Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Money's been an issue for the entire time I've been playing. I could probably sell all my unused legendary weapons and make a mint, now that I've reached level cap and know what I actually use, but I don't want to part with my shinies :(

and in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Whats a good weapon for big groups of enemies? I'm in love with the spear CAUSE IM A HOPLITE GOD drat IT which is great single target and quite good for AoE, but wondering if there is something better when i'm getting swarmed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Dongattack posted:

Whats a good weapon for big groups of enemies? I'm in love with the spear CAUSE IM A HOPLITE GOD drat IT which is great single target and quite good for AoE, but wondering if there is something better when i'm getting swarmed.

Spear is indeed great. Hold down light attack for the aoe combo.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
So I just saved this crowded village from bandits and decide to see how this "poison body" skill works....

*moments later*

OH GOD

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Installing a 1.8gig update on x-box one. Please don't break anything good.

e - patch notes https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1778695-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-1-0-3-Patch-Notes-Forums

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
apparently if you're on nvidia you should see a pretty nice performance boost but not for amd people (like me :( )

it also adds a new, lower graphical option for clutter, though, should help lower cpu usage a bit regardless of setup.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's a nice touch that Senu won't show you materials for enemies too high leveled for you.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I didn't know until the patch notes that there even WAS a "charged light attack" haha

Also Spears just own, for 1v1 or groups. Dodge then Light Attack will do a sweeping move that hits everyone near you, and regular attacks usually hit multiple dudes as well. Dodge then Heavy does a cool as gently caress spear jab that fucks up anyone pretty bad.

I really wish they'd fix/balance parrying though because it is just not worth it, it's super hard to know when to hit the button and even if you get it right, the result is the same you'd get from just doing a charged heavy anyway. Since you can charge while your shield is up, I'm not seeing the point of parrying ever except for style points.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOXAMAcOm1Q
Oh man, this is going to be so cool. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's really neat. I'm actually missing the historical encyclopedia stuff all the previous games had in this one, since I think it's the most interesting setting they've ever done.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Deakul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOXAMAcOm1Q
Oh man, this is going to be so cool. :allears:

Oh my god, I want this right now

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Scepters totally own

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The weapons from the Desert Cobra pack are OP as gently caress.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

The weapons from the Desert Cobra pack are OP as gently caress.

They are at first but you should find ones just as good if not better in short order, unless RNGesus absolutely hates you (and there's a quest that gets you a guaranteed Legendary Spear that you can do really early, like level 15-ish I want to say).

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Are you talking about The Spear of Serapis? Cos I lolled when that quest gave me a rare spear after the guy hyped how very legendary it was :downs:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nah I can't recall what it's called but it's a Legendary, not Rare.

Oh yeah and PSA :siren: HOLD ON to 2 Crocodile Eggs, 2 Hyena Ears, and 2 Vulture Skulls for an early quest. I believe it's the only quest in the game that requires you to keep trinkets.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way is there a rarity between Rare and Legendary?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

By the way is there a rarity between Rare and Legendary?

No, but there apparently are Cursed weapons, I haven't found a single one yet. They triple your damage but cut your HP to 1/3.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

precision posted:

No, but there apparently are Cursed weapons, I haven't found a single one yet. They triple your damage but cut your HP to 1/3.

I got one from a Phylax.

Wish his health was 1/3rd. :(

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

precision posted:

I got one, its an Imitation Siwan Khopesh

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin

precision posted:

Nah I can't recall what it's called but it's a Legendary, not Rare.

Oh yeah and PSA :siren: HOLD ON to 2 Crocodile Eggs, 2 Hyena Ears, and 2 Vulture Skulls for an early quest. I believe it's the only quest in the game that requires you to keep trinkets.

If I recall the quest correctly you were able to get those objects near where you get the quest. When I first started the quest I thought great now I have to go look all over the place for these but there was a location with crocodiles, Hyena's and Vultures nearby.

There's another one like that where you need 2 tongues of a flamingo and 2 bird feathers.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Has anyone come across any "health on hit" daggers? I have a couple of health on kill sets, but I'd be curious how that would work with how rapidly they strike.

Do you... do you just never die, or

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Fart City posted:

Has anyone come across any "health on hit" daggers? I have a couple of health on kill sets, but I'd be curious how that would work with how rapidly they strike.

Do you... do you just never die, or

They give you something like 1% health per hit, it's nice but not great. The only times I've really been killed have been due to massive damage stagger locks, so it's not a trait I've found to be terribly useful.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Ptolemy's Fist, huh? Level 22? Well I'm level 18 or so, shouldn't be too b-:gibs:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I just did exactly the same thing, right down to the levels.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Walrus Pete posted:

Ptolemy's Fist, huh? Level 22? Well I'm level 18 or so, shouldn't be too b-:gibs:

I was just one level below that and he still almost steam rolled me. Those guys dont gently caress around

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

I was just one level below that and he still almost steam rolled me. Those guys dont gently caress around

Just have the two lvl 40s left

Really looking forward to it

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Just have the two lvl 40s left

Really looking forward to it

One of them was much harder for me than the other; Iron Bull was such a pain, I loaded his corpse onto the back of my horse and paraded it through several towns. The other one, Galatian, was just a pushover.

The reward outfit is pretty nice, enjoy!

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Just started this tonight, been burnt out on AC since Black Flag but people describing this as Witcher 3 Egypt Edition sold me.

Game broke on literally the first quest when tutorial buddy guy's pathing went nuts and he sprinted his camel all over town before getting trapped trying to drive it into the door of a small hut over and over, a crying woman trapped beneath its hooves being trampled for eternity until I reset the quest. Couldn't stop laughing

Smooth sailing since then though, minor typical AC bugginess aside its loving incredible. I can't believe the amount of detail. Still getting used to the new combat though.

Mandrel fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 3, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

this guy is awesome

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mandrel posted:

Just started this tonight, been burnt out on AC since Black Flag but people describing this as Witcher 3 Egypt Edition sold me.

On that note I've gone back to Black Flag and all the social stuff is borked because of well you need friends playing it and good like finding current people playing Black Flag.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I got Ptolemy's fist. :toot:

He wandered past the town I was in and got into a fight with two hippos that had chased me onto the road before losing interest. I slooooowwly kited him down the road on my horse, emptying every arrow and firebomb I had into him, while staying just out of reach so he wouldn't pull out his bow and murder me. The entire time the hippos were nipping at his butt.

Perhaps not a glorious victory, but at least a silly victory.

Honestly it was probably the most entertaining unscripted thing I've done in an AC game. Origins is really good.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 3, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait can you upgrade store weapons for free by selling and then re-acquiring them from the store?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Coldforge posted:

One of them was much harder for me than the other; Iron Bull was such a pain, I loaded his corpse onto the back of my horse and paraded it through several towns. The other one, Galatian, was just a pushover.

The reward outfit is pretty nice, enjoy!

Shanked Bull while he was out in the desert, poison and arrows did the rest.

The outfit is nice. Now I guess I better finish the story

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Did the patch that went in yesterday unfuck the PC performance? I would actually like to play this game when it's not taxing my CPU at 60% on the startup screen.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Holy poo poo, I just pulled off the slickest transport heist:

Someone was hauling 20 iron on a war chariot, with 2 guards. I got Senu to harass them, then as she did her work which got him off the chariot, I pulled up close on my horse to see if I could do a 'jump from ride assassination'. I couldn't. So I hopped off and did a quick smoke bomb. While everyone was distracted, I did an Assassination on my target but we were actually really close to a bush, so Bayek instinctively attacked in a way to pull the corpse into concealment.

By the time the smoke cleared, the guards' charge was gone and I was 20 iron heavier. :frogc00l:

Also, is anyone else of the opinion that the Egyptian Hedj is a better example of an 'assassin outfit' than Bayek's default? Other than it being more orange than red, it seems more appropriate and I feel like functions as better clothing. The other outfits and colors are mostly okay but I feel like it works better, especially alongside Aya's definitely-assassin clothing.

vs

RatHat posted:

Wait can you upgrade store weapons for free by selling and then re-acquiring them from the store?

I haven't found a way to sell/dismantle store items (on the PC).

exquisite tea posted:

Did the patch that went in yesterday unfuck the PC performance? I would actually like to play this game when it's not taxing my CPU at 60% on the startup screen.
No. Still excessive CPU use. Move on.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

exquisite tea posted:

Did fuckall for me as well. Hasn't stopped me from playing or enjoying it, but the combat would be much better if this was performing anything close to other games I have.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Bleed/Poison on hit seem like the best weapon effects by far. Anyone find anything better?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

sleep on hit is hilarious because they fall asleep standing up and then you can assassinate them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah there's even a loading screen tip that says "If you accidentally dismantle a Store item, you can always just claim it again" but they must have patched that out, otherwise you'd have a (very slow) way to get infinite money since you can sell materials. And also the fact you'd be able to essentially upgrade them for free.

RatHat posted:

Bleed/Poison on hit seem like the best weapon effects by far. Anyone find anything better?

Sleep is good. There's even a shield that causes dudes to fall asleep when THEY hit YOU lol