Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Driving it in three days or whatever will be a lot cheaper in terms of time and consumables than spending a month riding his bike up there, plus bringing a rust-free car into a rusty-car zone makes economic sense. If he needs a car either way, buying in FL is more sensible than buying in CO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I JUST BOUGHT A PAIR OF STEEL TOE REDWING CONSTRUCTION BOOTS FOR THREE loving DOLLARS OUT THE loving DOOR

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Man that's really good. Red wings are quality boots from my experience.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

InitialDave posted:

Depends, how long does he have to register it after purchase?

And if it's kept on private land, does it matter if it isn't? Can he park up what he buys until he leaves?

I drove my car without plates for 3 months and never got pulled once. I think it's a 10 business day period if you have your bill of sale with you you should be golden. People buy cars across the country and drive themselves home all the time . Insurance might be another story.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DICK DICER posted:

I JUST BOUGHT A PAIR OF STEEL TOE REDWING CONSTRUCTION BOOTS FOR THREE loving DOLLARS OUT THE loving DOOR

Redwings are what bought for work and they're real nice. They hold up very well and they come with a warrenty. So a quality choice.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
That's a steal of a deal on some good boots. I used to work in red wing.

Regarding pedal clearance, I've taken enough newbies mountain biking to have seen the hilarious effects of not coming to this realization until its too late. Outside pedal down, inside pedal up, that's the way we like to fu... corner.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Congratulations on dick finally getting his red wings!!

Haven't gotten mine yet, but I have my uhhhh Brown wings.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

I see you've the spider egg discount.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

50 in Wisconsin this time of year feels so amazing. People are out in t shirts.

People are still riding their motorcycles around in the downtown and Fitchberg areas.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

DICK DICER posted:

Red Wing Boots with blown soles.

I can check around about getting those boots re-soled at the ShoeBox (Wisconsin) or in Red Wing (Minnesota) proper since members of the family are in the know.

The Shoe Box
1314 Canal St. (Hwy 14 Stoplight)
P.O. Box 505
Black Earth, WI 53515

Shoe Repair: 608-767-3488

~$70 for the pair
Will work with your gear via the mail.
Will square up when work is done via CC.
If you are interested in a Christmas gift of this sort, hit me up via PM.

PS: Trim your friggen thumb nail before that poo poo gets torn off.

extreme_accordion fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 30, 2017

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I want to ride eternal on Krome Avenue

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the offer, but aside from some edgewear theres some serious miles left on these guys

I also just domed myself hard enough to shake plaster and dead bugs off the cieling.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

verbal enema posted:

NVM it does still just doesn't animate on the awful app without clicking it

So back a few years, turning animated gifs on in the awful android app would drain the battery like nobody's business. On my Nexus 6p, Pixel 2 XL, and Galaxy Tab S3 it doesn't seem to do that. So if you have a modern phone you can probably turn on the animated gifs option.

I dunno about awful iOS app - I use my ipad pro pretty sparingly.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

extreme_accordion posted:

I can check around about getting those boots re-soled at the ShoeBox (Wisconsin) or in Red Wing (Minnesota) proper since members of the family are in the know.

The Shoe Box
1314 Canal St. (Hwy 14 Stoplight)
P.O. Box 505
Black Earth, WI 53515

Shoe Repair: 608-767-3488

~$70 for the pair
Will work with your gear via the mail.
Will square up when work is done via CC.
If you are interested in a Christmas gift of this sort, hit me up via PM.

PS: Trim your friggen thumb nail before that poo poo gets torn off.

For what it's worth, I live like a mile away from The Shoe Box so if I can help in any way, I'm happy to.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Preoptopus posted:

I drove my car without plates for 3 months and never got pulled once. I think it's a 10 business day period if you have your bill of sale with you you should be golden. People buy cars across the country and drive themselves home all the time . Insurance might be another story.

My ex had a bad experience doing that. When we were living in Florida she flew out to Missouri because we got a killer deal on a VR6 Jetta from a friend. She made it all the way to Georgia and got pulled over by a super pissed off state trooper. She almost got arrested and the car impounded but somehow got out of it with the bill of sale and title but the cop said never to do it again or bad things would happen. I think driving it that far depends on luck or maybe because she was super hot (little humblebrag ;) ).

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

shy boy from chess club posted:

Jetta...
she was super hot.

Story checks out.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

shy boy from chess club posted:

My ex had a bad experience doing that. When we were living in Florida she flew out to Missouri because we got a killer deal on a VR6 Jetta from a friend. She made it all the way to Georgia and got pulled over by a super pissed off state trooper. She almost got arrested and the car impounded but somehow got out of it with the bill of sale and title but the cop said never to do it again or bad things would happen. I think driving it that far depends on luck or maybe because she was super hot (little humblebrag ;) ).

I bought a car in Connecticut and had it shipped to Texas. I got pulled over on I-35 on my way to my parents to pick up the plates by a local town cop who didn't believe the temp plates were real, and that I had forged the insurance card. He thought that I had stolen it. He called the state troopers (who were super nice and just wanted to chat about the car) and kept me there for over half an hour even after I had given him the plate number and registration paperwork. He then decided that I was speeding and gave me a ticket for 7 over in a 70. There was an accident while I was pulled over about a mile down where a car lost control and slammed in to a barrier. He didn't even flinch and just kept working on getting a ticket written for me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The one single frivolous purchase aquired. The rest is being socked away.

But GODDAMN, NEW IN BOX AND PAID LESS THAN HALF RETAIL DUE TO A DUDE UNLOADING A BUY ONE GET ONE FREE SALE AT T MOBILE :swoon:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Pham Nuwen posted:

I want to ride eternal on Krome Avenue

Most of Krome already looks like Gas Town, anyway.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I have a set that are very similar to those, but with eyelets instead of the hooks for the ankles. They're branded as "worx" but they are made and sold by red wings. They've served me well for nearly a decade now, solid boots.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I bought a car in Connecticut and had it shipped to Texas. I got pulled over on I-35 on my way to my parents to pick up the plates by a local town cop who didn't believe the temp plates were real, and that I had forged the insurance card. He thought that I had stolen it. He called the state troopers (who were super nice and just wanted to chat about the car) and kept me there for over half an hour even after I had given him the plate number and registration paperwork. He then decided that I was speeding and gave me a ticket for 7 over in a 70. There was an accident while I was pulled over about a mile down where a car lost control and slammed in to a barrier. He didn't even flinch and just kept working on getting a ticket written for me.

Oh yea that reminds me of getting pulled over in my bus. I got a CT temp plate for it cause same ex gave it to me and she lived in SC at the time. We spent a week getting it running since it had been sitting in her driveway for 3 years sinking into the dirt so it looked pretty rough. In normal air cooled VW fashion some of the lights would go out and come back on if you tapped on them. I made it to Charlotte before I got pulled over for one of the tail lights being out and he couldn't see my paper temp taped in the back window. He tapped the light and it came back on and when he saw the CT tag he said "Oh my god you are driving this to Connecticut? Good luck!" And started laughing. I did in fact make it home, eventually. Took me 24 hours for a trip that normally took 16 cause there is normal driving time and VW bus driving time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

The one single frivolous purchase aquired. The rest is being socked away.

But GODDAMN, NEW IN BOX AND PAID LESS THAN HALF RETAIL DUE TO A DUDE UNLOADING A BUY ONE GET ONE FREE SALE AT T MOBILE :swoon:

I just got an S8 last week and it's a pretty great phone.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I hope you've got a nice beefy case on the way. I have an S8+ and it's gorgeous but definitely is not built for rough handling.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

FBS posted:

I hope you've got a nice beefy case on the way. I have an S8+ and it's gorgeous but definitely is not built for rough handling.

Already ordered an otterbox on amazon for a quarter retail, no loving clue who buys phone cases at full price but my god

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

FBS posted:

I hate that. My s5 is plasticy as gently caress, but so goddamn durable.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I no longer have hair on the entirety of my right hand

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
White gas owns

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

FBS posted:

I fuckin guess. 2 of my coworkers have S8s. One is on his second and the other is on his third.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

extreme_accordion posted:

People are still riding their motorcycles around in the downtown and Fitchberg areas.

how about thong cape guy

Brolander fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 1, 2017

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Just a word of warning, if you buy a car out of state and don't register it, then move to CO, they will charge you CO state and county sales tax, which will be 5 to 10% of the sale price. Then it costs about $100 to $300 to register depending on how old it is. When I moved to CO I learned this the hard way on an $11,000 car in an 8% county.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus Christ. If that's the case he's better off registering here then.

Also if it's registered in Florida he wouldn't have to worry about inspections which would be nice if he's traveling around for work. When it's time to renew, he can just do it online.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Transferring tags will be way cheaper, so getting a FL license and registering in FL may be the cheap route.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

LloydDobler posted:

Just a word of warning, if you buy a car out of state and don't register it, then move to CO, they will charge you CO state and county sales tax, which will be 5 to 10% of the sale price. Then it costs about $100 to $300 to register depending on how old it is. When I moved to CO I learned this the hard way on an $11,000 car in an 8% county.

This is a pro tip. I hate paying sales tax on used cars here at the DMV. Once you hit 10 years old I think its bottomed out, but still some percentage of cost?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Some of these facebook frames own

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You look like a granny somehow idk maybe I'm just real stoned

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm literally seeing a bearded Estelle Getty

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

LloydDobler posted:

washington state will do this too, if you owned the car for less than 6 months before moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Lol, sales tax on used purchases? Get hosed. It's like taxing people on the value of stuff they win in competitions, just grasping twattishness.

• Locked thread