Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah Alex Navarro on the drums is fantastic and I'm glad he's doing it a second year in a row.

While you're waiting for him to come back here's some good poo poo from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFWvi2arSA&t=13875s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Part of me wants to get Golf Story but then I have to remind myself that I've never liked a golf game before in my life and despite some elements that appeal to me, I probably won't like that either. It's kind of like how I have to remind myself not to get Mario/Rabbids because I don't actually like strategy games.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Production budget came in just under ~$10 million, which is 1/4th the cost of any large-scale AAA production but still more than a first-time studio with no history of success could probably manage.

Well, they aren't a first time studio at least :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

GOTM

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

Oh lord. I've been having a good time in Mario Odyssey and Golf Story, but I just remembered...

I never made it more than 1/4 of the way through Breath of the Wild. Haven't touched it in months, don't know anything about any of the DLC. And I kind of want to start it over, I don't like picking up games mid-playthrough after a long break.

I'm doomed.

Start it over in hard mode.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
What's a good odyssey like game I can play to scratch my odyssey itch until I can play odyssey

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

super mario 64

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Start it over in hard mode.

There's a hard mode now? :ohdear:

I hate getting to this position where I have a ton of things to do but can't decide which to do and end up doing none of them. Character classes in video games, video games themselves, and more mundane poo poo like work tasks :v:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The DLC1 added a Master Mode to BotW and good news: every enemy is one color class more difficult.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Reality Winner posted:

What's a good odyssey like game I can play to scratch my odyssey itch until I can play odyssey

A Hat in Time?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The DLC1 added a Master Mode to BotW and good news: every enemy is one color class more difficult.

The best thing DLC1 added was Majora's Mask which you can find like just a short walk away from the Great Plateau and when you wear it every enemy that isn't just a mindless beast or a wizard becomes your friend. Like slimes and keese will still give you away but generally you can just hang out in enemy camps now and party.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The floating platforms of enemies are cool but after a while i avoided most combat with regular enemies cause fighting is kinda bleh aside from the cool simulation/ai stuff

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Yeah by the end of regular mode in BotW the silver enemies felt like weapon durability sponges anyway

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sunning posted:

It seems to involve having multiple projects for big publishers subsidizing your personal project, landing on the cover of Game Informer magazine, and spending enough on the development of the game that 200K+ copies isn't enough to break even.

The lesson here is that the general public really has no concept of how expensive it is to make video games. Like an extraordinary amount of money, research, DIY systems and effort went into creating an 8-hour experience that 25 years ago could conceivably have been done by some dudes with macs in their garage. Expectations for visuals, art, combat, and narrative are astronomical and so much time investment is required of players for even non-multiplayer games that carving out a dedicated niche is more important than ever to gain any sort of visibility. $10 million is a lot, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to what Ubisoft spends making sure all of their products have as much widespread appeal as possible, and they would prefer to continue growing that high barrier to entry.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

100% kingdom moons gets

good game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Are you gonna bother getting 999?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if i somehow get 11,900 coins while taking funny pictures maybe

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Agreed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gamestop is terrible but man every single "i used to work at gamestop" youtube video is basically "white male privileged moron is mad that a job required him to do work".

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

That's insulting, but it's also the truth.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

precision posted:

gamestop is terrible but man every single "i used to work at gamestop" youtube video is basically "white male privileged moron is mad that a job required him to do work".

why are you watching "i used to work at gamestop" youtubers

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

why are you watching "i used to work at gamestop" youtubers

I had insomnia and saw one, then got stuck on a quest to find one that wasn't what I described

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My superhero origin is I used to work on at Gamestop and was bitten by a traded in radioactive copy of Lego Star Wars

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvhceQWlAo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was thinking about Anarchy Reigns today and man it would be cool if that game got an HD rerelease on PC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

precision posted:

my friend's wife used to work at gamestop and one time somebody threw the dark souls 2 strategy guide at her head. thats my story.

edit: this doesnt sound that bad until you realize the dark souls 2 strategy guide was hard cover.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

DUCK SOULS!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I only buy video games from people that are capable of parrying irl

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

I was thinking about Anarchy Reigns today and man it would be cool if that game got an HD rerelease on PC.

:agreed:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This gang is crazy, their initiation is you have to kill someone with a Valkyria Chronicles art book.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Who was the goon with the story about assaulting their girlfriend with a Nintendo Gamecube.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Could I interest you in a copy of FIFA ma'am

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

This gang is crazy, their initiation is you have to kill someone with a Valkyria Chronicles art book.
you have to survive a beating until you can name fifteen suikoden 2 characters

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
They found out this dude was an undercover cop when he got Agilio and Maragi confused.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

theres a new drug hitting the streets. your dealer sells you a bag of unidentified powder and only half the bags have actual drugs. they call it "lootcrack"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stexils posted:

theres a new drug hitting the streets. your dealer sells you a bag of unidentified powder and only half the bags have actual drugs. they call it "lootcrack"

that's how cocaine and heroin have always worked

Snooze Cruise posted:

They found out this dude was an undercover cop when he got Agilio and Maragi confused.

gimme uh yeah gimme two of those uh gimme two of those Final Phantasms please

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Who was the goon with the story about assaulting their girlfriend with a Nintendo Gamecube.
It was that cams guy IIRC. I think he had some blowup about it in one of the MvC Infinite threads.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

precision posted:

that's how cocaine and heroin have always worked

drugs are the ultimate microtransaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some RPGs that let you set up detailed tactics for your party members, à la Dragon Age or Final Fantasy XII?

• Locked thread