Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Skwirl posted:

Does anyone know the language enough to tell if there's context to why a stage magician is a vital part of their plan to blow up an asteroid?

Something to do with the space station being controlled by people who aren't big fans of India so he has to con his way into firing the nuclear missiles it has at the asteroid, at least according to one speculation I read.

Also India went to space several times in the 50s and 60s but those were more goofy space adventures. Here famed wrestler turned actor Dara Singh battles a moon robot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

There is at least going to be a spiritual successor to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis next year done by the Planet Coaster people which I never expected and am unreasonably excited for because Jurassic Park Zoo Sims are one of my favorite niche subgenres on games.

Wake me up when the Dino Crisis movie comes out

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

achillesforever6 posted:

There is at least going to be a spiritual successor to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis next year done by the Planet Coaster people which I never expected and am unreasonably excited for because Jurassic Park Zoo Sims are one of my favorite niche subgenres on games.

Planet Coaster with actual gameplay sounds like a great time.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I hope in front of Frozen 2 there is a twenty minute short with dinosaurs in New York City where the main human villain gets eaten by a murder of crows in the end, just to tramatize a new generation of kids

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Daphne And Velma are getting their own live-action DTV Scooby-Doo origin movie

quote:

The pic stars Sarah Jeffrey (Shades of Blue) as the scarf-sporting redhead Daphne Blake and Sarah Gilman (Last Man Standing) as the freckled and bespectacled Velma Dinkley. Hailing from Ashley Tisdale and Jennifer Tisdale’s Blondie Girl Productions, Daphne and Velma will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment next year.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/daphne-...irl-1202215320/

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Seems like they want to cheap out on a CGI dog to me. I haven't seen any of the live action DTV ones, are they bad?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm down for that. It's not the period piece adaptation of my dreams, but it sounds like it's using the terrific Mystery, Inc. as its basis, and is certainly better than the robot Scooby-Doo concept that's being developed by the Space Jam folks and Dax Shepard.

e: Oh thank god, that thing's been pushed back - I thought it was already in production. And I might have been misremembering the robot part? There's still hope!

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 28, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

an upcoming Hanna-Barbera shared cinematic universe (starting with a Scooby Doo reboot)

Tars Tarkas posted:

IT BEGINS

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Tars Tarkas posted:

Why the gently caress isn't Ashley Tisdale in this? She's funny as hell, but she's just the producer?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Seems like they want to cheap out on a CGI dog to me. I haven't seen any of the live action DTV ones, are they bad?

The first one's dumb fun, the second one is very mediocre and hilariously dated (the ending features the first American Idol winner singing at a party).

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Remulak posted:

Why the gently caress isn't Ashley Tisdale in this? She's funny as hell, but she's just the producer?

Especially since she'd make a terrific Daphne.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
anna kendrick would make the perfect daphne

rachel bloom for velma

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Mystery, Inc. is a gang of teens.

e: Just looked up Tisdale and apparently she is also in her 30s. Who knew!

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 28, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maybe the world is ready for a 30 year old Mystery, Inc.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

precision posted:

rachel bloom for velma

:sweatdrop:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

precision posted:

rachel bloom for velma
:w00t:

Remulak fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 29, 2017

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

feedmyleg posted:

Mystery, Inc. is a gang of teens.

e: Just looked up Tisdale and apparently she is also in her 30s. Who knew!

She went to my high school 😑

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The DTV animated Scooby-Doo movies have been various kinds of entertainingly deranged. Somehow, the WWE ones work basically perfectly with complete ridiculous cheese. John Cena works surprisingly well as an addition to the gang. (though so did Johnny Bravo) Also kinda cute that Shaggy and Scooby are huge fans of the Undertaker.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Scooby and Shaggy must hate Roman Reigns like everyone else.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I liked RR when his only role was being the perpetually bemused heartthrob of The Shield. Shame they made him a lead instead.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Neurolimal posted:

I liked RR when his only role was being the perpetually bemused heartthrob of The Shield. Shame they made him a lead instead.

???????????????????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7r9S8HN6o

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

You dont remember? After every instance where Vic Mackey allowed someone to get brutally injured a greasy long haired man in all black would materialize behind him in the shot, giving him a smug nod before disappearing in the next shot.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

.... which is almost exactly 2 years away!

6 whole years will have passed from the original Frozen's release to when Frozen 2 hits cinemas so yeah, they're gonna want to do some maintenance work on that zeitgeist in the meantime

Its xmas guys,theres a million metric tons of frozen merchandise to sell to kids.frozen dwarfs Cars merchandise even in its heyday which is just mindboggling.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Might be that Frozen has more or less a solid monopoly over girls while a zillion other franchises are competing for boys?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It took like a decade for Shrek to become some weird postmodern ironic internet meme while Frozen got it in like a year, kids today are loving awesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hmmmmm

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-halts-production-bohemian-rhapsody-due-director-bryan-singers-unexpected-unavailability/

quote:

Fox has suspended production on Bryan Singer’s Freddie Mercury biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody,” due to the director’s “unexpected unavailability.”

“Twentieth Century Fox Film has temporarily halted production on Bohemian Rhapsody due to the unexpected unavailability of Bryan Singer,” a Twentieth Century Fox Film spokesperson told TheWrap in a statement.

A representative for Singer told the BBC the absence was due to “a personal health matter concerning Bryan and his family,” which was confirmed by an individual with knowledge of the situation.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Personal health matter=Sweating bullets

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Noo. Really? I'm so shocked.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dangit Bryan, has your clavicle spanking ruined the availability of a Mercury biopic?

Stupid rear end in a top hat if so, otherwise let me see a Mercury pic that isn't Highlander.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Christopher Lambert should get even and do the soundtrack for the Mercury biopic.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I was wondering when Bryan Singer got hit...

Rami Malek is amazing though, & from what I've seen he can pull a mean Freddie

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Powaqoatse posted:

I was wondering when Bryan Singer got hit...

Rami Malek is amazing though, & from what I've seen he can pull a mean Freddie

Isn't it less being accused than prior accusations being revisited with renewed interest in this post-Weinstein environment.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He's the organiser of those "parties" Spacey went to

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Young Freud posted:

Isn't it less being accused than prior accusations being revisited with renewed interest in this post-Weinstein environment.

sure, i guess? doesnt mean their crime should be ignored though...

i mean if the guy managed to skip along the accusations 10 years ago, but they come out for real now, then he should answer to them. you know?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Dangit Bryan, has your clavicle spanking ruined the availability of a Mercury biopic?

It's a Freddie Mercury biopic that reportedly ends at Live Aid, and one that focuses more on Queen as a band than Mercury as a person. It was never going to be good.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He's the organiser of those "parties" Spacey went to

Holy poo poo. I knew about the parties but did know they were those "parties".

I recall Ian McKellan being a part of those parties, too :smith:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

feedmyleg posted:

It's a Freddie Mercury biopic that reportedly ends at Live Aid, and one that focuses more on Queen as a band than Mercury as a person. It was never going to be good.

tbh i hope the contract is written so Malek gets paid anyway

i wanst gonna watch the movie unless it got insane reviews. Biopics are boring as hell

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Same.

The only biopics I'd be real into are total fantasy ones that don't even try to approximate reality and do a weird genre thing. Like, give me a David Bowie biopic where he was Slaughterhouse​-Fived to Mars and learned how to be a rock god from some giant spiders. Like Lisztomania or whatever.

Speaking of, there other good ones out there along those lines? And nothing that's a Velvet Goldmine inspired by kind of thing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

We'll always have Straight Outta Compton.

I'll just continue watching Who Wants to Live Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Young Freud posted:

The halcyon days when going to a costume party dressed as a Catholic priest with one of your conspicuously young-looking twinks in tow was just good clean fun.

• Locked thread