Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah I'm not having any issue with it. I've been doing PVP for fun. I like how a well placed unit can really turn the tide of this game. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. I was addicted to Clash Royale for a while, and this feels similar without the lane aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Mighty Steed posted:

I loved Harbinger, and initially Sector Siege, but this one is far more repetitive and without the same variety of weapons or strategy.

Once you hit upon a working approach you can just repeat that for every sector as there isn't much in the way of randomness.

That's a shame, sounds like it may be better to wait for some updates or a sale

Thanks!

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

delfin posted:

I'm about ready to uninstall Phone Destroyer. Throwing forced PvP into the single-player campaign periodically AND making it a "win, not just play, PvP n times to continue" wall is horseshit.

It is fairly annoying to be forced to win PvP matches to progress on the PvE story, but you'd want to win PvP matches either ways for the loaded PvP packs and rank up rewards, nevermind that there's an event on right now that gives you increasingly more reards the more maches you win with certain cards in your deck., If you're having trouble then are you using Dogpoo in your deck? Sure he doesn't have any special effects but he's gonna hit things for assassin levels of damage whilst not falling over in a stiff breeze like most assassins... Lightning bolts withstanding of course.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Been playing Idle World for a few days. I like the theme and the little info popups, but it's grindingly slow. Is there some trick I'm missing or do I really have to level up to micro-organisms and reset over and over and over again until I get enough multipliers to batch buy the next tier of life generators in a reasonable time-frame? I'm up to 10x multiplier and it still takes 1-2 days of idling to get through life generators to the next tier.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Krakatoah posted:

It is fairly annoying to be forced to win PvP matches to progress on the PvE story, but you'd want to win PvP matches either ways for the loaded PvP packs and rank up rewards, nevermind that there's an event on right now that gives you increasingly more reards the more maches you win with certain cards in your deck., If you're having trouble then are you using Dogpoo in your deck? Sure he doesn't have any special effects but he's gonna hit things for assassin levels of damage whilst not falling over in a stiff breeze like most assassins... Lightning bolts withstanding of course.

Yeah, I have a Dogpoo. Pretty much the same deck as everyone else at this point of progression. Which is great, if... I particularly wanted to play PvP right now, which I don't. Maybe a lot later on when there's more variance and more strategy in deck-building.

If you enjoy PvP in this game, that's fine. I'd rather not be shoved into it.

...Anyone tested the Android version of Death Ride to Canada yet? I'm finishing up my second run through Crashlands and could use a new challenge.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

delfin posted:

...Anyone tested the Android version of Death Ride Road to Canada yet? I'm finishing up my second run through Crashlands and could use a new challenge.

I've been playing it on and off since it was released a few weeks ago. The touch movement controls aren't as responsive as I would like, but you mostly get used to them. You'll also die a lot - it's pretty challenging. In all my attempts I don't think I've even made it halfway to Canada yet.

Honestly I found the game a bit underwhelming at first, but I've definitely come to appreciate it more the longer I've stuck with it. I've heard elsewhere its not really a game for everyone, and I think that's true.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 11, 2017

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Death road to Canada is GREAT. On PC.

On Android it's much more difficult due to the controls (IMO).

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Made a team for phone destroyer. If any of you folks want to jump in. Team name: Gewny Goons

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Chili posted:

Made a team for phone destroyer. If any of you folks want to jump in. Team name: Gewny Goons

How do I even join a team? Or maybe I'm not far enough yet..

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

How do I even join a team? Or maybe I'm not far enough yet..

Go to the PvP area and swipe to the left.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nice, I'm in. Thanks, never even knew that was there.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I'll be starting phone destroyer soon but for shame not making the name Big Goon Al's of some variety

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Playing Ridiculous Fishing and I bought the bowling ball, but I can't seem to figure out how to equip it. I assumed it would just show up on my line like the toaster/hair dryer, but it didn't. Googled a bunch, but couldn't see any one else struggling with it. I still start at depth 0 every time.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

...and after a few matches of Phone Destroyer PvP it's uninstalled. Holy poo poo what a bad design decision.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

WebDO posted:

...and after a few matches of Phone Destroyer PvP it's uninstalled. Holy poo poo what a bad design decision.

What's so bad about it? Apart from when you lose you don't even get a scrap of a consolation prize.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Watched a couple let's play's for "Frostpunk" and "They are billions" on Steam. Are their any good mobile games in this style? Preferably without endless timers/gates or at least not obnoxiously long ones.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Krakatoah posted:

What's so bad about it? Apart from when you lose you don't even get a scrap of a consolation prize.

Its the forced aspect, PVP serves no purpose at such an early point in the game as everyone is using the same deck.
For an easier time in early PVP be sure to summon Nathan after you have yoru Tank out. Nathan deals High AOE damage is is key to clear out mobs.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Phone Destroyer is Clash Royale with a single player and mechanics in place to make it more difficult to have a completely one sided stomp. It should maybe be more up front about the fact that it is primarily a PvP game.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I randomly downloaded phone destroyer and I'm hooked. drat, that game is fun. The characters are great, the whole 'you're playing a phone game of kids playing a phone game'-angle is funny and well done.
The forced pvp annoyed me at the start, but once you win some you get decent rewards and can really improve your deck.
By the way, click the event button. I had like 6 reward packs waiting for me, I had no idea they were there.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Phone Destroyer is a great example of what happens when you spend more time on charm than on balance. Also, I've been playing for 3 days now and I still can't customise my deck. I have several rare cards I can't use, and I'm getting stomped by level 4/5 players. The hell?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Vulpes posted:

Phone Destroyer is a great example of what happens when you spend more time on charm than on balance. Also, I've been playing for 3 days now and I still can't customise my deck. I have several rare cards I can't use, and I'm getting stomped by level 4/5 players. The hell?

You get access to the deck builder after the 7th mission. Are you doing nothing but PVP or something? You only need to win one PVP match to get there.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Vulpes posted:

yeah im not sure if it's balanced or not but you have zero frame of reference if you haven't even unlocked the deck builder lol

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Well, I'm personally having a blast with it. I don't know how deep I am compared to most folks, but I'm on mission 19 in the "sci-fi" area. I've found a benefit to having a PvE deck and a PvP deck - especially with the event that was going on. It flagged the event cards in your library since you got more points per win depending on how many you used, which was really nice. Took me a while to figure out what exactly the flag meant though. I got to the 80 point reward but the next one was 150, so I said gently caress that.. I don't know, I'm just not getting a lot of the criticism. Pretend you're playing against the AI and not another player or something..

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

New Leaf posted:

Well, I'm personally having a blast with it. I don't know how deep I am compared to most folks, but I'm on mission 19 in the "sci-fi" area. I've found a benefit to having a PvE deck and a PvP deck - especially with the event that was going on. It flagged the event cards in your library since you got more points per win depending on how many you used, which was really nice. Took me a while to figure out what exactly the flag meant though. I got to the 80 point reward but the next one was 150, so I said gently caress that.. I don't know, I'm just not getting a lot of the criticism. Pretend you're playing against the AI and not another player or something..

i thought i was playing against the ai until i got a "waiting for opponent" message

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Len posted:

It came from Google Play: Stop Chad

loving lol

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Sale on Trese Brothers games:

Star Traders RPG Elite

Star Traders 4X Empires Elite

Heroes of Steel RPG Elite

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Monument Valley 2 is remarkably gorgeous.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

How's Star Traders? It looks boring and text heavy which is my bread and butter.

Also, I've started playing The Quest and it's by far my favorite Android game so far, how are the expansions?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Vhak lord of hate posted:

How's Star Traders? It looks boring and text heavy which is my bread and butter.

Of the three I linked the one I've put time into is Star Traders RPG Elite, it's not actually that text heavy, more of a procedurally generated thing where you make your own story, much like Sid Meier's Pirates!

I like it a lot, despite some UI awkwardness.

Edit: There are free versions you can install to try before you buy, so maybe give those a try

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Montalvo posted:

Monument Valley 2 is remarkably gorgeous.

I'm not that far into it, but I feel like they went a little too heavy on the story and don't focus on the puzzles enough. Too many cutscenes and point-a-to-point-b areas. Maybe it gets better though.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Is there anything left to do in idle world after reaching superclusters?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

LLSix posted:

In your heart you know the answer. it's boring jim

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm not that far into it, but I feel like they went a little too heavy on the story and don't focus on the puzzles enough. Too many cutscenes and point-a-to-point-b areas. Maybe it gets better though.

It's definitely light on puzzles, but it's a pretty game with a nice soundtrack so I don't really mind.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

LLSix posted:

Anyone know of any other good idlers that are proper idle games that you just check in on every few hours like this and Idle Oil Tycoon?

So many of them on the store are tappers or something lame.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Egg, Inc?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

AnimalChin posted:

Anyone know of any other good idlers that are proper idle games that you just check in on every few hours like this and Idle Oil Tycoon?

So many of them on the store are tappers or something lame.

I always look but I never ever find anything that stands up for long. It's not even hard to make an Idle Oil Tycoon rip-off but you can't really go whaling with that type of game like you can a clicker.

e: Egg, Inc. is fine for a while and I guess I could put two survey bux towards opening up idle progress properly but darn it all the principle of the thing! :bahgawd:

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 14, 2017

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

If you like Egg Inc., Bit City is quite enjoyable

Although those are both probably in the "tapper" category

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Rastor posted:

If you like Egg Inc., Bit City is quite enjoyable

Although those are both probably in the "tapper" category

Yeah, Bit City is definitely a tapper. Unless it's changed, progress gets painfully slow without clicking on planes/ships.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Realm Grinder is only really taps-heavy if you choose taps-heavy kingdoms. It's very quick to 'automate' itself after a bit of growth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yeah, Bit City is definitely a tapper. Unless it's changed, progress gets painfully slow without clicking on planes/ships.

It hasn't been updated since April, so yeah, its still a tapper. It also has the annoying aspect of accumulating resources 10x slower when it isnt open (or something like that), which was stupid. I uninstalled after a week or two of playing.