Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Dinosaurs aren't real and fossil records are fake. We are just another layer of Jusrrassic Park

Jurassic Parks all the way down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Dark Jurassic Park City.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

CharlestheHammer posted:

They also get their poo poo wrecked by 12 year old gymnasts.

Clearly the military solution should be to weaponize 12 year old gymnasts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grendels Dad posted:

Dark Jurassic Park City.

Hell, I'd watch it. Wanna see Riff Raff get in a knife fight with a velociraptor.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Rough Lobster posted:

Clearly the military solution should be to weaponize 12 year old gymnasts.

A little soon to be making a movie about Larry Nassar

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

precision posted:

Hell, I'd watch it. Wanna see Riff Raff get in a knife fight with a velociraptor.

It's kind of amazing to watch Rocky Horror picture Show, Flash Gordon and Dark City and realize that he's pretty much unchanged in all three, except for the hair in Rocky. Dude is eternal.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

precision posted:

Remember Shell Beach?

The one where the little girl gets killed by a lizard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNMZGSzB7EI

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Grendels Dad posted:

It's kind of amazing to watch Rocky Horror picture Show, Flash Gordon and Dark City and realize that he's pretty much unchanged in all three, except for the hair in Rocky. Dude is eternal.

I saw him on stage a couple of years back, and he still looks pretty much the same.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Davros1 posted:

Godzilla, however, is total science fact. Do not dispute me.

The story of Godzilla is based on scientific fact. On theories that have appeared in national magazines!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

GrandpaPants posted:

It's like Transformers but instead of robots they're dinosaurs!

...hmm.

They made this. It was called Dinosaucers. It's even sillier than you think.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJ5H_sgq0I

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDXmefzIgnY

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

This is so rad, so rad it makes Bad look sad. It's righteously prehistoric. Almost volcanic. This is the film that defines dinosaurs. The magnum opus of the entire genre. It's the cretaceous Citizen Kane

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

achillesforever6 posted:

One of the more disheartening things I've been told about from my friend who is a curator of vert paleontology is how dinosaurs of the massive size like sauropods could not be able to exist on present day earth due to O2 levels on earth being way lower today compared to the Mesozoic (also plant's were way more nutrient rich due to greenhouse environment of Earth back then)

It's one theory, but as far as I know the dominant theory at the moment is that sauropods (and other large dinosaurs) were able to support their body weight because they had a lot of hollow bones, bringing their weight down and making their respiratory system a lot more efficient. So a large dinosaur would probably be able to stand up today. But probably wouldn't be able to find an environment large enough to sustain a breeding population, which is already a problem (relatively) smaller animals like Elephants have in the modern world.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

A charming family comedy where Blue, Rexie, and a forgotten third Indominus hatchling who's imprinted on them as her parents all have to navigate the trials and tribulations of a mixed-species family in a human's world.

Jurassic Park was playing the other day and I had to go somewhere and ended up watching an hr of it instead. But that right there is why it works, it really is a charming movie with people that are interesting that fall into an unconventional but still very family like dynamic.

So my pitch would be Look Who's Coming to Dinner: The Turkey is not the only Bird at this Table

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, the T-rex encounter when he breaks out is great and all, but a fairly large chunk of the movie is spent immersing you in a really nice dino park environment with quirky and engaging characters, observing stampedes and whatnot. That helps lend more weight to when things hit the fan.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Making the indominus a mindless killer and also able to literally become invisible turned the movie into a simple slasher

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Jurassic Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2

Do raptors have eyebrows

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Calaveron posted:

Making the indominus a mindless killer and also able to literally become invisible turned the movie into a simple slasher

I sorta understand the idea of making a bigger and scarier dinosaur as a themepark attraction, but why on earth would you give something you expect people to spend large sums of money to see, the ability to turn invisible.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

I sorta understand the idea of making a bigger and scarier dinosaur as a themepark attraction, but why on earth would you give something you expect people to spend large sums of money to see, the ability to turn invisible.

So they can sell special goggles to see it and maximize profits

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

Yeah, it was the best part of the movie.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

Along with the special goggles Ingen was secretly making weapon dinos.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

InGen was breeding dumber but infinitely more sadistic velociraptors and funding astroturf campaigns to get them elected.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lobok posted:

InGen was breeding dumber but infinitely more sadistic velociraptors and funding astroturf campaigns to get them elected.

That explains the republican party

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I sorta understand the idea of making a bigger dinosaur as a themepark attraction

The funny part being that Indominus was smaller than 3's Spinosaurus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jurassic Park 6: Turns out all of humanity is in a dome, being observed by dinosaur scientists, Chris Pratt escapes and has to find more humans to survive in dinosaur world.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Skwirl posted:

As usual, I think it's a case of wanting to grab a specific trait from a creature and accidentally adding one that causes a lot of problems.

Byzantine posted:

The funny part being that Indominus was smaller than 3's Spinosaurus.
Well, it was just a surly teenager, not fully grown.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The US government has seized the dino island and turned it into a prison for the most dangerous criminals. Problem is, the President's plane has just crashed...

The one man who can save him? Ian Malcolm.

e: Wait poo poo they already sort of did the plane crash thing in 3.

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 26, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Syncopated posted:

e: Wait poo poo they already sort of did the plane crash thing in 3.

And they can't start re-using plots from previous Jurassic Park films, the audience would never accept anything so brazen and cheap!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

What's surprising is that they haven't attempted to create a "Jurassic Universe", expanding the story into different genres. Like a "Jurassic Survivor" found footage horror movie featuring a surviving young I. Rex slowly taking out the participants of a game show, half of whom are convinced it's some sort of gimmick for the show.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What's surprising is that they haven't attempted to create a "Jurassic Universe", expanding the story into different genres. Like a "Jurassic Survivor" found footage horror movie featuring a surviving young I. Rex slowly taking out the participants of a game show, half of whom are convinced it's some sort of gimmick for the show.

It's still very much Speilberg's baby, nothing gets made without his say so. I'm sure that the studios would be overjoyed to expand it into TV shows and spinoff movies but Speilberg still sees it as a big blockbuster film series.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I would watch a found footage dinosaur horror movie. Hell more dinosaur movies in general. There's one ff movie that I can think of and it isn't on streaming and I'm sure as hell not paying going to spend real money on it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Just make TRESPASSER a movie. Woman crashes on Isla Sorna from the second movie, has to survive on the island all alone.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Peanut President posted:

Just make TRESPASSER a movie. Woman crashes on Isla Sorna from the second movie, has to survive on the island all alone.
First Person Boob-o-Vision.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A Buttery Pastry posted:

First Person Boob-o-Vision.

Shoot it like Hardcore Henry but with dinosaurs and boobs.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

A series of high profile roberies are executed by velociraptors on dirt bikes.the only ones who can stop them is the rock and jason statham.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ChainsawCharlie posted:

A series of high profile roberies are executed by velociraptors dressed as dead presidents. the only ones who can stop them is keanu and nick nolte

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Len posted:

I would watch a found footage dinosaur horror movie. Hell more dinosaur movies in general. There's one ff movie that I can think of and it isn't on streaming and I'm sure as hell not paying going to spend real money on it.

Area 407 is amazing, and The Dinosaur Project is very solid (though more of an adventure movie than straight horror).

Extinction (AKA Jurassic Predators) is the bad one.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

ChainsawCharlie posted:

A series of high profile roberies are executed by velociraptors on dirt bikes.the only ones who can stop them is the rock and jason statham.

ChainsawCharlie posted:

A series of high profile roberies are executed by velociraptors on dirt bikes.the only ones who can stop them is keanu and nick nolte.

Go big or go home. Slater and Hawk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yviIgIDxlwc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I haven't seen the Area 407 sequel, that reminds me.

• Locked thread