Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

nachos posted:

how about "game I regret buying the most"

mine's Agents of Mayhem at $45 what was I thinking :wtc:

Assassin's Creed III Deluxe Edition At Launch Directly From Uplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nachos posted:

marvel infinite

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Help Im Alive posted:

Will Wright probably could've made some more cool games if the internet didn't murder him after Spore idk

I don't hate the game as much as some people do but I certainly regret preordering it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i really hated black and white too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Of all time?

Probably SimCity 2013, followed by Star Wars Battlefront 2015

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

Hey what's the deal with this by the way? I'm not seeing anything about this on the toys r us website

It might be an in-store only sort of deal.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

nachos posted:

I preordered the Galactic Edition of Spore because I was confident it was gonna be the best game ever. Incidentally, that was when I learned to be far more wary of game trailers.

I'd also say I regret playing the whole Mass Effect series given the ending to it was a giant kick in the balls.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel bad for will wright and I hope he is doing okay and I hope he is able to one day do the things that he wants to do without worry.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

nachos posted:

mass effect andromeda when it was brand new

god i'm a moron

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

mass effect andromeda when it was brand new

god i'm a moron

:same:

To both statements

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wonder how many people are gonna buy Bioware's Destiny clone on launch.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Let my posting history show that I am exactly the type of person to make this mistake all over again.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Of all time?

Probably SimCity 2013, followed by Star Wars Battlefront 2015

Oh I meant 2017. If we're doing all time then my most shameful purchase is one of those $50 hearthstone card packs. gently caress me

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

gently caress i probably will

as mentioned, i'm a moron

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

Ill play the free beta and shitpost about it

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is that the second single by Milhouse's dad?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel bad for will wright and I hope he is doing okay and I hope he is able to one day do the things that he wants to do without worry.
Wright's been doing all sorts of weird experimental stuff since he left Maxis, like a TV show where the internet voted on plotlines and stuff, and a social media app where people told stories using their phone camera and comic-book style tools. None of them were especially long-lived.

He was also on the board at Linden Labs (Second Life) for a while. No idea what he's up to now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, people are impressed with Skyrim on the Switch, and people in the PS4 thread are saying that Skyrim VR is impressive...

Is Bethesda really getting a second (third? fourth?) wind from their six-year-old game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man, people are impressed with Skyrim on the Switch, and people in the PS4 thread are saying that Skyrim VR is impressive...

Is Bethesda really getting a second (third? fourth?) wind from their six-year-old game

No its that all people are trained consumers and buy and profess to like nearly anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also people loved Skyrim, it's not surprising that people still like it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Out in the real world Skyrim is a super popular game that has sold many millions of copies so it shouldn't be surprising that people like it unless you get all your opinions from SA.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The first 20 hours or so were amazeballs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

skyrim VR makes a lot of sense, and if it ever comes out on PC I will probably buy it despite kinda hating skyrim

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Out in the real world Skyrim is a super popular game that has sold many millions of copies so it shouldn't be surprising that people like it unless you get all your opinions from SA.

see also: pubg

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pictured: SimBowser's horrible dad bod. He's got a beautiful evil girlfriend (not shown here) and no money in the bank. He needs something to do but he already sculpts and performs as a magician and I'm terrified to make him work out, please help

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

skyrim VR makes a lot of sense, and if it ever comes out on PC I will probably buy it despite kinda hating skyrim

If its Skyrim 1:1 in VR thats honestly pretty amazing. I dont really like playing Skyrim but I cant even imagiine how much your imagination must be running wild if youre a young kid who got to play a game like SKyrim in an at-home VR set

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Real hurthling! posted:

Ill play the free beta and shitpost about it

Yo!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

nachos posted:

Doom 3, pre order, but hey that little baron of he'll figure it came with was cool

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

In Training posted:

If its Skyrim 1:1 in VR thats honestly pretty amazing. I dont really like playing Skyrim but I cant even imagiine how much your imagination must be running wild if youre a young kid who got to play a game like SKyrim in an at-home VR set

It’s the entire game, with motion controls added. It’s really something else and way beyond just replaying it with more effects or on a Switch.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

I can only imagine how deep the p2w microtransactions will be in that game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

haveblue posted:

It’s the entire game, with motion controls added. It’s really something else and way beyond just replaying it with more effects or on a Switch.

Its incredible that they got that game running at 120FPS then considering theyve never seemed to give a poo poo about performance on console before

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

homeless snail posted:

It's a timed PS4 exclusive, a Vive version will be coming to Steam at some vague point. There's also a Vive version of Fallout 4 coming out next month, not sure how that'll turn out...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

nachos posted:

I bought The Third Birthday the day it came out.

Hooray, a new Parasite Eve game!

Also Other M when it came out. Glad the Wii was a cool system because I bought one for it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also the Best Friends did a video on this kickstarter game and I'm tempted to back it just because it's like a weird puzzle game RPG using the attache case from RE4 as the gameboard and has chill music and sprites.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/764339878/jack-and-casie

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the $60-80 thing is based on the premise of inflation but ignores the many other things in our lives that have rocketed far past expected inflation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

Also the Best Friends did a video on this kickstarter game and I'm tempted to back it just because it's like a weird puzzle game RPG using the attache case from RE4 as the gameboard and has chill music and sprites.

Yeah it looks great

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Phantasium posted:

Looks neatbut im not usually brilliant at puzzle games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

king burger king has a strict no bullying rule, in his kingdom

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Had there ever been a Tetris style puzzle game as brutally hard as Trash Panic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

king burger king has a strict no bullying rule, in his kingdom

See the violence inherent in the system

• Locked thread