Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bell_ posted:

Does that mean Shantotto's coming back?

Maybe maybe not, they're completely unrelated events and even debuted at different times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I really want to hang out with Shantotto.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

What makes you think 01-04 aren’t duty finder able? The only one I’ve ever wiped to is 04 with entirely random pugs. Just queue, they barely have mechanics.

Savage on the other hand you want competent groups for.

Sorry, I did mean Savage. I typed that on mobile waiting on an appt.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

hello my group for bads and newbs needs two more healers (or one healer and one DPS if I swap SMN for AST) to get rolling. Though I'd suggest springing for the i320 crafted weapon and shoving the materia the game rains on you into everything.

I'll PM you to talk about some of the details of your group, like what day/time, etc.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ShowTime posted:

Sorry, I did mean Savage. I typed that on mobile waiting on an appt.

O1S and O2S are on par with some of the easier ex primals for difficulty, so don't be afraid to queue up for them in PF. A quick YouTube video and basic competence in your job will get you most of the way there. 3 and 4 are a step up in challenge and much more complicated mechanically, but can still be done with randoms if you're willing to run then enough times to learn what to do (and then run it some more times until you find the PF where the other people know what to do also).

I still think running with a static is more fun regardless.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Should I wait until I get my 330 weapon next week before I start attempting O3S + Shin EX? Currently at 326, but I'll probably be closer to 330'ish by the end of the week provided I can farm enough 1.0 Datalogs. Did around 4.2k on O2S, and that's with loving my cooldowns up in the last half and having to deal with less than great tanks loving me out of positionals

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bolow posted:

Should I wait until I get my 330 weapon next week before I start attempting O3S + Shin EX? Currently at 326, but I'll probably be closer to 330'ish by the end of the week provided I can farm enough 1.0 Datalogs. Did around 4.2k on O2S, and that's with loving my cooldowns up in the last half and having to deal with less than great tanks loving me out of positionals

Mechanics are more important than damage.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The DPS check for O3S isn't that tight anyway. My static beat it in the second week, so none of us had 330 weapons yet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Having good gear helps a lot with imperfect runs and in learning/clear parties every single run is imperfect.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Are you sure you don't have another copy of the quest running for a different class? I've done that once or twice.

I just checked, I can't find that quest anywhere in my completed logs (i'm further in the quest chain), and definitely not from the person who initially gives the quests. I'm additionally not on the relic reborn quest at all.

Still can't figure out whether I need to do atma quest first, and then the original questline becomes available, or if I need to do something else first.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just checked, I can't find that quest anywhere in my completed logs (i'm further in the quest chain), and definitely not from the person who initially gives the quests. I'm additionally not on the relic reborn quest at all.

Still can't figure out whether I need to do atma quest first, and then the original questline becomes available, or if I need to do something else first.

All you have to do is equip your relic and farm the atma. There is no repeat quest entry for that stage. I don't believe there are any repeat entries for any stage after the pre-atma part at all.

Oh, nevermind, I didn't read correctly.

Assuming you've completed up to or beyond Up In Arms, you should be able to just accept the Relic Reborn quest again on any job, and proceed up until the Atma phase like normal. Afterwards, if you've worked on a Zodiac, even if you never finished, those quests do not show up again, and you just do all the things you needed to do in order without ever speaking to an NPC except for the materia scroll and dungeon atma items, and upgrading weapons to the next tier.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 1, 2017

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Just encountered a bug/issue where Kabuto refuses to do anything if you kill a group of enemies before he gets there. I guess he's pissed I mopped up the foes and he didn't get a chance to do his super cool limit break or something?

Well, if that happens, you can't back out of the duty, nor can you fail, just wait out the timer. So that's my night.

I wonder if maintenance is related to that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm am once again reminded how mad I am that we still don't have /palmpunch.

"Are you ready, soldiers?"

Fake edit: Yo, where the halloween glams at?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Well if you insist...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Skaw posted:

All you have to do is equip your relic and farm the atma. There is no repeat quest entry for that stage. I don't believe there are any repeat entries for any stage after the pre-atma part at all.

Oh, nevermind, I didn't read correctly.

Assuming you've completed up to or beyond Up In Arms, you should be able to just accept the Relic Reborn quest again on any job, and proceed up until the Atma phase like normal. Afterwards, if you've worked on a Zodiac, even if you never finished, those quests do not show up again, and you just do all the things you needed to do in order without ever speaking to an NPC except for the materia scroll and dungeon atma items, and upgrading weapons to the next tier.

I think the reason it's not showing up is probably because I may have not completed the level 50 SCH job (I was trying to do the SCH relic quest), but I wont be able to tell until servers are back up and I finish grinding out yokai...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

PhilippAchtel posted:

I wonder if maintenance is related to that.

Could be! Don't steal his thunder, though. It's his story!

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Brainamp posted:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Brainamp posted:

Behold TPT Halloween!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/185915565

Not pictured on screen: Tuya pushing buttons on a boombox in the back of the room boosting production value tenfold.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 1, 2017

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
It’s for the UI reset bug. https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/a4429c9519e5ba73ec2e76f3673ca189250b3903

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Well if you insist...

Congrats, you found the most horrifying catgirl glam yet

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Fat and Useless posted:

Behold TPT Halloween!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/185915565

Not pictured on screen: Tuya pushing buttons on a boombox in the back of the room boosting production value tenfold.

I didn't shout out what my costume was at the time, but I was going for David Bowie in Labyrinth. I was the second person up. Obisidenne before me was Dr. Frank N. Furter from Rocky Horror.

Also, Rhaine's Tiny Skullcrusher was the best.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Congrats, you found the most horrifying catgirl glam yet

Eh, it's just being accurate to canon.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, it's just being accurate to canyan.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The amount of good glamour pieces that are locked behind DoH/DoL in Stormblood is maddening.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 1, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That one's actually a recolored MCH/BRD set! Of course that doesn't help if you aren't playing those. :pseudo:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

:negative: I..... I want to fire whoever's idea this was.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
So. Leveling up SCH. I should pretty much always be using Eos? Does Selene have anything she brings to the table that's better than the AoE regen?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Not really no. Selene really needs a redesign

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Back when berserk had a 5 second pacification selene was amazing because she would auto snipe it off

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You can use her to remove one slime volley one time from that one boss in one of the Sastashas.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
They should get rid of Selene's silence and let her have the eos aoe heal to replace it. Then it comes down to which matters more: the tiny dps boost or dispelling poo poo like shinryu's paralysis, or having eos for hardcore progression where the healing/dr matter

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Alloran posted:

So. Leveling up SCH. I should pretty much always be using Eos? Does Selene have anything she brings to the table that's better than the AoE regen?

IMO there's times when Selene's worth bringing over Eos for the extra dispel. This google doc might be useful for you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1taiR05AMe_PPLZ4oQ4VPKBLgMWd9cS7E5IXhFOnQSfg/edit#gid=0

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
The only time I use selene this expansion is for a pre-pull opener in raiding. Even the speed running groups don't use selene.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I really want to hang out with Shantotto.

best part of XI

dohohohohohoho

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I imagine the problem with Selene is that if you buff her at all it's probably going to get ridiculous. To be honest I suspect they'd just have gotten rid of her if not for cutscenes and stuff. It feels like Eos is the one they genuinely want to be part of the kit and Selene is a leftover legacy mechanic.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
selene has dead eyes you can't trust

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

selene has dead eyes you can't trust

We're not talking about Lalafell.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, Selene is bad now? She used to be the good one! Why didn’t anybody tell me

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Wait, Selene is bad now? She used to be the good one! Why didn’t anybody tell me

Yeah they did a big fairy rework, I think when heavensward came out or a patch or two after, that changed most of their abilities and messed with sch in a bunch of other ways. I think selene used to provide some kinda magic damage boost? She was considered the dpsing sch fairy at the time while eos was the boring safe one. But that's gone now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jinh posted:

Yeah they did a big fairy rework, I think when heavensward came out or a patch or two after, that changed most of their abilities and messed with sch in a bunch of other ways. I think selene used to provide some kinda magic damage boost? She was considered the dpsing sch fairy at the time while eos was the boring safe one. But that's gone now.

Oh my god I’ve been doing it wrong for even longer than I thought if it’s been changed since HW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Selene still has Fey Wind, which is a dps buff. What the heck are you guys smoking?