Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I mean on the level of cynicism and effectiveness

Also I just read going postal again and might have an appreciation for shamefully obvious scams

I also like the Pandora charms on the level of "you guys realize that was a box full of horrible, awful things, right?"

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

No better way to start a relationship like slashing the tendons in your hands and impairing your fine motor function for life.
Would a minor cut on your hand really be that dangerous? I feel like the worst that could happen would be an infection when it's healing. not to say it's not dumb/gross for a variety of reasons but "slashing tendons" seems to be a bit of a reach.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

Would a minor cut on your hand really be that dangerous? I feel like the worst that could happen would be an infection when it's healing. not to say it's not dumb/gross for a variety of reasons but "slashing tendons" seems to be a bit of a reach.

It's really easy to go too deep. Hands are pretty fragile and contain a lot of bits that don't heal well.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's really easy to go too deep. Hands are pretty fragile and contain a lot of bits that don't heal well.
I guess thinking about it, the palm is also a place where you'd move it a lot so it'd be hard to heal and super likely to scar too

really want to read stories of people maiming themselves through their pagan rituals now

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ArbitraryC posted:

I can sort of understand her position but I don't think he's really wrong either in admitting that if he's okay with whichever genitals regardless of the person they're attached to he's bi

I think the most accurate answer would be that he's pansexual.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I guess thinking about it, the palm is also a place where you'd move it a lot so it'd be hard to heal and super likely to scar too

really want to read stories of people maiming themselves through their pagan rituals now

There is a reason that historically, absolutely nobody ever did it that way. It looks "cool" on film but in practice its extremely easy to debilitate yourself for life, and husband to be here doesn't exactly sound like he's thinking things through. From scarring, infection, cutting too deep and slashing one of the many, many, many little things in your hand its rife with issues.

Historically if it occurred I believe the consensus is you'd scrape your forearm your forearm

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I'm pretty sure that Southern women are the reason behind 90% of the horrible and tacky poo poo you see. Women here love Pandora, Lilly Pulitzer, pink Yeti coolers, yellow / brown diamonds, etc. The South is where horrible tacky poo poo goes to live for 20 more years before it dies.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shugojin posted:

I mean on the level of cynicism and effectiveness

Also I just read going postal again and might have an appreciation for shamefully obvious scams

I also like the Pandora charms on the level of "you guys realize that was a box full of horrible, awful things, right?"

Woof, my aunt is like that. She wants jewelry EVERY holiday (even Sweetest Day) and any 'trend' jewelry that comes along, she needs that. Chocolate diamonds, Pandora bracelets, he'll remember those ugly rear end pendants shaped like 'kids' with their birthstone colors that were big in the late 90s or early 2000s? She has also henpecked her husband into 'upgrading' her engagement ring at least twice.

It's like Kay jeweler ads are a dog whistle to her.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Engagement ring upgrades are a wearable Ship of Theseus paradox

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
"baby, 7 years ago when you married me I was a completely different collection of cells, so if you don't upgrade the ring, are you even married to the me I am now??"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's like Kay jeweler ads are a dog whistle to her.

Kay is for total middle class boners

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

quote:

He doesn't want to do a traditional proposal with a ring any more, instead he wants to do something he calls a blood pact. Where we both cut our hands with a knife and then press them together. He said "That means we're bonded for life even stronger than a normal engagement."

So like barebacking but gross.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Dude is 6 years old apparently.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You should know what you're getting into when dating a Klingon. Who's going to be their sword-bearer for the wedding?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

maskenfreiheit posted:

american teachers are dumb as rocks and paid exactly as much as someone with their level of collective iq deserve

news flash: countries that pay their teachers better wages also have higher standards

(i may be biased because students from the school of education used to loudly piss and gently caress in the alley behind my apartment in grad school)

american teachers get paid massively more working internationally than they do working in the states.

you're biased because you're a scared boy in a tall tower whose only glimpse of the world comes when others lie to you.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
My identical twin sister [24F] is ruining my [24F] life

quote:

his is my first time (and probably last time) posting to Reddit. A friend of mine recommended I post to this sub, so... Let's hope his advice was good!

My sister and I are identical twins. When the doctor said we were going to be identical, our parents instantly decided it would be cute to give us very similar names. She's Lena, I'm Lana. One letter apart. We are, however, very different people.

Lena is a compulsive liar, and bully. In school, if she got a bad grade on an assignment, would scratch out the 'e' in her name, and change it to another 'a.' Then, she'd tell the teacher that she got my assignment back, and would make me change the name on my own paper. When she was bullying people, she would call herself by my name, thus, making them blame me for it.

I finally got an out after high school, when Lena decided to move out West. I stayed in our home town (not a small town, a rather large city.) However, my problems persisted. When I tried to add people from high school on Facebook, they would block me, or send me messages about what a horrible human being I was. If I clarified, they would accuse me of lying, and go on. The only reason I know that this is Lena's fault, is because she openly admitted to it.

My family is very closeknit, so I struggle to get away from her entirely. A while ago, over a holiday, Lena came back. My boyfriend and I had been dating for seven months, and I was excited for him to meet my family. After lunch, he took a nap, and I went to go take my parents' dog for a long walk. When he woke up, Lena started flirting with him, and they ended up having sex, because he thought that it was me. I was upset when he told me (he figured it out the moment I stepped inside), and we ended up breaking up because he thought Lena was better at sex than I was.

I dated a man from my high school afterwards, and he kept confusing me with Lena- who bullied him. He would cry when we had sex, and if we fought, he'd physically flinch and cower, even if I was across the room. We broke up for his own good.

Things are getting out of hand. People from my high school have been posting about me on Facebook, saying that my attempts to contact them are harassment and abuse. My own parents are buying into the rumors, and my old peers' parents are calling them, asking why I would hurt their children so badly. I've gotten hateful messages from people I barely know.

This double act that Lena is leading is killing me. I've dyed and cut my hair before, but she gets the same color and style. She pretends like it's just coincidence, but I know the awful truth. I'm considering getting plastic surgery, I hate this so much.

It's as though she exists to make my life miserable. How can I say that enough is enough? What can I do to make it stop? I enjoyed high school, I love the people I went with, but they all hate me. Even when I go out of that circle, she somehow ruins it. There's going to be plenty of people calling me a troll, or unrealistic, but I'm genuinely seeking out help.

TL;DR: My identical twin sister has been posing as me since we were in school, has ruined my relationships, and now people I barely know are harassing me because of what she's done to them under my name.
When the phrase "evil twin" rings a little too true.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Gluten Freeman posted:

I can't believe we haven't seen this one in the thread so far:

https://twitter.com/chaeronaea/status/880891971887353856

https://twitter.com/chaeronaea/status/880894994474774528

I love the progression from, "wow she sounds a little precious, so what if the ring isn't exactly what she wants, she didn't give him much to go on" to "HOLY poo poo THAT IS THE UGLIEST RING I HAVE EVER SEEN"

LOL. He bought a mood ring without the color changing effects as an engagement ring.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Anony Mouse posted:

Pretend to get a tattoo.

Or cut one of her fingers off.

Either or.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Anony Mouse posted:

Your sister should have grown a goatee by this point.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I like how the boyfriend who had undoubtedly been told about the evil twin situation just immediately hosed her when given the chance.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Pick posted:

Kay is for total middle class boners

please please PLEASE just shut the gently caress up and stop posting you are absolutely insufferable on every conceivable level

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

epsilon posted:

please please PLEASE just shut the gently caress up and stop posting you are absolutely insufferable on every conceivable level

Ooooo look who got his ring there lmao. did she say yes or did she say mace is legal in this state

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

almightyerin posted:

My [28M] boyfriend [28M] of 4 years wants to do a 'blood pact' instead of engagement

Gosh how romantic!

"i've been reading about this cool new thing on the internet, BLOOD PACTS! with the knife in the palm and everything."

"so like from the 80s before bloodborne illness existed?

edit:

I [25M] got drunk with my [23F] friend and made out. She regretted it after. Why?Dating

quote:

So why did she make out with me in the first place? I don't get drunk and do things I don't want to do, which makes me think deep down she wanted to. As in if she was sober, she would think "I want to, but I know I shouldn't for this or that." but since she's been drinking she's like "yeah why not!" Does that sound accurate? I'm not saying she wants to be with me, we don't really know each other well. But deep down, I think she wanted the attention or affection (or both). But I'm not a girl, so let me know any lady's experience out there.

Edit: Real quick, I'm not trying to date this girl. And I'm not overthinking anything, I'm an ENFP and enjoy analyzing lol.

tl;dr: Drunkenly made out with friend, she regretted it. Why did she do it in the first place?

lol this dude's edit

navier-stoked fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 20, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

Pretend to get a tattoo.

Like apply one of those transfers, wait for her to get a 'matching' tattoo, then pull it off and yell "psych!" ?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

Like apply one of those transfers, wait for her to get a 'matching' tattoo, then pull it off and yell "psych!" ?

Yeah, basically. This would especially be good if it was some super garish and awful tattoo.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Anony Mouse posted:

This is some Fight Club thing where there it turns out there is no twin, isn’t it.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
I've [23M] got so many skeletons in my closet I don't know what to do with myself.Personal issues

quote:

This will be fairly long, and I haven't told anyone about this so bear with me.

This post was prompted by my going on my first date which will be this Sunday ...

There have been things I've done in the past which I've regretted, and I feel like this will overshadow my entire life.
I'm studying engineering at a good university, but I've taken nearly 8 years to finish a course which should have only taken 5. The reasons are as follows:

I had a psychotic episode when I was 20 years old. This was brought about by mostly smoking pot, which I started when I was 17. There were a bunch of other reasons which were just bubbling along which I will go into now:

When I was 18 I went to a friend's 21st and then when the night ended, for no real reason behind it, I went to a see prostitute. We didn't have intercourse.

When I was 19 I started seeing a woman that was more than twice as old as me, as kind of a friends with benefits thing. It just kind of fizzled out.

At the beginning of last year, I came home after a bit of a night out and my parents were angry at me for staying out longer than usual. For some dumb reason, I cut my arms up pretty bad. I have scars all up and down my arms which I feel self conscious about.

-When I was 22, I had a manic episode - which I feel was brought about by me getting into spirituality. This was followed by a brief depressive period, but I'm feeling better now.
-I don't have a job (like a proper job). I've had several part-time jobs but I haven't gotten an internship at an engineering firm like I'm supposed to have gotten as a part of the requirement for my degree. This may be because of my below average marks, and the marks are low because I don't really apply myself. It has improved somewhat however, I'm doing honors next year, and this year I got pretty good grades.

The relationship with my parents and family has completely changed as a result of my gently caress-ups. When I got unwell (psychosis) I told my parents everything. They don't really trust me and are much more controlling. They always tell me to pray and to believe in God, but I just don't and I can't see myself ever being a believer.

I don't have many good friends. It feels like I'm just going through the motions right now.

I've never had a girlfriend. My parents after my psychosis completely cut all my friends out of my life and then a year after my episode sent me overseas for a year to work.

I see a clinical psychologist weekly to help me. She is the only other person aside from my parents and grandparents that knows.

What I'm trying to get at is that ... I've done all these things. It's constantly in the back of my mind. And my parents (they're good people...) keep bringing this up.

My parents say that when I get married or begin a relationship that I will have to tell the person all these things I've done.

Despite all this I continue to get up in the morning and feel thankful for all I have in my life and the people I have that support me and love me.

I've had discussions with my parents where they've said they've forgiven me for my transgressions but they do say what I've done is sinful and an affront to God. I think this is also because at one point in time I was a bit 'experimental' with my sexuality and did things with guys. My parents know about this too.

I still feel positive about the future. I'm somewhat happy. But my parents are still kind of 'living in the past'. My dad thinks I have a bad character. My mother tells me he sometimes cries over the fact that he used to beat me as a kid (sometimes) and feels partly responsible for the state I'm in. I don't blame him at all.

I guess I'm bringing all this up now because I was having a chat with my mother and she said ... 'you'll have to tell (the girl I'm seeing) eventually'.

To add to this my dad hasn't had the easiest time either. He has been on/off employed for the past 5 years. He lost his job recently due to redundancy and my mum especially has the view that 'children should be support for their parents'. As in once a child has grown up he/she should be a 'good' member of society and should be earning and capable of supporting a family and helping others in need.

-My mother keeps saying I can't tell 'right from wrong'.

I always compare myself to the people around me, and realize I've gone off the 'right track'. I keep thinking, 'when will things get better?'. No one calls me, no one texts me, no one asks me how I'm doing or how my day has been (aside from this girl I've gotten to know over the past year, and my psychologist).

Again to reiterate, I'm not looking for sympathy because this is all my doing. I'm not 'unhappy' but I'm not 'happy' either. I realize that life is what you make it but the date with this girl has me anxious and scared.

What will people think if they know the truth about me? I feel like I'm a liar and a thief, and to a degree I am. I feel like I can never get close to anyone because they will judge me.

TL;DR - I've done things in my past that have taken a toll on me. How do I move forward and stay positive. How do I make life better? How/when do I tell people about my fuckups. Do I need to tell them at all?
Thanks for reading. I think this post was better suited to r/offmychest but, whatever.

weed induced psychosis strikes again

also if you didn't like the formatting here you should see the original lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

ReadingZucchini posted:

I've [23M] got so many skeletons in my closet I don't know what to do with myself.Personal issues

weed induced psychosis strikes again

also if you didn't like the formatting here you should see the original lol

:sever: from your gently caress up parents because they are poisoning your world and will drag you down.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
When you’ve worked with enough people with disorders leading to psychosis (even stuff like depression and bipolar can have psychotic features) you just start to recognize the weird stream of consciousness stuff that racing thoughts produce.

Poor dude needs some meds and to keep seeing his psychologist. His parents are right to keep a close eye on him since he seems impulsive as gently caress.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mocking Bird posted:

Poor dude needs some meds and to keep seeing his psychologist

True. Needs a psychiatrist i think, as well as a psychologist.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [26 F] "boyfriend" [24 M] of 3 days became psychotic after losing a game of bowling

This happened about a week ago, but I am still shaken from the experience. We had about 4-5 dates total, together for 2 weeks, exclusive for 3 days.

I met this one guy on a dating app. He seemed find, a bit over eager to commit right away, but besides that no warning flags or anything. His family wanted to meet me right away too, even though I hold him I wanted to wait, but he said they made us dinner at home already...okay why not.

But on our last date, I saw him play with his bowling league team. He seemed fine in the beginning, he introduced me to literally everyone in the alley. (Which I personally did not like.)

Anyway, he lost, he got super mad - kept swearing, slamming things, throwing things, slammed the glass door on the way out. I basically asked him wtf is going on.
I wanted to walk out forever in the moment, but for some reason I did not, thought he would get calmer, but the more we talked, he said things like
"I hate people who cheat at bowling. (He thought they cheated somehow.) They deserve to be hanged. I was going to clock the guy out tonight, but I held back. I also pulled my knife out before on cheaters. Everyone has to follow the rules. I see myself as The Enforcer. No one understands. I try too hard for the cheaters to just end up winning."

Basically after that I went home, told him it was not going to work out, but he said to give him another chance. I told him it was only 3 day of us being exclusive, and there are no more chances. He kept trying to contact me in all media forms. (FB etc.)

Anyway, I ended that, but how can I tell in the future about something like that? This legit came as a complete surprise to me...

tl;dr: New "boyfriend" of three days believed that people literally deserved to die if they 'cheat' at bowling. How to spot and avoid people like that in the future?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How these people (on both sides) manage to get in relationships continues to elude me.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [26 F] "boyfriend" [24 M] of 3 days became psychotic after losing a game of bowling

This happened about a week ago, but I am still shaken from the experience. We had about 4-5 dates total, together for 2 weeks, exclusive for 3 days.

I met this one guy on a dating app. He seemed find, a bit over eager to commit right away, but besides that no warning flags or anything. His family wanted to meet me right away too, even though I hold him I wanted to wait, but he said they made us dinner at home already...okay why not.

But on our last date, I saw him play with his bowling league team. He seemed fine in the beginning, he introduced me to literally everyone in the alley. (Which I personally did not like.)

Anyway, he lost, he got super mad - kept swearing, slamming things, throwing things, slammed the glass door on the way out. I basically asked him wtf is going on.
I wanted to walk out forever in the moment, but for some reason I did not, thought he would get calmer, but the more we talked, he said things like
"I hate people who cheat at bowling. (He thought they cheated somehow.) They deserve to be hanged. I was going to clock the guy out tonight, but I held back. I also pulled my knife out before on cheaters. Everyone has to follow the rules. I see myself as The Enforcer. No one understands. I try too hard for the cheaters to just end up winning."

Basically after that I went home, told him it was not going to work out, but he said to give him another chance. I told him it was only 3 day of us being exclusive, and there are no more chances. He kept trying to contact me in all media forms. (FB etc.)

Anyway, I ended that, but how can I tell in the future about something like that? This legit came as a complete surprise to me...

tl;dr: New "boyfriend" of three days believed that people literally deserved to die if they 'cheat' at bowling. How to spot and avoid people like that in the future?

whoa, hey walter

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Anony Mouse posted:

Things that didn't happen.txt

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

you're biased because you're a scared boy in a tall tower whose only glimpse of the world comes when others lie to you.

:prepop:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I think it's okay to hit people who hit you first, as a general rule of thumb.

Shut the gently caress up.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I [28F] just found out my BF [38M] 6 yrs has been cheating on me with my friends

quote:

My BF doesn't know I know yet. We met 6 years ago. We have been semi-long distance, due to school/work moving we are now 2 states away. He makes very good money in his career, and when I am done in school so will I. We talked about the future and agreed that we would be in the same city after I was done with school. I thought it was good.

An hour ago, an old friend of mine sent me a message over social media, saying she was terribly sorry, but for the past 3 years she has gone on vacations with my boyfriend. He would pay as long as she would not tell me. They often went to orgys, but only had sex once. She gave me dates and places. She had screenshots of flight tickets. She said she had pictures of orgys, but I don't know if I want to see this. She says that some of my other friends had similar arrangements with him.

Some of the dates were kinda messed up. For example, one year it was a big event. I remember that year it was on my birthday, but I couldn't go for other reasons. He forgot to wish me happy bday.
I'm in shock. I don't know what to do. I don't know why there is such an elaborate hiding game from me. I don't know if I believe her, but sometimes he was pretty tan.. She says she will answer more questions if I want, but I don't even know what... I'm numb.

He doesn't know I know. What do I say to him? What do I do?

tl;dr: BF of 6 years has been seeing other women behind my back. He does not know I know yet, how do I handle this? Any advice on how to process this, or deal with the fall out? How do I approach other 'friends' who may have been involved, do I bother to try?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I [25 f] don't know how long to wait for my boyfriend [23 m] to decide whether or not he wants to break up.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been having a lot of issues lately. I sent him a message about how I feel, and I asked him if he is wanting to break up... to which he replied "dunno gonna think about it"... So, I told him I'd give him space while he decides. So my question is... How long should I wait for a reply? Should I give him a certain date which to have an answer by?

quote:

Well, I sent him a message about my feelings stating that I was tired of him ignoring me when we were together and never wanting to do anything with me. His mom has even said he is an rear end in a top hat, and she wouldn't be mad if I dumped him because he is treating me so bad lately.

He said my biggest issues are:
    1.) Being a people pleaser
    2.) Breathing too heavy
    3.) My arm being too heavy on him at night
    4.) Being too nice
I understand what you're saying. He has been going back and forth for a couple weeks now... He is hesitant because his family likes me so much, and he really likes my personality and wants me to stay his best friend. Also, he doesn't even have any reasons to break up with me.. I don't think?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Oh my God just dump this dumb loser rear end in a top hat and move on. His reasons are bullshit and he is not entitled to two weeks' notice. Terminate his position, effective immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Those are the excuses of a dude with a side chick.