Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sludge Tank posted:

Well done goon :shlick: very clean and cool and good squat.

I'm still yet to squat over 160kg but i havent tested my 1RM in about 6 or 7 months and apparently i can squat 190kg according to the 5/3/1 app estimation 1RM calculator but i'll wait till xmas to find out.

How accurate do people generally find these 1rm calculators?

They're not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Give or take?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sludge Tank posted:

Give or take?

What was your most recent 5 or 3

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
My most recent 1+ day was 157.5kg/347lbs which i got for 6 reps.

This is my squat "estimated 1rm" graph over the last 6 months. I could just squat 160kg for 1 rep before i started this.

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 2, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eh, that seems about right.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sludge Tank posted:

My most recent 1+ day was 157.5kg/347lbs which i got for 6 reps.

This is my squat "estimated 1rm" graph over the last 6 months. I could just squat 160kg for 1 rep before i started this.

In my expert opinion you could probably squat 160 for more than 1 now.

naem
May 29, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Sludge Tank posted:

Give or take?

It can vary because some people are better at reps than others and some are better at singles than others. When I plugged my bench in at 160x8 it spat out a 199 max, which was basically dead on for me, but if I put what I can do for like 3 reps if falls a little short. I think for a lot of people it's the opposite, with lower reps being more accurate.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Anyone else rollerblade during deadlifts?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba-NSUWBfKr/

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Just lmao if you aren't doing overhead presses while you kickflip and grind rails to work/school every day.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Meadows rows were a good shout, I didn't go heavy because it was deadlift day and I was trying not to puke, but they felt good, and because the t bar is in front of a rack of barbells I was a massive inconvenience to two very young ladies.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

sassassin posted:

Meadows rows were a good shout, I didn't go heavy because it was deadlift day and I was trying not to puke, but they felt good, and because the t bar is in front of a rack of barbells I was a massive inconvenience to two very young ladies.

:cheers: m8

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm a little bummed I only got 6 reps for my 1+ OHP at 105lbs. I got 8 for 3+ at 100lbs last week. Still managed to hit 115x3 for a joker though so that's a PR. I'm once again torn between letting my OHP training max stay the same for another cycle or just increasing it anyway. I think I might go ahead and bump it up but maybe do 5x5@80% for OHP this month instead of 5x3@90 on my supplemental. Decisions decisions.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Since I changed my attitude to OHP and just started looking at it as an end-of-week accessory lift i dont feel so bad about the loving snail pace of progression. I got 10 reps of 55kg today and needed 11 to break PR. Followed 5x5 of 80% (50kg) and some arm and shoulder work. I dont even get mad about it any more and it used to infuriate me. It is what it is. But I'd love to OHP 220lbs some day. Going to try some log work at my new gym and see if that helps.

This is 6 months progress:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I started this year at 172lbs, at 20 percent body fat. Slowly bulked up to 185lbs over 4 months, then went on a cut after maintaining for a month. Today I weighed 166 lbs, the lowest weight I've ever been in more than a decade. Will probably end the cut at 160 lbs in December, maintain (and party) for a month, and try to go for 150-155 to get some abs before going for a lean bulk again :getin:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm the guy who won't use a treadmill and walks a big circle around all the weight equipment for an hour.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Checking in to the swole thread to report that I just benched 5x6 225 for the first time so now I'm upping it to 230 5x5 next time woop.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I'm happy for you friend. You keep up the good work. One day you'll be lifting with the gods

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Taking a dump in the other locker room stall because my usual one is busted, and this guy named BJ has his number wrote down on the door of this stall too! He must really just want to chat about bro stuff or something, probably a nice guy.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I gave sumo deadlifts a try after my normal set. My hamstrings were not expecting that.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Tried benching off sawhorses since my bench and rack is buried while our house is renovated, gently caress doing that again. I'll shame-roll that poo poo up and down my chest before I try that again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm so tired.

I'm so tired all the time.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I started lifting before work because I guess I'm an adult now but now there's like no point in the rest of the day after work :\

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

sassassin posted:

I'm so tired.

I'm so tired all the time.

up your salami intake. this is a doctor

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

I started lifting before work because I guess I'm an adult now but now there's like no point in the rest of the day after work :\
Started working out in the morning too, but we have kids so never a shortage of things to do. Also, working out early in the AM means by 10pm I'm a zombie.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't know if the press I maxed out at tonight was a pr or not. I never write anything down.

I'll pretend it was and then probably hit the same pr next week, same as last week.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I used proper eleiko plates and IPF bar yesterday for deadlifts. Certainly an entirely different deadlifting experience. Much heavier off the floor and and the knurling ripped my hands apart (rougher than what I'm used to)

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

My hands rip knurling apart

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A combination of injuries, conferences, and sickness kept me out of the gym for a month.

First true leg day since september.
:feelsgood:

(Oh wow tomorrow is gonna be bad.
Forgive me bros for i am weak)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
rent a scooter

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

A combination of injuries, conferences, and sickness kept me out of the gym for a month.

First true leg day since september.
:feelsgood:

(Oh wow tomorrow is gonna be bad.
Forgive me bros for i am weak)

same except throw a bunch of weddings in there. It's been 2 weeks and I'm not gonna be able to go until next Tuesday.

OTOH I've been hitting my macros pretty well and eating at a decent deficit, so I've actually lost a couple pounds, hopefully not too much of it was muscle :downs:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
After two whole weeks you must have atrophied away to nothing, sorry bro.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

sassassin posted:

After two whole weeks you must have atrophied away to nothing, sorry bro.

my gaiiiiiiinz :smithicide:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You don't grow by lifting weights, you grow by recovering from lifting weights.

And steroids.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

You don't grow by lifting weights, you grow by recovering from lifting weights.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My routine is push/legs (including deads)/off/pull/accessory and vanity day but I don't feel like taking today off so I'm just gonna blast arms and it will be cool and good.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yesterday someone was pulling 500lbs and I asked how long he had been lifting. "1 year."

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

That's genetics for ya

And by genetics I mean steroids

Also, genetics

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah well I've been lifting for 3 months and I pull 1000lbs so that guy was a scrub anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Ferret King posted:

Yesterday someone was pulling 500lbs and I asked how long he had been lifting. "1 year."

how many reps?