Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

*college coach

gently caress the Schiano Bucs years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is reporting what we all knew I think but Jim Sterk went on the record saying Barry Odom is coming back next year.

Thank god for a lovely second half schedule I guess. (also for some actual real improvement to be fair)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/yahooforde/status/933067993063575558

Getting interesting.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
That's the opposite of interesting.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ReidLaymance/status/933118518190596096

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Noctone posted:

That's the opposite of interesting.

I dunno, I think UF threatening to move to their next choice after Saturday's games (when guys like Frost become available) is kind of interesting.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/maizenbrew/status/933067085915279361

Michigan gonna get Harbaugh some of that Weis money.

Ehud posted:

I dunno, I think UF threatening to move to their next choice after Saturday's games (when guys like Frost become available) is kind of interesting.

I deffo think they’re trying to force a decision out of Kelly so they can move on.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Where does Sumlin go, back to the mid-majors or could he get another P5 job?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

Schiano is an rear end in a top hat but he’s a really good coach

He's not an rear end in a top hat and he's a really bad coach. He's a good program builder, but he is such a horrific fit for there.

iospace posted:

Considering he made a program, somehow, out of Rutgers...

Schiano wasn't significantly better than the norm for Rutgers. He was a really great program builder and recruiter who is horrifically, comically bad at game management. He is a better coach than Dooley and Jones but definitely will be in the bottom half of the SEC.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

an adult beverage posted:

UCLA lands Sumlin with Kliff as OC, spontaneously bursts into flames taking USC and most of Los Angeles with it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Sumlin hasn't flamed out like McElwain and Muschamp. He has had at least 8 wins every year, so I could see bim getting picked up my some middling P5.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

Schiano is an rear end in a top hat but he’s a really good coach

he's a lovely in game decision maker, but he'd be fine for most p5 schools

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Isn't Schiano linked with the whole keeping your lips sealed at Penn State thing? gently caress him if so

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

swickles posted:

Sumlin hasn't flamed out like McElwain and Muschamp. He has had at least 8 wins every year, so I could see bim getting picked up my some middling P5.

That's about their ceiling, so I don't know who they think is going to be better.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

an adult beverage posted:

Read somewhere that he's ASU's top candidate if Graham gets the axe.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Randaconda posted:

That's about their ceiling, so I don't know who they think is going to be better.

Petrino I guess? Chad Morris can’t even win 8 games in the American.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Isn't Schiano linked with the whole keeping your lips sealed at Penn State thing? gently caress him if so

McQueary’s testimony regarding Schiano is something like “Schiano told me he saw Sandusky fondling a boy in the shower.” Schiano denies having witnessed or knowledge of the abuse.

So, gently caress Schiano.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Is that really a thing? Doesn't feel like it, but I keep seeing it pop in random places. It'd be hard to imagine him leaving Oregon after a year.

Or is it wishful thinking? Y'all not like him up there?

I like him, I'm just worried that Oregon used up all it's luck and good talent in their 2009-2014 consistent run and now only bad things will happen to them now.

Also lol at A&M for firing Sumlin.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/933151172948561920

quote:

Multiple sources tell FootballScoop UCLA’s contingent has met with Chip Kelly. We also are told in addition to Florida and UCLA, another program has contacted Kelly’s representatives to discuss possibilities should an opening occur at their University. Pat Dooley, who covers the Gators, added a note this afternoon stating Chip “has a decision to make” and that Florida is not moving on. We understand every university has impressed upon Chip that timing is of the essence (with regards to recruiting & the early signing period this year) and accordingly would expect things to move fairly quickly over the coming days. Will update as more is clear…

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Gotta love the feeling of an early carousel blunder-off.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This is so much fun. :allears:

I'm kinda sad that Grumours panned out to nothing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Houston Chronicle's Brent Zwerneman says A&M's #1 choice is Jimbo. lmao good loving luck with that, guys.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:emo: :smithicide: :suicide:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Houston Chronicle's Brent Zwerneman says A&M's #1 choice is Jimbo. lmao good loving luck with that, guys.

Lol isn’t his buyout like 40 million?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol isn’t his buyout like 40 million?

$39,312,500 as of the end of this season.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Charlie Strong, come on down!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
People have said Kelly wants complete control and maybe that's something UF won't accommodate :shrug:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is there a solid idea about what Ole Miss is going to do?

A&M please take Jimbo or at least look dumb trying cause in the (I'm still thinking unlikely) event Gus decides to bail for the lower-pressure environment of Arkansas I don't want him to be our target.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It’s gonna goddamned happen isn’t it?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

A&M please take Jimbo or at least look dumb trying cause in the (I'm still thinking unlikely) event Gus decides to bail for the lower-pressure environment of Arkansas I don't want him to be our target.

I would think highly unlikely? Y'all are two wins away from the playoff.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

People have said Kelly wants complete control and maybe that's something UF won't accommodate :shrug:

Wasn’t that a part of the rumors with Frost is that UF wanted him to retain existing staff? Kelly wanted full control with the Eagles, wouldn’t be a surprise if that was a sticking point to him.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

It’s gonna goddamned happen isn’t it?

Hopefully not.

Crotch Bat posted:

That seems like a really weird sticking point and one I would need to see proof of to actually believe.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Look, I know you’re one of the best offensive minds in the college game and we’ve been in the bottom 20% of offense for a decade now, but we simply can’t budge on this. Your staff must include at least 2 former saban assistants.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jim Mora to Florida who says no

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Noctone posted:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/16/16667542/gus-malzahn-arkansas-coaching-search-bret-bielema

There's more talk than I would like

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

So Fisher/A&M would have to pay ~$10 Million to get Jimbo?

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-noles/2016/12/19/14013468/jimbo-fisher-contract-salary-extension-fsu-florida-state

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Noctone posted:

Two wins from the playoff, but half the fanbase will be yelling for Malzahn to get fired if they don't make it.

Also, fun stat I heard today: Auburn and Ole Miss are the only two SEC teams with players on their roster who have a win over Bama. I can see a scenario where Gus wants to go a program that will celebrate him getting 8-9 wins a season and making a decent bowl.

Duckaerobics fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 22, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Benne posted:

Jim Mora to Florida who says no

most of north florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I mean I guess if Auburn fires Gus it makes sense but if he leaves voluntarily it kind of feels like career suicide.

• Locked thread