Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

You turn around to (take door/get __) but the KDM people have noticed you. One starts excitedly talking about the horrific monsters in the game while other says there’s an open seat at the table. You try to ignore the sounds but they are approaching

> start fire
[I presume: with the thread]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thread's moving fast today but I'm still gonna answer.

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the original ending and what did they change it to?

The original ending was like HazCat said. You find out that the reason monsters aren't attacking your camp is because the big bad is right under your camp scaring them off. There's what sounds like a fairly epic battle with all of your survivors involved. If you win, the 'protection' is gone and you fight skirmishes until you die.

Dark because that's what this dumb game is, but still, an ending.

The new ending has there being this other bad guy who shows up after you defeat the old boss. Win or lose, the page has two very short paragraphs describing the end. If you win, I think the lantern light slowly fades and your remaining survivors are all devoured in the darkness, or some dumb poo poo like that. Lose, and you get almost the same paragraph.

Woo, grimdark!

Anyway please stop posting that skirmish game because I like models but I will literally never play it. Please prevent a dumb purchase!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

graventy posted:

The new ending has there being this other bad guy who shows up after you defeat the old boss. Win or lose, the page has two very short paragraphs describing the end. If you win, I think the lantern light slowly fades and your remaining survivors are all devoured in the darkness, or some dumb poo poo like that. Lose, and you get almost the same paragraph.

Sounds like someone played Dark Souls.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sinteres posted:

Did you ever watch or read Berserk? KD:M is pretty much the ending to the Golden Age arc but interpreted through the "That's My Fetish" meme.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

kinkouin posted:

Yeah, I do that and help other Goons get in on late backing. I dont really take any off the top for any of the ones I back.

Probably going to hold off this though, I dont expect I'd get into that game for a while.

Well it won't be out until this time next year, so that's plenty of time, though there will be public playtesting, and an alpha of the rules is already out

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

You turn around to (take door/get __) but the KDM people have noticed you. One starts excitedly talking about the horrific monsters in the game while other says there’s an open seat at the table. You try to ignore the sounds but they are approaching

>READY SICK BURN

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Chill la Chill posted:

Roll D10:
1-3 You die
4-7 You're scarred horribly. Lose 1 eye. Gain Lion Testicles.
8-10 You enjoy it. Gain 3 insanity and 3 survivors for your tribe (all male). Roll again next round.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

Well it won't be out until this time next year, so that's plenty of time, though there will be public playtesting, and an alpha of the rules is already out

Right, it's also the money to devote to it. I had originally budgeted for getting the Time of Legends: Joan of Arc KS instead, but then I realized I had bills to pay and not enough friends to play that KS with :smith:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Marbled dice

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Sinteres posted:

Every Dark Souls game has at least one ending where the player character kind of triumphs.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

homullus posted:

It's very telling that you feel saying "games should not be rapey, sexist, or racist" is a sign of derangement.

Okay let's look at the chain of events here:

kinkouin posted:

An amazing game, if your wallet is fat and you have tons of time to assemble/paint minis.

Arivia posted:

No. It’s an amazing game if you enjoy gamifying sexual assault and misogyny. Thank you for outing yourself as a piece of poo poo!

It's that last sentence, there, see it? Yeah- especially since konkouin later said he hadn't encountered any of that because of how he'd come to the game.

Arguing the game is bad because of all these things and people should not play it or give the guys money, all well and good. This is more like seeing someone who owns a Lovecraft book or a copy of King Kong and saying "You're a racist fuckhead go kill yourself."

It's not about defending the game.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Battle Systems' new kickstarter, Core Space, has gone up. Looks good! Also includes the option to just grab some of their terrain, if you're not interested in the game system itself.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress yeah, marbled dice achieved!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

I am interested in Kingdom Death minis, but have a few questions.

1. Are they mostly smooth, or a lot of jagged edges?
2. What is the normal diameter of these minis?
3. Will certain chemicals and/or food make the minis deteriorate, or is a clear coating required?
4. How sturdy are the kingdom death minis?

Thank you.
Sorry none of them have a proper flared base. You're going to have toe add that separately.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Isn´t the idea of the fetishized games also that they provide a safe outlet for those fetishes without being played out in society itself? You know...like roleplaying or videogames for many are a form of outlet for feelings, frustrations etc.?

Also, wouldn´t Arivias form of "Activism" result in a harassment law suite?

Finally, there always exist things we find morally despicable or wrong, but that doesn´t mean that they don´t have a right to be created by their author, as long as they don´t interfere with the safety or freedoms of the individual? The work itself is not dangerous. It´s what we let it influence that can be dangerous.

In short. Elfgames and it´s related media can be lovely. Just like the rest. Sorry, it happens. Reference FATAL and remember that Nabokovs Lolita exists. Also, play Gloomhaven instead.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Boy howdy am I glad I'm getting those dice marbled at no extra cost

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Imagine using loving Lolita as an "Actually gross stuff is good" defense when the book literally could not pack any more venom for it's lovely, lovely protagonist.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Chill la Chill posted:

You go to your local game store's weekly board game night, and have discovered that a group of people have set up a game of Kingdom Death Monster with the rulebook splayed out to a questionable picture. You don't know the game but you see the rulebook, a giant box, and some tiddy minis around the table. The people involved seem like they're waiting for their friend to arrive.

>

I run both local game nights so I ask them to put the game away or leave since I do not allow vulgar games like that/CAH/Tanto Curoe at game nights.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Cat Face Joe posted:

dont put them in ur butt
Dammit.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mr. Maltose posted:

Imagine using loving Lolita as an "Actually gross stuff is good" defense when the book literally could not pack any more venom for it's lovely, lovely protagonist.

Thank you for saying this before I could

ANYWAY: Invisible Sun updated yesterday with prototypes of the ludicrous feelies, including the ~sun medallions~:

(These are blind-boxed/chosen by pledge time with no visible prototypes, incidentally. Oh, boy, I hope I get the lovely two-squares-and-a-circle one!!)

And, of course, the freakin' Torgo hand:

They also said something about an actual play launching, but I'm not sure if I want to spoil myself on the majesty of this poo poo before I get my Bad Idea Box.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Gloomhaven arrived and WOW it's big. Really looking forward to seeing what this is all about.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Boy howdy am I glad I'm getting those dice marbled at no extra cost

I only wish the marbled dice were Kickstarter exclusives so they could be a status symbol that made me feel superior to other people for owning them.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know much about miniatures, is resin good or bad? What about the transparent resin they're doing the ice elementals in, is that gonna be basically the same as transparent plastic?

Resin is a somewhat brittle material that holds a sharper edge than most plastic forms. It's a good compromise between high quality, but low manufacturing value. Resin dust has been associated with something bad; I've heard cancer, but it's probably more that it aerosol's easily and irritates the lungs like a motherfucker. If you're going to do mold line trimming or model sanding, you'll want some kind of respirator or dust mask, and it's a very good idea to seal up the figure once you're done.

Clear resin is basically the same stuff from most water fx kits. Since they specify 'translucent blue resin;' the ice elementals will probably have very sharp definition and be more fragile than the transparent plastics from Malifaux (for hard plastic) or Reaper Bones (for soft plastics.) Standard kickstarter rules apply, of course; and I don't know if we've got any other examples of their clear resin, so your mileage may vary.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

kinkouin posted:

My point is exactly this. You went from 0-60 on this; it seems based on figures that isn't in the core game and is not even in the game unless you specifically are going for it.

I haven't even heard of whatever "breast pump" item, nor of the boss monster Liquid Communism linked.

I only recommended it as a game cause I enjoyed the slog - fighting cool monsters so that your settlement doesn't get crushed by opposing forces. I agree that the (essentially) 10% chance of just outright dying is a little bad, but I felt it was inline with the concept.

I feel this is somewhat applicable. Yes, there are some boss monster models in the game, but whatever outlying, sexualized, bizarre models that were showcased in earlier posts are not in the game. And as mentioned, they're optional/no rules for them. The fact is, the game has concepts that are not misogynistic/sexual assault related but it seems a lot of people got triggered over choice pieces. Whatever, the fact that I was "outed" is still bewildering to me; I enjoyed the game and I'm recommending it - dont take several leaps of logic and lump me with your own assumptions cause you feel off about specific concepts/sculpts.

Yes, that's the original ending - it ends up being a boss rush mode where you continuously fight all the old monsters you've encountered. There's also another ending that I haven't played, for the variant in settlements with a different set of bosses; the ending should be similar in the boss rush mode.

I did not go far enough. That is all promotional work that was used to sell the kickstarter. All taken from the gallery section of their site.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

I did not go far enough. That is all promotional work that was used to sell the kickstarter. All taken from the gallery section of their site.

The original KS was 5 years ago. Plenty of people encounter KD without ever seeing the KS or the store or the promo models for the game. Anyone whose only contact with KD is having a friend who owns it (or who gets them to play it over TTS) is never going to know about any of the stuff you're posting about.

Which doesn't mean you can't inform them of it all and then judge their responses to the new information. It just means that prejudging everyone who has played KD as being a misogynist who supports dick monsters and titty models is premature.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

HazCat posted:

The original KS was 5 years ago. Plenty of people encounter KD without ever seeing the KS or the store or the promo models for the game. Anyone whose only contact with KD is having a friend who owns it (or who gets them to play it over TTS) is never going to know about any of the stuff you're posting about.

Which doesn't mean you can't inform them of it all and then judge their responses to the new information. It just means that prejudging everyone who has played KD as being a misogynist who supports dick monsters and titty models is premature.

True, which is exactly why my post was about how defending it is a lovely hill to die on, not about how the OP was a horrible human being.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

True, which is exactly why my post was about how defending it is a lovely hill to die on, not about how the OP was a horrible human being.

Oh, then I think this is all just a misunderstanding then. I've always understood the phrase 'choosing a hill to die on' to refer to someone intentionally doubling down on a point they feel strongly about, and so it looked weird to accuse someone whose only post was basically "wait, what?" of doing that.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

HazCat posted:

:same:

Liquid Communism posted:

HazCat posted:

Oh, then I think this is all just a misunderstanding then. I've always understood the phrase 'choosing a hill to die on' to refer to someone intentionally doubling down on a point they feel strongly about, and so it looked weird to accuse someone whose only post was basically "wait, what?" of doing that.

:same:

kinkouin fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 18, 2017

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Gratuitous Anime Gimmick: Of Raised Dead & Evening Rituals has reached its goal.

I am, uh, freaking smooth out

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Have they ever actually explained what the Invisible Sun magic hand is for? Is this something you can high-five when you realize none of your friends will put up with this wank?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Gratuitous Anime Gimmick: Of Raised Dead & Evening Rituals has reached its goal.

Congratulations!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

And now that everyone knows, maybe get off the hill

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Or for you the reader, if you get sucked into being a creep. It’s always funny to see people gently caress that up.

Also the original poster about KD came back and was still defending it even after having everything else pointed out, soooooo trash. It’s 2017: stop accepting lovely misogynistic games and the people who play them into your spaces. There’s no loving excuse any more, not for that kind of poo poo. If people want to prove they’re not like that then they shouldn’t be playing rape miniatures in the first place, not wringing their hands over their fragile male ego not being able to take being called a bad name.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Congrats!

occamsnailfile posted:

Have they ever actually explained what the Invisible Sun magic hand is for? Is this something you can high-five when you realize none of your friends will put up with this wank?

Pretty sure it's literally just to hold whatever card/thing is active at the time.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I support dick monster and tiddy models but dislike sexual assault in games. Please inform me of my morality and or feelings on this.

Arivia posted:

Or for you the reader, if you get sucked into being a creep. It’s always funny to see people gently caress that up.

That's the entire point and the way the novel is structured. You, when reading the novel not when putting down, get drawn in and are supposed to excuse the protagonist and his bullshit. Lotlita is about fascism apologia and how the reader/human beings who benefit from or aren't oppressed by them slide into complacency as long as the excuse of horrendous deeds is done by a charismatic enough spokesperson.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 18, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Three out of five dickgirls, at least according to the Kinsey scale.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Arivia posted:

If people want to prove they’re not like that then they shouldn’t be playing rape miniatures in the first place, not wringing their hands over their fragile male ego not being able to take being called a bad name.

I'm a woman and I've mostly been posting to correct the stuff you've been saying because it flat out isn't true. You're making stuff up and then yelling at people for not knowing about it.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Arivia posted:

Also the original poster about KD came back and was still defending it even after having everything else pointed out, soooooo trash. It’s 2017: stop accepting lovely misogynistic games and the people who play them into your spaces. There’s no loving excuse any more, not for that kind of poo poo. If people want to prove they’re not like that then they shouldn’t be playing rape miniatures in the first place, not wringing their hands over their fragile male ego not being able to take being called a bad name.

I'm defending my confusion over your original response. Stop misconstruing words.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I watched a review of KDM that ended on that note that the game could have been neat, but there was a ton of titty art and rape art in the campaign book/s or something like that so I'm not entirely sure there is none of that in the main game.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kinkouin posted:

I'm defending my confusion over your original response. Stop misconstruing words.

Dude there’s a time to quit and stop talking and that line was ages ago. It’s a lovely misogynistic game full of rape and poo poo. Don’t buy it, don’t support it, don’t defend it.

Stop loving handwringing over “well it’s not in the patch I played!” It is part of the game and the product. Kingdom Death sells itself on women’s bodies. Full stop.

And by the way, your incessant defense of the game is making my response more reasonable every time you say something. If you don’t want to be That Guy, then shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Arivia posted:

Dude there’s a time to quit and stop talking and that line was ages ago. It’s a lovely misogynistic game full of rape and poo poo. Don’t buy it, don’t support it, don’t defend it.

Stop loving handwringing over “well it’s not in the patch I played!” It is part of the game and the product. Kingdom Death sells itself on women’s bodies. Full stop.

And by the way, your incessant defense of the game is making my response more reasonable every time you say something. If you don’t want to be That Guy, then shut up.

I've been long past your version of "he said she said" and am still curious as to why you're going full tumblr over my initial response.

Again with misconstruing words - I'm defending my confusion over why you're so adamant that your stance has to be the loudest voice in the room here and that it has to be labeled as such.

So I saw the models, I get where you're coming from. Why are you still trying to make me the bad guy when I already made my point abundantly clear?

You're literally trying to make this argument out of spite at this point.