Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Rhyno posted:

I still think it's time to update the Superman logo.

An opinion this wrong cannot go unchallenged!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightning Lord posted:

An opinion this wrong cannot go unchallenged!

They ditched the shorts and changed the S again, he can have a new logo.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Two things here: The Superman logo rules and look at that Batman logo. It stinks. That's the kind of thing we're going to get if they change it. We'll get the Man of Steel aesthetic.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

i'm fine with the idea of superman lifting silly amounts but 'IS THAT ALL YOU GOT [bitch]' seems like an unsuperman thing to say.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Neurosis posted:

i'm fine with the idea of superman lifting silly amounts but 'IS THAT ALL YOU GOT [bitch]' seems like an unsuperman thing to say.

Check out that writing credit it might help explain this

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Sentinel Red posted:

Stormwatch from when Ellis jumps on (I want to say it's from 'Change or Die' and on all the way to the grim finale in Wildcats v Aliens) is great, I actually enjoyed it more than The Authority. That said, some of it is referenced quite heavily in his Authority run so you'll know the score on a lot of things already.

thanks. will do. his authority run was one of the first things i ever read in comics (i think y the last man would've been the first thing, very very soon after the series began) and i've only reread it once since so the spoiler effect shouldn't be too bad.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wId8XY6y_HA
If that's Jason Todd next to Nightwing in the big hat at 33s, these people are geniuses.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finally, Jason is as dumb as he looks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Finally? Have you somehow missed every post DarkTittymouse has ever made?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

They really need to make this his canon costume

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Finally? Have you somehow missed every post DarkTittymouse has ever made?

Outside of costume, Jason is handsome.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

Superman was trying to find his limits so he could be ready for anything.

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wId8XY6y_HA
If that's Jason Todd next to Nightwing in the big hat at 33s, these people are geniuses.

Roth posted:

The basket helmet thing is called a kasa. They were most commonly worn by a group called the komuso, which were buddhist monks. Because of the politics of that era leading to really harsh travel restrictions, those monks were some of the few able to travel freely, so ninja and ronin would dress up as those monks to circumvent the law.

So Jason dressing like that implies he's an assassin or a fallen hero that's hiding his identity and acting as a vigilante.

:flashfact:

And here's the poster

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah it's actually a real good pull for his design

Still extremely goofy though

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Finally Jason looks as stupid as his character is.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Why is Gorrilia Grodd there

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Why is Gorrilia Grodd there

Is the Sengoku Era with Batman characters, Joker is Oda Nobunaga, Grodd is Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Because he was nicknamed "Monkey" by Nobunaga) and Deathstroke is Masamune Date

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is the Sengoku Era with Batman characters, Joker is Oda Nobunaga, Grodd is Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Because he was nicknamed "Monkey" by Nobunaga) and Deathstroke is Masamune Date

I think the point is that Grodd is not a Batman character. He's a Flash character.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I think the point is that Grodd is not a Batman character. He's a Flash character.

Because Batman doesn't have a monkey character that fits for the Hideyoshi role.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Rhyno posted:

Or new shorts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I get why people thought the red underwear looked stupid, but honestly, the costume looks worse without it and they should have realized that by now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm still mad he does have the yellow s-shield on his cape in the movie.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

I get why people thought the red underwear looked stupid, but honestly, the costume looks worse without it and they should have realized that by now.

i disagree.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Neurosis posted:

i disagree.

Welcome to the town of I'm Wrong, population you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I still like the red trunks or at the least a red belt with a tiny S shield for a buckle

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Correction i want superman to have a one sided man thong

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr Hootington posted:

I still like the red trunks or at the least a red belt with a tiny S shield for a buckle

He needs something to break up all that blue. It's especially bad with the movie costume, because the colors are so drab and it has the same texture across the suit, symbol, and boots.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Guy Goodbody posted:

He needs something to break up all that blue. It's especially bad with the movie costume, because the colors are so drab and it has the same texture across the suit, symbol, and boots.
Ironically, the MoS suit really emphasizes his super-package since it's the only bit that breaks up the legs.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Put the S logo on his crotch. It can still stand for hope.

Also
https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/937025220803571712

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wonder what the colors mean

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

I think the snowflake is a warning that there's social justice content in the book :pram:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Lord posted:

I think the snowflake is a warning that there's social justice content in the book :pram:

Is that a snowflake? I thought it was an Arc Reactor

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is that a snowflake? I thought it was an Arc Reactor

Looks like a snowflake made of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman logos. Might indicate holiday stories. Or it's not supppsed to be a snowflake and might be a new Trinity logo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
That's the logo on the holiday special yeah

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

That's the logo on the holiday special yeah

Yup

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

I've been reading Manhunter, the one with Kate Spencer and this book is basically perfect for Bendis. Spencer is in Green Arrow as a DA or prosecutor, he can bring her back as a superhero. It's got everything he likes - noirish sensibilities, D-level superheroes and villains, a foul-mouthed brunette woman who smokes... plus she was created by one of his buddies, Marc Andreyko. Also Cameron Chase is in it, another character that fits his sensibilities.

Plus he can also use Mark Shaw, who I believe has only appeared once in the New 52/Rebirth. He's a three for one character! Paul Kirk is back too, and he's also a lot of characters, or leads to many at least. It's a great time to Manhunt at DC! Now all we need is that Chase Lawler revival I've always wanted.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 3, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
As much as I disliked Geoff Johns' first few New 52 Justice League TPBs, I'm such a sucker for villain face turns that I read Forever Evil over the last two days, and I really enjoyed it. My favorite part was when the Rogues refused the Crime Syndicate's order to lay waste to Central City because there were schools and hospitals, and the city hadn't been evacuated. Go Rogues!

Even though Luthor was the narrator and point of view character, I loved that Captain Cold joined the resistance against the Crime Syndicate as the "everyman," standing alongside Luthor, Bizarro (aka "B-Zero," a very Johns-ian touch), Black Adam, Black Manta, Sinestro, and Deathstroke, and eventually Catwoman and Batman.

Now I need to check out the later Justice League with Cold and Luthor as members, and the Luthor-centric Rebirth run of Action Comics.

As for Bendis, I'm still rooting for him to write a Daily Planet book focusing on Clark, Lois, and Jimmy, as a Bendis-eye view of Metropolis the entire DCU -- kind of like Rucka and Brubaker's Gotham Central, but with journalists instead of cops. Hell, Bendis leaving Marvel for DC is the biggest instance since Kirby did the same, and what was Kirby's first DC book? Jimmy Olsen. It would be cool if Bendis got a Jimmy Olsen book to follow that tradition, and used it as a big, overarching look at the DCU from the point of view of the media.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DocShaner/status/936610938471493632
Yesssss.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WTF Just have him draw it from the start he's way better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well if they give him a three issue head start then he might be able to actually do two or three whole issues before needing a fill in .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

WTF Just have him draw it from the start he's way better.

https://twitter.com/DocShaner/status/936612698720231424