu vanu dance instead of the fight

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
Mad Snake Eaters is currently looking for a permanent DPS for finishing up O3S and looking to move onto O4S progression. We are a semi-casual and chill static that raids twice a week Friday/Saturday starting at 10:30 EST and finishing at 1 AM. Please PM me through discord if interested - you can find me in the FFGoons Discord or send a PM directly to Olesh#0527.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Well, that was a good first night, all told. We got Twintania down to 15%. Just need to clean up her third phase (and find a regular healer).

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

The first part went well enough for me, even if it was a bit hairy sprinting back and forth wildly. Then I got to the actual fight part of the duty, got about halfway through it, and got nailed for 40,000 damage by the big targeted AOE thing. Fordola didn't have her barrier up, I wasn't standing in a second AOE, it just decided to hit for 10,000 more health than my maximum.

I just went back in as a Scholar and made sure to have a full Adlo shield on me at all times after that. Took like 20 minutes but it worked.

That said, I would like to know who thought that duty was a good idea so I can throw something at them.

I just did it tonight and had a great time. I play on controller and so the duty actions weren't a big deal. The rest was really cool and I had fun.

Obviously my experience isn't yours and I hope they work out some of the rough edges to make it better for everyone because having these more complex solo instances with your NPC bros is much more engaging and delivers a better experience.

I hope the afore mentioned complaints aren't going to dissuade them, and the guy that thought of this idea has some more of them. They just need to iron it out a bit more.

That said wiping in the solo instances feels much worse than wiping in a group. I think it boils down to three things:
1) They can be quite long, and retrying often has you redo the whole thing with trash and not just the boss. I failed the Kojin sworn instance today right at the end, and it sends you back through the whole thing. In multiplayer content, you usually go right back to the boss.
2) The directions and objectives can be unclear. Coupled with unexpected things, it can result in situations where you've failed long before you realized it, because you needed to be doing something from the start. Like the WHM 50 quest, I didn't heal the tree before it was too late, but it let me play through 3/4ths of the whole thing. In new multiplayer content you do bump into unknown mechanics, but they are usually quick and clear about what wiped you. Not "Oh I should have been attacking this unamed NPC before the named NPC, or else this friendly unamed NPC dies 2/3rs through the fight and doesn't heal me before the big boss attack."
3) Aside from #2, failure in the solo instance is usually your fault. There's nobody else to blame in this, no pugs, no team, just your fault. It just feels worse than losing together.

itskage fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 29, 2017

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
My personal beef in solo instances like 4.1 MSQ, overlapping with the #2

4) It's not even about dying, it's some mechanic like Lakshmi tempering one of the delegates. Why even give me Echo buff when that's not the part I keep failing :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

itskage posted:

3) Aside from #2, failure in the solo instance is usually your fault. There's nobody else to blame in this, no pugs, no team, just your fault. It just feels worse than losing together.

I'll have you know it was solely the developers' fault. :smug:

And Raubahn for stacking on me when he should have been scattering. drat noob.

Honestly though I thought it was a lot of fun.