Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I miss Kainé. A2 is so close but she doesn't quite fill that niche. :smith:

I missed the band of misfits feel of the first nier in automata.

The characters are still cool but i dont love them as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now that I’m picking up console games again I guess I need to add automata to my playlist

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Even with Automata's success, there's a fat chance of OG Nier and Drakengard 3 being ported to the PS4, right

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ciaphas posted:

Now that I’m picking up console games again I guess I need to add automata to my playlist

It's also a pc game you know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

Even with Automata's success, there's a fat chance of OG Nier and Drakengard 3 being ported to the PS4, right

They were on ps now for a while. Still might be

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tap my mountain posted:

Don't lick them if they're pre-owned, you might get thrush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvRTMsNTQSQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

pubg is extremly good for the most part

fortnite is better bc you can ride rockets and the devs instead of patching it out are embracing it also you can build your own tiny house to hide in and it has a rocket launcher that shoots pumpkins

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

They were on ps now for a while. Still might be

So no

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought the bosses in Automata kind of sucked too. None of them were especially interesting to fight- OG Nier's seemed way more interesting and varied to me, especially with the timer gimmick.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

I played through Doki Doki Lit Club, enjoyed it, although if you leave the game sitting there at the final scene you get all these weird loving preachy things about "college is overstated" and "u should always try hard and succeed" and "people shouldnt be mean about opinions" like ok dude I get it you're using this end screen as a platform for your tweets, can I go now

fwiw if that's One-On-One Time With Monika that's not the final scene

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Back in 2011 there was discussion of an enhanced port of Nier to the Vita by a company formed by former Cavia staff. It didn't end up happening though, because the company got assigned to helping out on Dragon Quest X instead.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Phantasium posted:

Wait, what rumor I'm curious.

fifteen, twenty years or so ago, someone cooked up a walkthrough on how to get the secret element, Solar. the steps were as follows:

1) get every spell up to max level, 8:99 (a tremendous task on its own)
2) revisit every mana palace and activate the seeds in a very specific order (also a little long-winded because a lot of the mana palaces are also dungeons, so you gotta walk all the way through them)
3) go to the tree in pureland
4) you'll meet Solar, the star elemental, who fills the eighth magic slot in the sprite and the girl's magic menus

so when you're a kid and you read this and you really like Secret of Mana, you give it a try and of course there's no goddamn ninth element. but all this time i've wanted one, so i'll just make it myself if i have to.

the plan is to hide actually unlocking it behind a series of counter-intuitive and internet falsehood-style tasks, like fighting but not attacking a specific enemy for five minutes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

fwiw if that's One-On-One Time With Monika that's not the final scene

oh yeah I shortly figured that out. I always love when games make you do weird "actual files" poo poo and he last time I did that was with that Karoshi game where you had to like, insert a CD to get past a level.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The White Dragon posted:

fifteen, twenty years or so ago, someone cooked up a walkthrough on how to get the secret element, Solar. the steps were as follows:

1) get every spell up to max level, 8:99 (a tremendous task on its own)
2) revisit every mana palace and activate the seeds in a very specific order (also a little long-winded because a lot of the mana palaces are also dungeons, so you gotta walk all the way through them)
3) go to the tree in pureland
4) you'll meet Solar, the star elemental, who fills the eighth magic slot in the sprite and the girl's magic menus

so when you're a kid and you read this and you really like Secret of Mana, you give it a try and of course there's no goddamn ninth element. but all this time i've wanted one, so i'll just make it myself if i have to.

the plan is to hide actually unlocking it behind a series of counter-intuitive and internet falsehood-style tasks, like fighting but not attacking a specific enemy for five minutes
i will say 25ish years down the line konami patching in a way to get quiet back that sounds legitimately like one of these dumbass schoolyard rumors was pretty funny

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also whatever weird memory allocation error lets you grab a ninth sword orb from the mantis ant is legit true, as it turns out

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

Taro said if Automata did well he'd be interested in doing an HD port of the original and Automata did extremely well, so they're is actually a chance.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Apparently it was actually good, unlike the movie.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Olive! posted:

It's also a pc game you know.

oh yeah, so it is

i even own a copy on both platforms, never played more than an a couple hours of each

i feel weird now

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Accordion Man posted:

yeah, the game even got a sequel, which was also supposed to be pretty okay

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Accordion Man posted:

Can confirm

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

glam rock hamhock posted:

yeah, the game even got a sequel, which was also supposed to be pretty okay
Apparently the game even came out nearly a year before the movie too.

It's always fun having a licensed video game that's actually superior to its source material, i.e. The Darkness, Walking Dead.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kingdom Hearts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the GBA was a weirdly okay fps machine. at least you could play doom and wolf3d on it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i love it when you beat high level players in sc and they :qq: because they didn't capitalize on your weaknesses. bitch if you wanted to win you had seven minutes to walk in my front door, it was open and nobody was home. but he thought he could go toe to toe with air admiral protoss :smug:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
People still play Starcraft 2?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I was deeply moved by the star-crossed romance of James Raynor and Nancy Kerrigan

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

i love it when you beat high level players in sc and they :qq: because they didn't capitalize on your weaknesses. bitch if you wanted to win you had seven minutes to walk in my front door, it was open and nobody was home. but he thought he could go toe to toe with air admiral protoss :smug:

Terran early banshee rush from the rear was my big weakness when I was trying to climb the ladder on protoss. 4-gate warp rush left me without resources for cannons so those first five minutes or so of every match was always intense. Protoss rule

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

People still play Starcraft 2?

A lot of people still play surprisingly. I came back after years and general chat seems as active as ever. the co-op campaigns are probably helping to keep it alive. The co-op mode is really good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Starcraft 2 just went free-to-play, more people are probably playing it than before

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Starcraft 2 just went free-to-play, more people are probably playing it than before

Remind me, do you need Legacy of the Void for fully-featured multiplayer?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

each expansion has a separate ranking I think, so you can just play WoL against other WoL players if you want

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Making figurines for my silly loot box game, which is still coming along nicely. Trying to give it some personality so it's not just "this is a commentary on video games. beep boop". The descriptions of the figurines comes directly from the vending machine you buy them from. There's also a scientist present but his only job is to be covered up by the dialogue box for the vending machine when you click on something.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Accordion Man posted:

It's always fun having a licensed video game that's actually superior to its source material, i.e. The Darkness, Walking Dead.

Chronicles of Riddick, Tales from the Borderlands, some of the Star Wars prequel games (the LEGO game, pod racer, Republic Commando, etc).

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Chronicles of Riddick, Tales from the Borderlands, some of the Star Wars prequel games (the LEGO game, pod racer, Republic Commando, etc).

Man, is it loving hard to find those Riddick games nowadays, let me just say that.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

Man, is it loving hard to find those Riddick games nowadays, let me just say that.
They got pulled off digital stores a couple of years back. Glad I picked them up on GOG when they said they were pulling them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

russo-italian :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah I changed that after remembering learning the descriptor 'russo' from playing hotline miami 2

Speaking of which maybe I'll do the hip thing indie devs do nowadays and pat all my cool indie game friends on the back by including their characters in my game. Please collect the Yung Venuz figurine if you would like infinite money and the Guy From Braid figurine if you want everything to be 3x as pretentious

edit: And maybe I'll throw in some completely out of nowhere and ill-fitting visceral violence so devolver digital will offer to publish my game because that attracts them like a magnet

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 13, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Making figurines for my silly loot box game, which is still coming along nicely. Trying to give it some personality so it's not just "this is a commentary on video games. beep boop". The descriptions of the figurines comes directly from the vending machine you buy them from. There's also a scientist present but his only job is to be covered up by the dialogue box for the vending machine when you click on something.

cj put in the ability to send you irl money to get bonus lootboxes in-game and enjoy your free ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My dream is to someday see a steam trading card of one of my stupid trading card sprites.

• Locked thread