Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah I am not going to do research for you to see if the cheat you are using is going to get you, specially, banned. Specially now that I am done with work for the day amd don't have to find ways to kill time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dameius posted:

Yeah I am not going to do research for you to see if the cheat you are using is going to get you, specially, banned. Specially now that I am done with work for the day amd don't have to find ways to kill time.

That's fine, I didn't even know the thing had "cheat" stuff in it. You specifically said people would be banned for using it and I couldn't find any evidence through a little bit of googling. If you don't want to backup your claims, we can move on.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I can 100% for a fact tell you that you won't get banned for thud. Now use it and get banned so we can all have a laugh.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Swilo posted:

I can 100% for a fact tell you that you won't get banned for thud. Now use it and get banned so we can all have a laugh.

Noted, I'll get right on it.

EDIT: This Russian site had a special undetectable version but now I'm banned, how do I sue Blizzard?

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 27, 2017

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The dude who made THud said it's detectable by Warden, Blizzard's anti-cheat. People in the past have been banned for it, but not as often or as systematically as botters. None of us have a crystal ball to tell you when, if ever, Blizzard is going to ban for it again.

In all likelihood your account's been flagged for a long time and stopping now won't change anything.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I can 100% confirm that my account is not flagged for THud.

Anyway no one cares to continue this so what's the cool builds for Witch Doctor now?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Anyway no one cares to continue this so what's the cool builds for Witch Doctor now?

Arachyr Firebats and Helltooth Gargantuans are topping the leaderboards, but they both blow to play.

IMO WD is pretty poorly designed in general.

Either you run a melee mage build on a class with crappy defensive options, or you have to rely on frustrating pet target selection.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

twice burned ice posted:

Arachyr Firebats and Helltooth Gargantuans are topping the leaderboards, but they both blow to play.

Either you run a melee mage build on a class with crappy defensive options, or you have to rely on frustrating pet target selection.

Blegh. I found a (strength) TnT and Staff of Chiroptera pre-70 so I guess I have some options. Never really played WD in Season, trying to break out of my Crusader/Wizard shell.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Witch Doctor is actually insanely fun because you've got several extremely distinct playstyles

1. Arachyr Firebats for melee mage AoE explosions
2. Helltooth Garg for pets
3. Jade Harvester for the most "active" or "hands-on" build, whatever you want to call it
4. Angry Chicken goodtimes

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

twice burned ice posted:

There should be a set designed around having as many mobs tagged with Locust Swarm as possible at the same time.
The set should also make Locust Swarm castable while in Chicken form.
Maybe each mob simultaneously tagged with Locust Swarm could increase the AOE of the Chicken form blast by 0.1m and damage by 50%...

Sprint around the map like a headless uh..., infect everything, gather them up and boom.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The greatest crime in this game is that you can't combine LoN with Manajuma, my 600%+ movespeed build is so much fun but only at lower difficulties.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Swilo posted:

The greatest crime in this game is that you can't combine LoN with Manajuma, my 600%+ movespeed build is so much fun but only at lower difficulties.

You can combine Manajuma with Firebats to run speed 60s, but after that you need the extra stacks of soul harvest for the defensive boost, and have to swap Sacred Harvester in.

I'm moving on from my WD this season after getting to GR70, but I cannot for the life of me get the 6th piece of Firebird's. I'm stuck shard farming with the chicken/firebats combo.

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 28, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

twice burned ice posted:

Yeah WD has always been an oddball shoehorned lovely patchwork-designed class (and personally speaking, most boring), although sometimes effective but generally low-ranking. Necro kind of does everything they set out to do with WD but just so much better and more fun to play.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I can’t play WD because a level 1 witch doctor is triggering as hell

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I can’t play WD because a level 1 witch doctor is triggering as hell

Show us on the voodoo doll where Jay Wilson touched you.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Xaris posted:

Yeah WD has always been an oddball shoehorned lovely patchwork-designed class (and personally speaking, most boring), although sometimes effective but generally low-ranking. Necro kind of does everything they set out to do with WD but just so much better and more fun to play.
The (male) WD has the indisputably better voice acting though. He's half a polite older dude and half BBRRRAP HGUUNNH OIIIIIIAAAA! as he tosses exploding toads and jars full of spiders at people.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/tsIys9X.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
hey man, i was busy looking up skills semi-afk while you power leveled me. :v:

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

What did the ground ever do to you??

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MMAgCh posted:

The (male) WD has the indisputably better voice acting though. He's half a polite older dude and half BBRRRAP HGUUNNH OIIIIIIAAAA! as he tosses exploding toads and jars full of spiders at people.
Eh yeah sure i'll give you that

that reminds me, worst part about playing WoL femonk right now is the HUNGGGHH HUNGHHH constipation sound+animation over and over and over

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

e: n/m

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 28, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I started playing D3 again and popped open the thread and bone krew gifs are the most recent posts lol, needs more fusion rifles and teabagging tbh

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

twice burned ice posted:

What did the ground ever do to you??

Tactical headbanging.
It's a barb thing, you wouldn't understand

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
WD should be built around Toad of Hugeness. You should be able to have 20 of them up at the same time and they need to work on champions and bosses.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
How many of you are playing Season HC? I'm about to start the bounty grind as I've leveled out at GR70 (P550) with drops. Running solo bounties is... tiring.
Beach#1140 is my ID if anyone is up for it, I can run T13 on my Cpt. America crusader.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 28, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

texaholic posted:

I started playing D3 again and popped open the thread and bone krew gifs are the most recent posts lol, needs more fusion rifles and teabagging tbh

I got your fix in the D2 thread fam

I should be on today ns on bone and pc if anyone wants to do ~things~

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Beach Bum posted:

How many of you are playing Season HC? I'm about to start the bounty grind as I've leveled out at GR70 (P550) with drops. Running solo bounties is... tiring.
Beach#1140 is my ID if anyone is up for it, I can run T13 on my Cpt. America crusader.

The Hardcore clan is small but I play almost every day for at least an hour, I’ll friend you, I’ve got a couple of bounty speedfarm toons so I’m sure we can grind out some bounties fast

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

What is the most fun build to play

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Call a wizard Lina, use disintegrate, and scream "dragon slave!" a lot.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Now that I'm progressing to mid-range rifts I'm popping my Akarats Prophet more often. I have a question I'd rather not figure out the hard way: Do I still retain the Armor buff after the Prophet heals me to full when I take fatal damage and the little cheat death cooldown icon pops up?

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

VodeAndreas posted:

Disintegrate has consistently felt satisfying and fun since the closed beta to me, if I'm playing Wizard I'm finding a way to fit it in.

Yeah it especially sucks because its closest competitor arcane torrent is one of the worst skills in the entire game for feedback, visual impact, and just generally having fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Firebird is fun because you get one-shot by normal white mobs while killing all elites in approximately half a second.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Beach Bum posted:

Now that I'm progressing to mid-range rifts I'm popping my Akarats Prophet more often. I have a question I'd rather not figure out the hard way: Do I still retain the Armor buff after the Prophet heals me to full when I take fatal damage and the little cheat death cooldown icon pops up?
You do, yes.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

bio347 posted:

You do, yes.

Thanks. I wasn't sure until today, I popped it and saw that the buff was still there. I must have missed it while getting the hell out of dodge the first couple times.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Last Night I ripped a HC Necro by trying to run a TXIII rift without gems, because I was sleepy.

Luckily my main barb and my always-every-season-no-matter-what crusader are safe from my idiot face and I got a PLvL from a goonbro in just two rifts so im all good.

What I'm saying is everyone play hardcore and dehumanize your face to the fear of death

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nah, non season softcore for life. I have deep love for my pixels and that would upset them.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Hardcore keeps me interested. If there's no fear of losing your hero it just becomes a soulless gear grind.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PathAsc posted:

Nah, non season softcore for life. I have deep love for my pixels and that would upset them.

Ew what? Non Season?!

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

As an enlightened goon, I play both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

YOU GODDAMN RIGHT