Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

and i thought mass child suicide couldn't be topped.

gently caress.

edit: update on last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

4S is only using Hackerman's lame nickname on the off chance it will get someone to call him "Force".

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

More like a heads dealer, amirite? :D :D :D :) :| :\ :(

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Archenteron posted:

Sato-San: So we would like a giant robot fight. You said you had conditions?
:yokotaro: Burning down the one bastion of peace in the world
Sato: Ok...
:yokotaro: Massacring its crazed inhabitants
Sato: Is this your child-murder thing again Yoko?
:yokotaro: No, the children escape safely.
Sato: And... then the giant robot fight?
:yokotaro: Sure, but the giant robot is piloted by someone who broke their iron-clad vow of pacifism in grief and rage at his loss.
Sato: That's dark, but anime's do that all the ti-
:yokotaro: And then the children die.
Sato: From the giant robo-
:yokotaro: Terror-induced suicide
Sato: :smith: Square-Enix's check cleared and you said you were picking up the bar tab tonight, gently caress it.
:yokotaro: Oh I didn't even get to what the pacifist does when he finds out
Sato: Please stop.

*Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.*

*faint voice offstage* "...also sells their heads. As a weapon!"
*anguished moaning*

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Dzhay posted:

4S is only using Hackerman's lame nickname on the off chance it will get someone to call him "Force".

Urgh, that's far too plausible. Are Scanner models all this insufferable? Considering what 21O (rip) said a while back about command deciding to increase production of the 9S model, maybe the destruction of YoRHa was for the best.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Since 9S seems to be an individual and not a "series" or "model" of androids, saying they're going to increase production of the 9S "model" probably means they noticed how much he crashes loving flight units everywhere he goes and assume they're going to need a bunch of extra bodies to restore his data into.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I love memory-wiped pascal so much

the joke is so, so good

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Archenteron posted:

*faint voice offstage* "...also sells their heads. As a weapon!"
*anguished moaning*

:yokotaro: Their souls are for sale. They're more prized by a random merchant than their own father figure.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

FeyerbrandX posted:

:yokotaro: Their souls are for sale. They're more prized by a random merchant than their own father figure.

I think it's more like 9S and A2 are just that good at negotiating. Do YOU want to potentially piss off the angry possibly-unhinged murder hobo, or the angry DEFINITELY-unhinged murder on-his-way-to-becoming-a-hobo android who can also force you to explode yourself with basically a thought?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So are the heads still alive? D:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

No. It's just a case of the weapon story actually tying more tightly than normal to the weapon itself. Still plenty depressing though! :v:

(I let Pascal keep the children's cores--I already had more money than I knew what to do with by this point.)

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
I... I have no words. Okay, I have a lot of words, but I can't seem to form them into a coherent sentence. I'm afraid that the only thing to sum up my feelings are the following smilies: :yokotaro: :wtc: :yokotaro: :wtf:

That was unnecessarily morbid. Drakenier! Automata!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I forgot to mention earlier: as someone who got the "fill up your pokedex to 95% (or whatever)" quest and immediately ignored the stupid thing, I can't wait so see if the result will be a Yoko Taro brand soul-crushing experience, or a Cavia-esque "eat poo poo completionists" gently caress you. Exciting times ahead!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I forgot to mention earlier: as someone who got the "fill up your pokedex to 95% (or whatever)" quest and immediately ignored the stupid thing, I can't wait so see if the result will be a Yoko Taro brand soul-crushing experience, or a Cavia-esque "eat poo poo completionists" gently caress you. Exciting times ahead!

Can it be both? I bet it's both. (I have no idea what it is, it just seems par for the course in this game now)

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

:gonk: I wiped Pascal's memories but I never saw the shop. That is both horrible and hilarious.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

exploded mummy posted:

look, life gave him lemons and he became an arms dealer

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooou! :argh:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooou! :argh:

No need to be all up in arms about it. After all two heads are better than one. Have a heart will you?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Annointed posted:

No need to be all up in arms about it. After all two heads are better than one. Have a heart will you?

Leg joke.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I bet you're just kicking yourself over that one.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

iospace posted:

When the English VAs were doing a playthrough, they found Pascal's shop.

They were not pleased (I'm not linking because there is obvious spoilers, and I don't have the effort to track it down right now anyway)

There really needs to be a clip of that reaction. The best/worst part is that when Kyle got to this point, Kira was happily chatting with his wife about the 2B costume she's wearing for the stream so Kyle was all :stare: and weakly tugging on Kira's sleeve to get her attention.

Dzhay posted:

The biggest shock here is that Force mentions people used to call 9S Nines. So 9S actually did had friends who called him by his dorky nickname.

Also, is 4S not infected here because 9S stopped his data sync? I remember that at the start of route C, a Scanner model calls 9S to complain how none of the Scanners could sync with the Bunker because of what 9S did.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

chiasaur11 posted:

I bet you're just kicking yourself over that one.

Bad puns are core to our very beings!

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016

amigolupus posted:

There really needs to be a clip of that reaction. The best/worst part is that when Kyle got to this point, Kira was happily chatting with his wife about the 2B costume she's wearing for the stream so Kyle was all :stare: and weakly tugging on Kira's sleeve to get her attention.

Found it.

Obviously potential spoilers, as this is a link to part of a full play-through done by Kyle McCarley and the other VAs; so don't watch too far.

Specifically, absolutely stop by 1:27:10 or you will be spoiled on something you don't want spoiled.

Fair warning. Will remove link if asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TszeUg671Qc&t=4965s

Weeble fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 28, 2017

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

amigolupus posted:

I know it was unintentional, but there's something so perfectly :yokotaro: about that situation in general with the dichotomy between squeeing over cosplay and the grim horror Kyle was experiencing.

That aside, it's probably one of the funniest drat things I've ever seen because of the incredible schadenfreude.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

ImpAtom posted:

Yoko Taro is my hero and I want to be him when I grow up.

are you going to post the other three parts of this weapon story?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I bought the cores and never sold them on.
:smith:

:yokotaro:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I bought the cores and never sold them on.
:smith:

:same:

Gotta keep that memorial with you at all times.

Charles_Kinbote
Sep 12, 2017
Which is why walking away is still the best option, ethically, but not mechanically. If you abandon Pascal, his unit data updates to the same stuff as Sartre: never seen again, and you end up finding his diary, full of ruminations over life and death.
It's implied that he kills himself, but you can't be sure. Beyond the Pascal shop, there is no way to get access to Machine Heads, and any quests that may require 100% upgraded weapons can't be completed without mind-wiping Pascal. So Tarou's giving you the usual "completionism is a bitch" fork.

Charles_Kinbote fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 28, 2017

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Ashsaber posted:

at this point you're drowning in cash anyway

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Ashsaber posted:

You're gonna carry that weight

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arkanumzilong posted:

You're gonna carry that weight

Weight of the world.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Lmao the shop selling body parts is the first time the very concept of something has repulsed me in a long time, but dawned if it's not a sign of artistic genius and craftsmanship. Are the heads a particularly strong weapon?

I do like that the game so invasive ly gets you to think that reset machines will just repeat the same mistakes over and over until this happens. A major consideration for whether or not a mercy killing is moral is the assumption that a reset beep book robot like pascal will try and fail at pacifism again and suffer even more for it. But here he is doing something completely unexpected. And....morally neutral I guess?

Oh, and people were asking why fear would make the children do a mass suicide. I think they made an immature but rational choice, like how suicide in zombie stories is portrayed all the time.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

The Dark Id posted:

So what’s the missing percentages? RNG, baby! Enemy that will only spawn at random points at specific times in the story with the RNG gods determining if rare spawns will occur such as say a EMP capable version of X enemy that looks literally identical to all the others or a 10% chance an Enhanced Model (red dude) version of an enemy will spawn at a specific place at a specific story event. This quest is straight up impossible to complete before hitting Ending C which might unlock some ways to make toying with the RNG slightly more manageable.

This is the part of the LP I have been dreading doing most because it’ll be just 3-4 hours of me dicking around listening to a podcast getting annoyed one specific version of one fucker doesn’t wanna show up so I can get an extra percentage or two.

I forgot to mention that I agree with this wholeheartedly. Anyone who's dreaming of seeing a beautiful lineup of 100%s in their Intel log, take it from one rabid completionist to another: DO NOT loving BOTHER. I got everything to 100% (though I skipped the DLC because honestly gently caress THAT GARBAGE) but it was one of the biggest rear end-pains I've experienced in ages. There were a pair in one spot that took me like 4-5 hours of dedicated reloading to get to spawn. I can earnestly say it was not remotely worth the time and effort.

Still got the screenshots of everything at 100% though. I'm going to keep them as a reminder to myself that one should have limits to their madness.

Charles_Kinbote
Sep 12, 2017
If you're doing the Golden Robots quest, it's possible for the game to glitch out such that you can never get 100% intel. You have to be careful with Gold Robots; the Golden Tank only spawns in the Desert, while the Giant Bipeds only spawn in the cities. Once you kill all three Golden stubbies, you'll never see them again, so you MUST be careful to wipe them out in the correct order, especially if you're trying to get multiple powerup part S early on.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Charles_Kinbote posted:

If you're doing the Golden Robots quest, it's possible for the game to glitch out such that you can never get 100% intel. You have to be careful with Gold Robots; the Golden Tank only spawns in the Desert, while the Giant Bipeds only spawn in the cities. Once you kill all three Golden stubbies, you'll never see them again, so you MUST be careful to wipe them out in the correct order, especially if you're trying to get multiple powerup part S early on.

Isnt it impossible to kill the last golden stubby until you get rid of the tank and goliath?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
This is what I came here for.

Charles_Kinbote
Sep 12, 2017

DeafNote posted:

Isnt it impossible to kill the last golden stubby until you get rid of the tank and goliath?

It's possible to get two power-up part S early on, by dying (tested) or save-loading (not tested) in the city. I'm not sure if that means you lose access to the Gold Tank if you do so.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
If you look closely, you can see the exact moment his heart breaks in two

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
It pales in comparison to the what the christ of the mind wiped Pascal selling machine cores (though I didn't really feel much about the other parts, since machines use modular parts and don't seem to have a taboo against their reuse) but 4S's utterly calm acceptance of his own imminent death is pretty sad anyways.

• Locked thread