Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Craig K posted:

quarterbacks averaging 500 yards passing per game intrigues me on a primal level so i hope the next razorbacks coach does that

It's stunning how hard that is.

For reference, the UF record is 464 with Tebow vs Cincinnati in the 2010 Sugar Bowl.

Prior to that, Sexy Rexy threw for 430-something once in 2001.

And Wuerrfel threw for 425 once.

It's loving nuts to throw for that much yardage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Stop calling it tenny jfc

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Real Name Grover posted:

Not if Beau Bridges takes the job first

Super Dave Osborne doesn't really look or sound like Bo Pelini, but I feel like he could capture the essence of the man.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

Stop calling it tenny jfc

The appropriate term is Tennsgendered

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

Lmao

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

General Dog posted:

Hang on ...

... It checks out.

Edit: that's pretty drat nasty of me. Oh well, he beat UF last time he played them so this is what he gets.

LeeMajors posted:

Um, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is no laughing matter, broham

Did he have FAS? I thought those poor fellows looked more like Sheldon what's-his-name from Duke.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 26, 2017

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Hang on ...

... It checks out.

Um, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is no laughing matter, broham

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

Hang on ...

... It checks out.

Edit: that's pretty drat nasty of me. Oh well, he beat UF last time he played them so this is what he gets.

Did he have FAS? I thought those poor fellows looked more like Sheldon what's-his-name from Duke.

Note: Josh Dobbs died on the way back to his home Planet

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Not new coaching news, but a (presumably) legitimately good UCLA will be pretty fun to add to the mix in the Pac-12

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder who the Cougs could even get if Leach fucks off to Tennessee

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Benne posted:

I just wonder what Leach would even do with an endless supply of square running backs.

Also, the Clausens aren't producing anymore QBs. Did the Colquitts stop loving too?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Benne posted:

Seems like they’d just promote Grinch

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Did the Colquitts stop loving too?

Surely there's a new batch coming soon, but they'll take a while to get to college.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The thing about Leach is that he'll constantly have you in the 7-9 win range, and a great year would be at 10 and in the chase for a division title, maybe winning it if all the cards fell right.

But he's never going to get you that 11-12 win season and that's what the Vols are looking for. Plus we've all stated that Leach doesn't do the gladhanding bullshit that would be necessary for a Tennessee coach or any coach at a major program.

My guess is that Leach is trying to solidify power at Wazzu by threatening to jump to another job, and in the end Wazzu will give him a big contract and make it so that whoever the new AD is doesn't have the ammo to fire Leach pending him loving up royally again. He's betting that Wazzu isn't going to call his bluff because who are they gonna get that's the same or better, and I'm betting that Leach wins his gambit.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
He’s already had an 11-win season bruh.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/reedcarringer/status/934616673692405760

Vols Twitter : coaching search :: Louise Mensch : Russia

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I still remain #HornyForPetersen

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Would be very happy with Mullen or Petersen.

Please don’t let it be Schiano.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Would be very happy with Mullen or Petersen.

Please don’t let it be Schiano.

Probably Mullen who I am decidedly less horny for

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Petersen isn't going anywhere

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Chip Kelly is going to be scary at UCLA

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Glad to see Vols fans have moved on to Gruden to Peterson—this should end well.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Mullen is already paid about $5 million a year. Would he really leave Starkville and its job security for a slightly less difficult shot at a championship?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sent from my iPad posted:

Not one Vols fan here has stated he will definitely be the next coach, but he is on the top of the wish list. I don’t expect to land him.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sent from my iPad posted:

Ive always been #HornyForPetersen. However, I also understand that being a Vol fan has been mad lovely for a decade and I see no reason for that to end.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He's not likely to go anywhere, but I wanted to take this opportunity to reiterate that Gary Patterson is a fat, whiny bitch, and he's by far my least favorite good coach.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Komet posted:

Chip Kelly is going to be scary at UCLA

Unless it's like a situation where he doesn't give a gently caress about football anymore or something I just don't see how it goes wrong.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Nevermind, I totally forgot Kelly was only at Oregon for 4 years.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 26, 2017

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LLCoolJD posted:

Mullen is already paid about $5 million a year. Would he really leave Starkville and its job security for a slightly less difficult shot at a championship?

I think he has hit his ceiling at Miss State, and there is a chance he goes some place that's easier to recruit to see if he can at least get to the sec championship.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Duckaerobics posted:

I think he has hit his ceiling at Miss State, and there is a chance he goes some place that's easier to recruit to see if he can at least get to the sec championship.
Especially in the East -- there's exactly one team I'm confident will contend in each of the next two or three years and like four that absolutely won't.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here's some fun facts for you:

2 out of the 3 post-Alvarez coaches are out of jobs :laffo:

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Lot of East Coasters around here not noticing that you can be a mediocre coach in the Pac 12 and if you win 6 or 7 games per season be kept nearly indefinitely. The only two coaches in the Pac-12 to be fired at the end a season in the 2000's for 6 wins or more are Neuheisel and Erickson (Mora technically didn't win the 6th game).

So it's 100% true that Wazzu is not as prestigious as Tennessee, but Wazzu probably isn't going to fire Leach unless he shits the bed.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chump Farts posted:

the lane train is 9-3, so who wants him?

I hope Lane Kiffin continues this cycle of promotions/demotions/firings between coordinator and head coaching jobs for the next thirty years so peoples minds can slowly melt as they're forced to deal with the Lane.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I want Nebraska to hire Lane just because the satellite imagery of 2 million heads exploding at once would be amazing.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

iospace posted:

Wisconsin hasn’t had any post-Alvarez coaches.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

Give it another year or two and Chryst will get sick of Alvarez's poo poo as well

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://twitter.com/reedcarringer/status/934616673692405760

Vols Twitter : coaching search :: Louise Mensch : Russia

Hopefully this is true. I’d imagine Currie wants someone in play to try to salvage and build a recruiting class. Isn’t the three week contact period then no contact period coming up soon?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

got any sevens posted:

Husky fan actually, but i bear the cougs no ill will

:thunk:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Rick posted:

Unless it's like a situation where he doesn't give a gently caress about football anymore or something I just don't see how it goes wrong.
It's either going to end in national titles or another show-cause.

He even gets to do it all out of the spotlight, what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

It's either going to end in national titles or another show-cause.

He even gets to do it all out of the spotlight, what the gently caress.

I mean Oregon has what, top 5 facilities in the nation due to Phil Knight's cash and Chip was still cheating enough to get show caused. I don't think it's a total slam dunk that he's going to dominate for years at UCLA.

Still clearly worth the risk and they won the coaching lottery this year.

• Locked thread