Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

Regarding my dynasty question earlier...

I'm going to accept both trades.

I give my my 2018 first for Evans
AND
I give Duke Johnson and Sterling Shepard for Antonio Brown

It greatly increases my chances of winning this year, and both players are studs so I'm sure ill be able to trade one or both of them in the off-season.

Doooooo eeet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

We used google spreadsheets until we moved to MFL. MFL tracks salary caps so now I don't have to do the bookkeeping.

But yowza, being able to ignore the cap all season really reduces the point of the salaries. Just be momentarily under the cap once a year means you can drop an expensive player just before the cap gets checked and then immediately bid on him in the next free agent auction.

I thought you guys did a supplemental snake draft each year with rookies and any un-owned players? You do an auction draft each year after the startup?
If you are talking about in-season, I changed your rule that resets a dropped players salary to $0, and made it so they retain their value from their auction or FAAB bid.

MFL is such a terribly designed website that there's no way I could convince my league to use it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

VietCampo posted:

Gordon’s pretty inefficient honestly, so it’s a miracle he hasn’t lost more touches by now and is a RB1 by sheer volume.

Also not sure it’s possible for him to ever be perfectly healthy heh.

That's still no excuse for Rivers completely ignoring him on checkdowns for the last few weeks. It really feels like Rivers hates him or is actively audibling out of every single run play possible.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

RCarr posted:

Anyone think it's a bad idea? There's still time to talk me out of it! :downs:

Do it. It's the best of all options. Worst case scenario you have two starters for next year and less chaff at the start of the draft

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Zeke dropped his appeal, won't be back till week 16.

Even though this ends my season in my bm league, it sets me up pretty nicely with Zeke as a 3rd round keeper next year.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Need help assessing a trade in my 0PPR league.

I give: Carlos Hyde
I get: Jared Goff & AP

I don't really want AP but I'm hurting at QB (currently have Mariota & Manning) and for other RBs I have Jordan Howard, Christian McCaffrey, Alex Collins, Theo Riddick, and Samjae Perine.
Additionally, my concern with taking Goff is that I also already own Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp, so that's a lot on the Rams.

Leaning towards saying "yes" though, unless someone here points out an obvious downside.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

What’s the most you’d give up to get JAX RoS? A flex RB/WR? RB2? WR2?

Trade buddy is contemplating it. He has BAL and wants a one-for-one trade for JAX.

I’m loathe to give up any of my startable options when there are D/ST streamer options available (more on that later).

I offered Drake, Agholor, and Darkwa. Declined.
I offered Crowell. Demurred with “let me research after work”.

What remains (.5 ppr):

Devonta Freeman
Funchess
Juju
Ingram
McKinnon
Evans
Hopkins
Graham

Of those, I’d only seriously consider Funchess or Juju and even that seems like too much, given the volatility and tenuousness of Evans and Hopkins’ QB situations.

Tl;dr: what single active and healthy RB or WR represents the highest you’d give up for JAX?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Vargo posted:

Need help assessing a trade in my 0PPR league.

I give: Carlos Hyde
I get: Jared Goff & AP

I don't really want AP but I'm hurting at QB (currently have Mariota & Manning) and for other RBs I have Jordan Howard, Christian McCaffrey, Alex Collins, Theo Riddick, and Samjae Perine.
Additionally, my concern with taking Goff is that I also already own Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp, so that's a lot on the Rams.

Leaning towards saying "yes" though, unless someone here points out an obvious downside.

Nope. Your RB's are too soft after Hyde is gone (they are pretty soft now with Hyde). That Ram offense isn't going to continue trucking like these last 2 weeks so it would suck having to roll out Goff, Woods, & Kupp these last few weeks.

I'd play Mariota, stream, or try to trade for someone else's QB2

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

Tl;dr: what single active and healthy RB or WR represents the highest you’d give up for JAX?

Juju or McKinnon

aka someone who isn't going to make your starting lineup.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Mash? I'm definitely making the playoffs. My starting RBs are Coleman and McKinnon.

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 15, 2017

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I got offered a trade of my Golden Tate for his Robert Woods. I don't like it, but thought there might be opportunity to grab another player off him for Tate considering Tate is ranked 7th in half-ppr and isn't relying on 2 monster games for his points. I am the Devonta Freeman owner (got him in a trade) and he has Coleman. Would you guys do Tate for Coleman + Woods? I am 4-6, but we do playoffs by division winner and then record (dumb I know) and I am currently tied with everyone in my division and need to pull ahead in these last few weeks.

Current WR's: AJ Green, Tate, Diggs, Cooper, Robby Anderson
Current RB's: Howard, Freeman, Abdullah, Cohen

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

twice burned ice posted:

Mash? I'm definitely making the playoffs. My starting RBs are Coleman and McKinnon.

That doesn't help you in anyway...

Unless maybe I didn't read it correctly. Maybe try making the image bigger so I can see it better?

MrSargent posted:

I got offered a trade of my Golden Tate for his Robert Woods. I don't like it, but thought there might be opportunity to grab another player off him for Tate considering Tate is ranked 7th in half-ppr and isn't relying on 2 monster games for his points. I am the Devonta Freeman owner (got him in a trade) and he has Coleman. Would you guys do Tate for Coleman + Woods? I am 4-6, but we do playoffs by division winner and then record (dumb I know) and I am currently tied with everyone in my division and need to pull ahead in these last few weeks.

Current WR's: AJ Green, Tate, Diggs, Cooper, Robby Anderson
Current RB's: Howard, Freeman, Abdullah, Cohen

yes

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 15, 2017

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

That doesn't help you in anyway...

Unless maybe I didn't read it correctly. Maybe try making the image bigger so I can see it better?

yes
The image is 1440x2960?

I give up:
Greg Olsen
Alshon Jeffery

I receive:
Emmanuel Sanders
Adrian Peterson
Ezekiel Elliott
Austin Seferian-Jenkins

The idea is to have Zeke for the playoff finals. My two starting WRs are Cooks and Thielen, so I'm not hurting too badly losing Jeffery.

I'm hesitant to trade away Olsen, but I've been winning without him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

twice burned ice posted:

The image is 1440x2960?

I give up:
Greg Olsen
Alshon Jeffery

I receive:
Emmanuel Sanders
Adrian Peterson
Ezekiel Elliott
Austin Seferian-Jenkins

The idea is to have Zeke for the playoff finals. My two starting WRs are Cooks and Thielen, so I'm not hurting too badly losing Jeffery.

I’d try to get a RB who can help for maybe more than 1 week.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

twice burned ice posted:

The image is 1440x2960?

I give up:
Greg Olsen
Alshon Jeffery

I receive:
Emmanuel Sanders
Adrian Peterson
Ezekiel Elliott
Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Seems like that trade would leave you in a worse place because now your RBs would be Coleman, McKinnon, and AP for 5 more weeks while you lose a stud. I'd rather keep Jeffrey and throw one of your WRs in the flex.

There's also no way ASJ is that much of an upgrade to whatever body you are starting right now. Olsen will be a way more valuable asset when returns and you've already held on this long.

e: the trade is actually

You send: TE1, WR1

You get: WR3, RB3, RB1 (for a week), TEwhogivesashit

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 16, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mash?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Who do you give up? I️ mean I'd mash that

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Juju or McKinnon

aka someone who isn't going to make your starting lineup.

For this week, McKinnon is my RB2 with Freeman injured.

I like having the “flex”ibility of either McKinnon or Juju at the flex based on matchups, just not sure I’m not miserly enough to let one go. I appreciate the feedback at least in that it helps me evaluate Funchess vs Juju more objectively.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

I'm a dollar menu guy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm a dollar menu guy.

I don't think it's a good trade. Looks like you gotta send 3 players AND a bunch of empty space. That's too much imo

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Oh man, Zeke got dropped in my league. I have probably the second-best team and was planning on making an offer to the Zeke owner (who is out of the playoffs) so I'd have a nice home run hitter in the wings in week 16 if I make it to the championship. It's inevitable that the best team in the league is going to pick up Zeke and sit on him just so I can't use him because that's exactly the sort of thing he'd do. And he has way more FAAB dollars left than I have :mad:

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Fair enough. Those are good arguments.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

For this week, McKinnon is my RB2 with Freeman injured.

I like having the “flex”ibility of either McKinnon or Juju at the flex based on matchups, just not sure I’m not miserly enough to let one go. I appreciate the feedback at least in that it helps me evaluate Funchess vs Juju more objectively.

I thought you had Crowell too?

I think McKinnon is going to keep getting phased out with Murray taking over more snaps. Think his snap count has grown more each week and he outsnapped mckinnon last 2 weeks.

I’d try to move him before you are stuck with trying to figure out how/when to play him week by week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do y’all feel about Alex Smith ROS? How about next year? I have trouble believing he’s for real.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

How do y’all feel about Alex Smith ROS? How about next year? I have trouble believing he’s for real.

I’m rolling with him ROS. Traded Goff because of KC’s remaining schedule.

Him and Hunt or go down in flames for me in one league where I’m 7-3.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alfalfa posted:

I think McKinnon is going to keep getting phased out with Murray taking over more snaps. Think his snap count has grown more each week and he outsnapped mckinnon last 2 weeks.

I’d try to move him before you are stuck with trying to figure out how/when to play him week by week.

It's going to vary game by game. Murray outsnapped McKinnon the last two games because we were beating the poo poo out of them and Murray is the "power guy," where if we have to pass more McKinnon will be getting the touches.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This week's injury report has been written by Tyrod Taylor's bloated angst.

Also, anyone got a superior solution than most for what to do when owners start flaking on setting their fantasy lineups?

Oh, hey, I'm taking bets with anyone who thinks the Chargers will beat the Bills this weekend. Winner(s) get reverse bragging rights for one week (the loser has to agree with all your posts in N/V and AQ for one week):

Drunk Nerds posted:

Buffalo over San Diego this week. No points.

*music scratches. Everyone in the saloon looks up*

Lock it up.

Who wants to bet one week of reverse bragging rights on this? (reverse bragging rights means the loser must agree with all the winner's posts in this thread for one week). I'll take any and all comers.

IN SO FAR
A nice Cape

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

I thought you guys did a supplemental snake draft each year with rookies and any un-owned players? You do an auction draft each year after the startup?
If you are talking about in-season, I changed your rule that resets a dropped players salary to $0, and made it so they retain their value from their auction or FAAB bid.

MFL is such a terribly designed website that there's no way I could convince my league to use it.

We allow 2 weeks for roster moves, then we use our FAAB dollars to bid on anyone we want. This includes any guys dropped due to their too high salary, so guys like Bell and Julio being $65 out of 250 probably will be dropped and then bid on.

After that we do a rookie snake (I think it's just rookies, pretty sure).

Then waivers as normal once or twice before the season starts.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

I do have Crow but I have McKinnon higher than him (this week at least; the Rams give up the 5th most points to RBs). Crow is up against JAX so for this week at least, I’m higher on McKinnon.

I agree with you that McK’s usage can get situational but he’s not Tarik Cohen-levels of situational - he hasn’t dipped below double-digit carries yet.

I’ll have to see what he comes back with in terms of players that interest him. I’d entertain either one of Crowell or McKinnon. He already has Lactavius so that might be the kicker.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Trade deadline is this week. Dumb, whatever.

What would you say Greg Olsen’s worth is?

Trying to rid of him. Starting Cutler/McCown at QB cause the Bills are dumb and Devante Adams at WR2. TE is Graham.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
His value is whatever you can get for him.

He's useless to a team fighting for a spot and he's marginally valuable to someone set for the playoffs.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

89 posted:

Trade deadline is this week. Dumb, whatever.

What would you say Greg Olsen’s worth is?

Trying to rid of him. Starting Cutler/McCown at QB cause the Bills are dumb and Devante Adams at WR2. TE is Graham.

Worth a WR2 max unfortunately. Better off holding Olsen, streaming for a week or two, and getting value from Graham while he’s hot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

We allow 2 weeks for roster moves, then we use our FAAB dollars to bid on anyone we want. This includes any guys dropped due to their too high salary, so guys like Bell and Julio being $65 out of 250 probably will be dropped and then bid on.

After that we do a rookie snake (I think it's just rookies, pretty sure).

Then waivers as normal once or twice before the season starts.

Is this something you implemented this season? I remember asking in the pre-season what happens when an elite talent gets dropped into the pool because the first 4 overall picks only come with a salary of $20, and you guys (you are in the same league as Leperfish, yes?) said you didn't have a contingency plan for something like that.

So with your new system, say Bell is dropped, and you bid $50 FAAB for him. Does that mean you start the season down $50 FAAB right off the bat, or what?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

Is this something you implemented this season? I remember asking in the pre-season what happens when an elite talent gets dropped into the pool because the first 4 overall picks only come with a salary of $20, and you guys (you are in the same league as Leperfish, yes?) said you didn't have a contingency plan for something like that.

So with your new system, say Bell is dropped, and you bid $50 FAAB for him. Does that mean you start the season down $50 FAAB right off the bat, or what?

Yeah, it's new -- I pushed for it after joining and taking over a team. The issue I had was exactly that -- I had pick 1.01, and three insanely expensive WRs ($49, $45, and $56). All it did was create a world where 1.01 should drop their best expensive player (if appropriate) and pick them up for a severe discount that makes them holdable. Realistically, I didn't feel like I had an option -- I had to drop Julio and pick him up for $20 unless it was fixed.

And yes, that's exactly what it means; it eats into your FAAB for the season. But apparently they hadn't used their full FAABs in past seasons either.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I like it. I'll have to bring that up to the league. Thanks for the info.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Alfalfa posted:

Nope. Your RB's are too soft after Hyde is gone (they are pretty soft now with Hyde). That Ram offense isn't going to continue trucking like these last 2 weeks so it would suck having to roll out Goff, Woods, & Kupp these last few weeks.

I'd play Mariota, stream, or try to trade for someone else's QB2

Thanks. He's really looking to get rid of Goff, it seems. He also offered me Goff for Michael Thomas, and even though my WR corps are stronger than my RBs, I took a look at the rest of Goff's season and I really don't like the way it looks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
In a half PPR league with 2RB, 3WR, and a flex where none of these players are starters would you drop Josh Doctson, Samaje Perine, Corey Davis, or Rex Burkhead for David Johnson or Josh Gordon?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

I like it. I'll have to bring that up to the league. Thanks for the info.

We wound up with Lamar Miller, Gronk, and Dez getting dropped in the pre season of the big names. All of them were picked up at similar salaries, which made it surprising to me that none of them moved via trade. We also had an injured OBJ get dropped mid season and picked up at a ~$10-15 discount vs his old salary.

But it makes the $100 FAAB more usable with a $250 cap.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In a half PPR league with 2RB, 3WR, and a flex where none of these players are starters would you drop Josh Doctson, Samaje Perine, Corey Davis, or Rex Burkhead for David Johnson or Josh Gordon?

Is this a keeper league or redraft?

David Johnson isn't coming back anyway is he? They're not going to rush him back to finish the season 7-9 or whatever. Not playoff contenders so they wont play him much even if he comes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

We wound up with Lamar Miller, Gronk, and Dez getting dropped in the pre season of the big names. All of them were picked up at similar salaries, which made it surprising to me that none of them moved via trade. We also had an injured OBJ get dropped mid season and picked up at a ~$10-15 discount vs his old salary.

But it makes the $100 FAAB more usable with a $250 cap.

All this talk means I really need to go find me a dynasty league next season to play in.

• Locked thread