Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

love to, but his username makes googling drat near impossible and the SAS wiki is dead. Long story short, the WORLD has loving ENDED because a CANADIAN TEAM lost to a SOUTHERN EXPANSION TEAM, AGGGH! Much less interesting than it sounds, but a weird dumb hill to die on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sports forums are pretty chill for the most part

Tell that to sba

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

steinrokkan posted:

You will literally get probated in GBS for anything that could be construed as offensive in any way whatsoever. Maybe try reading the sub instead of relying on second hand descriptions from 2013?

I do ageee that GBS never left 2013 the rest is bullshit sadly.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

You will literally get probated in GBS for anything that could be construed as offensive in any way whatsoever. Maybe try reading the sub instead of relying on second hand descriptions from 2013?

You suck dude

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think he was mostly being extremely inappropriate after she posted the most innocuous pajama pics just to show him how real women pose in certain ways because she didn't think he was drawing that correctly. I don't remember dick pics, just making a lot of lewd comments at her after. Classy guy.

I know about that part but I thought Troposphere mentioned or implied that Elsa PMed her a photo of his boner while talking about his reaction to seeing her in pajamas (the most incredibly benign photo of a woman posing in pajamas, to anyone other than Elsa apparently).

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Panfilo posted:

I know about that part but I thought Troposphere mentioned or implied that Elsa PMed her a photo of his boner while talking about his reaction to seeing her in pajamas (the most incredibly benign photo of a woman posing in pajamas, to anyone other than Elsa apparently).

Eugh. It's possible I've suppressed that part.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Panfilo posted:

He PMed her to say he got a boner. His posting style is to sink deeper into whatever creepy or stupid thing he says to make it look like he was joshing and clever the whole time. Like the time he posted an Elsa pinup he made out of edited EVE online art, got made fun of, went to the EVE thread and claimed it was all a brilliant troll, got made fun of again, and changed his username to "Elsa" to show how cool he was with it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Elsa was the king of rolling with the punches all right.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I hope at the very least the jammies had Yodas and poo poo on them.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pastry of the Year posted:

I hope at the very least the jammies had Yodas and poo poo on them.

I would certainly hope they don't have poo poo on them :stonk:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Nuns with Guns posted:

He PMed her to say he got a boner. His posting style is to sink deeper into whatever creepy or stupid thing he says to make it look like he was joshing and clever the whole time. Like the time he posted an Elsa pinup he made out of edited EVE online art, got made fun of, went to the EVE thread and claimed it was all a brilliant troll, got made fun of again, and changed his username to "Elsa" to show how cool he was with it.

Yeah, Elsa is one of those people who posts in a generally non-conversational manner: bringing the conversation around to their self-caused drama. So picking through their rap sheet might be confusing, because mods just have to pick a random post to probate because they generally post in a way that grinds the gears of a conversation without necessarily breaking the rules in a stark manner.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Panfilo posted:

Tiny Brontosaurus, Koalas March, and many other posters including myself have reported racist threads and posts. Mods have gotten plenty of feedback on this issue. It is far easier to get probated or banned for calling out racists than pedophiles on SA.

Uh I've never seen any of you in GBS. There's a good chance I'm using biased anecdotal evidence that Is wrong, and I'd love to be wrong. But if you are trawling a sub you don't post in just to report racism, AND it's a sub that has literally the most active mod on SA in terms of probating racism, yeah you deserve to be the one who gets called out and punished. Genesplicer was quite clear on their outlook for what doesnt fly in gbs and they have done everything in their power to fulfill their promise

Edit: just realized you cited TB and KM, two of the most intentionally reactionary posters on all of SA. I see now that this must have been a facetious post that I failed to see the irony of in my rush to refute. One day, I hope to actually "get" a joke

Drunk Nerds has a new favorite as of 00:18 on Oct 30, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
o you know what? I'd like to disagree with myself. If a forum makes a conscious effort to clean up it's image and you are helping with that, more power to you!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Drunk Nerds posted:

o you know what? I'd like to disagree with myself. If a forum makes a conscious effort to clean up it's image and you are helping with that, more power to you!

you are weird

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Uh I've never seen any of you in GBS. There's a good chance I'm using biased anecdotal evidence that Is wrong, and I'd love to be wrong. But if you are trawling a sub you don't post in just to report racism, AND it's a sub that has literally the most active mod on SA in terms of probating racism, yeah you deserve to be the one who gets called out and punished. Genesplicer was quite clear on their outlook for what doesnt fly in gbs and they have done everything in their power to fulfill their promise

Edit: just realized you cited TB and KM, two of the most intentionally reactionary posters on all of SA. I see now that this must have been a facetious post that I failed to see the irony of in my rush to refute. One day, I hope to actually "get" a joke

Drunk Nerds posted:

“I disagree, I think GBS is good.”

Hmm, pretty good, but how can I make it into three paragraphs while also trashing some people?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ariong posted:

“I disagree, I think GBS is good.”

Hmm, pretty good, but how can I make it into three paragraphs while also trashing some people?

"You can't possibly say that poo poo smells bad if you don't rub it all over your body" is GBS posters' favorite defense of the lovely parts of the subforum.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Drunk Nerds posted:

Uh I've never seen any of you in GBS.

lol at some nobody deriding people for not being well known enough in GBS.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Tell that to sba

Wasn't he the mod of SAS like 5+ years ago? I have vague memories about making fun of the buffalo sabres and him threatening to ban me. What happened to him?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

funmanguy posted:

Wasn't he the mod of SAS like 5+ years ago? I have vague memories about making fun of the buffalo sabres and him threatening to ban me. What happened to him?

He stayed a Sabres fan, god rest his soul.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Best sports saga is still the 49'ers guy.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Rough Lobster posted:

Elsa was the king of rolling with the punches all right.

Elsa is the king of rolling with the punches. I mean he's still an active poster actively creeping on people, and as this is not the gossip-about-posters thread, please shut up about him now?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Sorry that was my really sarcastic way of asking how regulated meth is made, I didn't even realized it was used as a drug, but somehow I remember hearing that before.
The synthesis process is on the Wikipedia page because of course it is. It's a straightforward reaction that anyone who took a year of organic chem could probably manage, but phenylacetone is a Schedule II controlled substance and making it is best left to the professionals
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine#Synthesis

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Oct 30, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Phyzzle posted:

Elsa is the king of rolling with the punches. I mean he's still an active poster actively creeping on people, and as this is not the gossip-about-posters thread, please shut up about him now?

how the gently caress

why

why is he not banned

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I thought he was perma'd?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Astros blew thier chance

Dodgers win the Series

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Astros blew thier chance

Dodgers win the Series

What a forums saga

e: regardless of the thread, it is a loving insane game right now

Olive! has a new favorite as of 06:17 on Oct 30, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Olive! posted:

What a forums saga

e: regardless of the thread, it is a loving insane game right now

it's not the cubs gently caress the series

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

lol at some nobody deriding people for not being well known enough in GBS.

He’s coming at it from a dumb angle but he’s not really wrong that genesplicer is usually on the ball with handling racist/homophobic/transphobic stuff. It’s not always instantaneous and he’s not always perfect with it but it miles above what it used to be

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hell he probated me for being homophobic and I’m a literal gay dude but it’s probably better to err on the side of doubt

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Phyzzle posted:

Pretty sure he finally got permabanned and also, if talking about active posters being dipshits then that means we can't talk about cow steroids guy and who wants to live in that kind of world.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
One of my favorite forums sagas was that SAS poster "may contain peanuts" lost a Toxx bet and ended up spending an entire year making every single post praise the Seattle Seahawks and head coach Pete Carroll. It didn't matter what the post was about, every single post the guy made included it.

The Seattle Seatoxx: This Thread May Contain Peanuts

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Instant Sunrise posted:

One of my favorite forums sagas was that SAS poster "may contain peanuts" lost a Toxx bet and ended up spending an entire year making every single post praise the Seattle Seahawks and head coach Pete Carroll. It didn't matter what the post was about, every single post the guy made included it.

The Seattle Seatoxx: This Thread May Contain Peanuts

I didn't read most of it but the premise is loving hilarious

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

I thought he was perma'd?

Nope. Frozenpussy isn't pema'd yet, he's just been getting serial 1 month probations so you don't see him around.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=212250

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

MisterOblivious posted:

Nope. Frozenpussy isn't pema'd yet, he's just been getting serial 1 month probations so you don't see him around.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=212250

Hey, the last one was self-requested. Maybe he's trying to turn it around.

Anagram of GINGER posted:

they only need to work once!

I'm on both my knees marry me pick you beautiful mind

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:barf:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I think Elsa is funny.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ariong posted:

Hey, the last one was self-requested. Maybe he's trying to turn it around.

:barf:

Oh christ he's back in 11 hours :whitewater:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Time to stop chanting Candyman into the mirror.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I would definitely watch a sitcom with a couple that is Pick and Elsa. Sounds like a good episode of Portlandia.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I think Elsa is funny.

you're also a lovely creepy loser who should have been banned years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I think Elsa is funny.

:wrong: