Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Milotic posted:

You may love your dogs but no one else really cares. Also sounds like there’s some unknown history here

Me [61F] with my daughter [28F], she’s angry I don’t consider her pets my grandchildren
Young lady, you still have a receipt after buying your "kids" at a store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Palpek posted:

[Creed voice]

You want a kid? I can get you a kid. With a receipt. IDs passports all that Jazz.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Milotic posted:

You may love your dogs but no one else really cares. Also sounds like there’s some unknown history here

Yeah, a history of mental illness.

E: We have another one!
*Long Read* Fiancé wants me to be stay at home mom, I need advice!!!

Look we're skipping the meat, it's long and stupid. But in the comments:

quote:

BBBux [score hidden] 15 hours ago

I don’t really understand? Are you a mother? You can’t be a stay at home mom without being a mom lol.

[–]silver_kometts[S] [score hidden] 15 hours ago

Oh I'm sorry, I consider my dogs children. I mean, with the puppy I'm constantly taking him in and out, watching out for accidents, distracting him with toys so hell leave the older dog alone, constantly making sure he isn't destroying stuff.... Having a dog is what I imagine children to be like, except ten times more difficult and ten times the responsibility

[–]BBBux [score hidden] 14 hours ago

Ok, are you a troll? I’m having trouble imagining that someone is this clueless.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 15, 2017

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Palpek posted:

http://www.circlesurrogacy.com/

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Wow, I hope they have overnight shipping.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Palpek posted:

Wow, I hope they have overnight shipping.

No reputable breeders do. :colbert:

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012
That story about the dogs is bullshit, no 60 year old knows the term childfree, and if they did they sure as hell wouldn't respect it

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Blade Runner posted:

The last paragraph was the response to that.

That story also doesn't make sense and isn't consistent with how she told it. By her telling, she called the police while she was there. By the news story, she went home and did it. Apparently, the other people at the bus stop just went about their day as a woman chased after a man with a knife, and didn't think this was worth calling the police first over?
dude have you ever been to a bus stop or ridden any public transit

she could have murdered the dude with his own dick and the people would step over his corpse to get on/off the bus

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Three Olives posted:

No reputable breeders do. :colbert:
That's understandable but they're just kids, not meticulously selected and lovingly bred barking wonders of nature.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Palpek posted:

The guy's wife tells him she wants to start loving other people and his first reaction is to ask if he can get something out of it, it's pretty lol. Sure that the right thing to do is to get divorce but his weird reaction gives it a spin. He just doesn't know what to do, it's all so new to him - I'm wondering if he would be having similar doubts if she said she'd like to start sleeping with other men, I'm guessing nope because it wouldn't feed his fantasy.

If my wife told me that she wanted to start seeing other people, you're goddamn right I would try to get involved in that somehow. I've seen too many of my idiot friends let their SOs gently caress other people and have the relationship fall apart because they wind up distancing themselves from the concept of intimacy within the original relationship. Conversely, the idiot friends of mine who do poo poo as a couple and randomly pick up a third wheel tend to stay together because it's a lot harder to forget about your SO during sex when they're right there loving someone with you.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Power Bottom posted:

If my wife told me that she wanted to start seeing other people, you're goddamn right I would try to get involved in that somehow. I've seen too many of my idiot friends let their SOs gently caress other people and have the relationship fall apart because they wind up distancing themselves from the concept of intimacy within the original relationship. Conversely, the idiot friends of mine who do poo poo as a couple and randomly pick up a third wheel tend to stay together because it's a lot harder to forget about your SO during sex when they're right there loving someone with you.

If your wife tells you she wants to gently caress other people you should get a divorce

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Danaru posted:

While jogging early this morning, a guy assaulted me, and I stabbed him.

Things that are justified self defense: Stabbing someone who has grabbed you in the leg
Things that are kind of a grey area: Stabbing the attacker twice in the chest after they're no longer grabbing you
Things you will go to jail for: Chasing the man you've already stabbed three times down the road while wielding a knife and yelling

I am very okay with him getting stabbed multiple times.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

If that story is real, she is legitimately 100% hosed if the guy claims he never touched her and she just started stabbing him. I guess she has to hold out hope that people who grope women in the park are idiots, which isn't a terrible bet, but she's more than likely screwed.
This isn't true at all. He did not file a report and has actively avoided the police.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Blade Runner posted:

If your wife tells you she wants to gently caress other people you should get a divorce

Okay but if you know you're gonna split eventually anyway, and if relationships that involve threesomes always fall apart, and if you're interested in trying a threesome sometime in your life, why not try to stop at threesome town on your way to divorce depot?

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 15, 2017

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Blade Runner posted:

That's fair too

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

This isn't true at all. He did not file a report and has actively avoided the police.

Which, for reasons outlined, is stupid of him.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Blade Runner posted:

This was 100% written one handed

Please, stop calling BS on stories posted here, especially when like this guy despite 140 iq you have 0 ability to tell what's real or fake

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Blade Runner posted:

Pretty, white, lady. Accusing man of sexual assault. And you think she’s less likely to be believed. Have you watched the news about O’Reilly, Spacey, et al?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Okay but if you know you're gonna split eventually anyway, and if relationships that involve threesomes always fall apart, and if you're interested in trying a threesome sometime in your life, why not try to stop at threesome town on your way to divorce depot?

This is a very well reasoned response.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Pretty, white, lady. Accusing man of sexual assault. And you think she’s less likely to be believed.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Please, stop calling BS on stories posted here, especially when like this guy despite 140 iq you have 0 ability to tell what's real or fake
When Ham Sandwiches is right about you, you should maybe rethink your posting entirely.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

i carry knifes around all day making stabbing motions and randomly yelling karate shouts and anyway the guy i chased down and did the baraka double blade fatality on tried to grope me during my jog, so

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

Pretty smart since the stab wounds, especially the first, will be consistent with her story.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What's the chances he bumped into her trying to run past her on the way to work and was set upon by a knife wield crazy lady? 50/50?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

All joggers should double-wield katanas.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Outrail posted:

What's the chances he bumped into her trying to run past her on the way to work and was set upon by a knife wield crazy lady? 50/50?
Yeah spontaneous crazy-woman stabbings are definitely a thing that happens just as often as men groping women

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Ham Sandwiches posted:

You think electronic Chuckie Cheese tokens are real currency and so I'm not sure about your opinions on the authenticity of things

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Please don't upvote - Should I bother persecuting my car service company for cleaning bills after sex?(self.legaladvice)

quote:

As this is a rather embarrassing case, I would prefer that it is not up-voted and that I just receive quick legal advice. So basically I brought in my car for my 30KM service and due to this being a milestone service, they had to keep the car overnight so I left them them the keys and collected my car the next morning. FYI I also have a roadcam installed in the car and it is pretty discrete and records automatically the moment the car is switched on. Anyway I was looking over my footage as I had another issue I wanted to resolve and lo and behold, I come across a couple having sex directly in my passenger seat. I didn't recognise this gentleman but he must have been working for the service company as otherwise how the hell did he manage to get into my car and turn the engine on? Anyway after the 'finale' it was very clear that I needed to give my car an expensive and thorough deep cleaning.

My question is, should I pursue this further with my service company and atleast get a reimbursement to the cleaning fees (not cheap) or should I cut my losses? Honestly I'm just not a very confrontational person so showing up with a video of a random couple having sex in my car whilst threatening a lawsuit if I don't get my cleaning bills reimbursed gives me anxiety. However my car and I still feel violated so what is the most reasonable way to go about this? I also keep thinking about all the other cars that must have been defiled in the past and also the future if they are not stopped. Am I obligated to speak up on this matter considering the evidence I currently have?

EDIT: drat I guess I was asking for it with that title. But seriously, let's chill on that for now as we are reaching quite high territory here... Regarding the feedback, it has been immensely helpful and I am extremely glad to see that it would be in my and everyones best interest to pursue this ASAP and also in a calm manner. Also I will be contacting the owner directly as some of you advised that it could even be the manager.

Regarding the questions on the camera, I drive an Uber from time to time and so have a very sleek camera from blackvue here https://www.blackvue.com/dr650s-2ch-ir/ (is this allowed?)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I feel like he might have called the police or filed a report were that the case.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

What that jogger should carry instead of a knife is the tazer knuckles.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blade Runner posted:

You think electronic Chuckie Cheese tokens are real currency and so I'm not sure about your opinions on the authenticity of things

fiat currency is real my friend, despite what Rand Paul said before you tackled him off his tractor

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yawgmoth posted:

dude have you ever been to a bus stop or ridden any public transit

she could have murdered the dude with his own dick and the people would step over his corpse to get on/off the bus

This lol, if you live in any sort of major metro, there could be any, or all of, the following things happening and no one would do a loving thing:

1) People being lit on fire 50' from the bus stop
2) A man bleeding out in the gutter in front of the bus stop
3) Feral dogs munching on a dead person in the alley next to the bus stop
4) 2 people knife fighting

Ok, so the scenarios are slightly outlandish, but seriously, people get mugged, beat up, shot etc with normal people standing there watching and those people will do nothing, it's not uncommon.

v--- True public defecation is more common, but people are more likely to whip out their phone and take a lovely unusable video of you getting stabbed than they are to help and/or call 911.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 15, 2017

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I see violence at bus stops less than I see people taking dumps. I did see a dude run by and then like 3 others chasing him but my bus was like 2 minutes away so, eh.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Admiral Ray posted:

I can't help but feel those are illegal in many, many places. But not the USA because you people are crazy morons.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

The jogger lady was in utah, which has a stand your ground / no duty to retreat law

That means that even if you stab someone if you think they're not done attacking you, you can keep going until you feel the threat is gone / the person is clearly incapacitated

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Admiral Ray posted:

IRL Lightning Punch hell yeah

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ham Sandwiches posted:

The jogger lady was in utah, which has a stand your ground / no duty to retreat law

That means that even if you stab someone if you think they're not done attacking you, you can keep going until you feel the threat is gone / the person is clearly incapacitated

feels like the dude could say he was jogging, bumped into her by accident, and ran away when she started stabbing him. The way she told the story wouldn't really include any self defense wounds and the only witnesses would have been seeing a lady with a knife yelling and chasing a dude.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

feels like the dude could say he was jogging, bumped into her by accident, and ran away when she started stabbing him. The way she told the story wouldn't really include any self defense wounds and the only witnesses would have been seeing a lady with a knife yelling and chasing a dude.

im sure a utah jury will buy that

My mentor [M40] and my [F28] relationship - his wife [F39] doesn't like it anymore.Non-Romantic (self.relationships)

quote:

I've known my boss/mentor Jim for 2 plus years now. We have a strong bond and he helped me tremendously in so many ways including helping me when I first moved to a new city, introducing me to people, and helping me at work, first when I started and now whenever I need it. He's one of the best in my field and I would not be where I was today if it wasn't for him. Having him there is instrumental to my success.

He has a wife Michelle and 2 children (10 and 8). I have gotten to know all of them and I thought they all loved me. I even spent the holidays at their house last year as I could not go home.

I want to describe my relationship with Jim to show you that nothing inappropriate is going on - I view him as a mentor figure. My intentions are not romantic, although I know people may think its weird. We do spend a lot of time together at work and outside of work. It is the nature of our job. I want to learn as much as I can from him, about my job, about life, about everything. I want to impress him. I want to show him how good I am at my job, partially thanks to him. I do talk over things with him, like when I was missing home or not fitting in at work and more now. I know that over the past 2 plus years, we've built a very deep friendship on top of the professional one and it is something that I love and respect. It, to me, has never crossed a line. I know his wife and respect her.

Jim had told me that I was invited to Thanksgiving again this year months ago. He informed me last week that he was sorry and he spoke too soon. He said that it would be better for everyone if I went somewhere else and recommended another colleague. I was upset, I admit, even though that may not be my right. I enjoyed the holidays last year. I felt at home there. I loved playing with their kids. I pressed him for why. He said that his wife was not comfortable and thought our relationship veered too much over the line now. I couldn't help hide how sad I was and he tried to comfort me, but here I am, days later, and I still feel this way.

I know I do not have a right to their holidays. I am worried how his wife's feelings will effect our relationship going forward. He is integral to my professional and personal life. At this point, he's not only my boss and my mentor, he's my best friend and vice versa. I asked her to get coffee. I want to explain to her, not for an invite to Thanksgiving, but so that things will stay the way they are.

tl;dr: My mentor/boss's wife has suddenly decided our relationship is not okay and uninvited me to thanksgiving. I am worried how this will effect our relationship going forward and do not want problems to arise. My question would be, would should I do?

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 15, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ArbitraryC posted:

feels like the dude could say he was jogging, bumped into her by accident, and ran away when she started stabbing him.
He could say that, yes. Then she could get up on the stand, cry a little while telling her version of events, and he gets 15 years.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Outrail posted:

I can't help but feel those are illegal in many, many places. But not the USA because you people are crazy morons.

In USA actually mostly all self defense weapons such any sort of knuckles or blades are highly regulated and banned with high jail sentences if caught with in public. In those same states carrying a bunch of guns on you is totally OK though, since those are protected by the constitution so they can't regulate them. It's stupid.

Even pepper sprays are gray area in New York for example. If they determine your life wasn't in immediate and grave danger when you used it, you go to jail. So you can't spray people that grab your rear end while you jog.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

He could say that, yes. Then she could get up on the stand, cry a little while telling her version of events, and he gets 15 years.

Assuming the story happened exactly as she told it, tbh I think what she did should have still been illegal. Even if you had cause to use potentially deadly force in response to a threat, once they are fleeing chasing them with the threat of killing them seems pretty obviously wrong.