Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Oh goddammit it really is going to be Schiano. Oh no no no no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/934864133136224257

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Oh goddammit it really is going to be Schiano. Oh no no no no

Vol fans aren't gonna let this happen without a fight:

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/934852966842060800

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Watching games and seeing all the extremely awful coaching decisions made every game has been hilarious to me and I'm going to miss that. But to be fair, ASU had some wins this season (and really every season) that they shouldn't have based on their talent, which is generally one of those things that seem to most commonly be attributable to coaching, and Graham seemed less stubborn this season, less committed to chasing a bad mistake with another mistake. He's recruited well, getting the best talent in the state consistently. If the fans have come around to wanting him to stay I figure that is enough to roll him forward a year. And the people pointing out the ridiculous and unreasonable standards that the ASU program has are completely correct.

got any sevens posted:

Yeah wtf, they're going bowling but fired their coach. Morons, asu isnt exactly bama, do they really expect to be in natty contention? Lol
Maybe they have some newly rich bigshot booster

I don't know if it's newly rich bigshot boosters, but the stories were that the boosters REALLY wanted to Graham fired last season (with the AD on board), but didn't want to pay for it due to just dropping a lot of money on the stadium.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Vol fans aren't gonna let this happen without a fight:

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/934852966842060800

this is the first good opinion that he's ever had

Did Chad Morris play at A&M? I was under the impression that he just graduated from there and became an HS coach down the line

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Surprised Joe Moorhead's name hasnt come up by now. I'll keep him another year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm so glad I saved this in my bookmarks, from the dearly departed forums user nrr. Enjoy, Tennessee fans.

https://soundcloud.com/user237822301/schianhole

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Holy poo poo Tennessee, lmao

One of my coworkers is a UT grad and has been keeping me in the loop on all the #GRUMORS. I don't think he personally believed them, but I can't even imagine how close to suicide the typical Vols message board poster is.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rick posted:

Watching games and seeing all the extremely awful coaching decisions made every game has been hilarious to me and I'm going to miss that. But to be fair, ASU had some wins this season (and really every season) that they shouldn't have based on their talent, which is generally one of those things that seem to most commonly be attributable to coaching, and Graham seemed less stubborn this season, less committed to chasing a bad mistake with another mistake. He's recruited well, getting the best talent in the state consistently. If the fans have come around to wanting him to stay I figure that is enough to roll him forward a year. And the people pointing out the ridiculous and unreasonable standards that the ASU program has are completely correct.

I don't know if it's newly rich bigshot boosters, but the stories were that the boosters REALLY wanted to Graham fired last season (with the AD on board), but didn't want to pay for it due to just dropping a lot of money on the stadium.

I think a lot of Graham's recent success was tied to having Norvell with him. Norvell leaving was a huge blow.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

curried lamb of God posted:

this is the first good opinion that he's ever had

lmao at the CHUDs in his mentions calling it hearsay though.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
The search continues for the next coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks.

After careful consideration by the Board of Trustees and our largest donors, we were forced to say no to Nick Saban due to the fact that he is unable to beat Auburn.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

The search continues for the next coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks.

After careful consideration by the Board of Trustees and our largest donors, we were forced to say no to Nick Saban due to the fact that he is unable to beat Auburn.

They're gonna hire Petrino again and let him control the entire state.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Neil Armbong posted:

Because Rutgers is that bad that having a season like he had there makes you a miracle worker.
Winning records 7 of his last 8 seasons at Rutgers. That is crazy.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
If Tennessee actually does this it'll cap off a really fun and good weekend.

Watching the vols implode over the course of many years has been surprisingly satisfying.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

DJExile posted:

I think a lot of Graham's recent success was tied to having Norvell with him. Norvell leaving was a huge blow.

they fixed it though? i had zero faith in napier and they averaged 32 PPG this year

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm just glad Schiano shuts up the Petersen talk, he's ours dammit

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Weird I thought the Vols were magically hiring Chris Petersen.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

quote:

Florida is finalizing a deal to make Dan Mullen its next head coach, a source told ESPN's Chris Low.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21572374/florida-gators-finalizing-deal-make-mississippi-state-dan-mullen-coach

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sent from my iPad posted:

Weird I thought the Vols were magically hiring Chris Petersen.

Literally no one said this.

At best it was a Id rather have Petersen than Gruden with comments tossed in about about how theres been talks in the past.

Except the #HornyforPetersen guy which I dont know where that came from.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lol if Tennessee ends up with Schiano and Florida gets Mullen. What a loving catastrophe.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Joey Freshwater posted:

Literally no one said this.

At best it was a Id rather have Petersen than Gruden with comments tossed in about about how theres been talks in the past.

Except the #HornyforPetersen guy which I dont know where that came from.

I read a rumor and latched on because hes a top 5 coach in the country.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the hilarious thing is Bobby Petrino is an amazing coach but now he's toxic as hell

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Lol if Tennessee ends up with Schiano and Florida gets Mullen. What a loving catastrophe.

I just cant wrap my head around all of Curries posturing about has to be a high character guy and all that. What Schiano did at Rutgers was amazing. He was garbage in the NFL but thats how it usually happens with the college to NFL transition. Ill give him all of that. Its the Sandusky stuff and how big of a shithead he was in the NFL. Hes the antithesis of everything Currie said he wanted in a coach in regard to personality and character.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I guess the AD is like if the rednecks in Bama will vote for a pedophile the hillbillies here in Tennessee will have no problem with a pedophile enabler as a coach.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ahaha noted shithead Clay Travis posted Curries cell number

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apparently people are already bombarding him with emails and calls basically saying dont do it and giving the reason as the Penn State stuff so maybe hell listen

lol who am I kidding

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its hard to laugh at another team when mine is about to take a turn on the carousel but what in the gently caress is Tennessee's AD thinking?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Jesus Christ. I actually feel bad for Tennessee.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean poo poo while were at it lets go all in and get Briles as OC

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I think Mullen to Florida is a good hire

Also
https://mobile.twitter.com/rodger_s...841845946945537

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

LiquidFriend posted:

Jesus Christ. I actually feel bad for Tennessee.

Dont. Its a slippery slope.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

NickRoweFillea posted:

Ahaha noted shithead Clay Travis posted Curries cell number

Tennessee is making the right move if Clay Travis is angry

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/haynesworthiii/status/934875264319967232

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VolNation is working at a crawl currently but the top thread is "It's Schiano! Get a rope" and I'm just :allears:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Has there ever been a hire hated by the fanbase at the announcement? I don't ever recall backlash like this before. I wonder if it will be enough to rescind the offer. Vols fans online are talking about dropping all their gear in front of the ADs house.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
My mom called John Currie. His cell's turned off/disconnected.

:lol:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If Schiano isnt the guy Currie is gonna be so pissed at whoever leaked that

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

superbelch posted:

Dont. Its a slippery slope.
I draw a line eventually and the AD going rogue to hire a child rape apologist is where I think I'd draw it.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
https://twitter.com/nickfitz07/status/934870295755804674

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

an adult beverage posted:

Has there ever been a hire hated by the fanbase at the announcement? I don't ever recall backlash like this before. I wonder if it will be enough to rescind the offer. Vols fans online are talking about dropping all their gear in front of the ADs house.

What was the response to Mike Riley? It's a totally different thing since he's a consensus all-around good guy, but basically everyone thought it was a bad hire and a downgrade from Pelini on day 1, didn't they?

• Locked thread